1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Effective ways to kill passives mode players.

xR4PTORx

Here are a few ways I know of to kill someone in passive mode.

1) Jump out of a moving car while driving at the passive player.

2) Shooting npc cars that are around the passive player (situational)

3) Use police to shoot at me while standing behind the passive player.

4) Drive a truck with a boat and trailer hitched (or a small toolbox apparently) into a passive player. The boat will hit them.

If you can think of any other ways, let us know.

Disclaimer: This is to be used strictly as an anti grief tool. If you do any of these to random people for no reason, your a griefer yourself and deserve to be killed in one of the ways listed.

Edited by xR4PTORx
  • Like 3

Super Gran Turismo

Hop in any vehicle and move as far away from the passive player as possible.

Solid Scorpion

Land a buzzard with the tail rotars clipping through the player. Get out of the buzzard. Profit?

Once they go passive you killed their will to compete. Which is enough for me.

Drive a vehicle with a trailer attached. The vehicle will pass through the passive player, but the trailer will crush them

Edited by ash-274

I've used 1 and 3. Another good one is to bait them into a car that has a sticky on it. The cheap player with jump out of passive to try to blow you up but you will be one step ahead of them.

Using the cops is another great one.

That said I don't kill passive players anymore. If someone is passive I leave them alone. If someone is jumping in and out of passive I usally just find a different session or keep them at a distance while keeping my eye on them.

You want to be passive and for me to leave you alone, fine. Just don't come back for more you cheap ass, you already lost the fight.

f*ck I hate passive hoppers.

• Like 3

I originally posted this due to a passive griefer. He got me twice until I finally caught on and did all three of the ones I listed. My favorite is the 2nd one lol.

He just wouldn't stop though. Eventually I got bored, but the whole time he kept calling me trashman, so it got me heated. I guess being called trashman gets to me. Who knew? Lol.

I thought it would be nice for other people who get caught up in a tangle with these kind of clowns to know what to do.

• Like 1

Drive a vehicle with a trailer attached. The vehicle will pass through the passive player, but the trailer will crush them

Almost! The trailer counts as part of your vehicle therefore also appears transparent. That's why a boat is needed. It's a separate vehicle completely and appears solid :p Best way to get'em in my opinion. Do it all the time to Passive jet griefers thinking they're safe :lol:

• Like 2

As someone who prefers to only use passive in freemode, these are all dick moves. I suppose if they were harassing you and then run away to passive mode it's fine, but I just prefer to drive around and not get killed constantly or blown up by script kiddies across the map.

Almost! The trailer counts as part of your vehicle therefore also appears transparent. That's why a boat is needed. It's a separate vehicle completely and appears solid :p Best way to get'em in my opinion. Do it all the time to Passive jet griefers thinking they're safe :lol:

This is probably the best and most easiest way to do it provided they are on foot. I added it to the list.

One of the available trailers is the small box one with random tools in it. The tools are also collide-able.

• Like 3

One of the available trailers is the small box one with random tools in it. The tools are also collide-able.

Ah yes, very true! Thought the last time I did that the tools went flying :lol:

What's wrong with passive?

Hey I use passive mode smh.

I wanna chill with Others but don't want to have a 24/7 cod deathmatch.

It's cool if your in passive if your gonna stay there. This is strictly for the few who hop in and out while killing others.

• Like 3

I took this thread as "What to do about d-bags that abuse passive mode"

Not to be used against passive players that are minding their own business.

That whole trailer thing sounds like it would rarely work. Taking the time to find the damn vehicle would give the other player enough time to get to another jet. Let's be serious. Also the way it sounds is that you would be passive trying to get kills which I find is just as bad if not worse then killing someone with a jet. Just saying that's how I look at it. You are adding to the passive abuse and justifying their passive abuse.

I don't know, to each their own but it doesn't sound very effective and I guess.. jet using passive hoppers deserve what the get I guess.

• Like 4

That whole trailer thing sounds like it would rarely work. Taking the time to find the damn vehicle would give the other player enough time to get to another jet. Let's be serious. Also the way it sounds is that you would be passive trying to get kills which I find is just as bad if not worse then killing someone with a jet. Just saying that's how I look at it. You are adding to the passive abuse and justifying their passive abuse.

I don't know, to each their own but it doesn't sound very effective and I guess.. jet using passive hoppers deserve what the get I guess.

I made this topic assuming everyone reading would only use these tactics as a way of self defense against the players who "passive hop".

Passive bunnies if you will.

• Like 2

In a way, you are kinda' right. But look at it like this. You know the ol' saying fight fire with fire? Same thing. Fight Passive with Passive :p

CarcerCityMadMan

2 other methods,work for afk passive types

1.Drop a bunch of tear gas around the player and kill yourself with the IM.I guess any canisters that go off after you die dont count as yours anymore.

2.Variant of the cops one,drive an armored car into the passive player while you have a wanted level

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan

I took this thread as "What to do about d-bags that abuse passive mode"

Not to be used against passive players that are minding their own business.

Ahhh carry on lol.

Saw the title and insta thought It was a another" I dislike passive mode so these are ways to kill them"

2 other methods,work for afk passive types

1.Drop a bunch of tear gas around the player and kill yourself with the IM.I guess any canisters that go off after you die dont count as yours anymore.

2.Variant of the cops one,drive an armored car into the passive player while you have a wanted level

If the first one is legit, that means we now have a reason to buy those lol. I always toss them out.

Here are a few ways I know of to kill someone in passive mode.

1) Jump out of a moving car while driving at the passive player.

2) Shooting npc cars that are around the passive player (situational)

3) Use police to shoot at me while standing behind the passive player.

4) Drive a truck with a boat and trailer hitched (or a small toolbox apparently) into a passive player. The boat will hit them.

If you can think of any other ways, let us know.

Disclaimer: This is to be used strictly as an anti grief tool. If you do any of these to random people for no reason, your a griefer yourself and deserve to be killed in one of the ways listed.

And griefers don't give a damn what you think of them. They know what they are. And since the ones I've seen tend to not just stand around on the street, idling and waiting to get killed by someone, all you seem to be doing by making this thread is giving them more ways to annoy other players.

So in that way, you don't seem very anti-griefing. But in all honesty, who the hell is still just standing around outside of any property not paying attention to their surroundings?

Do ignition and remote bombs work against players in Passive? If so I'm gonna drive to Los Santos Customs and park my Dubsta 2 outside :lol:

I think your missing the point... this is a list of known ways to kill a passive player, for those who become victims of someone abusing the system to get kills without getting killed themselves. A passive bunny isn't gonna take the time to kill other passives. He's got a lobby full of would be victims. I am no victim, and I made this thread to help others so they don't become victims either...

SoDank_ItPainsMe

Do ignition and remote bombs work against players in Passive? If so I'm gonna drive to Los Santos Customs and park my Dubsta 2 outside :lol:

No I tried it, the car blows up and you have to pay the insurance (if PV) but they do not die.

Edited by SoDank_ItPainsMe

Alternatively this might be titled "How to get other players killed while you are in passive mode" - because a lot of these tactics work both ways.

the method i use that needs very few skills, and that works 100% to get a griefer leave the server. simply put your car or your character above the guy's character/car. having your character upon his will rot his game. you need to be a bit patient but it works in 100% of the cases