4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Using Cheat Codes

pullbackforskin

pullbackforskin

Hello to all. When I hit the tilde key and the window opens up to enter cheat code i enter cheat code and then above map it says .

cheat denied

not available on a mission or pastime

If I need to be in single player to use codes how do i get to single player..

I purchased game digitally from Amazon .

Also when on line and i hit the tilde key no box open???

Thanks for any help....I am wanting to use codes to check out the game...

Edited by pullbackforskin

You cannot use cheats in Multiplayer.

You can only use the cheats during the free roaming time in Single Player. You cannot use cheats any time during a mission or pastime as it states.

pullbackforskin

You cannot use cheats in Multiplayer.

You can only use the cheats during the free roaming time in Single Player. You cannot use cheats any time during a mission or pastime as it states.

How does a player roam in single mode. How do i go into this mode. Step by step not sure how to do this . Thanks for any help..

Edited by pullbackforskin

You start the game in Single Player. That's really all there is to it. Then you may use the cheats, but if you start a mission or side mission the cheats are disabled.

pullbackforskin

It must sound stupid on my part but i do not see single player mode. I purchased the game online digitally i again do not see single player. Thanks for your advice please explain how to go to single player mode.

Bitch With a Gun

With XBOX you go to XBOX Live and sign in. I have a separate sign in for my GTA V Online account that I have connected to my SocialClub Gamer Tag. In my experience, you have to play offline with another identity to use those cheat codes. I have a separate offline sign in for my XBOX that I use for offline gaming in which I enter cheat codes.

It sounds like you're on PC but I doubt it's much different. Don't sign in to your GTA V Online account. You probably need to make a separate one. Problem with that is that your GTA V Online level won't transfer over and you'll be put into the first repo missions for Franklin where he'll be broke and unarmed. However, in strictly offline mode, I don't see why you couldn't put in a mod for a 100% mission comlpeted/money/unlocks for your offline account. I did that for my XBOX offline account. It doesn't transfer to GTA V Online but I can play the game differently alone if I so choose. I use a non-modded account for GTA V Online.

Edited by Captain Real Estate

pullbackforskin

With XBOX you go to XBOX Live and sign in. I have a separate sign in for my GTA V Online account that I have connected to my SocialClub Gamer Tag. In my experience, you have to play offline with another identity to use those cheat codes. I have a separate offline sign in for my XBOX that I use for offline gaming in which I enter cheat codes.

It sounds like you're on PC but I doubt it's much different. Don't sign in to your GTA V Online account. You probably need to make a separate one. Problem with that is that your GTA V Online level won't transfer over and you'll be put into the first repo missions for Franklin where he'll be broke and unarmed. However, in strictly offline mode, I don't see why you couldn't put in a mod for a 100% mission comlpeted/money/unlocks for your offline account. I did that for my XBOX offline account. It doesn't transfer to GTA V Online but I can play the game differently alone if I so choose. I use a non-modded account for GTA V Online.

Thanks for answering.....And i have this game on pc. If you could could you give me a step by step scenario to help me with this other account thing .. I am 56yrs old and have been out of gaming for a while. And I do not have to use steam to play game correct. And also I now notice this gaming thing wants you to be connected online different than from years ago.

pullbackforskin

I just do not see when single player mode is ????. Again I purchased this from amazon a digital download. To all who have anwsered thanks. Everyone take care have a great year.

I play on PS3/4 so not sure what button to push to pause....

Pause the game-- Map should come up.

At the top are tabs to select-- navigate to the right one tab (To the Online tab).

At the bottom of this tab is "Leave GTA Online"-- select this and you should enter single player. If you have never played it before the prologue mission will begin (you will not be in San Andreas-- don't panic).

I could not find a video showing this however if you watch this video skip to 1:37 you will see the menu I am talking about and the Leave GTA online at the bottom....

After you have played the prologue mission and the first mission-- save your game.

Exit the game

When you start the game next time it should give you the option to start either single player or GTA Online (once again-- I play on playstation so your experience may vary slightly).

HTH

Spuds

pullbackforskin

Thanks I will try and let you know. Have a blessed day. And be safe. Take care.