2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA online PC- out of control modding

nick838321

Clearly this isn't the case as I have been using mods in SP continuously since the PC version launched. I don't use them online and have a separate install just for this purpose.

Also, R* has no issue with mods in SP:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52429/asked-answered-the-rockstar-editor-gta-online-updates

Make of that what you will.

• Like 3

Diana McFarland

Yeah, PC does have more than it's fair share of cheaters, but you know what? I wouldn't change it for the world.

X7xEdeU.jpg

zzs051d.jpg

#REALmodders

what the crap is this then.

Look in the bottom left corner at the health/armour/SPECIAL ABILITY bar and find out ;)

You're clutching at straws here.

• Like 3

You still didn't tell scalliano what they are doing wrong, beyond saying 'Rockstar thinks it is wrong (this is incorrect by the by) and I don't have the mental capacity for free thought so I just go with what they say'.

They(scalliano) said that they are aware that Rockstar is banning people for using Mods.

so i told them that if they get banned, because modding is wrong and the Rockstar banning system thinks it is too. that it's their fault and their banning was correct.

Play stupid games; you win stupid prizes.

alter the game in anyways; you get banned.

Except Rockstar themselves literally said that you do not get banned for using mods in single player.

• Like 2

Diana McFarland

Look in the bottom left corner at the health/armour/SPECIAL ABILITY bar and find out ;)

You're clutching at straws here.

00456835fc.jpg

Yes, you can use your Online character in story mode using mods. Try to know a little bit about the subject that you're acting high and might about.

Diana McFarland

Yes, you can use your Online character in story mode using mods. Try to know a little bit about the subject that you're acting high and might about.

THE POINT IS

YOUS TILL GET BANNED FOR USING MODS.

AND MODS THAT ARE BEING USED IN MULTIPLAYER; STEM FROM THEIR SINGLE PLAYER COUNTERPARTS.

IE: The Force menu

You still didn't tell scalliano what they are doing wrong, beyond saying 'Rockstar thinks it is wrong (this is incorrect by the by) and I don't have the mental capacity for free thought so I just go with what they say'.

They(scalliano) said that they are aware that Rockstar is banning people for using Mods.

so i told them that if they get banned, because modding is wrong and the Rockstar banning system thinks it is too. that it's their fault and their banning was correct.

Play stupid games; you win stupid prizes.

alter the game in anyways; you get banned.

Except you don't get banned for single player mods, because they don't work online. Learn to read, you've been told this multiple times.

Edited by The-Irish-Hunter
  • Like 3

THE POINT IS

AND MODS THAT ARE BEING USED IN MULTIPLAYER; STEM FROM THEIR SINGLE PLAYER COUNTERPARTS.

First off, laying off the caps'd be appreciated.

Yes, you get banned for using mods - in multiplayer. But we aren't talking about that - you're arguing that modding of any kind, even in singleplayer which affects nobody but the user - is wrong. Because certain individuals exploit them in multiplayer? Is that not a problem with the user who exploits it in multiplayer, rather than problem with the person who originally created it to be enjoyed by people in singleplayer? The majority of the time the people who make menus to be used in singleplayer implement the blocks themselves - only helping to combat exploitative multiplayer cheating. Why should they be demonised for the actions of other players that are out of their control?

• Like 4

It's funny to me because I recently got rid of my PS4 and decide to start using my laptop to game more, the graphics and loading times are all significantly improved but the PC community is pure trash.

All they do in every lobby is get their e-peens out and talk about what systems they have, and then start modding the f*ck out of the lobby and setting people on fire n sh*t, it's ridiculous.

But that's why I'm already starting to stick to Single player RPGs and not even bother with PC multiplayer because the social gaming side of it is absolute garbage in comparison to consoles, and that's a big no no.

This would appear to be the "brute force" method of attempting to win an argument whereby in spite of mounting evidence to the contrary, the same erroneous statement is repeated ad infinitum in the hope that the other side simply gives up out of boredom.

And yes, importing one's Online character into Story mode is piss-easy with tools such as Skin Control or SNT. And the creators of things such as ENT (arewenotmen) should not be held responsible for their work being hijacked by those who would use it for nefarious means (in fact, arewenotmen actually left the community for a time because he hated the fact that those people were not only taking his trainer, enabling it online and adding a load of griefer options, but also charging money for it). Branding SP mod authors as enablers is not only unfair, but downright insulting.

Edited by scalliano

A Maned Wolf

Diana, didn't getting into other's affairs you know nothing about get you banned the first time?

OT:

It's funny to me because I recently got rid of my PS4 and decide to start using my laptop to game more, the graphics and loading times are all significantly improved but the PC community is pure trash.

All they do in every lobby is get their e-peens out and talk about what systems they have, and then start modding the f*ck out of the lobby and setting people on fire n sh*t, it's ridiculous.

But that's why I'm already starting to stick to Single player RPGs and not even bother with PC multiplayer because the social gaming side of it is absolute garbage in comparison to consoles, and that's a big no no.

I stopped playing MP games on PC years ago, particularly after the COD4 circuit worn down. Mostly its the horrible as sh*te community that's just as, if not more; immature as the so called console peasants they heavily ridicule.

• Like 4

Diana McFarland

THE POINT IS

Yes, you get banned for using mods - in multiplayer. But we aren't talking about that - you're arguing that modding of any kind, even in singleplayer which affects nobody but the user - is wrong. Because certain individuals exploit them in multiplayer? Is that not a problem with the user who exploits it in multiplayer, rather than problem with the person who originally created it to be enjoyed by people in singleplayer? The majority of the time the people who make menus to be used in singleplayer implement the blocks themselves - only helping to combat exploitative multiplayer cheating. Why should they be demonised for the actions of other players that are out of their control?

idk about you. but getting rid of a problem at it's source seems to be the best foot forward

So much for the PC gaming "master race." <sigh>

aOqpgzD_700b.jpg

Except the problem isn't mods, it's Rockstar's lack of anti-cheat. Adopting an EA-esque policy towards mods would be alienating a massive part of the community that's existed since the very first GTA game.

• Like 4

idk about you. but getting rid of a problem at it's source seems to be the best foot forward

Let's just stop playing games then. You can't get griefed or exploded or banned or triggered if you don't play in the first place. That's the source of the problem.

Let's stop having kids. If the human race dies off there will be no modders.

That's a stupid thing to say. You take care of problems as they come. Preventing the source is RARELY the solution.

Edited by Artisan Tiger
trimmed quotes

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Good luck with that.

I do not know much about mods, but so far i know its up to rockstar to fix it, since the mod community....is pretty huge and there is no way to beat those.

They just have to implement anti-cheat mechanics....good ones for online and all of this stuff would barely be a problem, just like in most modern multiplayer PC games.

Besides, real modders...the ones that actually make mods can make for some awsome publicity for a game....or even make the game grow on itself....there is a reason most companies making games for PC welcome mods.

Edited by Artisan Tiger
trimmed quotes

Diana McFarland
Let's just stop playing games then. You can't get griefed or exploded or banned or triggered if you don't play in the first place. That's the source of the problem.

That's a stupid thing to say. You take care of problems as they come. Preventing the source is RARELY the solution.

the root of the problem IS NOT playing games themselves.

its the people creating mods which is wrong, therefore it is a problem.

playing video games isn't wrong; so it cant be considered as a problem.

Edited by Artisan Tiger
trimmed quote train

And why is creating mods wrong?

• Like 3

SP mods aren't wrong either.

The root of MP cheats are NOT SP modifications!

Stop putting everyone in the same pot already.

• Like 2

THE POINT IS

idk about you. but getting rid of a problem at it's source seems to be the best foot forwardYes, let's screw over an entire section of the playerbase who may not necessarily have any interest in multiplayer at all by removing the one aspect of the game that keeps them playing. Mods are the lifeblood of a lot of games for many players, look at games like Doom, Quake, UT, Skyrim, Fallout, Half-Life etc etc. GTA is no different, and as much as I enjoy GTAO, a lack of moddability in Story mode would have severely hampered the game's longevity on PC for me along with many others. It was actually the reason I bought the PC version at all.

And even if there were some sort of mod prevention implemented, you can bet your arse that it wouldn't stop the cheaters as the sort of cheating you see in GTAO is all memory-editing. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for here - do you want a zero-tolerance approach to modding of any kind (which wouldn't solve the problem of cheaters), or for people to stop making mods off of their own bat (which also wouldn't solve the problem)? Because neither of those are ever happening, and would hurt the game more than help it if they did.

Edited by scalliano

A Maned Wolf

Creating mods is wrong now?

Looks like you got some angry letters to write. You might wanna start with TF 1 and 2, the entirety of the Elder Scrolls, GMod, the entirety of the Fallout series, Doom series, Unreal series, Quake series, and lastly the GTA series.

Get cracking.

When was the last time this thread was on topic? Was it ever? Everyone is arguing with a troll and the thread is going nowhere. Someone should lock it already.

• Like 4

Diana McFarland

THE POINT IS

idk about you. but getting rid of a problem at it's source seems to be the best foot forwardYes, let's screw over an entire section of the playerbase who may not necessarily have any interest in multiplayer at all by removing the one aspect of the game that keeps them playing. Mods are the lifeblood of a lot of games for many players, look at games like Doom, Quake, UT, Skyrim, Fallout, Half-Life etc etc. GTA is no different, and as much as I enjoy GTAO, a lack of moddability in Story mode would have severely hampered the game's longevity on PC for me along with many others. It was actually the reason I bought the PC version at all.

And even if there were some sort of mod prevention implemented, you can bet your arse that it wouldn't stop the cheaters as the sort of cheating you see in GTAO is all memory-editing. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for here - do you want a zero-tolerance approach to modding of any kind (which wouldn't solve the problem of cheaters), or for people to stop making mods off of their own bat (which also wouldn't solve the problem)? Because neither of those are ever happening, and would hurt the game more than help it if they did.

0 tolerance is and should be the way.

because people already do BLAME SINGLEPLAYER MODS AS THE REASON THEY GOT BANNED IN MULTIPLAYER.

you can't have 1 w/o the other.

Go look on the support forums RIGHT NOW and you can see people saying 'i was playing in singleplayer with mods and then i got banned when i went to multiplayer'

So yes, it's literally a matter of it beign unfair if one part could do it and the other one cant.

because the party that cant could literlaly just say that they were using mods in a solo session by themselves or just happened to have swapped over to multiplayer.

Creating mods is wrong now?

Looks like you got some angry letters to write. You might wanna start with TF 1 and 2, the entirety of the Elder Scrolls, GMod, the entirety of the Fallout series, Doom series, Unreal series, Quake series, and lastly the GTA series.

Get cracking.

who cares about those games.

certainly not I

When was the last time this thread was on topic? Was it ever? Everyone is arguing with a troll and the thread is going nowhere. Someone should lock it already.

im a troll because i don't agree with you.

and you called me immature

A Maned Wolf

^ That's their own fault for not taking the proper precautions before installing said SP mods.

Stop making excuses for others lack of foresight.

And how is not allowing SP mods in MP unfair?

You must really be dense if you can see the myriad of problems that would cause.

Edited by A Maned Wolf
  • Like 2

So we're literally back at the beginning of the argument when Diana made the incredible link between people using SP mods as an excuse to try and get out of bans as an argument to totally ban all mods forever.

I'm out, guys. Seriously. The only way this topic can be saved is with a lock or preferably banning this sh*tty troll for the umpteenth time

Oh, one last thing - GTA Online probably wouldn't exist if mods didn't as SAMP clearly inspired R* to go through with implementing multiplayer into IV and V. Take that as you will.

Edited by D.B. Cooper

Diana McFarland

^ That's their own fault for not taking the proper precautions before installing said SP mods.

Stop making excuses for others lack of foresight.

well, that doesn't matter.

because it proves what i said true; and it proves why mods shouldn't be tolerated period

SURE is a coincidence that the FORCE SP mod menu, literally had identical features to that of it's multiplayer counterpart.

I REST MY CASE.

Edited by Diana McFarland

WildBrick142

Go look on the support forums RIGHT NOW and you can see people saying 'i was playing in singleplayer with mods and then i got banned when i went to multiplayer'

Ah, yes, because no one has ever thought of making an excuse like that so they could get away with cheating in multiplayer after getting caught.

Let's not forget the fact that clearly no one has ever attempted to enter multiplayer with mods, intentionally or accidentally, either.

I don't see anyone on here talking about it

Actually this subject was discussed recently here: http://gtaforums.com/topic/876170-hackersmodders/

That thread went to hell in a short space of time and this one has gone the same way.

We're done here.

Edited by Artisan Tiger
  • Like 7