1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Cops Need Nerf

fofojo

I honestly think cops need a nerf. I've been playing for 3 years now and I've been tolerating them up to this point but they seriously need some tweaking

see my 2 biggest problems with the cops are that

1. they aggro on you when you do anything illegal: now of course you re gonna say "that's what cops are supposed to do" but the problem is that this is a sandbox game where anything fun that you do is illegal so basically "they aggro on you when you do anything illegal" is the same thing as "they aggro on you when you do anything"

2. They aren't actually realistic: Its pretty obvious that they were trying to go for a more realistic approach with the police. but the issue is that they aren't. The second you fire off a shot no matter how remote of a location you're in you get a star and police are instantly dispatched to your location Who called the police? and afterwards even if no cops saw you now every cop who will ever see you will kill you on sight. When you're trying to escape the police cop cars will just spawn on your map in your way as if they could teleport. this makes sense if they line of sight but if they've lost line of sight its nonsensical. and if you have line of sight and are hiding patrols will spawn near you and a lot of times go to your exact location. how did they know that? do they have cerebro?

I personally like the idea of police as a pve challenge but the problem is that they are omnipresent every where you go. I basically just stopped trying to escape them cause I know they'll just aggro on me again. I have so many more issue with these police I could honestly go on for days

You can make them good and still keep the realism. for example if you fire off a bullet in a urban area a cop will go to your location and if that cop sees you he can alert all police instead all police somehow magically knowing exactly who you are.

Edited by fofojo
  • Like 3

No just no.

Bad idea

What? He didn't even mention any solutions yet about nerfing cops in this game. Are you a mind reader or something? How can you already tell that his idea is bad if he didn't even say anything?

-As for the OP-.

Agree with you.

Still hate the fact that cops can shoot you while driving in both Next-gen and PC on any wanted level(Well, if you fire a shot anyway). Really makes the cops even more annoying than usual.

I would also like it if the Police chopper gunners weren't so damn accurate. They can chip away health way too freaking fast when you have no cover.

Agree with you.

Still hate the fact that cops can shoot you while driving in both Next-gen and PC on any wanted level(Well, if you fire a shot anyway). Really makes the cops even more annoying than usual.

I would also like it if the Police chopper gunners weren't so damn accurate. They can chip away health way too freaking fast when you have no cover.

me too , considering their vehicles can catch up on player's souped up turismo and when players are driving one , they turns out not fast as it expected

and the PolMav's tendecies to appearing out of nowhere ( say highest point allowed in the game )

Isn't this a B'tch and Moan topic? Cops don't need a nerf btw. You just need to out run them better/ call Lester/ or die and respawn. It's not that bad, although sometimes things get alittle hairy.

No just no.

Bad idea

What? He didn't even mention any solutions yet about nerfing cops in this game. Are you a mind reader or something? How can you already tell that his idea is bad if he didn't even say anything?

Hes not a mind reader.. Hes just an idiot.

"I have the B&M topic bookmarked because I lack the basic human skills to debate and respectfully disagree with a topic I don't like, I love looking like an insufferable childish prick!"

Isn't this a B'tch and Moan topic? Cops don't need a nerf btw. You just need to out run them better/ call Lester/ or die and respawn. It's not that bad, although sometimes things get alittle hairy.

im more annoyed with how easy it is to get them. I honestly dont care if it is a bitch and and moan a good argument is a good arguement

im more annoyed with how easy it is to get them. I honestly dont care if it is a bitch and and moan a good argument is a good arguement

How is this a good argument? It's just three choices.. You can either run-call lester- or die. Regardless of how easy it is im pretty sure it's not keeping you from enjoying the game. Rockstar made it that way on purpose.

How is this a good argument? It's just three choices.. You can either run-call lester- or die. Regardless of how easy it is im pretty sure it's not keeping you from enjoying the game. Rockstar made it that way on purpose. It ruins PvP, I don't want to spend 5K just for a couple of minutes with joy cops, they ruin everything they shoehorn themselves in and distract us from intense firefights.
  • Like 2

Am i the only one that laughs the moment anyone mentions that Bitch and Moan topic..?

Like.. if you don't like a topic.. Don't read it.

When it comes to video games, people LOVE to discuss problems with a game and ways to fix it. You simply cannot have a topics about fixing things without pointing out the issues. If pointing out the issues sound like bitching and moaning, than thats the fault of the reader taking it as such.

The obession with readers here and some mods to shove everything they deem a B @ M into a single topic is a f*ckin joke... Like this forim need a safe space insead of people using their f*ckin brains and only reading/commeting on topics they choose too.

Edited by .Vooodu.

How is this a good argument? It's just three choices.. You can either run-call lester- or die. Regardless of how easy it is im pretty sure it's not keeping you from enjoying the game. Rockstar made it that way on purpose.
It ruins PvP, I don't want to spend 5K just for a couple of minutes with joy cops, they ruin everything they shoehorn themselves in and distract us from intense firefights.

Well I mean they do have to keep the peace somehow. If it weren't for the cops, LS and Blaine County would turn into a war zone with players indiscriminately killing NPCs and other players alike and also wouldn't reflect what normally would happen if you killed someone or blew up a car or crashed a plane. Heck it wouldn't be GTA if there were no cops.

Am i the only one that laughs the moment anyone mentions that Bitch and Moan topic..?

When it comes to video games, people LOVE to discuss problems with a game and ways to fix it. You simply cannot have a topics about fixing things without pointing out the issues. If pointing out the issues sound like bitching and moaning, than thats the fault of the reader taking it as such.

The obession with readers here and some mods to shove everything they deem a B @ M into a single topic is a f*ckin joke... Like this forim need a safe space insead of people using their f*ckin brains and only reading/commeting on topics they choose too.

The only reason why I mentioned it in the first place is because in the GTA forums there is a place for everything. By your thinking I could become a special snowflake too and decide my thread deserves special attention because reasons although what I am talking about clearly is about the ongoing discussion in a different thread. Whoever said anything about a safe space? You trying to be the edgy cool guy huh....You know so much. I'm suprised you haven't applied to be a forum moderator by now.

Hey its not my place to to tell people where to put their topics. Im sure the MODs know when a person has been led astray.

Edited by 4N0M4LY

It ruins PvP, I don't want to spend 5K just for a couple of minutes with joy cops, they ruin everything they shoehorn themselves in and distract us from intense firefights.

Well I mean they do have to keep the peace somehow. If it weren't for the cops, LS and Blaine County would turn into a war zone with players indiscriminately killing NPCs and other players alike and also wouldn't reflect what normally would happen if you killed someone or blew up a car or crashed a plane. Heck it wouldn't be GTA if there were no cops.

youre thinking about this from a realism aspect when you should seeing this from a gameplay aspect. If this game were 100% realistic then you would have to wait a ingame week for a replacement car. your character would die in one shot. your characters bones would break when hit by a car and you would have to go to the hospital. realism shouldnt supersede gameplay ever.

"Keep the peace"

Yeah sure, if that was the case, I wouldn't see that many griefers driving around with sticky bombs in their damn super cars 24/7

If anything, we need a sixth star and the cops to be using at least Tear Gas Grenades and sniper rifles from 3 stars and up.

• Like 2

youre thinking about this from a realism aspect when you should seeing this from a gameplay aspect. If this game were 100% realistic then you would have to wait a ingame week for a replacement car. your character would die in one shot. your characters bones would break when hit by a car and you would have to go to the hospital. realism shouldnt supersede gameplay ever.

GTA's whole gameplay setting premise is to mimic real life "Loosely" not exactly. If you want to shoot up a bunch of people and blow stuff up go play a battlefield sim or CoD. Cops are here to stay in GTA and I highly doubt Rockstar is going to make it easier to evade the cops

Edited by 4N0M4LY

that comment deserves an award

CaliMeatWagon

I honestly think cops need a nerf. I've been playing for 3 years now and I've been tolerating them up to this point but they seriously need some tweaking

1. they aggro on you when you do anything illegal: now of course you re gonna say "that's what cops are supposed to do" but the problem is that this is a sandbox game where anything fun that you do is illegal so basically "they aggro on you when you do anything illegal" is the same thing as "they aggro on you when you do anything"

2. They aren't actually realistic: Its pretty obvious that they were trying to go for a more realistic approach with the police. but the issue is that they aren't. The second you fire off a shot no matter how remote of a location you're in you get a star and police are instantly dispatched to your location Who called the police? and afterwards even if no cops saw you now every cop who will ever see you will kill you on sight. When you're trying to escape the police cop cars will just spawn on your map in your way as if they could teleport. this makes sense if they line of sight but if they've lost line of sight its nonsensical. and if you have line of sight and are hiding patrols will spawn near you and a lot of times go to your exact location. how did they know that? do they have cerebro?

I personally like the idea of police as a pve challenge but the problem is that they are omnipresent every where you go. I basically just stopped trying to escape them cause I know they'll just aggro on me again. I have so many more issue with these police I could honestly go on for days

You can make them good and still keep the realism. for example if you fire off a bullet in a urban area a cop will go to your location and if that cop sees you he can alert all police instead all police somehow magically knowing exactly who you are.

Who said the cops were supposed to be realistic in this game? If anything, Rockstar is known for taking a satirical approach to the worlds they create. The cops are no different. For decades the Los Angeles Police Department has been known to be overly aggressive, abusive, and often times an embarassement to police everywhere. Take a look back at 2013 when the LAPD shot and injured two ladies delivery newspapers during their manhunt for Chris Dorner. The vehicle the ladies were driving did not match the make, color, or plates of the Dorner's truck, but it was a truck so they shot it up anyway.

• Like 2

Who said the cops were supposed to be realistic in this game? If anything, Rockstar is known for taking a satirical approach to the worlds they create. The cops are no different. For decades the Los Angeles Police Department has been known to be overly aggressive, abusive, and often times an embarassement to police everywhere. Take a look back at 2013 when the LAPD shot and injured two ladies delivery newspapers during their manhunt for Chris Dorner. The vehicle the ladies were driving did not match the make, color, or plates of the Dorner's truck, but it was a truck so they shot it up anyway.

arent you contradicting yourself with that. youre saying cops arent meant to be realistic but you use a real world example. anyway like I said before you should consider how the cops would play out from a gameplay aspect not what the actual cops are like in real life.

Lonely-Martin

IT'S A GAME!!! Besides, like the chap before me said, LAPD are known to over-aggressive thugs...

"Cops need a nerf"

Specific complaints made by OP: 2+

Suggestions to to improve the cops, other than generic "nerf" by OP: 0

Number of times this subject has been posted in 39 months: too many to count.

Cliche "B&M thread" posts: 2

Specific suggestions from anyone else on how to improve the cops (excluding a buff): 0

Complaints about "B&M" post: 6

Cops are fine the way they are. My only complaint is when a Security Guard sees you the cops instantly know where you are again, even if none are in the range of the minimap.

I would like to see the cops sensitivity toned down a little as so many things now have to take place in freeroam, and if you are/we're in any armed vehicle then the fifth star spawned NPC Lazers. (Wishlist thread)

• Like 2

Just joined and already stirring the pot. You'll fit right in!

I think the B&M was posted because this has been debated to hell. It's nothing new. Yes, the cops are OP. No, we can't do anything about it. There's memes and memes that cover using a silenced pistol in the desert and the cops all rushing in. I do wish the cops were more realistic or more...logical yet dumber such as GTA IV. I mean, sure, we can fight each other over stuff but at the end of the day we're still powering up the game and playing it. I personally believe we should have lobby options like GTA IV before getting smart/non-griefing cops. Having an option to have friendly fire off so players fight the cops together would be a more interesting take on it.

• Like 2