Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,809 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ash-274

Do you choose the Cargobob for Import/Export?

Do you use your Cargobob for I/E?  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you even own your own Cargobob?

• Nope. I don't own any
    • I own only the Marine version
    • I own only the Jetsam version
    • I own both versions
  2. 2. If you own one, how much do you use it for I/E?

• I don't own one
    • I own one/both but don't use them for cars. Too slow, too vulnerable, glitchy hook
    • I use mine rarely outside of those missions the require it
    • I use mine occasionally, to change things up or just for certain scenarios
    • I use mine most of the time
    • I use mine all the time. Whenever possible.
  3. 3. Have you been burned by the hook glitching and dropping cars?

• I don't own my own, but the hook did drop a car
    • I don't own my own, but the hook hasn't failed on me
    • I use my own and the hook failed at least once (or I heard about that problem) so I don't use it
    • I use my own and the hook failed at least once, but I still will use it
    • I use my own and the hook hasn't failed on me yet.

ash-274

Excluding the missions where you must use one, is it the first tool you reach for, the one you occasionally use, would rather not have it in the bag, or don't own?

GTAFanClub

I tried the cargobob once and for some reason it couldn't hook the car so I never tried again. It's not that hard or slow driving in a solo session anyways.

No Use For A Name

Hell f*cking no.

First attempt: randomly detached and did $20k worth of damage

Second attempt: same thing

Third attempt: didn't detach until I flew over the race track, then decided to drop it right in the pond.

Never. Again.

Cameron Star

I own the Jetsam and use it nearly all the time.

I've noticed that it never ever drops anything if I'm in a solo session. Someone said it was a bug when other players pressed the dpad, so I think that is right.

ash-274

I own the Jetsam and use it nearly all the time.

I've noticed that it never ever drops anything if I'm in a solo session. Someone said it was a bug when other players pressed the dpad, so I think that is right.

The one time mine dropped I was solo, but that doesn't mean another player wasn't trying to get in.

Snoopbr

When magnet is coming to Cargobob as an improvement? Lifting cars during missions is irritating sometimes.

6Ekqwtu.jpg

nido997

actually I was thinking about adding one just for this update , but now after playing the Cargobob steal mission I HATE IT ! very very heavy , the hook is really annoying (i think R* should fix it , like if the hook touches any side of the car then its enough ) , it s very slow and it s glitchy , It dropped my car once or twice ....

plus , and this is the most important thing , I do enjoy driving the cars to the warehouse (I know I know , the NPCs , AI and random players damaging the cars , still , I definitely prefer driving )

PS : is the Jetsam at least faster and more agile than the regular one ? any other differences ( apart from the hook beeing longer on the jetsam )

Edited by nido997

joel15cat

I only use Cargobob in solo sessions. It is not advisable to use the chargebob in sessions with friends because the car can fall.

Diana McFarland

eh, if you want to lose money you can..

its not the amount of money you lose from dropping the vehicle.

zecanelao

For selling/exporting cars it has been perfect, 100% success rate, no damage at all. Stealing cars is a completely different story, though. If I don't deal with the enemies, I simply can't get to my warehouse before the Cargobob's engine stops working.

Dacelo

Nah. Half of the fun of I/E is driving the cars themselves. In the mission where you're forced to use the 'bob I just drop the car off at the nearest beach then drive home.

CarimboHanky

i use my OG 2013 cargobob and had 2 cars unhook mid flight, surprised by the little damage the car took, both times the damage was under 5k

daricusGTA

I've gotten to the point where I'll just move the car from the barge to the closest safe area, put it down, destroy the 4 waves of buzzards, then drive to the garage. Been burned by the hook glitch twice, and it never seemed that bad before. I'm not sure what's changed, and it seems to happen with both the OG 'Bob and the Jetsam.

AUScowboy

On ps4, use it every time. I play almost everyday still and have yet to have my bob drop anything since Finance/Felony when they supposedly fixed this bug. Fortunately for me, i seem to be one of the few players not dealing with that particularly annoying bug.

Jimmy

I own the Marine version. I've had some terrible experience with it. I kept dropping the vehicles at a few first attempts. First it was the Z-types and then the Bikes. I've dropped more cars than I've delivered.

IamCourtney

I've done the majority of my I/E work in solo sessions over the holidays and used the Bob heavily, I didn't want to deal with both NPCs and snow. Now that I'm back in public, I'll use it for Steal missions since if it drops and takes too much damage, I lose nothing but a little time. Don't trust it for Sales in a busy lobby though, I save those for low population sessions and either do it the old fashioned way on the ground or take the risk of carrying it.

Happy Hunter

I use my 'Bob all the time for these.

Only had the drop glitch once or twice, but then my sh*tty connection means I'm often in empty sessions (where it seems to be a bit less likely to happen, in my experience anyway).

Glitch or no glitch, 'Bob is the way to go for me.

Edited by Happy Hunter

IamCourtney

I want to reroute a portion of the $20k I spend tricking these cars out for sale into installing a safety chute on the roof, to be deployed Ruiner 2000 style in the event of hook failure.

elfoam

Time is money and a t20 is faster than a cargobob

elmaso69

The cargo bob was awesome for a while, but now the damn thing drops every car I carry, f*cking bullsh*t

Bxx

Don't own one, and wouldn't use it even if I had it, I even go a step further with the missions where the game forces you to use the cargobob and only use it take the car out of the water, drop it in the closest road and actually drive it back to the warehouse.

What is fun in this update for me is being able to make a profit out of something I like. Driving. If I were to use the cargobob over and over it would obviously be more profitable, since I wouldn't have to pay to repair the NPCs damage, but then again, it would only make the whole thing feel like a huge grind, and if that's what I was up to then I'd grind Pac Standard.

Zader

I have one, the civvie variant, and it keeps f*cking me on missions, either unable to pick up the vehicles at all or dropping them at random as I fly home.

Now, I only use them when forced and promptly put it down on the nearest beach whenever I can to drive back home. Doesn't take very long to get there, even in the slower cars, and my driving is good enough to net me a $0 loss.

-LN-

I don't own one and I'm pretty much rubbish at flying it and picking things up. Some of my friends will use one when we do sources or deliveries together though. I don't mind driving, so I'll just stick with doing that.

Edited by -LN-

V4S

I try to cargobob as much as possible even though I've had events where a car has dropped randomly, its worth the risk instead of dealing with

THIS

spawn.gif

100% of the time :D

-LN-

I try to cargobob as much as possible even though I've had events where a car has dropped randomly, its worth the risk instead of dealing with

THIS

spawn.gif

100% of the time :D

Hey, I remember when this happened! :p You're quite good with the Cargobob! :D

I just had a source where I definitely should have used one though. I had to chase a T20, which was on the run from the cops, and I finally managed to flip it on its roof and kill the driver. However, I kept getting a three star wanted level and I ended up pushing the car down a hill and into a tree. In the end, I had no choice but to blow it up and kill myself.

Stig-Lennart

Since I started doing most of my hauling in solo lobby's I've never had the Bob fail on me anymore. Hell, it even allows me to pick up the cars that are chased by the cops without damage. It's a keeper for me :D

Datguy8925

I just use bullshark testosterone and whatever cover that is not the vehicle I am jacking.

gglenn1966

I am trying to use it as much as I can. Always for deliveries, and most of the time for pick ups, except when the car happens to be close to the warehouse, there is no suitable pick-up spot nearby, or the mission won't allow it, such as the bombed car missions. I could still use a fair amount of practice with it, and am only comfortable when there is a fairly large clear area available for the capture. I can't do pinpoint pick ups. It really helps in the snow, particularly when the target vehicle is difficult to handle in the slick conditions, like the Mamba. It also bypasses ground-based attackers and the uncertainties of NPC traffic. Haven't had it drop one yet, but have sustained some damage due to clumsy piloting on occasion.

gglenn1966

I tried the cargobob once and for some reason it couldn't hook the car so I never tried again. It's not that hard or slow driving in a solo session anyways.

I could be wrong, but in my experience it seems that in most missions you need to land and get into the car to activate the timer before the car can be captured by Cargobob. Use this as an opportunity to move the car to a more ideal pick up location.

GTP_Monkey

I have the Marine one and use it all the time when the steal allows when on my own, very occasionally i play with others then i dont use it