1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

*IDEA* GTA Online: Cartels

ivarblaauw

G5DurvS.png

GTA Online: Cartels

The cities are owned by CEO’s and the countryside by MC’s. Now there is a new leader in town: The Cartel. Players can now set up their own Cartel, combining both the Organizations and Motorcycle Clubs into one criminal venture. The player will now be able to become the President of the Cartel and can now assign multiple roles into this dangerous organization.

Grand Theft Auto Online: Cartels focusses on working together with your friends and other players to a common goal: Profit. This update also brings new ways of danger due to all new rival MC’s, Gangs, Organizations and even Cartels.

For the first time in Grand Theft Auto Online, players can now buy legal businesses in order to get a slight pay out over time. Random Encounters are also increased, making for an interesting game, even when playing solo.

Roles

The Cartel works as an "Overhead" Organization of both ventures, making it easier for the owner to regulate both ventures. The MC's and CEO Organizations will still be in the game for players who haven't started a Cartel or don't own both.

Some roles have been changed due to how the Cartels work. Below you can read the changes. - President: The President is the player who owns both the Organization as the MC. (S)he has all combined functions a current CEO or MC President has right now. (S)he can now call in aid in the form of Patch member NPC’s, Mercenary NPC’s and a Hit Squad.

- CEO. A new role for a member of the organization. The CEO of the Cartel will be able to steal and sell crates and luxury cars using the warehouses/garages of the President. Only the President can BUY crates. The CEO can also assign CEO Work and challenges to the members of the Cartel. Will wear a patch with: Secretary if wearing a biker jacket/cut. Can call in Mercenaries.

- Vice President. The Vice President of the Motorcycle Club will get a lot more functions. The Vice President will be able to steal and sell supplies using the businesses of the President. Only the President can BUY supplies. The Vice President can also assign missions and challenges to the members of the Cartel. Can call in Hit Squad or Patch member NPC’s.

- Patch Member. Patch Member is a new rank within the MC. Can wear emblem on their back.

- Road Captain changes: There can be 2 road captains. The Road Captain will be in charge of one of the two extra club houses, (s)he can call in aid in the form of Patch member NPC’s. Can also call in a weapon van to quickly buy new weapons/attachments and/or ammunition.

- Prospect changes: Cannot wear emblem on their back.

jXMjkwR.png

Free Roam changes

A new way of playing free roam missions & Pay out:
Up to 12 members can now join an Cartel and up to three different free roam missions can be done at the same time. At the start of a mission players have to be assigned to the mission. The President, CEO and Vice President can all start and play free roam missions at the same time. All members will gain pay out from the missions, making the Cartel a well-oiled organization and money making machine. However the more members, the higher the difficulty of the missions. As always high risks harvest high rewards!

Due to the current low amount of pay out for selling product, cargo and vehicles for members and associates, the pay outs for them will increase by 300%. ​When 1 player is helping the president the pay out will be 100%, 2 players helping the president the pay out will be 75% per player and with 3 or more helping hands, the pay out will be 50%.
This is not the case for VIP WORK, VIP CHALLENGES, CLUB WORK, CLUB CHALLENGES; 300% pay out for members and associates is ONLY for selling product, cargo and vehicles!

Now there can be 36 players in a session, which means up to three filled Cartels can rival each other.

Missions and work can now be done in Invite Only sessions, just watch out for rival NPC Cartels, organizations and/or MC’s! There will be NO bonus in pay out for having other players in the session. (Pay outs for selling supplies/cargo/vehicles are decreased by 20% in non public sessions).

Random encounters:
Random encounters are also making the return to the Grand Theft Auto series. Rival NPC Cartels, Organizations and Motorcycle Clubs will now roam the streets, making the world much more dangerous and profitable. Armored Trucks are driving around as well, but patrolling police can always be closer than you think!

VAphvg9.png

Business ventures
Restaurants, bars and clubs are now open 24/7 in Los Santos. Eat your burger like a real American or dance like the 80’s have never left, high on Cocaine of course! You are part of the 1% elite and filthy rich! But why stop there? As a President of the Cartel, a CEO and/or MC President you can now buy business ventures throughout the world. Buy your own Restaurant, Bar or (strip)Club and gain a low but steady stream of income, as long as the problems are taken care of…

You can buy your new business ventures at the Morning After Pawns website, where new businesses have just arrived on the market. ​Go into online and to celebrate the new update, throw a party at one of your newly purchased business ventures, apartments, office, club or yacht.

0zdAWDy.png

Of course the business ventures don't have to stop here. You can actually buy a Scrapyard to launder you money, using trashcans, garbage trucks and tow trucks to deal all around San Andreas.
By buying drugstores, antique stores or other shops, you can acquire legal forefronts for your illegal business plans, but again you have to fix some of the problems from time to time. By buying certain shops, your cartel members can now get certain items from owned locations.
​Special items (only appearance), can now be bought from these locations. The Cartel style(s) can be purchased for a discount. Items can include: arm/leg armor, shoulder pads, riot gear, bags, holsters, scabbards, etc.)

Charters
The President of the Cartel can now buy Charters for his Cartel, creating more locations from where the Cartel can do its missions. More locations increase the weekly utility charges. A President can now buy up to 3 MC locations from where out missions can be done. The President can still only have one Office.

Outside of the Clubhouses, Patch member NPC’s will drive and chill around. And inside you can play minigames against NPC’s. If other MC’s have the same building, the NPC’s will simply not spawn outside.

MG53yTr.png

​List of new functions
New functions in this update:
- Cartels, combining the CEO Organizations and MC’s into one business venture.
- Up to 12 members in an Cartel, making it a dangerous group in the world.
- Up to three different free roam missions can be played at the same time in a Cartel, profiting all members!
- Random Encounters with NPC’s, including police, rival cartels, organizations and MC’s.
- Restaurants, Bars and Clubs are now open, creating dozens of new activities and possibilities.
- Owning your own Restaurant, Bar or Club and solving their problems.
​- Purchasing new appearance items (like riot gear, bags, holsters etc.) from respective owned locations.
- Missions and work can now be done in Invite Only sessions, just watch out for rival NPC Cartels, organizations and/or MC’s! There will be NO bonus in pay out for having other players in the session. (Pay outs for selling supplies/cargo/vehicles are decreased by 20%).
- Pay out increase of cuts for selling cargo/vehicles/product for members by 300%. Members can now expect payouts of around $20.000
- New roles within the Cartel: CEO, VP and Patch Member.
- Changes role of Prospect and Road Captain.
- Can wear rank on any of the Biker cuts/Jackets. (CEO rank will be called Secretary if wearing biker clothing)
- A mansion can be purchased by the Cartel President. This mansion will figure as a key place from where the President can control all of his/her ventures. An offshore location (yacht) can also be purchased to act like a key place for the ventures.

Why this update?
The focus for this update is to work together instead of just being a part in someone else organization. Grand Theft Auto Online has always been about making money and working together to a common goal. Now this is easier to be done, as players now have to work together to gain more money.

ZsPVuek.png

What difference and changes does this update have for Associates and Members? A possible gain of 300% in pay outs, simply for participating in the Cartel, as now up to 3 missions can be done at the same time! Also the members can use all the functions of both the Organization and MC, making it a more diverse gameplay experience, while adding more fun to it as well.

What for changes does this update have for the “boss”? An easier way to control his/her businesses, paving the way for a better way to make money, instead of switching between CEO/MC all the time. From a new app on the phone, the boss can now also order supplies if needed or assign supply runs.

​By having all criminal ventures beneath one banner, the players can really start creating their "own style" criminal organization. Want to make up your Cartel from all types of criminals, or just focus on one? It is all possible.

​This is just an idea and something I will send to Rockstar in a couple of days. Any feedback on this idea? It builds upon the current functions of the game, adding more options and fun for all players alike.

Some people dislike the fact being merged together. This could be changed by simply having two organizations under one banner. The President of the Cartel can assign everyone's role. 4 roles can be assigned to the CEO Organization (CEO, Associate 1, 2 and 3) and 7 to the MC.
​The Associates would have the same roles as patch members from the MC, can call in most biker features (call bike, change bike, ride in formation) but cannot participate in the biker missions. The Bikers can call in most CEO features, like CEO vehicles etc. They can't participate in the missions unless being changed to Associate by the president.
​All still share in the profit though and cannot hit each other as they are friendlies. The President can rule all businesses from an app in his/her phone or any computer in a clubhouse/office. (S)he can also change the roles of the members by the interaction menu.

*This is an idea created by and for Grand Theft Auto Online players and GTAForums Members. Over 25 people have discussed this topic both in private as public fora, conversations and PM's along the internet. The idea, possibly changed with feedback from this thread, will be send to Rockstargames in a couple of days.

**People saying this belongs in the Wishlist thread: It does NOT belong in the Wishlist thread, as this is more than just a wish. It is an idea created by multiple players of GTA Online and members of GTAForums in order to make the game better, smoother and fairer, with the intention to send this to Rockstargames as soon as possible. By putting it in the Wishlist thread, this idea would simply be buried.

Since there are some misunderstatements about how cartels work, here in short:

The Cartel works as an "Overhead" Organization of both existing ventures, making it easier for the owner to regulate both ventures. The MC's and CEO Organizations will still be in the game for players who haven't started a Cartel or don't own both.
A cartel is an agreement between competing firms (legal or illegal) to control prices or exclude entry of a new competitor in a market.

​Future new criminal ventures can also be part of the cartel, as long as the player owns all of the ventures.

Edited by ivarblaauw

I dont see the relation between Cartels and MC working, its confused... doesn't work for me, but maybe thats just me. I would remove all reference to combining CEO and MC and just concentrate on it as a new idea entirely? Its either an update to the MC /Biker update or its a new idea for CEO style Cartel extension?

Some nice ideas within the OP however. overall the ability to recruit more people for a session Organisation with the game modes to go with it, Ability to share cash from work however we see fit.

Edited by _PANiC_

I dont see the relation between Cartels and MC working... doesn't work for me, but thats just me. I would remove all reference to combining CEO and MC and just concentrate on it as a new idea entirely?

Some nice ideas within the OP however. overall the ability to recruit more people for a session Organisation is what people really want, with the game modes to go with it.

Thank you :) It is not only my idea though.

We started this idea that MC's and CEO's would be combined, so the player who owns both doesn't have to drop out of CEO to do MC missions and vice versa. It is one of the most heard complaints we have read on the forums, Social Media and heard on GTA Online. This update would make it possible to create an "overhead" organization, from which the player can easily regulate both ventures. If you would only play as CEO and/or MC this however remains entirely possible! These aren't removed from the game in any way.

KornbreadMaf1a

I'm confused as to how the combination of an CEO and MC forms a cartel also why would you have patched members of a cartel?

Cartels would be an interesting addition to the game but not in the way you are proposing. I wouldn't even really call this an idea because it's just a mash up of two aspects of the game already.

I'm confused as to how the combination of an CEO and MC forms a cartel also why would you have patched members of a cartel?

Cartels would be an interesting addition to the game but not in the way you are proposing. I wouldn't even really call this an idea because it's just a mash up of two aspects of the game already.

The Cartel works as an "Overhead" Organization of both ventures, making it easier for the owner to regulate both ventures. The MC's and CEO Organizations will still be in the game for players who haven't started a Cartel or don't own both.

​Cartel is just a name I gave it. It can also be called: Overhead Organizations or something like that. This update is meant to create an "Overhead Organization" from where the player who owns both an MC and CEO Organization can easily regulate both ventures. It is one of the most heard complaints we have read on the forums, Social Media and heard on GTA Online.

If it means bringing back the Cartel Cruiser from GTA III and LCS, f*ck yes!

Yes please! :)

If it means bringing back the Cartel Cruiser from GTA III and LCS, f*ck yes!

Buying legit properties for a small revenue stream gets my vote. As does PvE and nightclubs :)

This idea is awesome. I love it

Thank you all! :) It is an idea made by GTA fans FOR GTA Fans. To make a better and more fun game!

I'm loving this idea. Well thought out.

Would personally like to see some requirements to become the cartel president though. I'm hardly ever joining a randomer in his ventures now because 90% of the time they're just wasting half your time. Maybe having made a minimum of 10M in biker businesses, 10M in crates and 10M in car sales could be what it takes to unlock the ability to become cartel president. This way you know the guy you're going to work for has at least some knowledge on how everything works.

I dont see the relation between Cartels and MC working... doesn't work for me, but thats just me. I would remove all reference to combining CEO and MC and just concentrate on it as a new idea entirely?

Some nice ideas within the OP however. overall the ability to recruit more people for a session Organisation is what people really want, with the game modes to go with it.

Thank you :) It is not only my idea though.

We started this idea that MC's and CEO's would be combined, so the player who owns both doesn't have to drop out of CEO to do MC missions and vice versa. It is one of the most heard complaints we have read on the forums, Social Media and heard on GTA Online. This update would make it possible to create an "overhead" organization, from which the player can easily regulate both ventures. If you would only play as CEO and/or MC this however remains entirely possible! These aren't removed from the game in any way.

I get what your saying, but the MC hierarchy is very different from Cartels and MC is such a part og GTA that i deserves its own separate attention. In an ideal world, MCswould be given an update to increase member numbers and new interactions, gamemodes and alliance options along with option to own more than one clubhouse.

And the CEO could be updated to offer CEO styles, for example Mafia, Cartel, Street Gang, Military, Bratva etc, each with its own exclusive Territory, hierarchy structure and naming, businesses options and style options, only available to that STYLE of CEO organisation. Allow people the option to change CEO style at a cost, just in case they dont like it once they have tried it. For example, a CEO standard can only own bussiness in the Central City, a CEO/Mafia the city outskirts, CEO/Street Gang only South LS, CEO Cartels lower Blaine or east Blaine etc etc.

Unfortunately, most people ideas likes yours are too good for R* , who would rather waste time on Adversary modes, Rocket cars and glow up suits!.

Edited by _PANiC_

I'm loving this idea. Well thought out.

Would personally like to see some requirements to become the cartel president though. I'm hardly ever joining a randomer in his ventures now because 90% of the time they're just wasting half your time. Maybe having made a minimum of 10M in biker businesses, 10M in crates and 10M in car sales could be what it takes to unlock the ability to become cartel president. This way you know the guy you're going to work for has at least some knowledge on how everything works.

That could be a possibility, however smaller cartels also exists, so the numbers should be lower (in my personal opinion). Although a player already has to have both an MC and CEO Organization to even get the chance to create a Cartel. Perhaps a brand new office or offshore ship has to be bought?

My MC is already called Gaddafi cartel, seems like a good, well-thought out idea. I've been thinking for a while now that the way businesses and properties are handled should be different though, imagine the maze bank forclosure site had say 50 different locations dotted around the map and you have the choice of what you would like to do with the building choosing from the different types of business ventures already available

I get what your saying, but the MC hierarchy is very different from Cartels and MC is such a part og GTA that i deserves its own separate attention. In an ideal world, MCswould be given an update to increase member numbers and new interactions, gamemodes and alliance options along with option to own more than one clubhouse.

And the CEO could be updated to offer CEO styles, for example Mafia, Cartel, Street Gang, Military, Bratva etc, each with its own exclusive Territory, hierarchy structure and naming, businesses options and style options, only available to that STYLE of CEO organisation. Allow people the option to change CEO style at a cost, just in case they dont like it once they have tried it. For example, a CEO standard can only own bussiness in the Central City, a CEO/Mafia the city outskirts, CEO/Street Gang only South LS, CEO Cartels lower Blaine or east Blaine etc etc.

Unfortunately, most people ideas likes yours are too good for R* , who would rather waste time on Adversary modes, Rocket cars and glow up suits!.

I know the MC hierarchy is very different, but there isn't really any other good way to add both into one venture?

There are quite a few other options, you might like this one we came up with in the early days of this idea:

In the interaction menu (or phone) the President can go to Cartel (much like there is now Organization or MC) and there are all your criminal ventures you own. (For if in the future there will be other criminal ventures) Here you can quickly see who joined which venture, keeping them both separated, but under your rule. Although in conversations with others it quickly became apparent that the easier way (the one in the OP) is the preferred one by most players.

​With the idea in the OP both the cartel leader as the associates can switch on the fly from what how they want to play. And freedom always has been a key ingredient in GTA Online. I agree with your statement that MC's deserve their own attention, but actually some real world MC's are part of Cartels. A cartel is simply an agreement between competing organizations, to control prices or exclude entry of new organizations in a market.

​I do really want to thank you for your feedback! :)

​PS: your idea for CEO Styles is really something. Perhaps that we will add it in! I personally hope that if this idea gets through, other criminal ventures (like gangs, mafia, triads etc.) can also become a part of this overhead organization. This way you can really start creating your "own style" organization, made up from all sorts of criminals, or focus on only one style. It is up to the player! :) Again freedom of playing how YOU want to play is the key here. The sky is the limit (or the map boundary xD)

Edited by ivarblaauw

Seems like a good, well-thought out idea plus my MC is already called Gaddafi Cartel. I've been thinking for a while now that the way businesses and properties are handled should be different though, imagine the maze bank forclosure site had say 50 different locations dotted around the map and you have the choice of what you would like to do with the building choosing from the different types of business ventures already available be it a coke lab, crate or vehicle warehouse, club/safehouse etc

Non Funkable Token

Not bad idea, I'd love to own and run nightclubs and that sh*t. Although I see it more probable as an expansion of MCs, rather than "cartels". I doubt they'll handle that idea of cartels in a proper way.

Seems like a good, well-thought out idea plus my MC is already called Gaddafi Cartel. I've been thinking for a while now that the way businesses and properties are handled should be different though, imagine the maze bank forclosure site had say 50 different locations dotted around the map and you have the choice of what you would like to do with the building choosing from the different types of business ventures already available be it a coke lab, crate or vehicle warehouse, club/safehouse etc

That could also be a possibility, although it would become quite cluttered. The idea that you can choose yourself what to do with a building is something we hadn't thought of though! Perhaps this will be added in the OP. It is something that really gives the idea of your own organization

Not bad idea, I'd love to own and run nightclubs and that sh*t. Although I see it more probable as an expansion of MCs, rather than "cartels". I doubt they'll handle that idea of cartels in a proper way.

Yeah but not having tried is a missed shot in the first place right?

We can always try to make this happen! Especially if multiple people will send this idea or make a change.org (just as with bikers!)

• Like 1

Absolutely love the idea.

Technically, it is possible to a certain extent to play Cartels now with proper organisation, for example Organisation helps the MC with objectives and vice versa to speed things up.

By exchanging members and leaders, wealth can be distributed quite quickly.

If some crews adapt this way of playing and it becomes popular, Rockstar might pick up attention of this idea.

• Like 3

Absolutely love the idea.

Technically, it is possible to a certain extent to play Cartels now with proper organisation, for example Organisation helps the MC with objectives and vice versa to speed things up.

By exchanging members and leaders, wealth can be distributed quite quickly.

If some crews adapt this way of playing and it becomes popular, Rockstar might pick up attention of this idea.

I hope we as a community can make this happen. Remember that almost all updates from 2016 were originally ideas by members! :)

I'm gonna go ahead and submit this idea to rockstar

Drop in a link to this thread if you do that! :) the pictures tell also a part of the story :)

It wouldnt let me post on the support site so I emailed it to them directly. Here's a screenshot of the email

sqjplw.jpg

• Like 2

This is a lot more thought out than I expected when I clicked the link. Very impressed, honestly.

Thank you, it was some work to create :)

It's smart, well put together, and a good moneymaker.

Not happening.

Well we can always try right?

It wouldnt let me post on the support site so I emailed it to them directly. Here's a screenshot of the email

That's a great way of doing so! Thank you! :)

I think there should be a promotional video to be made with few people and one talented video editor.

Do not forget, that you can install mods while editing the video footage of Online - a good opportunity to showcase some new vehicles you'd like to suggest.

I think there should be a promotional video to be made with few people and one talented video editor.

Do not forget, that you can install mods while editing the video footage of Online - a good opportunity to showcase some new vehicles you'd like to suggest.

Console player here, so that is quite hard to create, perhaps with work of some other members we can create something like that?

​But if there are people out there who are interested to do that, please let me know! Would be amazing! :D

Offtopic:

Currently we only managed to create this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGpQGUaApX0

Edited by ivarblaauw

It would look good as an add-on to the Biker DLC like Import/Export was to Finance and Felony and F&F was to Executives and Other Criminals.

But Cartels don't really go with the CEO thing. And it's time the Bikers got an update. Because with all the businesses you're basically Ricardo Diaz.

And it looks like you put a lotta work into this. Good job.

It would look good as an add-on to the Biker DLC like Import/Export was to Finance and Felony and F&F was to Executives and Other Criminals.

But Cartels don't really go with the CEO thing. And it's time the Bikers got an update. Because with all the businesses you're basically Ricardo Diaz.

And it looks like you put a lotta work into this. Good job.

Why wouldn't cartels go with the CEO thing? The CEO thing is nothing more than a front for illegal business is it not?

I really like this idea, because it's just idiotic that we have to switch from MC to CEO everytime we want to do the other stuff. They're both just businesses anyway, let's just combine them.

Also you're not forced to do this, you would still be able to choose to only be a biker or a CEO. The cartel only adds a couple of options (for a little price of course).

• Like 3