Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,347 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Kirsty

GTA V picks up two Steam Awards

Kirsty

In the first ever Steam Awards, which are voted for by the community of the PC gaming platform, Grand Theft Auto V has come out on top and won two more gongs to add to it's multiple accolades. It's also been announced that it finished within the top 12 of top selling games on Steam for 2016, giving it a platinum achievement. Considering it'll be 4 this year, I can't think of a time where this game hasn't been in the spotlight!

The trophies are pretty snazzy; that's one each for the Houser brothers. I wonder who is partial to a bit of pink?

6ON4kBg.pngSource

6ON4kBg.pngSource 2

The "Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!" Award
"Some games melt your face. Maybe it was a crazy plot twist. Maybe you just got your wisdom teeth removed. Either way, this game BLOWS YOUR MIND."

trophylarge4.png

The "Game Within A Game" Award
"Kinder Eggs. Peanut Butter Cups. Jelly Donuts. All great things stuffed with other great things. Like a mighty turducken, this award celebrates the best mini game hidden within another game."

trophylarge6.png

Indi

The trophies are pretty snazzy; that's one each for the Houser brothers. I wonder who is partial to a bit of pink?

Dan I reckon:

dan-houser-fondorosa.jpg

Edited by Indi

B Dawg

This should not have happened :angry:

ViceBoy69

I agree game doesnt deserve it

Kirsty

This should not have happened :angry:

Care to elaborate? :p

I know there have been a lot of issues with the PC release, but the awards were won through votes from the community (i.e. the players) so it's not completely biased.

universetwisters

I like how the awards are painted like many of the cars you see in GTA Online.

Luna 51

Care to elaborate? :p

I know there have been a lot of issues with the PC release, but the awards were won through votes from the community (i.e. the players) so it's not completely biased.

I think he's saying that because of his hatred towards the game.

Flachbau

I thought the Steam Awards were pretty cool, I can't remember if they did this last year but they should continue it. As for GTA V, I think it's worthy of winning those awards.

livejoker

I heard The Benz also got an award.

photo16.jpg

I think the game definitely deserves those awards. I've played GTA IV once it released until a week up to GTA V's release. Sure, it wasn't consistent gaming after the first few years but it holds a special place in my heart and I firmly believe we'll still be gaming in Los Santos a week before GTA 6 comes out. It's a great game despite its flaws. Hell, it's a good game with its flaws - just imagine how amazing it would be if it was managed better. Congrats to R* for these awards. ;)

Spadge

It's just cool to hate on V, I'm a oldschool guy, my favorites are still Vice City & San Andres, and I still love GTA V & Online. There's just so much hate and jealousy towards V because it dethroned IV and IV just appeals to the boring forumer person anyway. Way to gritty, way to gray, the whole f*cking map looks the same because of the graphics, unplayable without graphics mods on PC & takes itself way to seriously for a GTA game.

Good on ya GTA V, you deserve it.

Nico

IV just appeals to the boring forumer person anyway. Way to gritty, way to gray, the whole f*cking map looks the same because of the graphics, unplayable without graphics mods on PC & takes itself way to seriously for a GTA game.

Well, you're kinda right there. I consider myself pretty boring: I don't go to parties, I hate mainstream crap, I watch shows that don't match my age, I listen to old music, etc.

Talking seriously, I was wondering how long it would take someone to bash the IV people for the sake of doing it. I couldn't care less if GTA V gets a lot of choice awards, is still a poor game in my opinion.

slimeball supreme

this game STINKS so it doesn't dersevre it (rip jongo) it's bad game iv is best game (rip johny) anyone who says otherwise is dumb and has bad taste (rip janoy)

iv rules and has the best game it's factually better and therefore v shouldn't win anything even though it's been well recieved by critics and players alike (rip john) and also they made the WORST mistake of all time ever and killed johnny which is was dumb and DUMB ! (Rip jogn)

Edited by Mr. Fartenhate

CynicalRise

this game STINKS so it doesn't dersevre it (rip jongo) it's bad game iv is best game (rip johny) anyone who says otherwise is dumb and has bad taste (rip janoy)

unrelevant

gj gta v you made a lot of people happy including this very website and all the people in it

Tony42898

GTA Online shouldn't have gotten this award. Note: I said GTA Online, not GTA V.

Edited by Tony42898

Flachbau

While GTA Online definitely seems to be considered as a standalone game by Rockstar, it's not separated from GTA V itself through Steam.

zanesix

I don't agree with this. I can deal with the woah dude one but Gmod deserved the game within a game award becuase Gmod literally is a game with other games in it.

Gummy 

What the f*ck... AS AN IV LOVER WHO PRAYS AND WORSHIPS GOD BELLIC EVERYDAY I SAY THAT THIS IS BLASPHEMY!!!!

V Shouldn't have gotten the award! IV should have got it for the best game, best graphicss, best PC Port!! best everything!!!! F*CK YOU GABE AND STEAM I WILL NEVER BUY A GAME ON STEAM EVER AGAIN!!!!

also, IV SHOULD WIN ALL AWARDS IN THE FUTURE AWARDS IF FATMAN WANTS MY PURCHASES AGAIN

Edited by Gummy 

LaBombaRomba

Maybe it deserved the the bottom award, but not the top one at all... AT ALL!!!

Edited by LaBombaRomba

Mann56

Good Job. The game certainly deserves it.

Failure

The only reason why V got these awards is because people fail to understand that V and Online are two separate games. Let's face it, there's nothing in the PC version of V (a 2013 game) that makes it stand out from every other AAA game on sale.

V (and Online, too) don't deserve the awards, imo.

Curtis

how the hell did gmod not win the bottom one

Edited by Bender

PJR_4015

I'm curious, which minigame from V did they find so amazing they had to give it an award? Was it yoga? Was it that Snake ripoff they they recently added?

Alvarez

I'm curious, which minigame from V did they find so amazing they had to give it an award? Was it yoga? Was it that Snake ripoff they they recently added?

Tennis, darts, TRON, hunting simulator, retirement simulator.

PJR_4015

Tennis, darts, TRON, hunting simulator, retirement simulator.Do adversary modes count as minigames? The other things you listed are nice to have, but none of them really give me a wow-feeling.

lol232

Can't be mad. Nice!

iSaint9

Maybe GTA V deserved the Whoaaa dude! award, but the Game within a game award is so f*cking stupid.

GTA V has minigames. It's part of the game. You can't say "Oh wow, this TRON minigame is so fun, it feels like I'm actually playing a TRON videogame!". GTA V is not a sandbox. It's an open world game, and as such, everything you create is a minigame. It has certain rules that you can't modify such as day-night cycle, gravity, etc. You can place props, cars, NPCs, etc. but you can't mess with the core mechanics to create a game within the game. Games like Besiege or Garry's Mod are actual sandbox titles and as such let you modify pretty much everything.

This is what happens when you let 12 year olds vote.

lol232

Maybe GTA V deserved the Whoaaa dude! award, but the Game within a game award is so f*cking stupid.

GTA V has minigames. It's part of the game. You can't say "Oh wow, this TRON minigame is so fun, it feels like I'm actually playing a TRON videogame!". GTA V is not a sandbox. It's an open world game, and as such, everything you create is a minigame. It has certain rules that you can't modify such as day-night cycle, gravity, etc. You can place props, cars, NPCs, etc. but you can't mess with the core mechanics to create a game within the game. Games like Besiege or Garry's Mod are actual sandbox titles and as such let you modify pretty much everything.

This is what happens when you let 12 year olds vote.

Sunrise Driver

Your stupid retarded childish hate toward great game STINKS.

GTA V is the best game of this decade so far. DEAL WITH IT.

Also I'm surprised and glad for Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Edited by Street Mix

VODKAH

This what happends when 12 year olds vote.

B Dawg

GTA V is the best game of this decade so far.

Yeah, only if you've been playing really sh*tty games for the past 6 years.