3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA V picks up two Steam Awards

Kirsty

But I do not think GTA V deserves the first award. The story mode was meh at best.02

Are you talking about the PC version?

Because it really doesn't matter how good or bad the story mode is, but how much fun you have or don't in the open world with the mods installed to the PC players.

V is superb on PC, and provides unlimited fun once you start modding.

Edited by Osho

But I do not think GTA V deserves the first award. The story mode was meh at best.02

Are you talking about the PC version?

Because it really doesn't matter how good or bad the story mode is, but how much fun you have or don't in the open world with the mods installed to the PC players.

V is superb on PC, and provides unlimited fun once you start modding.

No, I'm not. Judging by the description, I guess I assumed it was primarily for the story mode since it said "Some games melt your face. Maybe it was a crazy plot twist." But if you're talking about modding, then yes, I imagine it deserves the award.

Edited by Queen

The trophies are pretty snazzy; that's one each for the Houser brothers. I wonder who is partial to a bit of pink?

Dan I reckon:

dan-houser-fondorosa.jpg

DELET THIS!!!!!1

ZoZOm01.jpg

Edited by quxxo
  • Like 2

GTA V is the best game of this decade so far.

Yeah, only if you've been playing really sh*tty games for the past 6 years.

Jesus f*cking Christ.

Is it impossible to say "I like GTAV" without being sandwiched by the IV fanatics? You guys are getting old, FAST.

So f*cking what if someone found a game you hate as the best game they've ever played? Spoiler alert; no, you won't die. So what if he finds GTAV being the game of the decade? Its HIS opinion and HIS opinion alone. I find Skyrim being the best game of the decade, with GTA SA being a close one too (yes, I know, SA and Skyrim didn't came in the same decade but IDGAF). Apparently I must've been playing horrible games because there are others who don't like these two games.

OT: GTAV PC, from the looks of it (never played the game on anything that isn't a PS3), is amazing. The PC version of GTA:O should be tossed off the window but still. [sP] GTAV deserve this.

GTA IV is a 2008 game people, that had a terrible PC port. Two reasons why it didn't win those awards.I can't believe some people here think GTA IV actually deserves those awards.

Edited by Raj Brunner

This should not have happened :angry:

Care to elaborate? :p

I know there have been a lot of issues with the PC release, but the awards were won through votes from the community (i.e. the players) so it's not completely biased.

It has nothing to do with PC. It goes for all platforms, so PS4 and XBOne too. This game is simply way too unbalanced.

Well, personally I don't like GTA V and I utterly despise GTA Online, so IMO it didn't deserve these awards, but I'll just keep all the hatred to myself.

Edited by Claude_Lib

Well, personally I don't like GTA V and I utterly despise GTA Online, so IMO it didn't deserve these awards, but I'll just keep all the hatred to myself. Speaking of, why didn't this masterpiece win anything?

Because it's a terrible piece of sh*t that shouldn't be a thing in the first place.
  • Like 3

Hatred's a pretty good game actually. It should have been nominated for Villain In Need Of A Hug, and maybe Whoaaaaaaa Dude! It's Postal 1/Redux but HD and Evolved!

Grab a flamethrower, go into a huge crowd, set them all on fire and enjoy the screams!

Edited by B Dawg

Hatred's a pretty good game actually. It should have been nominated for Villain In Need Of A Hug, and maybe Whoaaaaaaa Dude! It's Postal 1/Redux but HD and Evolved!

Grab a flamethrower, go into a huge crowd, set them all on fire and enjoy the screams!

3c09d14adcdd6626599b630020298af374a0fd83

What's so "kewl" about that game anyway? Murdering innocents for f*ck all reasons? Even games like DOOM aren't that bloody.

I do not get you, ten-a-penny, why you get all whiny about Hatred being mindless murder but you play Grand Theft Auto which is pretty much same thing?

I personally myself think it deserved an award. But not any of these. Rather an award for best animation in a video game.

Edited by Yinepi

its also buggy, vapid trash but hey what do i know
  • Like 4

I do not get you, ten-a-penny, why you get all whiny about Hatred being mindless murder but you play Grand Theft Auto which is pretty much same thing?

I personally myself think it deserved an award. But not any of these. Rather an award for best animation in a video game.

This is the type of comparisons I hate. I also play classic DOOM games, so apparently that also makes it weird for me to hate a sh*t game.

GTA is an Open World game. Open. World.

Its NOT centered around murders (brutal ones, no less!) and brutal murders alone.

Its NOT centered around crime and crime only.

You CAN do non-crime activity. Like, oh I don't know, stunt, perhaps??? Y'know, the very reason why I play GTA SA in the first place????

Other than massacres that make ISIS gangs look like angels compared to, what can you do in Hatred? Yep, nothin. BTW, if you want to continue this, send me a PM - I don't want to derail this thread.

• Like 1

It's kinda hard to have sympathy for a protagonist who willingly slaughters millions of civilians without remorse.

Anyways, on-topic. I'm glad GTA V got these awards, despite some of it's flaws.

• Like 1

No, GTA is nothing like hatred. In GTA you're not force to kill unarmed innocents, that's just you and when you do kill people it's normally for a good reason. GTA also has other stuff to do than just kill. All hatred has is just mass murdering in it. The award Hatred should recieve is for being the most generic shooter ever.
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Steam does give awards eh? Boo yah to the GTA Team for 3 wins oh awards!

You bumped an old thread just to say this?

(Sorry Mods, the Report function doesn't seem to work for me here, maybe if I refresh the page it'll work properly)