D T

What's good, GooD? Delay or nah?

DMThePro123

Maybe they are busy working

BlackScout

Maybe they are busy working

Or busy not giving a f*ck about us... x)

RoscoeHussein

Wait till around June then?

BlackScout

Q: When it will be released?

A: Spring 2017.

How vague are such statements? I mean... For f*ck sake, bear on mind we've got 2 Hemispheres, this confuses everybody.

Just say March - June.

March 20 - June 19

They're... probably delaying this.

Edited by BlackScout

Veroder

Be glad you got a statement in the first place, they don't owe anyone sh*t. Just be f*cking patient and stop whining.

Edited by Veroder

BlackScout

I was out of my own mind. Apologies.

Edited by BlackScout

_CP_

Well, if you're desperated, convert it by yourself, all needed tools are available.

D T

It's cool if they need more time. I'm just wondering if all is well, since the release date is fairly close and the other big conversion got shutdown.

Jimbatron

About the date being vague, that's just showing experience of GooD and the dev team IMHO.

When you embark on a project of this sort of scale, in uncharted territory, you have no idea how many unforeseen problems you might run into.

It's generally smart bit to make commitments unless you are certain you can keep to them.

Shakez

Yeah indeed
Don't put a date to public if you know you can't keep up

GooD-NTS

Just curios why you can't image situation where we currently just don't have much time to work on modding because something not modding related happened?

Something that we can't predict when announce was made?

Ash_735

Just curios why you can't image situation where we currently just don't have much time to work on modding because something not modding related happened?

Something that we can't predict when announce was made?

Does this something start with T and end in 2?

GooD-NTS

Liberty City is coming in 2017, but not in the spring.

Not a great news, but many of you already suspect this, our Liberty City mod is delayed.
To make this crystal clear:

• Mod is delayed because we currently do not have much time to spend on modding (and Liberty City is required a lot of time). We all have life outside of modding and sometimes it is just impossible to spend time on modding because we just do not have that time. Anyway we are trying to do something every day, so there is progress but not much as hoped.
  • We do not have any new technical issues that prevent or block progress.
  • We do not have any illegal issues (yet?)
  • When we announced our Liberty City mod back in January we didn’t know that we will not have much time, you can’t always predict what happens in your life and what not.
  • There is nothing you can do right now to speed up the release.
  • It is impossible to release current version of the mod.

Please be patient. I will not provide any estimates for release anymore, so you will not be disappointed.

DMThePro123

RIP Liberty City (2017-2017)

nkjellman

Any chances that you will open up a beta test soon? It could speed things up for helping you find bugs and fixing them.

_CP_

@nkjellman

Edited by _CP_

El Dorado

if you're working on a mod, here's a good rule to follow

DON'T MAKE A PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT UNTIL YOU WORK IS, LIKE, 98% DONE

otherwise, just read the last pages of this topic and the RDR map topic to see what happens

Pressure Drop

Won't the mod just get taken down like Red Dead one did ? Can't you just release it suddenly and by the time they see it lots of people will already have downloaded it...

oCrapaCreeper

Won't the mod just get taken down like Red Dead one did ? Can't you just release it suddenly and by the time they see it lots of people will already have downloaded it...

If Take2 wanted to take this down they probably would have done it already. There is not much inventive to take this down compared to the RDR map mod. RDR2 is where the gold mine is currently.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

assCRACK_98

If Take2 wanted to take this down they probably would have done it already. There is not much inventive to take this down compared to the RDR map mod. RDR2 is where there gold mine is currently.

Not only that NTS is in Russia and it's usually harder for T2 to take legal action like that.

Hans-Hermann Hoppe

If Take2 wanted to take this down they probably would have done it already. There is not much inventive to take this down compared to the RDR map mod. RDR2 is where there gold mine is currently.

Not only that NTS is in Russia and it's usually harder for T2 to take legal action like that.

not only that not only that, this one is only going to be a converter, you need the game to start with

Flachbau

if you're working on a mod, here's a good rule to follow

DON'T MAKE A PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT UNTIL YOU WORK IS, LIKE, 98% DONE

otherwise, just read the last pages of this topic and the RDR map topic to see what happens

Or your could really just control yourself and wait like any normal person would.. there's nothing that the team did wrong. You're not being realistic at all.

Edited by Android

D T

Pre-order cancelled

_MK_

hmmmmm but you said beta 1 will be out when OpenIV 3.0 is out,so i guess the first release is ready but being held back by OpenIV because of that unnecessary converter thing.

Anyway guess these map mods aren't going the way they're supposed to anyway,simply covers the map alone and then dies just like the rest of the latest maps we witnessed.

Not a great news, but many of you already suspect this, our Liberty City mod is delayed.

• Mod is delayed because we currently do not have much time to spend on modding (and Liberty City is required a lot of time). We all have life outside of modding and sometimes it is just impossible to spend time on modding because we just do not have that time. Anyway we are trying to do something every day, so there is progress but not much as hoped.
  • When we announced our Liberty City mod back in January we didn’t know that we will not have much time, you can’t always predict what happens in your life and what not.

Please be patient. I will not provide any estimates for release anymore, so you will not be disappointed.

Wheres the dislike button ?

Edited by _MK_

assCRACK_98

hmmmmm but you said beta 1 will be out when OpenIV 3.0 is out,so i guess the first release is ready but being held back by OpenIV because of that unnecessary converter thing.

Anyway guess these map mods aren't going the way they're supposed to anyway,simply covers the map alone and then dies just like the rest of the latest maps we witnessed.

Wheres the dislike button ?

how bout you do it

le shark

Damn, I was hoping to play this before the exams come and I get expelled from university... Still, great job. You do not owe anything to anyone, you're not a professional team.

BrownieBear

It's a great team, that creates great stuff! Yes I knew the mod had to be delayed, but I don't care that much! I want a mod that's playable, not one that either keeps crashing or has been finished way too quickly like R* always does, resulting in cool things or small details to get cut.

MrGTAmodsgerman

You do not owe anything to anyone, you're not a professional team.

Says someone that don't know anything about this kind of modding. Not professinal? Really? They are the best modding team that i ever met here, they did the base for GTA V modding and much more. They always doing it usefriendly and optimized & bug less! They are professional! They know what they doing! And who the f*ck in the community then this team would build a awesome professinal converter instead of a stupid single map mod. They make it easy for us and they deserve much as respect we can give.

And if you don't know what real life is, then don't talk about it!

Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman

Veroder

I'm pretty sure you're misinterpreting Le Shark's post. His point is that this isn't their job.