1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Collection Time - Your Thoughts?

REXX

Along with the final tunable we have received the Dewbauchee Specter and a new adversary mode Collection Time.

In game description:

With life worth just one point, teams take out each other to collect as many as they can. Hold all the points for 30 seconds to win or have the highest points total at the end of the round.

So, this thread is simply for discussing this new adversary mode. Personally, in my eyes its pretty much a team deathmatch.

So, whats your thoughts?

I actually love it, but I love deathmatches. It's quite strategic; if you're holding most of the bags, you're obviously the primary target and the points can easily jump to favour the other team with one single kill. You will likely want to work together and spread the bag pickups out among your teammates. Thankfully, there is an out of bounds area, so people aren't able to just collect the bags and run completely off the map. The starting and pickup weapons are decent and don't seem excessively OP here.

All in all, it's a nice new mode--right up there with both Deadline and Drop Zone (in my opinion), but much like all Adversary Modes, it will likely be forgotten when its double RP/double money promotion ends. I only wish that R* had more of a quality over quantity vision when it comes to newly added jobs; there's just far too many Adversary jobs now and ones like this just seem to get lost in the mix of the very average or poorly made ones.

I will definitely be playing this quite a bit during the promotion.

Edited by -LN-

I think this should be a Capture to be honest, but oh well, not even the RP glitchers cares about that game mode anyway...

I think this should be a Capture to be honest, but oh well, not even the RP glitchers cares about that game mode anyway...

*sigh* :( and captures have so much potential too.

People do not understand how to play this game. They kill someone, they drop like 3 bags and the guy runs off to kill some other people. It is a good concept for a game but some people are so f*cking stupid

People do not understand how to play this game. They kill someone, they drop like 3 bags and the guy runs off to kill some other people. It is a good concept for a game but some people are so f*cking stupid

I don't think it's any kind of concept. It's basically a Capture - Hold. Instead of a base, players hold the bags.

• Like 1

Actlikeyouknow

You're suggesting the GTAO fanbase is known for having intelligent people.

Nice game mode. Like it. But like always: randoms f*cking it up. Either with friends or if double time is over

Played 2 rounds.

Killed a guy that had 8 bags with 13 seconds left. Won 8-5. 2nd round, team got all bags and won holding for 30 seconds.

Unlikely to play again. Once the numbers drop from a team, it will be one-sided.

• Like 1

aaronBLUEeyes

I've played it but at the time not many of our crew were on, it's sh*tty for only 2 players but I have a feeling with 4-6 players or greater it will be fun.

You're suggesting the GTAO fanbase is known for having intelligent people.

He is definitely not suggesting that. All the people on this forum pointing out on a daily basis how stupid players are in this game are not suggesting or implying anything like what you are saying.

If anything, you could have said his post was more or less redundant as people tend not to know how to do most things in this game. At least not when it comes to anything involving team play.

Edited by BlackMilk

I haven't played it yet, but it being yet another adversary mode loses it some points for sure.

Sounds kind of like a deathmatch/capture/lts hybrid?

(I almost definitely won't play it by the way. I don't want adversary modes; I want new vehicles. Specific types of new vehicles).

Edited by Happy Hunter
  • Like 4

Played it once. Our best player left after 1 minute of play and the enemy team held all bags within 3 minutes.

On the second round everyone on my team started leaving and by the time I left it was a 3v6.

I'll never understand why does Rockstar come up with these sh*tty Adversary modes. Running Back, Inch by Inch, Keep the Pace and several other Adv. modes can be quite fun, but Juggernaut, Kill Quota and this one are basically DMs with some extra features.

EDIT: I also like Drop Zone despite it being basically a DM as well, but it's because you can play with the higher ground and it requires a somewhat decent tactic, since if you die, you'll have to deal with the respawn timer AND the parachuting down time.

Edited by iSaint9

Non Funkable Token

Glorified capture.

It's not a bad thing at all, regarding adversary modes, the simpler the better. The extremely gimmicky ones are hit or miss, this isn't the case.

• Like 1

Finally got a chance to play it. 2 of the randoms had mics. One rank 600 plus and other rank 80 something. We communicated and dominated. Won both rounds. 2nd one handily. I enjoyed it.

TwistOfLime21

The thing with all these Adversary Modes is that they sound great on paper but when it comes to actually playing them, they're pretty average at best.

Edited by TwistOfLime21
  • Like 1

Well, this is unfortunate, but this game mode is very glitched; there are times when the score does not change regardless of who is holding what or who drops what--it will freeze on a random score and that will be the deciding factor at the end of the round. None of the bags will appear on the radar and it just basically turns into a deathmatch until the timer rounds out or everyone on the negative side leaves.

When it works, it's quite fun--provided you have players who understand the objective, but when it's glitched, there's really no point at all.

Sigh. Fix the game for f*ck sake, this is ridiculous!

Actlikeyouknow

The thing with all these Adversary Modes is that they sound great on paper but when it comes to actually playing them, they're pretty average at best.

And the kicker is most of these modes are just blatant copies of other modes from other games. C.T. is just a rip-off of kill confirmed, and kill quota was just gun game.

• Like 1

Rockstar ripped off the Kill Confirmed gamemode from the Call of Duty franchise, replaced the dogtags with moneybags and soldiers with facetattooed rainbow-haired nutjobs with purple helmets, and called it a day like they do for most other adversary modes.

I prefer deathmatches that don't have any stupid gimmick.

• Like 3

oleg_aka_djmeg

imagine how many things could've been done, how many issues could've been addressed and how many bugs could've been fixed if rockstar had their adversary mode team work on those instead of adversary modes for one single update. by the way, go to hide options and enable missions, then check the map, it's pretty funny at this point.

• Like 7

Retro Flutter

Made me think of "Kill Confirmed" game mode from CoD. Friend and I played earlier....walked out at the end of it with $77k...so not too bad overall. Though, I definitely prefer some of the other adversary modes in the game...But we'll play whatever Adv. Mode has double cash.

Fun alternative to TDM and pays out a bit more cash in comparison as well.

Well, this is unfortunate, but this game mode is very glitched; there are times when the score does not change regardless of who is holding what or who drops what--it will freeze on a random score and that will be the deciding factor at the end of the round. None of the bags will appear on the radar and it just basically turns into a deathmatch until the timer rounds out or everyone on the negative side leaves.

When it works, it's quite fun--provided you have players who understand the objective, but when it's glitched, there's really no point at all.

Sigh. Fix the game for f*ck sake, this is ridiculous!

This sucks. Btw I noticed it's glitched when somebody leaves the match. Then the team with the most players will win when the time runs out.

Darealbandicoot

When it ended literally everyone with mics, even the winning team all said "Well that was sh*t". I thought it was fun enough but i agree with less players its pretty bad.

As far as I'm concerned it's definitely on the better side of adversary modes, rather fun, although that was with a completely full lobby that stayed full and featured the rare sight of teamwork between randoms.

its fun

nice payout

everything is good aslong as you get 8 players and make it only 2 team

16 players, 4 teams it gets really chaotic hahaha

like i said in other thread, in my book is upthere with dropzone and entourage as one of their best adversary modes

• Like 2

id rather they spent the time improving the completely neglected core game modes instead of these sh*te Adversry.

Improve TDM, Captures, Survivals and improve the content creator.

Survival especially is criminally neglected when it has the potential to be one of the most fun game modes ever. Add more waves, even unlimited! tonnes of new Survival only weapons could be added, loads of new NPC options and ares of the map. Larger Survival areas which allow you to use the new special vehicles (ruiner2000 , ramp buggy etc) list goes on in the ways you could improve Survival alone, which would be way more welcomed and played than any Adversary mode they have ever or will ever release (on current form)

• Like 3