1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

This game needs visual upgrade, especially if they want to keep suppor

Error2k

What needs tweaking is daytime lighting, anti aliasing and some models. It's 2017 and this game graphics feel outdated as f*ck. It's been 2 years and they already feel like it's from 5 years ago. I'm sure this game in 15 years will be looked at the same way we look at Vice City nowadays if they don't tweak visuals. Would be great if we got update, similar to next gen release, where they add even more quality of life stuff and better graphics.

@edit Title is broken and I can't edit it : ^(

Edited by quxxo

Night time needs tweaking the most. It's far too light at night.

A nice thought, but highly doubtful. It's already had two if you count the PC release as separate from CG.

• Like 1

For me it's too dark. Lower your brightness. Imo daytime looks worse. Everything feels foggy and greyish. Sunset looks amazing though.

Edited by quxxo
  • Like 1

Lonely-Martin

In 15 years there will be bigger and better games out, much bigger. GTA will too have a new iteration by then so I don't see it as with RDR2 coming, most will go there until GTA returns, just a guess of course, but to re-do all the graphics on a game that most likely will die off in the next year is doubtful i'm afraid. We look back at all and any great game from the past with memories, as to go back a generation or two and expect it to technically keep you satisfied is a bit daft too... San Andreas was 10/10 on it's day too, go back to it now and it's so wooden and small feeling, Its called moving forward, this game far outlived expectations, be happy and look back fondly but it will end sometime to make way for new, big and vast games

• Like 3

What needs tweaking is daytime lighting, anti aliasing and some models. It's 2017 and this game graphics feel outdated as f*ck. It's been 2 years and they already feel like it's from 5 years ago. I'm sure this game in 15 years will be looked at the same way we look at Vice City nowadays if they don't tweak visuals. Would be great if we got update, similar to next gen release, where they add even more quality of life stuff and better graphics.

@edit Title is broken and I can't edit it : ^(

so uh...MSAA?

Just wait for GTA 6. GTA 5 and GTAO are pretty much done and its way too late to worry about graphic updates now. 2018-2020 is literally right around the corner. I'm sure you can wait it out.

kottonmouth401

In 15 years people will look at this game the way we look at Vice City now? I look at it with a smile of fond nostalgia. Hell, I played it on my tablet the other day, and its still fun. Outdated graphics and all.

• Like 9

Holy hot dangit in a bucket of goat curds are you kids today spoiled rotten!

Back when I was younger, this little game called DOOM! came out and everybody played it and it was the most awesome game ever and the graphics were beyond anything that had come before it and we played for hours and hours and never complained!

And it looked like this:

Doom-2-screenshots-3.jpg

I won't even get into the "look" of gaming prior to 1980, because it consisted of a pair of white blocks that went up and down, allowing you to hit another white block back and forth across the screen. And yeah... that was pretty amazing, too, when it first came out!

"Tweaking the daytime lighting and anti-aliasing..." good grief, almighty! :)

Problem 1. The lack of actual motion blur when driving at high speeds, cause right now the game has no sense of speed.

Problem 2. Increase the brightness, days look good, nights look bad. Decrease the brightness - nights look good, days look bad.

The graphics as a whole are very clean, like too clean. It overal lacks the "oooomph" that other games have. But changing that is probably too late. I hope GTA 6 will have something a bit fancier.

Edited by Fugitive69
  • Like 2

Back when I was younger, this little game called DOOM! came out and everybody played it and it was the most awesome game ever and the graphics were beyond anything that had come before it and we played for hours and hours and never complained!

And it looked like this:

Doom-2-screenshots-3.jpg

I won't even get into the "look" of gaming prior to 1980, because it consisted of a pair of white blocks that went up and down, allowing you to hit another white block back and forth across the screen. And yeah... that was pretty amazing, too, when it first came out!

This. Go play tooth invaders then boot GTAO up. Your eyes will spasm.

• Like 2

The game still looks awesome, maybe it's just me though. Only thing that is really noticeable is the AA.

• Like 3

my first pc game was the sims 2. looked crappy on my win xp and ran laggy but it was fun.

• Like 3

CarnageRacing00

The fact that it looks as good as it does is a technical achievement consider the intense physics processing and thousands of other calculations happening at once at any given moment.

The fact that it looks as good as it does is a technical achievement consider the intense physics processing and thousands of other calculations happening at once at any given moment.

100% this. Something 99% of games don't have to contend with.

• Like 3

And it looked like this:

Doom-2-screenshots-3.jpg

I played wolfenstein 3D before doom 😉 Kids these days nothing is too good for them. Just yesterday I was talking with my friend over the mic I've recently got a larger tv to play on and was surprised at all the little extra detail I've been missing playing on a smaller screen. Game doesn't need a graphic update it needs a new player base update.

whywontyoulisten

Dear OP,

turboesprit-5008-zoom.gif

f*ck you.

Sincerely, 80s gamers.

p.s. Rockstar please note that the dials are not blocked by the steering wheel in this game from 1985.

Edited by whywontyoulisten
  • Like 42

BRAAAP_STUTUTU

How would that even be possible,the game is already extremely resource heavy as-is,(remember needing two titan X's to run it at maximum settings,4K and whatnot).

Sure there are mods that increase fidelity and quality,but anything that doesn't earn Rockstar any money is not gonna be done. Not mentioning how hard and time-intensive making high-quality 3D models is (games with real cars use manufacturer liscensed 3D models,which explains their quality)

p.s. Rockstar please note that the dials are not blocked by the steering wheel in this game from 1985.

Yea i hate how they manage to fook that up all the time,what is the point of dials if you can't even SEE them?

• Like 1

CarnageRacing00

How would that even be possible,the game is already extremely resource heavy as-is,(remember needing two titan X's to run it at maximum settings,4K and whatnot).

Sure there are mods that increase fidelity and quality,but anything that doesn't earn Rockstar any money is not gonna be done. Not mentioning how hard and time-intensive making high-quality 3D models is (games with real cars use manufacturer liscensed 3D models,which explains their quality)

Yea i hate how they manage to fook that up all the time,what is the point of dials if you can't even SEE them?

Alt+F5 to adjust driver's seat

graphics feels outdated, yet still better than many games out there...

for a game this old, it has aged really well.

• Like 2

streetx1xracer

Get a pc and download the various graphics mods.

Otherwise don't expect your console to get graphic upgrades.

As someone who was introduced to gaming with a Wii...

I can still say that GTA Online looks excellent and that games like Doom etc. are still very impressive. I know Cave Story is a very recent game, but that's another pretty fair example of how fun games with "bad" graphics can be fun.

Even with the Wii I still would play the Super Nintendo just as much back then.

In other words don't complain???

If they made night time any darker, the game would basically be unplayable in a room with any natural lighting.

Pink Pineapple

I won't even get into the "look" of gaming prior to 1980, because it consisted of a pair of white blocks that went up and down, allowing you to hit another white block back and forth across the screen.

Swing from green dot to green dot with your red square monkey!

Wastelander (Suzuki)

Get a pc and download the various graphics mods.

Otherwise don't expect your console to get graphic upgrades.

Warframe got a Graphic engine Upgrade on console and PC, but that is a game made by people with a clue on how to make a half decent game.

Dear OP,

f*ck you.

Sincerely, 80s gamers.

LOL!! I didn't want to get into the text-based games, like Zork I, as games didn't even HAVE graphics! lol!

zork_i.png

Wastelander (Suzuki)

Dear OP,

f*ck you.

Sincerely, 80s gamers.

LOL!! I didn't want to get into the text-based games, like Zork I, as games didn't even HAVE graphics! lol!

zork_i.png

Since we're breaking games from the past, here's one from my childhood

Urban Assault: h25QyU2.jpg

• Like 3