2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Benny's: a scam?

JoeBoneless

A lot of people like the Bennified Sultan and the price was justified by the final results

Justified?

Where in the world do people pay nearly 2 mill for a suped up tuner?

Base cost to upgrade car should have been $50 000. $500 000 is a f*ckin joke. And R* is the one laughing..

Infact i can picture the R* execs sitting there saying.. "Just tack another ZERO on it, Papa needs a new REAL LIFE SUPER CAR"

Judging by how many players got one... OR MORE when it came out, it was justified to a lot of them. It just isn't to you.

$2M for a suped (actually in the Super class) Tuner? How about in the same world where a crushes fender and the entire side scraped up and the repairs cost $348. It's not real life where a minor ding is $575 in parts in labor.

Just convince everyone not to buy Benny's vehicles and maybe Rockstar will consider they've priced themselves too high and make things more reasonable for future cars. Otherwise, just keep folding your arms and stomping your foot and throwing a hissy fit. Nothing purchased at Benny's is NEEDED for anything in the game, it just supplies WANTS.

You're not quite explaining it right.

The concept of a Benny's upgrade is having a better performance car at the end of it. This does not happen. In fact, the car often under-performs in terms of top speed or lap times after the Benny's process. That's not quite right.

You're paying all that money just for looks, just so everyone knows.

Benny's origin was lowriders; the starling example of a looks-over-performance vehicles. At what point did Benny's ever make a car perform better (that wasn't the result of a glitch)? It made them "different" such a turning a 4-door into a 2-door and messing up the classes, but Benny's is nothing more than a dress & makeup store for cars. Not like Target or Walmart, more like the boutique shops inside luxury resorts: far more expensive than they should be, but are exclusive.
  • Like 2

I didn't like the fact of being a time machine now, as an example of Retro Comet and Retro Elegy. I think the tunable vehicles should be available at Legendary Motorsport as well.

Simple. You don't have to buy the upgrade if you don't want to. Ain't rocket science.

So... People shouldn't buy overpriced new content at all and should stick with old content?

What, they weren't supposed to download the update either?

People can do what they want, like I said in my other post. You're overlooking the fact that I clearly said people have a choice. Want it? Buy it. Don't want it, don't buy it. Regardless if it's a new vehicle, apartment or Benny Upgrade. No-one is forcing anyone.

This is why I use youtube. I always check customization videos of every car that drops before I even considering whether or not I want it. Saved me from wasting money on the itali gtb bennys upgrade

• Like 6

This is why I use youtube. I always check customization videos of every car that drops before I even considering whether or not I want it. Saved me from wasting money on the itali gtb bennys upgrade

This. Preview before purchase.

• Like 2

MrTroubleMaker

The concept of a Benny's upgrade is having a better performance car at the end of it. This does not happen. In fact, the car often under-performs in terms of top speed or lap times after the Benny's process. That's not quite right.

When I think of Benny's I think of Brucie's Executive Lifestyle Autos (Benny must be an ex employee of Brucie)

Edited by MrTroubleMaker

Simple. You don't have to buy the upgrade if you don't want to. Ain't rocket science.

... Well everyone wants too.. I mean, who sits there and says.. I don't want to buy upgrades?

Upgrades are not the problem tho... Paying $500 000 k to be able to by upgrades is.

Everyone who says "You don't have too"... Is pretty much missing the point. Which is exactly why R* plays their game of BAIT and GOUGE.

They know you want it.. They tack an extra upfront fee on it before even getting into the actual stuff you want to buy.

Those fees are ridiculous. No one rational disagrees with that. I just just combine the Benny's fee with the base cost of the vehicle, the same way that the Armored and Unarmored versions of the Baller/Shafter/Kuruma/etc. have two base prices.

I DO think that the Benny's website SHOULD show the price of the Base+Fee when showing you the customized version of a vehicle. Rockstar is a d*ck for NOT doing it that way. Instead you buy the base and drive it in to be hit with sticker shock... if you're not smart enough to check the internet first. Still, the Benny fee or the total cost, before upgrades/options, should be on the Benny's website.

• Like 3

TBH, it wasn't always a joke. Old vehicles used to be worth upgrading. After the Import/Export Update, they started losing the value. The limit on selling cars got removed. And then, there were dupe cars. But, I agree about the price. Paying $500,000 is way too much. It has been there since the start, only to be able to spend money on something. Also, considering that I've been awarded $250,000 twice, I don't really mind the paying the amount for an extra permanent ability.

The problem is R* Doubled down on the gouge.

I have no issues with over priced cosmetic changes..Really, thats optional. Its the fact that you have to PAY to be able to PAY for cosmetic changes and then PAY for actual upgrades is the issue i have.

The fact that these cars when fully upgraded start nearing and going over 2-3 mill... And a fighter jet is nearly the same price.. Makes no sense.

The only reason they gouge.. Is because they can.

Edited by .Vooodu.
  • Like 2

A lot of people like the Bennified Sultan and the price was justified by the final results

Justified?

Base cost to upgrade car should have been $50 000. $500 000 is a f*ckin joke. And R* is the one laughing..

Infact i can picture the R* execs sitting there saying.. "Just tack another ZERO on it, Papa needs a new REAL LIFE SUPER CAR"

Judging by how many players got one... OR MORE when it came out, it was justified to a lot of them. It just isn't to you.

$2M for a suped (actually in the Super class) Tuner? How about in the same world where a crushes fender and the entire side scraped up and the repairs cost $348. It's not real life where a minor ding is $575 in parts in labor.

Just convince everyone not to buy Benny's vehicles and maybe Rockstar will consider they've priced themselves too high and make things more reasonable for future cars. Otherwise, just keep folding your arms and stomping your foot and throwing a hissy fit. Nothing purchased at Benny's is NEEDED for anything in the game, it just supplies WANTS.

Benny's origin was lowriders; the starling example of a looks-over-performance vehicles. At what point did Benny's ever make a car perform better (that wasn't the result of a glitch)? It made them "different" such a turning a 4-door into a 2-door and messing up the classes, but Benny's is nothing more than a dress & makeup store for cars. Not like Target or Walmart, more like the boutique shops inside luxury resorts: far more expensive than they should be, but are exclusive.

Fair enough, you see the real purpose of Benny's upgrades - enticing you to spend your cash on things your friends might not be able to afford. It's a good point.

But supercars are performance cars, always have been, whereas lowriders are basic cars that are tweaked to look much much better than they did before - think Albany Buccaneer.

I think we're taking this subject way too seriously though - the game is designed for a young and casual gamer demographic, who doesn't really care about the minor stats under the hood. To me though, that just seems silly - why pay for a strut bar if it doesn't improve suspension and stability when cornering or going over bumps?

Edited by Jenkiiii
  • Like 3

Sure, of course we have the option to buy or not buy a service or item in the game.

But, Rockstar is very savvy in their way of creating a want or need for must-have addicts, ages 4-24.

So, while it's not a "scam," as we're all aware of what we're getting into, it's a "scam" in that the service leverages a players actual mentality and addictive nature to acquire and own, and then charge ridiculous fees to do so.

Pegasus vehicles are even worse because at least with Benny, you can sell back what you bought, though at a pitiful recoup.

Don't even get me started on Yachts. Cheers! :)

1jG-Eb3lK0WPkTELLFFY_Q_0_0.jpg

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Justified?

Benny's origin was lowriders; the starling example of a looks-over-performance vehicles. At what point did Benny's ever make a car perform better (that wasn't the result of a glitch)? It made them "different" such a turning a 4-door into a 2-door and messing up the classes, but Benny's is nothing more than a dress & makeup store for cars. Not like Target or Walmart, more like the boutique shops inside luxury resorts: far more expensive than they should be, but are exclusive.Sabre turbo custom ruined its class...a really fun balanced class before that thing came out.

Same. I liked the newest bike. Found a video that didn't suck, priced it out the way I would want it and it would cost me $448,000. I didn't like that price for the result, so I didn't buy one. If it goes on sale in a few months I'll check it again. If it doesn't I will continue to live.

I did the same thing with the Nero Custom and that result DID justify its cost to me, so I bought one.

To me, Benny's is one of the best adds in GTA Online. Owning cars that I can customize and make look unique is a lot of fun. Don't like the low riders though, I find them pretty silly; I much prefer the racecars. I WISH the Cunning Stunts cars had Benny's variants. Missed opportunity.

I think that's because the cunning stunts vehicles were mostly pure bred racers already. Not race cars made from street cars. If i remember correctly, most, if not all of the cunning stunts vehicles came with racing livery options, further backing my point that they are already racecars. If I was the owner of a custom car shop, that transforms cars into race cars/works of art/low riders, I'm not sure I would know what to do with a racecar to improve it. Add some modds and increase the weight of a purpose built race car? Doesn't make sence. Edited by huckmonkey

To me, Benny's is one of the best adds in GTA Online. Owning cars that I can customize and make look unique is a lot of fun. Don't like the low riders though, I find them pretty silly; I much prefer the racecars. I WISH the Cunning Stunts cars had Benny's variants. Missed opportunity.

I think that's because the cunning stunts vehicles were mostly pure bred racers already. Not race cars made from street cars. If i remember correctly, most, if not all of the cunning stunts vehicles came with racing livery options, further backing my point that they are already racecars. If I was the owner of a custom car shop, that transforms cars into race cars/works of art/low riders, I'm not sure I would know what to do with a racecar to improve it. Add some modds and increase the weight of a purpose built race car? Doesn't make sence.

I believe he meant that they should have released the cunning stunts cars in their stock/street legal variants, then Benny would convert them into the race cars we have today.

Shadowfennekin

Benny should have just been lower class car/bike exclusive really.

Who in their right mind wants to buy a 1-2 million dollar car, then pay even MORE just to upgrade it? It's stupid. If they wanted to make Benny's relevant again, then look at all those old super cars that nobody uses anymore or the lowriders they didn't touch. Or make a Dominator Custom.

• Like 2

Well, he makes your ItaliGTB look faster while it is in fact quite a bit slower than the regular version. Also, he promised us (via Newswire) that the Sultan RS and the Banshee 900R could compete with the top supercars after he was done with them, and that was bullsh*t, too. But maybe he is just incompetent. ;)

I think when he said compete, he meant they can be used in the same races.

Well, he makes your ItaliGTB look faster while it is in fact quite a bit slower than the regular version. Also, he promised us (via Newswire) that the Sultan RS and the Banshee 900R could compete with the top supercars after he was done with them, and that was bullsh*t, too. But maybe he is just incompetent. ;)

I think when he said compete, he meant they can be used in the same races.Exactly. "Could compete" doesn't mean "would be on par with". Though I have seem some Sultans perform decently in Stunt Races, it just let them race with T20s, Osirises, FMJs, and even Bullets and Cheetahs. Before the Bennyification they couldn't race with Supers any more than boats or planes or bicycles could (outside of Impromptu Races, of course)

Rockstar just gave good money making method Import/Export and people still complaining.

LOL???

Ya you gotta drop over 4 mill before even making money.. In a FORCED PUBLIC game... Where you can be sh*t on by other players who in turn prevent you from making money.

YAY US! Stop complaining.. Ya should be grateful.

Infact we should be grateful for cash cards. How unseflish is R* too allow us to simply BUY GTA money.. Its like baby jesus all over again.

Rockstar just gave good money making method Import/Export and people still complaining.

Apple...Orange

LOL???

Ya you gotta drop over 4 mill before even making money.. In a FORCED PUBLIC game... Where you can be sh*t on by other players who in turn prevent you from making money.

YAY US! Stop complaining.. Ya should be grateful.

Infact we should be grateful for cash cards. How unseflish is R* too allow us to simply BUY GTA money.. Its like baby jesus all over again.

Remember when we could simply buy livery to make a car look like a race car?

Now rockstar knows you all will gladly pay another couple hundred thousand just for that

And the fact these costs don't even improve overall performance and stats is the main problem

$4 million to start doing Import/Export?

$2.5 million if you weren't a CEO before and $1.5 million if you already had an office. You could spend more if you want (or less than that this week with discounted offices) but you don't have to.

aaronBLUEeyes

OP, English Failure: "Are you for being able to mod these cars"

Edited by aaronBLUEeyes

Not a scam so much as a money sink. They really need to add some jdm stuff though. The skyline is cool and all, but it doesn't sideways as well as I'd like. The banshee is kinda nice but it's not jdm. So ya, let us add some crazy stuff to the futo.

It was patched and they could if you were a competent driver

Nice joke mate, 10/10.

Justified?

Benny's origin was lowriders; the starling example of a looks-over-performance vehicles. At what point did Benny's ever make a car perform better (that wasn't the result of a glitch)? It made them "different" such a turning a 4-door into a 2-door and messing up the classes, but Benny's is nothing more than a dress & makeup store for cars. Not like Target or Walmart, more like the boutique shops inside luxury resorts: far more expensive than they should be, but are exclusive.Sabre turbo custom ruined its class...a really fun balanced class before that thing came out.

...And it was fixed with the dominator rc. The thing handles way better, it's way more stable, and it's free for returning players. Even if you're not a returning player, it's not really expensive. 315k for a top tier muscle car is a good price, compared to the sabre.

Where exactly is it stated that benny's upgrades are faster? The only time something like this was said, is when the sultan rs and the 900r came out. Apart from a few exceptions, the cars either have the same performance, a tiny performance increase, or a big performance increase. It doesn't matter if you upgrade your nero, its custom version is about as fast, but other cars gain a lot of performance (slamvan and sabre come to mind). Also, the itali and specter custom may be slower on some circuits, but on others with a lot of high speed corners, they're not too bad. Considering most people here watch broughy's testing, he's even mentioned that.

Shake my head at people who call anything in this game a ripoff. Nothing in this game is a ripoff. Sure, some items are on the expensive side, but nobody is forcing you to buy them. Not a single benny's upgrade is required for racing either. Buy what you want, don't buy what you don't want. It's that easy.

Lol at people complaining about the "upgrade cost". You cannot be that thick.

There is no upgrade cost. They just broke the car payments into two. You pay 1.2 mil, then pay another 500k to own the car you want. It is a 1.7 mil dollar car.

They could just make it cost 1.7 mil initally and skip the whole Benny's thing and just give us the "custom" version from the get go for LSC. The reason they don't do so is so they can add a cheaper version for players to initially purchase (with the great white, best selling shark card which just so happens to be around the base price of a lot of these cars) so that the peasants can have the car as well.

And I agree that performance should be increased a substantial amount when converting. I don't care what kind of shop Benny's is "supposed" to be. They add racing mods to the entire car except the drivetrain? Nah get outta here. They don't need to be the best, only better than they started out, and certainly not worse.

• Like 3

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

It was patched and they could if you were a competent driver
Nice joke mate, 10/10.

Justified?

Benny's origin was lowriders; the starling example of a looks-over-performance vehicles. At what point did Benny's ever make a car perform better (that wasn't the result of a glitch)? It made them "different" such a turning a 4-door into a 2-door and messing up the classes, but Benny's is nothing more than a dress & makeup store for cars. Not like Target or Walmart, more like the boutique shops inside luxury resorts: far more expensive than they should be, but are exclusive.Sabre turbo custom ruined its class...a really fun balanced class before that thing came out....And it was fixed with the dominator rc. The thing handles way better, it's way more stable, and it's free for returning players. Even if you're not a returning player, it's not really expensive. 315k for a top tier muscle car is a good price, compared to the sabre.

Where exactly is it stated that benny's upgrades are faster? The only time something like this was said, is when the sultan rs and the 900r came out. Apart from a few exceptions, the cars either have the same performance, a tiny performance increase, or a big performance increase. It doesn't matter if you upgrade your nero, its custom version is about as fast, but other cars gain a lot of performance (slamvan and sabre come to mind). Also, the itali and specter custom may be slower on some circuits, but on others with a lot of high speed corners, they're not too bad. Considering most people here watch broughy's testing, he's even mentioned that.

Shake my head at people who call anything in this game a ripoff. Nothing in this game is a ripoff. Sure, some items are on the expensive side, but nobody is forcing you to buy them. Not a single benny's upgrade is required for racing either. Buy what you want, don't buy what you don't want. It's that easy.

The dominator racecar is fun and on par with the custom yes....but before this f*ckup we had a slew of vehicles that were competitive in that class....and cheap.

Do i like it that we now have multiple competitors again in the muscle car class ? Yes...but i do not call this a fix...in fact i would say this is milking things out at its finest.

Do i like the dominator racecar more then any other muscle car considering the driving style ? Sure, but it would not have hurt to reclass it and put it in the sport class or something if it was not for the fact that they already broke the muscle car class.

edit: it is true that is the only example of an overpowered class breaker coming from benny's though, but yea, to be correct, benny's did bring us an overpowered piece of sh*t once....i do not complain about any other vehicle from that place though....since like stated, none of those are really useful for anything regarding racing on freeroam except for fun.

But beyond that, yes, anything from that place is overpriced and i still wonder why it was necesary for that place to even exist....it could all have been implemented in the regular LSC anyhow.

more edit: that dominator stable ? not sure if serious :p

Besides that, it is still pricy compared to the muscle cars that came before that except one so....

Really, i liked what they did with the super class during ill gotten gains...the new supers were slightly better, but they didnt break the class....anyone who bought those for the performance difference alone is an idiot....but everytime cockstar is again breaking a class with a new vehicle, i really really do not like that since GTAO is then coming really close to being a pay for play game.

Edited by Darth Absentis

Benny's is good for two things IMO. Shining up the voodoo and making a good Comet... a different Comet. Thats it. Again, IMO.