3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

OpenIV Team presents Liberty City in GTA V

GooD-NTS

MeatSafeMurderer

Well...f*ck Take Two. Anyone else up for a good old fashioned boycott?

Well...f*ck Take Two. Anyone else up for a good old fashioned boycott?

I´m already boycotting those motherf*cking cocksucking piece of sh*ts.

This is extremely disappointing! I've been looking forward to this mod for months now. Anyway, thanks for all the hard work GooD-NTS! Openiv will be missed.

I hope the developers don't delete their progress yet. In the unlikely event that the C&D is lifted it might be great to continue progress.

• Like 3

Morningstar666

Make a video showing all of your work before deleting the whole project I think all fans just like me would be glad to at least watch

gandalfthestupid

One thing that disappoints me on this is I was going to wait for this to come out so I could make a video about Niko Bellic in Liberty City in GTA V finding out what happened to Karen/Michelle after the events of GTA IV and flying to Los Santos to confront her. Well after this S*** storm the way I'll have to make this video now is to splice footage of Liberty City from GTA IV with the now out of date graphics (perhaps I can find a good graphics mod to make the game look a little bit more like GTA V) and the other scenes from GTA V I'm not very happy about this at obviously just like everyone else who was excited about this and now I'm so mad myself I kinda want to hack T2 themselves and I have a feeling someone might pluck up the courage to do so but man I am just enraged by this

One thing that disappoints me on this is I was going to wait for this to come out so I could make a video about Niko Bellic in Liberty City in GTA V finding out what happened to Karen/Michelle after the events of GTA IV and flying to Los Santos to confront her. Well after this S*** storm the way I'll have to make this video now is to splice footage of Liberty City from GTA IV with the now out of date graphics (perhaps I can find a good graphics mod to make the game look a little bit more like GTA V) and the other scenes from GTA V I'm not very happy about this at obviously just like everyone else who was excited about this and now I'm so mad myself I kinda want to hack T2 themselves and I have a feeling someone might pluck up the courage to do so but man I am just enraged by this

If only there was a way to wipe the GTA Online servers clean. That would trash it forever. However that is a little extreme. Lol.

If I were the OpenIV team, I would dump my LC DLC packs online. No converter.

• Like 2

gandalfthestupid

If only there was a way to wipe the GTA Online servers clean. That would trash it forever. However that is a little extreme. Lol.

It's extreme yeah at this point T2 has me so angry I'm basically the real life version of angry Trevor 😡

• Like 2

It's extreme yeah at this point T2 has me so angry I'm basically the real life version of angry Trevor

Agreed. GooD-NTS needs to wait a little bit, then streight up upload the DLC packs.
  • Like 3

MeatSafeMurderer

It's extreme yeah at this point T2 has me so angry I'm basically the real life version of angry Trevor

Agreed. GooD-NTS needs to wait a little bit, then streight up upload the DLC packs.

"Oh no...would you look at that...it looks like somebody got hold of the LC mod...and...oh no...not that...they've uploaded it...terrible"
  • Like 1

Jesus. This project was going to be amazing. Such hard work to even put all this together. This mod would have been the next level no doubt. Again f*ck T2 :angry:

Edited by GTA_The_Series
  • Like 1

GooD-NTS. I feel for you m8. D&A orders, I wouldn't give up instead I'd try and work something out with them.

We need to write to Take Two in a constructive way.

• Like 5

It's not coming back. There's a reason both RDRV and LC got C&D from Take Two.

Map modding is in gray area, so Take Two might shut down anytime as they wish.

Edited by Mr.Arrow

We need answers seriously I'm kinda hyped as openIv is back into the game now we only need information about the fate of this game

Stop. Rockstar said that we can not use models from their games, but they did not say anything about the models they created themselves.

What if we create our own Liberty City? Maybe even make it better and more than the one that was in IV.

Take a map of the concept as a basis (for example, a LibertyKing map) and make it yourself. So the city will work out more, and Rockstar/T2 will not scold.

I may have started out merging LC, VC and SA into one map, however this was 10 years ago. recreating our own models turns out for me a nice past time. so if we have our own assets R/ Take2 will have no issues.

I have almost remodeled Vice City, I plan to move onto LC soon after and all this was meant to be for Rage but no longer.

I am still working out my options.. RW isn't up to the job anymore.

Edited by X-Seti
  • Like 3

Why not? III modding community is as alive as ever. Having remastered maps for the games would be awesome; Having these remastered maps all in one game, is better than awesome. (San Andreas, for example, has recently got its map limit breached, so it would be the best engine to run these mods on)

Why not? III modding community is as alive as ever. Having remastered maps for the games would be awesome; Having these remastered maps all in one game, is better than awesome. (San Andreas, for example, has recently got its map limit breached, so it would be the best engine to run these mods on)

I am considering moving back to SA and continuing on with the VC limit hacks, but the models i've recreated are for modern game engines. very high poly models.

Here on thread; http://gtaforums.com/topic/768912-wiprag4-infusions-going-wild-with-3dsmax-supended/page-4?do=findComment&comment=1068166953onwards.

My take on the D&A's

http://gtaforums.com/topic/890080-take-two-openiv-and-d-as-oh-my/

Edited by X-Seti

I am considering moving back to SA and continuing on with the VC limit hacks, but the models i've recreated are for modern game engines. very high poly models.

This. Rockstar and T2's new policies have sufficiently proved that all the works modders do to bring RW games to RAGE engine isn't appreciated in any way. San Andreas still has a huge fan base and be nice to have all the modders working on it again.

0rTqlCW.png

GooD-NTS, delete this topic since we won't get this. Or are we?

Q: How this will work?
A: You will need to download a convertor tool with some additional assets. This tool will convert Liberty City from your copy of GTA IV into GTA V.
The converter tool will create a single player DLC pack, which will be installed into your GTA V.

Question: Are PC Single-Player Mods Allowed?

Answer: Rockstar Games believes in reasonable fan creativity, and, in particular, wants creators to showcase their passion for our games. After discussions with Take-Two, Take-Two has agreed that it generally will not take legal action against third-party projects involving Rockstar’s PC games that are single-player, non-commercial, and respect the intellectual property (IP) rights of third parties. This does not apply to (i) multiplayer or online services; (ii) tools, files, libraries, or functions that could be used to impact multiplayer or online services, or (iii) use or importation of other IP (including other Rockstar IP) in the project. This is not a license, and it does not constitute endorsement, approval, or authorization of any third-party project. Take-Two reserves the right to object to any third-party project, or to revise, revoke and/or withdraw this statement at any time in their own discretion. This statement does not constitute a waiver of any rights that Take-Two may have with respect to third-party projects.

You don't need to delete the topic, just lock it. Don't want to erase the history behind the new rules.

Take2 just banned Another Rockstar 'IP' files.

you guys dont know what is 'IP'? they just let us modding whole GTA. GTA5 is one of GTA IP. we still can use them without anyproblem.