Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,851 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

piko

San Fierro Appreciation topic

Official General

san Fierro is fun. I've owned this game more than 4 times and the furthest I've ever gotten in this game is the flight school missions(no wonder I quit) but i'm back at it and i'm in san Fierro again. the great thing about the 3d era is that you always find something new when you come back. I did not know about the boat school or that passing driving school, valet, boating school and bike courier will gain you assets and you witll be able to collect money from them.

Make sure you complete the full main story of San Andreas, its worth it, the last quarter of the game goes onto to a rollercoaster finish and wild finale. I don't blame you for giving up on the flight school part though, when I first played the game I was stuck on it for a very long time, to the point I nearly abandoned it for a bit. But honestly just finish it, you will like it even more. You're right about new discoveries and SA is so full of that for me - when I played it again last year for only the second time in my life, I discovered for the first time that CJ could own a car sales business, run a pimping ring, play pool for cash, could date women in other cities (apart from LV), I never knew all of this at the start. I didn't even remember that SA even had strip clubs when I first played SA, can you believe that ? It's just a testament to the huge size and variety offered by this game to explore even 12 years after it was released.

KingD19

I Love SF Im mostly up there for business tho thats collecting my assets from stuff I own sf is not really a exciting place to live if you don't own any business there or have a reason to be there you will get bored fast.

I fell in love with San Fierro when I visited Bayside and seen how nice it was the people treat you with respect I took a walk on the pier and walked around the lil town looking at all the houses and stores they got I wish I could get a house out there but I just settled in that neighborhood Paradiso in San Fierro. I also like San Fierro because it's more calm and peaceful in the city my cj is from and lives in Ganton in Los Santos so all I hear there is gun shots police or random fights so SF is the place to escape all that

Edited by KingD19

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Bro cruising down the Las Venturas Strip at night time :pp

gts.

Bro cruising down the Las Venturas Strip at night time :pp

Nothing to do with San Fierro.

Am Shaegar

I love SF (as well). It isn't a boring concrete jungle like the Liberty cities, but has the perfect blend of a bustling city with a unique environment of gritty smog, and interesting layout. I like how there are shortcuts available in the city to really enjoy the police chases during higher wanted stars. You can do some amazing pit maneuvers, and make the cop cars crash into each other, if you know how to effectively use every nook, and cranny in the city, and of course, you need to be a good driver, as well :p.

Official General

I love SF (as well). It isn't a boring concrete jungle like the Liberty cities, but has the perfect blend of a bustling city with a unique environment of gritty smog, and interesting layout. I like how there are shortcuts available in the city to really enjoy the police chases during higher wanted stars. You can do some amazing pit maneuvers, and make the cop cars crash into each other, if you know how to effectively use every nook, and cranny in the city, and of course, you need to be a good driver, as well :p.

Looks even more stunning with 2Dfx and SkyGfx.

Evil empire

San Fierro is very agreable, it brings a feeling of quietness and liberty. Among the 5 GTA cities I know it's only n°4 but I appreciate the way it looks, it has a good diversity,of areas and offers a very good spot for the taxi sub-mission

Edited by Evil empire

4nsmiley

i just wish there was mission or side missions the took place at Foster Valley and Missionary Hill. those areas are so rich full of detail, but you never go there at all for the story. just go there for a couple of snapshots and AK. what a waste.

Jack Lupino

Of all 3 I spent least amount of time in this city. So I cant say I love it too much.

I have always liked LV more than SF because of so many activities and side missions that the latter lacked.

Also a huge downside of SF is you cannot ride or drive the cable car.

RetroMystic

Of all 3 I spent least amount of time in this city. So I cant say I love it too much.

I have always liked LV more than SF because of so many activities and side missions that the latter lacked.

Also a huge downside of SF is you cannot ride or drive the cable car.

It's almost like everytime it goes past you it's taunting you. I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to get into the cable car.

Evil empire

Another thing I appreciate in San Fierro is the proximity to the countryside and the desert plus the relief especially when I do the vigilante job, I can be in Chinatown in one moment then I go to a little village in the desert then the vicinity of Mount Chiliad. The city's design also gives good opportunities to trick the enemies by attacking them from the rear.

Edited by Evil empire

Alex Chilton

The best city in the game is San Fierro, can't wait to see this amazing city in the hd era or 4k era whatever

Zello

The only thing I hated was whenever I was flying I would get a wanted level because I was flying over the stupid Naval base. I was just appreciating the view of the city in the air ruined by jets coming after me.

Am Shaegar

The only thing I hated was whenever I was flying I would get a wanted level because I was flying over the stupid Naval base. I was just appreciating the view of the city in the air ruined by jets coming after me.

It's an appreciation topic. You'd want to use other threads for complaining any aspect about the game.

Besides, flying over a Naval base is obviously going to attract the heat. Its common sense. What you may not realise is the freedom the game allows in dealing with such situations like "No Wanted Level" Mission Exploits

Official General

The best city in the game is San Fierro, can't wait to see this amazing city in the hd era or 4k era whatever

If it ever happens, which I very much doubt at this point.

I'm playing SA now, and I just love visiting SF. I've added much more ambience and objects with mods that make it look even better.

Ray Carter

I like San Francisco, but San Fierro was poorly mapped. All Cities suffered from mappers copy and pasting buildings to expand the neighbourhoods, but San Fierro was the worst. Ocean Flats and Calton Heights are good examples. Take a screenshot here and it's hard to know exactly where it was taken.

Official General

I like San Francisco, but San Fierro was poorly mapped. All Cities suffered from mappers copy and pasting buildings to expand the neighbourhoods, but San Fierro was the worst. Ocean Flats and Calton Heights are good examples. Take a screenshot here and it's hard to know exactly where it was taken.

Bro, the game was made 14 years ago, and by gaming standards, it is now a very, very old game - gaming technology has come a very long way since the establishment of the HD era. For what it did for it's time, it really tried and it did very well to achieve what it achieved, a huge map, 3 different cities, numerous interactive, interiors, and more. Give it a break.

Edited by Official General

gts.

What are you was expecting from a 2004 game? A map like the one from Driver: San Francisco?

The map it was and still insane for the time when the game was released. Even for the PS2 hardware, is very well optimized.

Ray Carter
Posted (edited)

If you want to compare standards, I think Liberty City and Los Santos were better mapped. Vice City simply had too much water, beaches and airport. Las Venturas also has a lot of copied map areas. Redsands East & West look identical to Rockshore East & West as well as Whitewood Estates. And I don't expect the same standards as Driver San Francisco either. It's probably what San Fierro would look like in the HD era. GTA 6 maybe.

I like San Fierro's Downtown, Chinatown, Garcia and Hashbury. But, I think places like Calton Heights and Ocean Flats were done lazily by copying the same building, rather than creating new ones based on the actual neighborhoods. Maybe they ran out of references while researching San Francisco.

Edited by Ray Carter

gts.

If you want to compare standards, I think Liberty City and Los Santos were better mapped. Vice City simply had too much water, beaches and airport. Las Venturas also has a lot of copied map areas. Redsands East & West look identical to Rockshore East & West as well as Whitewood Estates. And I don't expect the same standards as Driver San Francisco either. It's probably what San Fierro would look like in the HD era. GTA 6 maybe.

I like San Fierro's Downtown, Chinatown, Garcia and Hashbury. But, I think places like Calton Heights and Ocean Flats were done lazily by copying the same building, rather than creating new ones based on the actual neighborhoods. Maybe they ran out of references while researching San Francisco.

About the mapping between Los Santos and the other cities, I've read something like that before. And guess what, you're right too. You can notice how Los Santos has a lot of detail against San Fierro and Las Venturas, but oh well the point here is San Fierro. Maybe I exaggerated a little bit with Driver San Francisco map but you can't expect so much from a 2004 game but, for a 2004 open world game with a lot of features, the map is just insane and very well made. Anyway as you said the developers ran out of references or they were so lazy to add different (or new...) models and they started to copy and paste everywhere. And I think it was the latter thing. Lazy R*. :p

Lioshenka

SF is my №2 favourite city after GTA 3's Liberty.

It has this character, which although similar to LC is yet distinctly different. I remember the first time taking Truth down the motorway and the skyline of the city of psychedelic wonders rising on the horizon. I loved it's 19th century red-brick warehouses, the neat greyness of the skyscrapers, the ease of navigation.

Hours were spent jumping of the triangular skyscraper and riding the tram. It had some of the best missions - one would take you back to the countryside, and another - to the desert, just showing how conveniently located it is. I remember spending hours trying to shoot Toreno's helicopter down; the maze of motorways seemed like an impossible task back in 2005! The underwater swimming (oh, the terror of the condom being stuck to your face) was done beautifully.

Later, I discovered the awesome fog in the bay area, scenic and peaceful views over the harbour with the cargo ships; that little hill with residential properties with the bay windows. I loved driving around that are in the mornings. It felt like you are leaving your home as the sun slowly rose over the houses.

And of course the crazy racing and jumping up these hills. Wasn't that simply great?