Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,886 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

--Vega--

Worst and Best Voice-Acted Character(s) in GTA Series

--Vega--

Which character(s) in the series would you consider the best and worst voice acted and why?

Mine:

Best

Officer Tenpenny - Samuel L Jackson did a perfect job making him sound menacing and a very memorable villain.

Carl Johnson - Just a 10/10 performance, can't get any better than the job Young Maylay did and it sounds so effortless, which is really what matters

Rosenberg in VC and SA - Voice actor really brought this goofball lawyer to life and puts plenty of passion and emotion (mainly fear) into his antics

Big Smoke - Hilarious and has some of my favorite quotes during the opening missions of SA

Roman Bellic - Another one who put plenty of lively passion into his character

Salvatore Leone - Every game he appeared in, Frank Vincent nailed it

The trio of protagonists in V - All 3 feel very emotional and alive, even if R* shorted out their stories and rushed them

Worst

Luis from TBoGT - Honestly one of the worst I've ever heard. It was like the voice actor did not even give one sh*t about his job and just read directly from the script like reading a book out loud. A lot of the other characters in this game sounded the same too, with pretty much zero charisma in any of them.

Louise in VCS - Sounds terribly scripted and has a lot start-stop speech paterns

Little Jacob - Can't even barely understand him. Could R* have had him tone down the accent at least a little bit?

Majority of K-Chat in Vice City - While VCPR was a superior talk radio, K-Chat seemed like a sh*tty, jet-lagged version with low energy to match

Lucidies

I thought Luis from BOGT and GTA4 just sounded bored all the time :D

Femme Fatale

Tenpenny is definitely the best, the worst is Mickey Hamfists in GTA III, the guy didn't even put in any effort.

Lucidies

Tenpenny is definitely the best, the worst is Mickey Hamfists in GTA III, the guy didn't even put in any effort.

ive actualy never heard mickey talk Does he?

Femme Fatale

Yep, just listen to that awful voice acting.

The Deadite

Michael Hollick is pretty divisive, on one hand he voiced Niko and did an excellent job with him... on the other, his serbian is decidedly awful. Every time he speaks in what's allegedly the native tongue of tye character, he just ruins Niko's credibility.

bigbigbigdaballs21

Michael Hollick is pretty divisive, on one hand he voiced Niko and did an excellent job with him... on the other, his serbian is decidedly awful. Every time he speaks in what's allegedly the native tongue of tye character, he just ruins Niko's credibility.

i know there was talk of "the guy who played sasha", whom i forget the name of, but it could have helped to actually have a serbian voice a serbian character

Skarekrow

Yep, just listen to that awful voice acting.

Christ, whoever voiced him in GTA:III sounds like he was just reading the script for the first time. Fun fact: in LCS Hamfists is voiced by Chris Tardio who plays Sean Gismonte in The Sopranos.

Some of the better ones are:

- Tenpenny (Samuel L. Jackson)

- Tommy (Ray Liotta)

- Niko (Michael Hollick)

- CJ (Young Maylay)

- Trevor (Steven Ogg)

- Dimitri (Moti Margolin), that "See you later Niko" line was brilliant, always pissed me off.

Edited by Skarekrow

Donatello

Richard Bastion. The epitome of voice acting.

joyrider00

The overall quality of voice acting and motion capture is stellar in all GTAs imo. Many minor characters would deserve a shout-out but its hard to even pick the very best ones.

The best (or most memorable)

-Mike Toreno

-The Kibbutz Brothers

-Tenpenny

-Roman

-Claude

The worst

-Luis

-Diaz

-Cesar

(Edit) I have nothing against Latino characters lol. The performances just sounded lame when compared to other ones.

Edited by joyrider00

Shadowfennekin

Best:

Lamar

Niko

Tenpenny (And this is coming from somebody who doesn't even like SA)

Roman

Trevor

Johnny

Dmitri

Devon Weston (What can I say? The voice suits the character despite how awful he is)

Worst:

Luis

ViceBoy69

Best

Tommy

Niko

Worst

CJ

Edited by ViceBoy69

5'8

I thought Ned Luke & Steven Ogg both done a fabulous job.

Both of the scenes in Bury the Hatchet are wonderfully voiced & acted out, best voice acting in the series In my opinion.

straightupmenace

Best

Tommy

Niko

Worst

CJ sounds like a gangbanger, i remember buying the game having looked forward to it, soon as CJ spoke it spoilt the game, never played it all the way, probably never will, CJ is a crap protagonist, voiced by an idiot too,

how is Young Maylay an idiot? Are you going to elaborate on this or no?

Anyways, I'd probably have to say Niko and Trevor have the best voice actors in the series.

The worst acted would have to be Luis. He just sounds really bored most of the time tbh.

Edited by ChickenAndBeer

Lucidies

Best

Tommy

Niko

Worst

CJ sounds like a gangbanger, i remember buying the game having looked forward to it, soon as CJ spoke it spoilt the game, never played it all the way, probably never will, CJ is a crap protagonist, voiced by an idiot too,

how is Young Maylay an idiot? Are you going to elaborate on this or no?

Anyways, I'd probably have to say Niko and Trevor have the best voice actors in the series.

The worst acted would have to be Luis. He just sounds really bored most of the time tbh.

Yeah in what why is the voice actor of cj an idiot?

also isnt CJ's voice actor and Franklin's actor related?

eCola

The character with the best voice acting is Johnny. He's a badass protagonist and his gruff voice definitely suits that trait.

Osho

Best - Really tough to pick one. Almost all the voice actors in 3D era have become so memorable, that its not possible for me to say, which one is the best. Samuel Jackson, Young Maylay, Ray Liotta, Clifton Powell, James Woods, Jason Zumwalt ( Roman ), etc. I could go on.. They are all amazing.

Worst - Easily, Michael Hollick. That fake accent, just terrible voice acting!

Failure

Worst -

B-Dup

Ryder

Ricardo Diaz

Lance Vance

Mendez brothers

Armando Torres

Luis Lopez

Yinepi

Worst:

Hossan Ramzy - While I do love his actual voice, his accent not quite like how Egyptian speak. When using a trainer and playing as him you can hear his many lines of dialogue and when he talks he correctly pronounces the P and Th sounds instead of replacing them with B and S/Z. Hossan should speak more with an accent similar to Mohammed does, only with a higher-pitched tone and heavier emphasis on the /t/ while keeping his current O emphasis and putting more of an 'Aiyee' (emphasis on the 'yee') sound to his I vowels. He should also put a minor 'e' sound before consonant clusters like 'st' (Stop = estob) and an I between consonant clusters like 'fl' (Floor = Filoar).

Anyway this just be nitpicking ... it's not the only accent Rockstar butchered in IV.

Edited by Yinepi

Osho

Anyway this just be nitpicking ... it's not the only accent Rockstar butchered in IV.

Its actually very interesting to read about what you're noticing carefully and write a nice analysis that many would be able to understand. So, I don't find that nitpicking. Such posts prove very helpful.

universetwisters

Claude had the worst voice acting.

assCRACK_98

Worst

Well that's what he's supposed to be.

Edited by Rodger Cheeto

Colonel _Cortez

I deleted my older post for beeing hostile towards ExTerminator and ViceBoy69 . I apologize a lot for disrespecting your opinions!

I think Philip Michael Thomas also did a great Job for voicing Lance Vance, especially in Vicecitystories. Even though Lance was an annoying character overall, you can hear how much erffort and emotions his voice actor put into it.

Edited by Colonel _Cortez

Ribsey

A lot of hate on Luis here...I thought he sounded appropriate for a guy surrounded by the kind of people you'd only put up with out of sentimentality and/or money. His put-downs to Mori and Evan, advice to Tony and a lot of the moments between he, Armando and Henrique have a lot behind them if you listen to the voice actor's inflections.

The worst usually come from the earlier games, but even then I struggle to think of anybody.

ProKiller93

That mexican taxi driver guy in GTA V is the worst

ViceBoy69

I apologise guess i went to far, im just not a fan of San Andreas, i know there are a lot of people on here who are. I purchased the game on day of release and i was disappointed it left me feeling a bit flat. I dont like how it plays or looks and i dont like the characters, it is very rare i play it anymore.

So i retract what i said before, sorry guys.

Failure

How are these the worst? All of them, except Luis Lopez sounded really authentic. Some people in this forum are just...

You should probably get your ears checked out, because they did not sound 'authentic'.

(Ambient)

Worst

CJ was suppose to be a gangbanger, this is what GTA SanAndreas was about, the gangster-rap culture from the early 90s and Young Maylay did a great Job voicing him. And why is he an idiot? Do you even know what you are talking about? Jeez what a stupid post!

Anyway i think Philip Michael Thomas also did a great Job for voicing Lance Vance, especially in Vicecitystories. Even though Lance was an annoying character overall, you can hear how much erffort and emotions his voice actor put into it.

Worst -

B-Dup

Ryder

Ricardo Diaz

Lance Vance

Mendez brothers

Armando Torres

Luis Lopez

How are these the worst? All of them, except Luis Lopez sounded really authentic. Some people in this forum are just...

Forgive him for having a different opinion than you have.

Biira99

It's hard to choose, since most of the voice acting in GTA games is really on point.

I loved Tenpenny and Rosenberg as well. I also like most characters' voices from IV.

For worst, I would have to choose Luis. While I liked the vibe of TBoGT, Luis's voice and character lacked uniqueness the other protagonists had.

testicle swapper

Most of them have great voice acting. But CJ's voice actor does sound like he was trying so hard to act hood. Even though the actor is from the hood.