1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

OpenIV Team presents Liberty City in GTA V

GooD-NTS

@_MK_

Seriously? -.-

Lol,I'll take that as a no.

But i don't see why not,as long as it takes the city further from LS airport the better.

I think R* clearly outlined the co-ordinates and what is North, turning that on it's head would be strange I think.

Igor Bogdanoff

>props still not fully converted
>not even 1st version out

AND YET PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT f*ckING PLACEMENT OF THE MAP.

>props still not fully converted

>not even 1st version out

AND YET PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT f*ckING PLACEMENT OF THE MAP.

I also find weird people complain about the placement of the map because ITS A MOTHERf*ckING MOD AND IT DON'T NEED TO BE 420% ACCURATE.

To Shut everyone up move the north icon to the new location of LC, North Yankton is near there anyways.

gg Edited by ArthurLopes

LanGonCer9807

Mrc*ntFTW and DatDemonistan are probably going to make +1000 videos about this... ..oh, wait.. they already did. Anyways, they´re probably going to buy the whole game just to convert the map with the tool and play the mod, with a price of dozens of occupied GB. After that, they will make another 1000 videos exploring the map in 30 seconds by only using the sh*tty NoClip mod, (that feature shouldn´t even exist, it ruins the experience).

One of this kind of videos:

Their IP's should be banned from both sites, (gta5-mods.com and gtaforums.com)so they could not access and stole any new info or mod they see and inmediately upload a bunch of 10 minutes videos. But is that possible? Block an specific IP from accessing a site?

DatSaintsfan is annoying, but he's just on the limit to be bearable. But that FTW Guy, he is the reason why some people thinks videogames are a bad influence.

Anyway OT - How's the water situation? The lakes on Liberty City like the one in Middle Park, Bohan and general swiming pools are behaving like expected? Also in the beaches/coast of Los Santos, the waves from the ocean start to "calm down" near the main land. Is the same happening on LC?

• Like 2

i´m not sure, but i think navi is for the GPS, and the nod is for the path files

You should really stop thinking like a German when browsing international sites.

Their IP's should be banned from both sites, (gta5-mods.com and gtaforums.com)so they could not access and stole any new info or mod they see and inmediately upload a bunch of 10 minutes videos. But is that possible? Block an specific IP from accessing a site?

I'm the social media manager of GTA5-mods.com and know the admin ofcourse. First of all it's impossible to ban people from the website. They could ask someone else to browse it, change IPs, .. Second: Making them angry is a bad idea, because they are actually getting people on our site. Edited by reditec
  • Like 2

Jimmy_Leppard

To be honest, Liberty City location on the map is completely irrelevant until the city itself becomes ''alive'', meaning gets fully working traffic and pedestrians all around the city. While Liberty City is empty, I couldn't care less where you put it, it serves no purpose.

To be honest, Liberty City location on the map is completely irrelevant until the city itself becomes ''alive'', meaning gets fully working traffic and pedestrians all around the city. While Liberty City is empty, I couldn't care less where you put it, it serves no purpose.

It's a symbol.

It would be put in GTA 5.

Everything else follows.

• Like 2

Jimmy_Leppard

It's a symbol.

Everything else follows.

Well, good for you and the rest of the people who think the same way, but I'm not going to download a huge mod for only some extra streets and buildings that will be empty and lifeless. When this mod upgrades the incorporated Liberty City island to an ''alive'' city, in whichever version that happens, then it pays out to download it for sure.

Converter with OpenIV will take only few MBs, so don't worry too much.

HHnErXC.png

It's a symbol.

Everything else follows.

Well, good for you and the rest of the people who think the same way, but I'm not going to download a huge mod for only some extra streets and buildings that will be empty and lifeless. When this mod upgrades the incorporated Liberty City island to an ''alive'' city, in whichever version that happens, then it pays out to download it for sure. Yeah, it is not i am that guy that demands everything right now and at once. It will suffice for some exploring and screenshots for me.

Some people will add stuff to this alpha and i think it's a good idea to make this mod a collaborative effort at some stage.

Wait.

You said "download a huge mod".

You don't even know what you talking about, but you're criticising it? Alright, pal. Thanks for a laugh.

Edited by Alvarez
  • Like 2

We all should thank you for all time you people put into this.

...I wonder if lods are gonna be present?

• Like 2

We all should thank you for all time you people put into this.

...I wonder if lods are gonna be present?

Yeah, i read earlier they will be present.

It's a symbol.

Everything else follows.

Well, good for you and the rest of the people who think the same way, but I'm not going to download a huge mod for only some extra streets and buildings that will be empty and lifeless. When this mod upgrades the incorporated Liberty City island to an ''alive'' city, in whichever version that happens, then it pays out to download it for sure. You are complaining about a mod that take YEARS to be made, crack the code of the game isn't easy, and mods have a lot of updates until it is perfect, and for me atleast, have a whole new city in gta v was a dream 2-3 years ago. and just now in 2017 this is going to become a reality and a new door for map modders.

Jimmy_Leppard
You are complaining about a mod that take YEARS to be made, crack the code of the game isn't easy, and mods have a lot of updates until it is perfect, and for me atleast, have a whole new city in gta v was a dream 2-3 years ago. and just now in 2017 this is going to become a reality and a new door for map modders.

That's all good, but my point is still that Liberty City's location on the map as well as the city itself is useless as long as it's empty.

That's all good, but my point is still that Liberty City's location on the map as well as the city itself is useless as long as it's empty.

Personally I don't think it's useless, it's 'progress' effectively. There's numerour maps/tc's where there isn't any ped's nor traffic and people are screaming for a release. I don't think it's the be all and end all having the map 'alive' at this point. Just managing to get everything migrated in itself is a milestone. Just my personal thoughts obviously, I'm sure yourself and many others will disagree.

devs, how do you place liberty city into the map? with the current 3d editor GTA V offers, or does openIV will have its own 3d editor, which will also be able to edit the terrain? or do you add them by tricky hex editing or something similar like gta sa where you can edit the coordinates with the ipl?

• Like 2

devs, how do you place liberty city into the map? with the current 3d editor GTA V offers, or does openIV will have its own 3d editor, which will also be able to edit the terrain? or do you add them by tricky hex editing or something similar like gta sa where you can edit the coordinates with the ipl?

actully they dont use 3d editor, gta iv isnt a 3d game like gta sa,vice city, gta 3.. its an HD game, it requires a HD editor ;)

im an also a techinal supporter i help people with pc and mods... ;) linux or windows :DDDD

Edited by sidik

"HD Editor" Lolnah mate. My old-ass copy of 3dsmax 9 works just as well for old-school GTA RW (III/VC/SA) modeling as it does for GTA4 RAGE modeling. ;)

OpenIV team are reverse engineering the RAGE formats for 3d models, texture dictionary, object definitions (this tells the game an object actually exists, but doesn't place it in the map) object collisions, and object placement data (as you can guess, this is the equivalent to an ipl file for Renderware GTA's like SA). This allows them to natively convert from GTA4 RAGE to GTA5 RAGE with specific adaptations for changes like texture shaders and stuff that is different between 4 and 5. I assume there is more stuff that GTA5's RAGE uses however i've kinda fallen off the GTA-modding radar and i've not kept up to date on the specifics of map modding GTA5. :p

BTW to the people saying the map is useless without life (ped + vehicle paths, etc) then how the hell are they supposed to know their paths are working correctly in the final location without getting the map done properly first.?! Better first lay a solid foundation instead of converting the map and the re-doing the paths and map for a new (better suited) location later.

Edited by Frank.s

actully they dont use 3d editor, gta iv isnt a 3d game like gta sa,vice city, gta 3.. its an HD game, it requires a HD editor ;)

im an also a techinal supporter i help people with pc and mods... ;) linux or windows :DDDD

LMAO WTF XDD

DAT SUPPORT

What about

? Just for fun

dat profile pic xd

One more post like this and somebody's up for some quality time off the forums.

^

curry troll is curry remove curry :(

Anyway, this might have been probably asked but... what about underwater areas? I guess they're quite late in priorities.

Edited by Shao Kahn

Anyway OT - How's the water situation? The lakes on Liberty City like the one in Middle Park, Bohan and general swiming pools are behaving like expected? Also in the beaches/coast of Los Santos, the waves from the ocean start to "calm down" near the main land. Is the same happening on LC?

As you can see at map images few pages back GTA V water have very limited "customizable" area where water is configures via water.xml. So, currently we are working on water limits, and it's not as easy as it may look.

devs, how do you place liberty city into the map? with the current 3d editor GTA V offers

We add actual map files into the game.

The "3d editor" you refers is just an script, simple object spawner, but not an actual map editor.

Anyway, this might have been probably asked but... what about underwater areas? I guess they're quite late in priorities.

They will be added later, after first release.