2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Benny's: a scam?

JoeBoneless

At first Benny's was nice. He made some ugly cars look significantly better.

But now, it's seeming like Rockstar has simply found a way for us to waste even more money on cars

Are you for being able to mod these cars and just paying half a million or more for the privilege to do so? Or is Benny's a ripoff and Rockstar is just ripping us off?

Sound off!

It gives more options, you don't have to upgrade any of the cars Benny offers, so no, not a scam or rip off.

I dont think its a rip off per se, but I see where your coming from. It seems to me that lately they are just adding cars to Benny's for the sake of it. If the trend for race custom variants of supercars is gonna continue, why not make that the theme of a small update & add a new tuner garage specifically for race setups?

• Like 4

Not a scam because it is an option. It's not mandatory.

100% this.

• Like 7

i suppose R* could've just sold a more expensive "custom version" via an in-game wesite, then you could take it to LSC like any other car.

it's not a rip off. it's just expensive.

Well, he makes your ItaliGTB look faster while it is in fact quite a bit slower than the regular version. Also, he promised us (via Newswire) that the Sultan RS and the Banshee 900R could compete with the top supercars after he was done with them, and that was bullsh*t, too. But maybe he is just incompetent. ;)

Well, he makes your ItaliGTB look faster while it is in fact quite a bit slower than the regular version. Also, he promised us (via Newswire) that the Sultan RS and the Banshee 900R could compete with the top supercars after he was done with them, and that was bullsh*t, too. But maybe he is just incompetent. ;)

It was patched and they could if you were a competent driver

How is anything a scam or a rip off in GTA O? You don't have to pay real money to buy things, the updates are not paid DLC's, just instead of wasting time here writing, go make ingame cash by the many means the game offers.

Sure some things are expensive, but nothing you couldn't earn in a week or so if you dedicate the time.

• Like 3

Not a scam. A moneysink yes, but not a scam. And overall, a worthwhile moneysink.

Edited by Tomdon
  • Like 5

How is anything a scam or a rip off in GTA O? You don't have to pay real money to buy things, the updates are not paid DLC's, just instead of wasting time here writing, go make ingame cash by the many means the game offers.

Sure some things are expensive, but nothing you couldn't earn in a week or so if you dedicate the time.

This. Gotta love all the 'outraged customers' here.

I'm not an outraged customer at all. I simply am not liking the trend I'm seeing.

Benny's should be a lowrider shop. Now he suddenly can do supercars? In San Andreas there was a whole different shop for that. Anyway back to my point. I know I don't have to use his shop, I'm just hoping that all future dlc cars arent all benny cars

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Benny's has been an overpriced and pretty useless feature since the start.

Rockstar could always have just made new versions of current vehicles....though then again people would probably moan they made new versions of already existing cars....even though the same is happening at benny's, except your car is "transformed" so to speak.

Really, if they wanted it they could have just kept it with LSC.

Also currently i do not care, the new cars are not overpowered and god....you do not even need to upgrade vehicles for the best performance.

I was way more pissed when they brought out the sabre turbo custom and destroyed the muscle car class....and at least now the high end pricing makes more sense since super cars are high end.

I would say that i in fact like the current trend....and god....this last update did not break any classes unlike all the last ones did, so i must say i do not complain about this one.

The Banshee was "patched" with the infinite curb boost glitch and was then able to compete on long, straight tracks due to its top-speed, but only there. There was no patch whatsoever for the Sultan RS. Being a competent driver has nothing to do with it since both cars objectively are hot garbage on any racing track that deserves that name. If you manage to beat a Zentorno or a T20, as the newswire promised you could, the other driver is either heavily intoxicated or simply bad at driving.

• Like 5

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Bennys raped my Elergy

It ain't rape if you gave your consent.

I'm not an outraged customer at all. I simply am not liking the trend I'm seeing.

Benny's should be a lowrider shop. Now he suddenly can do supercars? In San Andreas there was a whole different shop for that. Anyway back to my point. I know I don't have to use his shop, I'm just hoping that all future dlc cars arent all benny cars

Its cool I wasnt referring to you in particular.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

They "patched" the kerb boost thing with the banshee after a long long time, which still does not make the car competitive in it's class and nothing has changed about the sultan.

Sure they look nice and i really enjoy how people bought it thinking it would be competitive just because rockstar hinted at it and technically they were right when they said it can compete with the top supers, but the odds are not in your favor if you try it out.

And that has nothing to do with being a good driver or not....if you can take 8 decent corners in a car without crashing the banshee will not break any personal laptime records unless you consider drag racing.

Edited by Darth Absentis

But now, it's seeming like Rockstar has simply found a way for us to waste even more money on cars

Are you for being able to mod these cars and just paying half a million or more for the privilege to do so?

Its a complete gouge.... And they know it.. So do the players..

-

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

That was kinda a predictable path to be honest, it seems pretty clear to me he was at least gonna be tuning sport cars....and assuming benny's was a succes....

I haven't been to Benny's in a while. Not that interested. But it isn't a scam, but I do find the trend you mention annoying. The Nero was pretty cool though. There's an upside.

To me, Benny's is one of the best adds in GTA Online. Owning cars that I can customize and make look unique is a lot of fun. Don't like the low riders though, I find them pretty silly; I much prefer the racecars. I WISH the Cunning Stunts cars had Benny's variants. Missed opportunity.

• Like 3

They're completely overpriced of course (i.e. a rip off to most).

But how much you feel ripped off depends on how much it bothers you (which doesn't tend to be a lot if you've got glitched cash). Plus the majority of them don't interest me, which helps.

• Like 4

I know this isn't your original point for the thread but Benny shouldn't stick to just lowriders. For one, SA's lowrider shop was a simple garage in the hood while Benny has a really nice place. Second, it doesn't say he should only do lowriders. It's called Benny's Original Motor Work and while the summary for his shop says he specializes in lowriders that doesn't mean he should stick to it.

From the wiki:

"Located conveniently in Strawberry, just south of the Olympic Freeway, Benny's is a full service garage specializing in Lowrider culture and customization."

Rockstar Newswire Description.

Trust me, you're not the only one not digging the way he's used in GTA (you're a long time late to complain, to be honest) but there's two things in play here:

1 - We can't do a damn thing. We moaned about him, how expensive this game is and how he's a money sinkhole. Best way to use Benny is to play it smart if you're a poor player and save up for stuff you really want.

2 - It could be worst. Benny could call you up and tell you about new cars...even months after they came out. Benny, as of now, is easily ignorable. Let's enjoy that fact.

Edited by livejoker
  • Like 8

I didn't even know he claimed the banshee or sultan could be 'competitive' the ONLY time he made anything actually fast was when the slamvan was glitched out and for whatever reason was the fastest thing in the game for a week

For 900,000 especially on the elegy the LEAST it could do is fly!

• Like 1

Benny's offers another tier of customization options.

For some players, some final products are worth the price and others are not.

The Sultan had a ton of options before Benny's and a super-ton more options after. A lot of people like the Bennified Sultan and the price was justified by the final results. I bought a Nero and went the Benny's route with it and I was fine with the price. I'd like the new bike, but the Benny's prices make it too expensive for the result, so I chose not to buy it (can't be "ripped off" if I don't buy it).

Edited by ash-274
  • Like 2

Are you for being able to mod these cars and just paying half a million or more for the privilege to do so? Or is Benny's a ripoff and Rockstar is just ripping us off?

Sound off!

Little bit late there...while Benny's is a choice (like others above have said), it's still way over-priced.

It's not a scam because you don't have to buy the upgrades. In the cases where the custom variant does give you an advantage over the standard variant it's neglectable anyway.

Edited by Matrelith