2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Benny's: a scam?

JoeBoneless

A lot of people like the Bennified Sultan and the price was justified by the final results

Justified?

Where in the world do people pay nearly 2 mill for a suped up tuner?

Base cost to upgrade car should have been $50 000. $500 000 is a f*ckin joke. And R* is the one laughing..

Infact i can picture the R* execs sitting there saying.. "Just tack another ZERO on it, Papa needs a new REAL LIFE SUPER CAR"

Edited by .Vooodu.

I think what's annoying the OP, and perhaps others, is that the Benny's upgrade cost doesn't improve car performance.

All that money spent on liveries, spoilers, exhausts, strut bars, filters, etc, for no benefit in performance.

Benny's is all about looks, so many of us feel disappointed at spending so much money on nothing more than aesthetics.

I don't think Rockstar have got this quite right. A 500-700k upgrade cost should give a significant performance boost.

• Like 3

I suppose you could consider Benny's a ripoff if you believe price should always translate to a proportional level of competitiveness in races and it was sh*tty of R* to imply that was the case when the Sultan RS and Banshee900 came out, but by now it should be clear to all that he essentially runs a high end automotive beauty salon.

Personally, I can't forgive the guy for neglecting to offer the Lowrider treatment to my beloved topless Manana. When/if he does, he'll have a new customer :p

• Like 1

I think what's annoying the OP, and perhaps others, is that the Benny's upgrade cost doesn't improve car performance.

All that money spent on liveries, spoilers, exhausts, strut bars, filters, etc, for no benefit in performance.

Benny's is all about looks, so many of us feel disappointed at spending so much money on nothing more than aesthetics.

I don't think Rockstar have got this quite right. A 500-700k upgrade cost should give a significant performance boost.

And that would start the Pay-to-win arguments.

How is anything a scam or a rip off in GTA O? You don't have to pay real money to buy things, the updates are not paid DLC's, just instead of wasting time here writing, go make ingame cash by the many means the game offers.

Sure some things are expensive, but nothing you couldn't earn in a week or so if you dedicate the time.

As expensive as a lot of the stuff is, you just about have to pay real money to buy shark cards. It takes a good while longer to make any money in this game. I will admit, it's cool that the DLC's are "free", but you know as well as I do they're doing everything they can to get us to buy shark cards. Heck, even the shark cards over-priced. lol

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015

Rockstar giving players more options is clearly an evil scam

99a.gif

Man, you fanboys won't shut the f*ck up whenever someone talks about the high prices, you get your panties in a twist and make extreme assumptions of those whom you felt oppressed by.

Grow a spine, will ya?

And I wish you wouldn't talk to people like that!

I can't even figure out who you're referring to, besides the community in general.

Do you realise that it's optional? You don't have to Mod cars in there. I prefer the stock look on a lot of vehicles.

0rTqlCW.png

i5 10400F • MSI Z490-A PRO • XPG 16GB DDR4 3000MHz •

MSI RX 570 4GB • NZXT H510 • Cooler Master MWE 650 V2

Do you realise that it's optional?

It's been said multiple times -_-

How is it optional..? I never saw a 'skip the bullsh*t benny entrance fee' option...

Edited by .Vooodu.

And that would start the Pay-to-win arguments.

Sure, I see where you're coming from on that. But hasn't there always been a pay-to-win model in place? You pay the 'basic' price for a car and then go to the modshop and buy the three engine tunes (including turbo), which costs about 120k for sports cars+. If you don't buy those upgrades you've got an immediate performance disadvantage, plus the need for spoilers (downforce), etc...

So why pay 500k+ at Benny's for no performance upgrade? What's the point in that? I personally refer to it as the cha-ching moment, as the cash till registers.

Rockstar's policy:

If you want to see all the funky stuff we've designed for the latest cars, you're gonna have to pay us an additional fee on top of the basic one you've already paid.

And yet still not understood.

SMH

• Like 2

And yet still not understood.

SMH

Unfortunately, yes.

How is it optional..? I never saw a 'skip the bullsh*t benny entrance fee' option...

Simple. You don't have to buy the upgrade if you don't want to. Ain't rocket science.

• Like 3

A lot of people like the Bennified Sultan and the price was justified by the final results

Justified?

Base cost to upgrade car should have been $50 000. $500 000 is a f*ckin joke. And R* is the one laughing..

Infact i can picture the R* execs sitting there saying.. "Just tack another ZERO on it, Papa needs a new REAL LIFE SUPER CAR"

Judging by how many players got one... OR MORE when it came out, it was justified to a lot of them. It just isn't to you.

$2M for a suped (actually in the Super class) Tuner? How about in the same world where a crushes fender and the entire side scraped up and the repairs cost $348. It's not real life where a minor ding is $575 in parts in labor.

Just convince everyone not to buy Benny's vehicles and maybe Rockstar will consider they've priced themselves too high and make things more reasonable for future cars. Otherwise, just keep folding your arms and stomping your foot and throwing a hissy fit. Nothing purchased at Benny's is NEEDED for anything in the game, it just supplies WANTS.

You don't have to buy any Upgrades. Just exit the place. Simple as that.
  • Like 2

0rTqlCW.png

Justified?

Judging by how many players got one... OR MORE when it came out, it was justified to a lot of them. It just isn't to you.

$2M for a suped (actually in the Super class) Tuner? How about in the same world where a crushes fender and the entire side scraped up and the repairs cost $348. It's not real life where a minor ding is $575 in parts in labor.

Just convince everyone not to buy Benny's vehicles and maybe Rockstar will consider they've priced themselves too high and make things more reasonable for future cars. Otherwise, just keep folding your arms and stomping your foot and throwing a hissy fit. Nothing purchased at Benny's is NEEDED for anything in the game, it just supplies WANTS.

....Im not talking about the upgrades..

Im talking about the price you need to pay before you buy upgrades..

Paying $500 000+ just to be able to buy upgrades is a f*ckin joke.. And R* is milking it for all its worth.. among other things tho.

• Like 1

Justified?

You're not quite explaining it right.

The concept of a Benny's upgrade is having a better performance car at the end of it. This does not happen. In fact, the car often under-performs in terms of top speed or lap times after the Benny's process. That's not quite right.

You're paying all that money just for looks, just so everyone knows.

Simple. You don't have to buy the upgrade if you don't want to. Ain't rocket science.

... Well everyone wants too.. I mean, who sits there and says.. I don't want to buy upgrades?

Upgrades are not the problem tho... Paying $500 000 k to be able to by upgrades is.

Everyone who says "You don't have too"... Is pretty much missing the point. Which is exactly why R* plays their game of BAIT and GOUGE.

They know you want it.. They tack an extra upfront fee on it before even getting into the actual stuff you want to buy.

Edited by .Vooodu.

Super Gran Turismo

Well, he makes your ItaliGTB look faster while it is in fact quite a bit slower than the regular version. Also, he promised us (via Newswire) that the Sultan RS and the Banshee 900R could compete with the top supercars after he was done with them, and that was bullsh*t, too. But maybe he is just incompetent. ;)

They can compete if catchup and slipstream are on.

....Im not talking about the upgrades..

Im talking about the price you need to pay before you buy upgrades..

Paying $500 000+ just to be able to buy upgrades is a f*ckin joke.. And R* is milking it for all its worth.. among other things tho.

TBH, it wasn't always a joke. Old vehicles used to be worth upgrading. After the Import/Export Update, they started losing the value. The limit on selling cars got removed. And then, there were dupe cars. But, I agree about the price. Paying $500,000 is way too much. It has been there since the start, only to be able to spend money on something. Also, considering that I've been awarded $250,000 twice, I don't really mind the paying the amount for an extra permanent ability.

0rTqlCW.png

So... People shouldn't buy overpriced new content at all and should stick with old content?

What, they weren't supposed to download the update either?

People can spend their money how they like. However, I choose not to let Benny milk me on something that is in no need of a half million dollar, or more, make-up kit.

When R* wants to use Benny's to actually transform cars (Elegy, Comet, Sultan, 900R) then they are getting it right and I will hemorrhage my GTA$ like a stuck pig.

I'm not an outraged customer at all. I simply am not liking the trend I'm seeing.

Benny's should be a lowrider shop. Now he suddenly can do supercars? In San Andreas there was a whole different shop for that. Anyway back to my point. I know I don't have to use his shop, I'm just hoping that all future dlc cars arent all benny cars

who ever said that bennys is a "lowrider" shop. Pretty sure it's actually a "customs" shop. It's not a scam at all. Just too expensive for some people. Which to be honest, is great for richer people. If everybody could afford everything, then there would be no point.

Benny makes no promises. You're a big boy!

Joke aside it's optional and actually some cars perform better or similar when customized in los santos than benny (like the nero.)

This is Rockstar logic:

> 1M for a car: fine, I don't have a problem with that

> 200k for modshop upgrades: fine, because they improve performance

1.2M for a top performance car

> 500k for the Benny's moment: OK... nice animation, this is going to be good...

> 500k for Benny's enhancements: OK... the car looks AMAZING, can't wait to test it round the track!

2.2M for a car that looks great but performs slightly worse than the 1.2M one.

That's Rockstar logic for you.

• Like 3

Research the upgrade(s) before you apply them...it isn't exactly rocket science.

Use your own logic. Don't spend your fake ( or real ) money on things that you don't like

Heres an idea..

What i'd like to see from Benny's would be an option to kit out your car, chop & change with as many ludicrously priced upgrades as you like, but your not charged until you 'accept all upgrades' & drive out the door. It seems a bit unfair that right now you pay for the initial upgrade (anything up to 900k) without being able to preview what it does.

I know you can google it, but its not the same as rotating the camera & being able to zoom in & out.

• Like 2

Off topic posts removed.

Keep discussion about member's identities in PM please.

Thanks