3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Xmas Noob needs returning player/Collectors Edition help

Rosko_GTA

Hi all, long time lurker-just signed up for an account.

My story is similar to ones in other threads that I've read (I did search a few threads-but I have SPECIFIC questions not covered in other topics)

So I got PS4 (best wife ever!) as well as a new GTAV disc for Xmas. I previously had the PS3 GTAV Collectors Edition.

I've been dealing with R* support on getting my content from the CE back but I came here to ask a few questions about HOW to KNOW (early in the game at that) if the returning player content (not including the in game $$$) is indeed available on my PS4 version. I MIGHT have missed the "welcome back to San Andreas" message but I don't think so.

A couple of things to note before I ask my probably stupid questions:

For the returning player stuff:

-I do have access to the Xero Blimp

-Railgun appears in shooting range under "bonus"

-The Railgun is locked on the wall in ammu-nation but can be seen and examined/panned around (greyed out-but still there)

For the collectors edition stuff:

-Stunt plane trials didn't show up until I un-linked and then re-linked my PSN gamertag from R* Social Club.

-Hammer from CE is available but for $500

-Bullpup Shotgun from CE is locked and not available

So my questions are:

1. Would the railgun/blimp even show up in ammunation or as a contact on my phone if I didn't have the returning player stuff?

2. Why is the CE stuff locked up like Fort Knox?

3. Should I do the workaround for the returning player stuff and hope that it works for the collectors edition stuff as well? I sold my PS3 to a friend along with the CE game disc-I trust him enough to do it.

4. How can I find the monkey mosaic/murder mystery or do anything that would allow me to know for sure that I've got the returning player stuff unlocked? (Don't want to get ALL the way thru to find out I have to start over again with all my stuff lol!

5. Just to confirm (as the other threads are old)

My buddy has to sign in to PSN on the PS3, start a new game playing as me, link to social club inside of PS3 pause menu, after the Western Bagger Mission, save and logout and then I go back to PS4. ???

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I know I'm behind the times but I'm pumped to finally have a PS4 and explore GTAV on next gen and it's disappointing that my CE weapons/gear and returning player bonuses don't seem to be unlocked.

oleg_aka_djmeg

i think this needs to be moved or reposted to gta 5 help and support because this is for gta online.

you can check if returning bonus is available by going to warstock website and checking if marshall is there.

Agree, more related to GTA V. But anyways... The Railgun becomes available at Ammunation and in Director Mode after playing the Minor Turbulence mission with Trevor. Alternatively, load up the shooting range with a Railgun and kill yourself with it and you walk out the hospital with one in your weapon wheel.

Bullpup Shotgun might unlock after a certain mission perhaps? Did you see if the Pistol .50 was available? That is also a CE weapon.

Double check on the Legendary Motorsports and see if the Carbon RS and Hijak Khamelion are available as they too are CE content.

Moving to GTAV Section Help and Support.

Moving to GTAV Section Help and Support.

Sorry-I thought I had it in the right spot. Thanks for the quick answers.

Agree, more related to GTA V. But anyways... The Railgun becomes available at Ammunation and in Director Mode after playing the Minor Turbulence mission with Trevor. Alternatively, load up the shooting range with a Railgun and kill yourself with it and you walk out the hospital with one in your weapon wheel.

Bullpup Shotgun might unlock after a certain mission perhaps? Did you see if the Pistol .50 was available? That is also a CE weapon.

Double check on the Legendary Motorsports and see if the Carbon RS and Hijak Khamelion are available as they too are CE content.

Thanks for the quick replies!

-Tried the railgun shooting range glitch, BUT-didn't walk out of the hospital with one. R* must've patched it

-Pistol .50 was not available at ALL-just not even "in the case" greyed out at Ammu-nation.

-Bullpup SG should be available right from the get go WITH the hammer but the hammer was $500 and the BP SG was locked up.

-On GTAO I have my Khamelion, but In story mode on the website it's $100000 (obviously shouldn't cost $$ for that

-As mentioned above, I DO have the Xero Blimp contact (does this mean I got the return player stuff???)

As for the CE stuff, I called R* and also sent a video of my purchase history/the code I used on PS3.

Hopefully they'll get it sorted out. Did CE and SE owners get a code for the weapons and such like we did at last gen launch and I just missed it cause my wife held me to PS3 for 2 extra years???

I have a buddy about to play my CE disc up thru Franklin and Lamar then save and relink my R* SC account to the PS3 before he logs out and I log back into GTAV story mode on the PS4

I'm not aware of a code for the CE content for current gen. If the Xero Blimp is in your contact list, in theory the returning player content was added. Have you checked online to see if you have the Imponte Dukes available from the in-game browser. The vehicle only appears for returning players.