2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

OpenIV Team presents Liberty City in GTA V

GooD-NTS

If V can't find a model which should be loaded, nothing will happen, no errors, bugs etc. Unless when RPF path will be added to images.meta and archive won't exist then yes, crash will occur.

Edited by _CP_
  • Like 2

HHnErXC.png

So mod tool version 2.9 will come out first before this map right?

Edited by Mr.Arrow

how the draw distance will work? gta 4 have sliders for view distance and detail distance, gta 5 have distance scaling and extended distance scaling

so, for comparison - maxed out distance scaling = maxed out view distance and maxed out extended distance = maxed out detail distance

Will the map feature interiors from all episodes together?

It is not decided yet.

Will you advertise to buy the Episodes then as spiting act of goodwill to Rockstar?

Wait for the first release at last before buying anything.

Will the map contain a simple underwater floor?(as template for future modding)

It must be created.

If V can't find a model which should be loaded, nothing will happen, no errors, bugs etc. Unless when RPF path will be added to images.meta and archive won't exist then yes, crash will occur.

What is this about?

So mod tool version 2.9 will come out first before this map right?

Yes.

how the draw distance will work?

It is GTA V.
  • Like 2

Draw distance and detail distance is practically the same thing.

Also. I have a question. If some map touch the map barriers, what happen? And can we make the barrier bigger?

Edited by ArthurLopes

Depends on the barrier, some of them can be easily expanded, some of them can not be easily expanded.

@GooD
I mean if you put all necessary data to load EFLC interiors in YTYP/YMAP files but resources will be missing, game won't crash.

HHnErXC.png

Yes, you can enable show through trainer.

Depends on the barrier, some of them can be easily expanded, some of them can not be easily expanded.

Did you know the maximum extension map of this game? I know one guy who broke the game's magic barrier ( sharks spawning and vehicles not working beyond this line) using Xbox 360's file https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/no-boundary-limits

To put into perspective:

Edited by Mr.Arrow
  • Like 2

It would be very useful if someone do a map for 3dsmax of gta v collisions. Like the one for gta iv in gims iv.

rollschuh2282

very important question:

is the deathswing still the way we love it?

GooD-NTS, either I'm reading this wrong, but it seems like you've announced this too early as there's still a lot your team doesn't know how to do properly, your answers to people are incredibly vague, even to people who have been pushing map modding via other methods, surely it'd be best to work WITH these people to try and find out any wrongs that could be righted? It's either that or you guys are being your usual selfs and being vague on purpose because you don't want to share methods with the community and you still dislike working with people who are not Russian.

• Like 4

very important question:

For Christ's sake, this is not an IV remaster! This is only map models ported to GTA V engine and placed together. This will not give you GTA IV physics, sounds, missions or whatever. This is just a map! Do you expect to hear "Deja Vu!" playing on the radio when you drift down a mountain in Akina map mod? This is exactly the same thing, nothing more than just a f*cking map.

Edited by Claude_Lib

rollschuh2282

very important question:

For Christ's sake, this is not an IV remaster! This is only map models ported to GTA V engine and placed together. This will not give you GTA IV physics, sounds, missions or whatever. This is just a map! Do you expect to hear "Deja Vu!" playing on the radio when you drift down a mountain in Akina map mod? This is exactly the same thing, nothing more than a map.

the deathswing Glitch was caused because the Swing was placed to deep in the ground, and when they simple convert the map, than it could possible that the Swing is still glitchy

the deathswing Glitch was caused because the Swing was placed to deep in the ground, and when they simple convert the map, than it could possible that the Swing is still glitchy

No, it was caused by the game's physics model and how it handled complex objects like chains. That's why R* dumbed down everything, including physics, in V, because they couldn't make it just as perfect as in IV, but without this sh*t happening.

P.S. I'm not trying to start another IV vs V flame war.

Edited by Claude_Lib

rollschuh2282

No, it was caused by the game's physics model and how it handled complex objects like chains. That's why R* dumbed down everything, including physics, in V, because they couldn't make it just as perfect as in IV, but without this sh*t happening.

P.S. I'm not trying to start another IV vs V flame war.

GTA 5 had in the ps3/x360 times also Launch Glitches, like Michaels gate, a Gate in the hills, etc.

but Rockstar patched them all.

so I think it's still a possibilty that the death Swing is still glitchy

Edited by rollschuh2282

very important question:

"Deja Vu!"

"I have been to this purace before!"

If you meant this, this would be awesome.

• Like 2

He obviously meant the shader snow, the one R* enables on winter holidays, it will work on Liberty City map.

• Like 2

@Alvarez

o7od4dOh.png
  • Like 3

HHnErXC.png

Did you know the maximum extension map of this game?

The game have different word boundaries for different systems. And the funny part is they are not event match each other.

For exampe, game have one really big boundaries { -16000, -16000 }, { 16000, 16000 } in this box you can spawn models.

The car paths have boundaries { -8192.0, -8192.0 }, { 8192.0, 8192.0 }, but PEDs navmesh have another boundaries.

Water also have different boundaries. Etc...

He obviously meant the shader snow, the one R* enables on winter holidays, it will work on Liberty City map.

Exactly.

Ash_735 again? okay...

GooD-NTS, either I'm reading this wrong, but it seems like you've announced this too early

It's actually was announced too late.

there's still a lot your team doesn't know how to do properly

Like what?

your answers to people are incredibly vague

Can you please point me at those vague answers, I will try make them more specific.

even to people who have been pushing map modding via other methods, surely it'd be best to work WITH these people to try and find out any wrongs that could be righted?

I don't see how those people (what people?) is trying to help.

It's either that or you guys are being your usual selfs and being vague on purpose because you don't want to share methods with the community and you still dislike working with people who are not Russian.

This is just silly.
  • Like 3

RoscoeHussein

I'm glad you got the priorities straight. Since your focus is just the map as a base, the community can make add on mods that will make this like it was a TC. :)

Also, bear in mind, some stuff is fixed in my IV/EFLC Graphical Bug Fixes. For example, someone at Rockstar made a typo on the shader for the dirt overlay texture on the exterior of the TBOGT Bahama Mama's. You should keep this in mind so when it is converted to GTA V, it knows what shader to use. Otherwise it will have the same problem in V.

which patch ruined the texture? I have 1.1.1.0 EFLC

Edited by epidemick92

I can't wait to see what type of community mods will be made for Liberty City after OpenIV drops their map mod. Missions, car mods..oh man I just remembered the euphoria mod that came out a while back--it'd go great with this mod. This map is going to look amazing on V's engine.

ok and 1. very important question:

I don't think so. In GTA IV the swing is completely dynamic and just stuck on the ground. Afaik dynamic objects aren't even compatible with OF yet

Edited by Gravarty

rollschuh2282

subway trains are working?

no, because they would need to convert the train Scripts and paths, that is almost the same way the train in GTA 5 works.

1. Is there a graphics difference? (will it look like gta 4 or will the textures look nice like GTA 5)

2. Are you the guys that will work on ped & traffic if so will you add trams?

3.When will see another teaser. (i can't wait even some screen shots please)

RoscoeHussein

Are you the guys that will work on ped & traffic if so will you add trams?

we'll have to wait a while after the official release for ai paths Edited by epidemick92

oCrapaCreeper

1. Is there a graphics difference? (will it look like gta 4 or will the textures look nice like GTA 5)

I assume V's more advanced shaders, lighting, timecycle etc will make LC look much brighter and have a different tone, but LC itself would still be using the same assets from IV so it won't look different otherwise. The OpenIV team or modders in general would have to manually replace the assets.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper