2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA online PC- out of control modding

nick838321

@SkylineGTRFreak Sweet mods. That's the type of stuff that makes me wanna switch. Some people only want to make the game better, not worse. It's the bad ones that I don't like

• Like 1

It's all God's fault. He's why GTA Online on PC sucks! He created the universe, and without that, there would be no people to make mods!

Blame God!

/end sarcasm

Edited by The-Irish-Hunter
  • Like 3

SkylineGTRFreak

@SkylineGTRFreak Sweet mods. That's the type of stuff that makes me wanna switch. Some people only want to make the game better, not worse. It's the bad ones that I don't like

Thanks!

And I agree with you. Even though people will disagree I will still call Them modders (and I don't think it's insulting for us "good" guys).

Why? because we never know who actively modified something game or script/game wise and who's only benefitting of said scripts.

However in the end I still gotta give it to those guys developing the online scripts. They know very well how to do what they do. I mean it sucks that they help destroy the experience for legit players, but they still do something that by far not everyone can.

• Like 2

I think Rockstar cares but I also think they can't do anything to stop it.

If they could stop it they would of done so a long time ago. These modders/script kiddies/hackers, whatever you want to called them have out smart Rockstargames.

In almost every lobbie there's this problem. I've had money dropped on me and all kinds of weird things happen.

If they could stop it they would of done so a long time ago. These modders/script kiddies/hackers, whatever you want to called them have out smart Rockstargames.

In almost every lobbie there's this problem. I've had money dropped on me and all kinds of weird things happen.

They can do it by limits. For example:

You can make only 200k per hour. Anything beyond that will ban you. It's just an example, considering the most effective way. Make it to a point, that, for example, moneydrop of 2k/seg, which means 120k in only one minute (!) impossible to use. Cheats won't be effective anymore.

Now, the hit-point system. Anything that hits the player will count. If something hits but doesn't count, it's a cheat. Lag works different here.

And, anything that is attached to game or any of its files (for example, .dll) will count as hack too, since nothing could be attached to the game when runing, besides SC, and, in some cases, Steam. Consider "offical" values too, so, for example, a value like 15k (from a moneybag) will be unknown for the game, and it won't register. And, if they try to use "official" values, we're back at money/time rule.

At object spawner, the same thing happens: if a cheater try to spawn an object (as a part of the game), the game will consider it as official or not. Official in this case, means objects that can be spawned by player (fuel cans, soda, hats, etc). Anything out of that list=ban. Easy.

At Godmode, the health wouldn't be simple "health". Divide it into points of the body, and those points with different system: it work as armor. A snowball won't damage it, at all. But a 7.62mm caliber will do. The 7.62 will have "X" penetration, while the body has "Y" armor. Snowballs have 0 penetration, so the "armor" won't be affected. But weapons have some penetration value, and, players, their body, as object, will be a "true" hit point. Walls and etc will be "false". If a something that has >1 penetration value hits him, that "bullet" will automatically drop his health. It will be "attached" to the bullet and not only the player. His health is divided and considered as "armor", so X bullets will take him down. Easy. Make it complex and they won't have solutions for that.

Same with vehicles and so on. The more complex, the worse is to find solutions. The problem here, as you open for example, a vehicle file from GTA 5 (the def file), you'll find things like "speed=X". The cheats recognize easily this kind of information. But if they do it in their own encryptation...and using more values, like HP, RPM, Torque, etc, the harder will be to see any kind of hack/cheat.

In almost every lobbie there's this problem.

Meanwhile...

So with this in mind, I wish you all in advance a happy new year :santa:

and those who are already in 2017^^

Edited by Khephera_87_GER

You can make only 200k per hour. Anything beyond that will ban you. It's just an example, considering the most effective way. Make it to a point, that, for example, moneydrop of 2k/seg, which means 120k in only one minute (!) impossible to use. Cheats won't be effective anymore.

Now, the hit-point system. Anything that hits the player will count. If something hits but doesn't count, it's a cheat. Lag works different here.

And, anything that is attached to game or any of its files (for example, .dll) will count as hack too, since nothing could be attached to the game when runing, besides SC, and, in some cases, Steam. Consider "offical" values too, so, for example, a value like 15k (from a moneybag) will be unknown for the game, and it won't register. And, if they try to use "official" values, we're back at money/time rule.

At object spawner, the same thing happens: if a cheater try to spawn an object (as a part of the game), the game will consider it as official or not. Official in this case, means objects that can be spawned by player (fuel cans, soda, hats, etc). Anything out of that list=ban. Easy.

At Godmode, the health wouldn't be simple "health". Divide it into points of the body, and those points with different system: it work as armor. A snowball won't damage it, at all. But a 7.62mm caliber will do. The 7.62 will have "X" penetration, while the body has "Y" armor. Snowballs have 0 penetration, so the "armor" won't be affected. But weapons have some penetration value, and, players, their body, as object, will be a "true" hit point. Walls and etc will be "false". If a something that has >1 penetration value hits him, that "bullet" will automatically drop his health. It will be "attached" to the bullet and not only the player. His health is divided and considered as "armor", so X bullets will take him down. Easy. Make it complex and they won't have solutions for that.

Same with vehicles and so on. The more complex, the worse is to find solutions. The problem here, as you open for example, a vehicle file from GTA 5 (the def file), you'll find things like "speed=X". The cheats recognize easily this kind of information. But if they do it in their own encryptation...and using more values, like HP, RPM, Torque, etc, the harder will be to see any kind of hack/cheat.

Generally i agree, but 200k/h is beatable. Psj takes about an hour if you're with good people and can net you more than 600k if you're an asshole and give yourself 70%. I'd say the limit should be something like 1m/h. That way they'd also slow down the psj repeat exploit (there's no way they're not aware of this. my guess is they can't fix it, otherwise they'd have done so. hopefully they'll come up with a solution to that someday). Also, they'd have to add a system that is able to detect whether a player is selling a duplicated car or not. If they are, either deny the sale or hand out a ban.

inb4 "making money is hard" plebs show up

Edited by update_lsc
  • Like 2

Generally i agree, but 200k/h is beatable. Psj takes about an hour if you're with good people and can net you more than 600k if you're an asshole and give yourself 70%. I'd say the limit should be something like 1m/h. That way they'd also slow down the psj repeat exploit (there's no way they're not aware of this. my guess is they can't fix it, otherwise they'd have done so. hopefully they'll come up with a solution to that someday). Also, they'd have to add a system that is able to detect whether a player is selling a duplicated car or not. If they are, either deny the sale or hand out a ban.

Yeah, it is, was just an example of how big is the difference between legal and illegal ways. Putting a limit there means using cheats or not will give the same result. It means too, that, for example, if you use teleport to do missions quicker, you'll reach the limit too and get caught. Selling cars and its limits work at same way: a car with exaclty the same modifications, colors, etc, will be caught.

Money making is, in fact, easy: the problem are overpriced things. I believe, if there was no way to use cheats/hacks to give you money, people will need to work, and find out things overpriced, and so, stop playing it. They'll need to lower the prices, or the prices of Sharkcards, or things like Premium accounts to keep people on.

Edited by Polaco

In almost every lobbie there's this problem.

Meanwhile...

So with this in mind, I wish you all in advance a happy new year :santa:and those who are already in 2017^^

Holy hell, those explosions and that weird song

Stuck in my had now :/

That is the kind of modder/script kiddie/Chester/whatever we're calling them I hate

That interferes with everyone else's fun

Diana McFarland

Mathematically everyone makes the same amount of money if you factor in setup costs for the leader and the payments from the set ups that the accomplices get.

if anybody's an asshole; it's the people still expecting the leader to give an even split to them ONTOP of the fact that they got paid for the set up missions while the leader didn't...

what kind of crap is that.

All the heists Ive done; Ive left the splits the way Rockstar intended.

Because they're mathematically even.

Just happened. Got killed by a super powered coyote.

te03ky2.jpg

As much as i hate everyone and everything about modding.

i giggled way too hard at this.

The jet troll and bully gets trolled by modder. What Diana, can't handle being trolled yourself?

I'll buy that modder a beer.

oh yeah.

i just got crashed maybe an hour ago.

even more so, ive been crashed by a modders Ive told that im reporting, atleast 20 times this past 4 months.

Every single session with 20 people minimum.

there always 1 modder.

and its hilarious because i thought there was going to be a banwave with the most recent update/DLC.

but no.

Rockstar is literally doing NOTHING about modders.

i report everyone and anybody i see abusing the game in any way shape or form; only to log on and see them STILL doing it, with no hope of being banned.

I HATE anybody who mods in any game Especially this one.

0 tolerance.

Thats why i feel no anger towards Rockstar when they Jack the prices up on the new DLC items.

all these losers hack and the people who aren't hacking, are hanging out with modders, and asking them for money.

its so fkign sickening.

There is a banwave going on? Still running into cheaters in almost every public lobby, although I only played a couple times the last two weeks.

This just happened yesterday during a car meeting when suddenly a cheater starts dropping money and spawning stuff. At least he was a friendly one.

I'll gladly lose out on a few frames per second & not be able to play as Iron Man in SP uf it means I dont have to put up with that crap.

Yeah, PC does have more than it's fair share of cheaters, but you know what? I wouldn't change it for the world.

X7xEdeU.jpg

zzs051d.jpg

#REALmodders

• Like 2

CrookByDaBook4

Where do i start..

Let's make this clear. Modders create mods, mods are for singleplayer. Modding is great and opens completely new ways to play the game. Trainers aren't mods. They're cheats. People who use them are cheaters, or scriptkiddies.

Also, i don't know what game you're playing. Since the banwaves started one or two weeks ago, the numbers of cheaters went down by at least 95%. I've not seen a single time trial cheater again, i've not seen a single spawned car in any of my garages ever since, i've not seen ANY form of cheating in a public session. Are you sure you didn't forget to post this 3-4 weeks ago and just remembered to do that now?

I think your the one who is wrong, the Cheaters are in every lobby creating chaos one way or another. Money falling every where, stun guns, boats, subs and airplanes in the streets, People losing all their guns and tanks spawning it's pure mayhem.

• Like 2

Mathematically everyone makes the same amount of money if you factor in setup costs for the leader and the payments from the set ups that the accomplices get.

if anybody's an asshole; it's the people still expecting the leader to give an even split to them ONTOP of the fact that they got paid for the set up missions while the leader didn't...

what kind of crap is that.

All the heists Ive done; Ive left the splits the way Rockstar intended.

Because they're mathematically even.

lol no, they're not. 40/20/20/20 is the most fair cut you can do. let's take psj as an example. 40% for the host makes them 400k profit. members get 250k if it's set to 20%, add 5x25k to that, and you'll see that the cuts are almost even.

Super Gran Turismo

Reading all of this craziness like the fire breathing mecha and the flying idiot trying to steal MC supplies makes me wish my computer wasn't as fartastic so I could get in on the fun.

Before anyone says it, hell no I'm not transferring any of my characters to that death trap. I'd go in fresh.

Where do i start..

Let's make this clear. Modders create mods, mods are for singleplayer. Modding is great and opens completely new ways to play the game. Trainers aren't mods. They're cheats. People who use them are cheaters, or scriptkiddies.

Also, i don't know what game you're playing. Since the banwaves started one or two weeks ago, the numbers of cheaters went down by at least 95%. I've not seen a single time trial cheater again, i've not seen a single spawned car in any of my garages ever since, i've not seen ANY form of cheating in a public session. Are you sure you didn't forget to post this 3-4 weeks ago and just remembered to do that now?

people who create mods are worse in not just as bad as the people using them.

crap is pointless.

literally only ruins the game

Yes, I agree.

Yeah, f*ck anyone who wants to make their FoV higher than Rockstar's restrictive max setting. They should just deal with it giving them nausea.

GWnhVhb.jpg

• Like 2

People will always do what they have done their whole life and existence try and find the easiest way to do something and gaining the upper hand. I am usually all for modding and i do mod myself but this has gone way out of hand it is one thing to mod a car/plane or whatever but to make a mod just for trolling people online that is another idea. And ok just make one mod but always fixing it to the point that i will work in the new patch is just too much. And yes the same people who mod cars/stuff have made godmod ,explosive rounds and so on. So they are too blame in a way but the biggest problem here is Rockstar. Their lack of anti-cheat is the reason the game is in this state. I think the problem is in the way they made the game from what i know GTA Online wasn't planned from the beginning it was something they did in later stages so in that way they didn't plan it well like a stand alone game. So no anti-cheat no dedicated servers (we have P2P servers). In order to fix cheating they have to start from scratch and make it with a proper anti-cheat and implementing good types of encryptions and servers. Which will not happen in its current state at least from my knowledge as a programmer myself i think it will take too much money and effort to fix it might be cheaper to just make a new game.

There is a banwave going on? Still running into cheaters in almost every public lobby, although I only played a couple times the last two weeks.

This just happened yesterday during a car meeting when suddenly a cheater starts dropping money and spawning stuff. At least he was a friendly one.

lol the fq2 at the end

• Like 1

Money dropping cheaters are trolls in disguise, killing two things:

1: Your (potential) desire to keep playing the game through progression unlocks. How? You will not get the dopamine released in your brain when you complete a task and get paid for it.*

2: The game itself. Again, Rockstar, Take2, or their shareholders are not running a charity here, and we are not entitled to GTA Online. It is vital that the economy works as well as it can for all of us to continue to enjoy content, and more of it, with better quality than what we have gotten thus far. Want a better GTA Online? Better servers, more human oversight, more developers creating assets, a shiny new helicopter? Don't use a modmenu, partake in cheating, or make excuses for cheaters here. It's just that simple.

Cheaters almost universally proclaim "they are the good kind of cheater" who helps, creates unique gameplay elements impossible otherwise, etc. It remains that they are compromising the system in a way that was not intended by the developers, or the vast majority of consumers. Even if we could get everyone here to agree on some framework of morality (good luck) as it applies to how we can play the game together, there is no check or balance against when this supposedly "good" individual decides to abuse the system for their own gain, or the approval of their sympathizers in a way that is detrimental to others, even if they do not see the harm that they are causing. The only "fair" option I could see would be a voluntary choice per account, made once and irrevocable, to go into another pool of lobbies, like (but not neccessarily) the Bad Sport lobby pool and be able to explore all the gameplay elements that you enjoy, without interfering with the fun of others who did not consent to them.

*Sources:

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JosephKim/20140323/213728/The_Compulsion_Loop_Explained.php?print=1

https://www.addiction.com/3444/effects-process-addiction/

Watching modders fight each other would be highly entertaining... in fact, I'd probably turn it into a new adversary mode available to play on all platforms, it certainly wouldn't unbalance adversary modes any more.

• Like 1

Where do i start..

crap is pointless.

Yes, I agree.

I'd just like to point out at this juncture that none of the mods available via these forums or GTA5Mods even work online, thanks to ScripthookV automatically CTD'ing the game upon attempting to connect to GTAO. So anyone caught using mods/trainers online have deliberately gone to the effort to do so. Armed with this knowledge, please explain to me again how I and others like me are evil. Fact is, you can take my Adder monster truck, my PMP600 and my extended wardrobe, but only from my cold, dead hands.

Note: I am fully aware of R* banning people for using visual tweaks such as SweetFX and even other applications such as Discord, but that is entirely down to their own dim-witted cheat detection.

Diana McFarland

Where do i start..

crap is pointless.

Yes, I agree.
I'd just like to point out at this juncture that none of the mods available via these forums or GTA5Mods even work online, thanks to ScripthookV automatically CTD'ing the game upon attempting to connect to GTAO. So anyone caught using mods/trainers online have deliberately gone to the effort to do so. Armed with this knowledge, please explain to me again how I and others like me are evil. Fact is, you can take my Adder monster truck, my PMP600 and my extended wardrobe, but only from my cold, dead hands.

Note: I am fully aware of R* banning people for using visual tweaks such as SweetFX and even other applications such as Discord, but that is entirely down to their own dim-witted cheat detection.

eh, idrc what you do.

they think tis wrong and i do to.

so telling me it isn't really won't solve anything.

If/when you get banned; the proof/reason will be starring you in the face.

You still didn't tell scalliano what they are doing wrong, beyond saying 'Rockstar thinks it is wrong (this is incorrect by the by) and I don't have the mental capacity for free thought so I just go with what they say'.

Diana McFarland

You still didn't tell scalliano what they are doing wrong, beyond saying 'Rockstar thinks it is wrong (this is incorrect by the by) and I don't have the mental capacity for free thought so I just go with what they say'.

They(scalliano) said that they are aware that Rockstar is banning people for using Mods.

so i told them that if they get banned, because modding is wrong and the Rockstar banning system thinks it is too. that it's their fault and their banning was correct.

Play stupid games; you win stupid prizes.

alter the game in anyways; you get banned.