1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How is PS4 (players)?

diegoaccord

Okay. So been on 360 at launch, and transferred characters to XB1. I bought a PS4, and picked up a copy of this game at that time. However, I sold it, because I just couldnt imagine leveling back up. I got up to lvl 6 and when I would get owned for not having access to stuff, I would just hop on XBOX.

I'm only at lvl 84 since 2013, I play off and on in spurts, and have most of the things I want. Would like a few things more. Now at this point, I've had a finale up since like Nov. I cannot get an inept crew for the life of me. After waiting so long.

And this is just Prison Break, something I've don'e plenty of times. I JUST literally had a guy finally break him out, and starts going to war with cops instead of just getting in the plane! The only other time a crew got him out(well over a month ago), the demolition blew up a PD heli that landed on the plane.

I really find this game grindy as hell (we all do) but are the PS4 players better enough or just more numerous that I might as start the hell over? Or can somehow put in a ticket to transfer to PS4?

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

Edited by diegoaccord

Having played on both consoles, PS4 players are exactly the same as those you'll find on Xbox. It's been hard to find competent players to do heists with for a while now and that will continue on any platform.

What I would recommend is making friends here from the Find Lobbies & Players Section or join crews and make friends so you'll have people to help you/play with. This can be done currently on the X1, but since there's most likely a larger playerbase on the Sony these efforts will probably be easier.

You are on a forum with 700,000 players. Make some friends here and do your heists.

Ps4 players are the same as all the other platforms. You just need to make friends.

At lvl 84 it doesn't matter if you start over or transfer. You don't really have anything anyways at a level that low.

• Like 3

It really wouldn't take you long to get up to level 84 if you play the right things. You could easily do it in a week. If you want help making money and levelling up message me and I'll let you have my ID.

If you're just choosing between Xbox One and Playstation 4, choose whichever platform you like best. You can't rely on random people for most things regardless of platform so you'll have to make friends anyway if you want to do certain things with some guarantee of success.

Do you like grass? The PS4 version has more grass.

That's all I got.

The grass is a lot shorter than it was on PS4 launch!. You used to be able to hide in it.

• Like 3

From my experience, most people are sh*tters, but on PS4, if you piss them off enough, they send you a 'spam bomb' and you get 450 messages from dummy accounts over the course of 15 minutes.

Lv 84 has me with everything I want except a few car mods, and tanks. I dont care about tanks, and if you know of some leveling tips, I'd love to hear them. Because I play 'normally', for fun, and I do go quite a bit of time without playing at times. Like months at a time. And as I said that lv84 is progression from 360 launch til the current date. GTAO is more of something I can always come back to when I've played too much of something else. I feel like it'd be 2020 before I was at lv 84 on PS4 if I started over, sole reason for selling that version.

But if competent players will add me, PM me info - for XBOX ONE, currently. Same tag on PS4 if you want. I'll also make a thread in lobbies, ect.

DiegoElFuego

Feel the need to point out that Prison Break is the hardest heist to coordinate with randoms IMO, don't do that to yourself man. Friends & crews make this game much much better.

• 3 months later...
BrentMcGonagle

PS4 players are exactly the same as those you'll find on Xbox. Both are having the same experience. So, playing on both the platform is good. Make more friends here, so that you have a lot of friends to play the game. But if you want to play on PS4 then it has also been good. You can also get more information about PS4 games by visiting online.

Edited by BrentMcGonagle

The people on the PS4 version are the same as the people on every other version.

Really truly awful and detestable people.

CarimboHanky

The people on the PS4 version are the same as the people on every other version.

thanks for generalizing... if you play the game, you are part of the awful, detestable people!

thanks for generalizing...

No problem.

Furry_Monkey

I can assure you, the servers are just as garbage too

Yep, they're as non-existent as every other platform that you can play this peer-to-peer networked game.

In answer to the question, PS4 players are more handsome and have bigger dicks.

Even the men.

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 2

I can assure you, the servers are just as garbage too

In answer to the question, PS4 players are more handsome and have bigger dicks.

Even the men.

Almost word for word what I was going to say!

We smell better too.

• Like 1

Lonely-Martin

With respect, if, at rank 84 and having not done 90% of this game, your finding it 'grindy' already...This game is NOT for you...

Saying that, you also admit to a very casual approach, and have spent a very little time in LS, compared to most here anyhow, that, IMO, it will be hard for you to build a reliable team, if your play is so sporadic, it puts teams off as we want consistent help/teammates, if you know what I mean...

But, no...In general, either console has a huge playerbase, this site has good lot of players too, all kinds of good guys on here,, heisters, freemode earners, and crews that specialize in getting noobs through jobs too... I'd suggest maybe posting in the 'find friends & players' thread, be clear about your intentions, hours of play and things you'd like from any potential player interested, you'll soon find a group that can embrace your playstyle, fitting to your timeframe...

This weekend especially, a great time to find 3 others and get those heists done... Kick low ranks, take only above what you're comfortable with, add anyone showing skill/knowledge, and text/talk to them, ask... Don't and won't get I'm afraid on this game for sure...

And read through the 'knowledgebase' threads too, regular contributors are good to approach for tips too, so much in this game, it can overwhelm, but braking it down on here for yourself, you may find a game mode you like, or players you gel with...

The only difference i noticed is that ps4 looks better, other than that they play literally the same. Same scummy community across the board, so it's best to just make friends who enjoy doing the same things you enjoy in game.

Quinn_flower

well on ps4 there are alot of aspiring comedians on the mics.

Prince_Polaris

So, despite not owning either XB1 or PS4, I doubt either communities are that much different. They're both consoles, which mean you'll have a load of kids I suppose but other than that I can't see any problems... so if you're gonna buy a new console just to switch I wouldn't recommend that at all, just keep doing GTA on the one you got!

And.....

tenor.gif

Edited by Prince_Polaris