2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA online PC- out of control modding

nick838321

Diana McFarland

oh yeah.

i just got crashed maybe an hour ago.

even more so, ive been crashed by a modders Ive told that im reporting, atleast 20 times this past 4 months.

Every single session with 20 people minimum.

there always 1 modder.

and its hilarious because i thought there was going to be a banwave with the most recent update/DLC.

but no.

Rockstar is literally doing NOTHING about modders.

i report everyone and anybody i see abusing the game in any way shape or form; only to log on and see them STILL doing it, with no hope of being banned.

I HATE anybody who mods in any game Especially this one.

0 tolerance.

Thats why i feel no anger towards Rockstar when they Jack the prices up on the new DLC items.

all these losers hack and the people who aren't hacking, are hanging out with modders, and asking them for money.

its so fkign sickening.

Edited by Diana McFarland

One of the major reasons I stopped PC gaming ages ago, it doesn't matter what game nor what company made the game there always has been and always will be modders.

From Quake III auto aiming mods to America's Army having soldiers that could fly and walk on air. GtaOnline is just one title affected by modders in a big way.

Additionally, PC Gaming computers are a money pit, always upgrading parts like graphic cards, or adding memory etc...

Last game I played on PC was Thief III only because it sucked on console and was SP.

My advice, stop playing on PC and switch to XB1 or PS4.

Not to sound like a 'PC Master Race' person but things have changed a lot since Thief III. Pretty much every game has some level of anti-cheat now.

GTA Online is the only game where I've seen a cheater more than once.
  • Like 1

Haha, i find it funny when people think those who drop money are the good ones. Keep picking it up and spending it, won't take long for your ban to show up. And then it's bye bye characters.

No, Ive been on every day at some point since Christmas, and after/during Christmas people have been going bonkers with it. Money lobby after money lobby, and remember it's on pc. I do know people are using the Nova 2.0 menu as well as the Sirius menu, the Sirius one being the heavier and more risky menu in GTAO

Nah, i'm playing everyday as well, scriptkiddies became WAY less common.

Also, free trainers lol, may as well ask for a ban right away.

Stop spreading misinformation. You claim to play every day, yet you even get this simple fact wrong. Noone has ever been banned just from recieving money in a public lobby. Money wipe? Yes maybe. Ban? No. Not at all.

Back when the first VIP update dropped I was granted a huge sum by a modder which allowed me to buy a fully equipped Yacht and Luxor deluxe. (I have had 2m legit before the update dropped). I have never ever had any sort of ban, money wipe or something else. And it sill happens. Since Import/Export I have recieved maybe 300k in illegitimate funds and still. No ban, no wipe. Might be different if you actually beg for it or join a money dropping lobby, but if you're a legit guy geting money by a random stranger in FM you have nothing to fear.

no, yours are misinformations.

it's a fact that many people got banned for getting and spending modded money after the bikers update!

you should have read all of the whining and moaning in several forums and on the rockstar support after that ban wave.

just because you haven't been affected by that ban wave doesn't mean it wasn't there.

there are always some lucky exceptions who don't get banned like the others.

No, no, no! Don't question him! He didn't get banned, so nobody did! Everybody who says you get banned for spending cheated cash is a liar!

/sarcasm. It's common sense. But there will always be people who have no clue what they're talking about.

No, no, no! Don't question him! He didn't get banned, so nobody did! Everybody who says you get banned for spending cheated cash is a liar!

/sarcasm. It's common sense. But there will always be people who have no clue what they're talking about.

Actually that guy's a genius. An honourable brother.

So, I think you're just a bit confused.

• Like 2

Diana McFarland

Where do i start..

Let's make this clear. Modders create mods, mods are for singleplayer. Modding is great and opens completely new ways to play the game. Trainers aren't mods. They're cheats. People who use them are cheaters, or scriptkiddies.

Also, i don't know what game you're playing. Since the banwaves started one or two weeks ago, the numbers of cheaters went down by at least 95%. I've not seen a single time trial cheater again, i've not seen a single spawned car in any of my garages ever since, i've not seen ANY form of cheating in a public session. Are you sure you didn't forget to post this 3-4 weeks ago and just remembered to do that now?

people who create mods are worse in not just as bad as the people using them.

crap is pointless.

literally only ruins the game

• Like 1

SkylineGTRFreak

Actually that guy's a genius. An honourable brother.

So, I think you're just a bit confused.

A helicopter brother so to say. Not scooter brothers, but heli brothers. Hunting the Vice City heli spirit.

update_lsc just takes it all too seriously.

• Like 3

Where do i start..

Let's make this clear. Modders create mods, mods are for singleplayer. Modding is great and opens completely new ways to play the game. Trainers aren't mods. They're cheats. People who use them are cheaters, or scriptkiddies.

Also, i don't know what game you're playing. Since the banwaves started one or two weeks ago, the numbers of cheaters went down by at least 95%. I've not seen a single time trial cheater again, i've not seen a single spawned car in any of my garages ever since, i've not seen ANY form of cheating in a public session. Are you sure you didn't forget to post this 3-4 weeks ago and just remembered to do that now?

crap is pointless.

mods=/=cheats, k? this is literally the problem you people have. cheats aren't mods.

mod:

cheat:

Edited by update_lsc

Modders=/=cheaters. Please understand it. I'm a modder, but I'm not a cheater. I made mods for games, but not hacks or anything else. Please don't ruin our reputation by calling those f*ckers as "Modders" too. They are immature people, who don't give a f*ck about anything beside their ass. There's no respect.

Now, I'd call R* another bitch. First, they wipe away everything that could give players cash by illegal manners, but do not take a single action against players using Godmode, explosive rounds and everything else? IMHO they aren't incompetent, just don't give a f*ck about this, aswell to bugs/glitches, unless they give money to players in an easier way. I'm against any kind or type of hacks. At all.

First yeah, I know a lot here used illegal ways (such as hack or exploit) to get more money easily. I won't blame completely you guys, but you gotta understand that, at first, as more people use it and get things easier in-game, more they sell those things, and then, more overpriced things they add. No supply if there's no demand. And I know, you need to consider people who pay for Cashcards, I mean, Shark Cards, but, I believe, if we consider how many people paid for modded accounts, used glitch/hacks to get illegal money, this is part is much greater than who paid for those microtransactions. This means a much greater influence from those, a bigger demand.

And that's all, I think.

Diana McFarland

Where do i start..

crap is pointless.

mods=/=cheats, k?

mod:

cheat:

Mod = gateway

the same people whoa re making 'mods' are literally the ones making the online cheats that are distributed on the cheat forum websites.

you can see their background information in their profile descriptions

Where do i start..

crap is pointless.

mods=/=cheats, k?

mod:

cheat:

Mod = gateway

the same people whoa re making 'mods' are literally the ones making the online cheats that are distributed on the cheat forum websites.

fair enough.

Edited by update_lsc

crap is pointless.

That's pretty rude to the large community of dedicated people GTA's had for years modding the game to create new and interesting scenarios. Rockstar themselves have shown some appreciation of the modding community iirc, with the 'carmageddon mod' being showcased on the newswire at some point? There's even a subsection dedicated to it on this site - no need to deem the work of people who aren't ruining anyone else's game as pointless or game-ruining.

xX09Xrv.jpg

• Like 2

Diana McFarland

crap is pointless.

That's pretty rude to the large community of dedicated people GTA's had for years modding the game to create new and interesting scenarios. Rockstar themselves have shown some appreciation of the modding community iirc, with the 'carmageddon mod' being showcased on the newswire at some point? There's even a subsection dedicated to it on this site - no need to deem the work of people who aren't ruining anyone else's game as pointless or game-ruining.

xX09Xrv.jpg

'I was trying mods out in single player and i went to online and then i got banned'

50% of the people complaining about being banned Rockstar support forums.

dont give me tht crap.

you can even go check for yourself.

So because people use SP modding as an excuse to try to get out of a ban means that all SP modding is evil?

SkylineGTRFreak

Where do i start..

crap is pointless.

mods=/=cheats, k? this is literally the problem you people have. cheats aren't mods.

mod:

cheat:

Well... https://www.gta5-mods.com/users/SkylineGTRFreak/files

But I still call Them modders. You know what tho? Let's just agree to disagree (also on that other aspect). Otherwise the bitching will just continue without result.

• Like 2

Where do i start..

crap is pointless.

mod:

cheat:

Well... https://www.gta5-mods.com/users/SkylineGTRFreak/files

But I still call Them modders. You know what tho? Let's just agree to disagree (also on that other aspect). Otherwise the bitching will just continue without result.

...and you're wrong, period.

Mod = gateway

Let me try to explain in another way:

Mods are, initially, used to make a game more fun, to adapt real-life things or add them, or even to fix something in-game. They are used in SP games, and there's no advantage over other players, since you're in Single Player.

They could be from a car to a script. A person like me, who make vehicles, usually don't make scripts, but even if this Modder does, he make for his own vehicle, to adapt it with other mods, to make extra features, like a new type of light, spoiler, weapon (military vehicles), etc. We try to reproduce the reality inside the game, and, since it could give us an advantage or anything else, we use it in Single Player only. Even R* confirmed that, Mods used in SP won't get you banned Online IFF they are used only in SP (and uninstalled before go Online).

Cheaters are people who try to find a way to obtain (usually by programs) advantage over other players, either to make the game easier for them or just troll others. These are Cheaters, not Modders.

What happened, mostly in GTA:O, was that, when the game got released for PC, there were mods for SP which Cheaters found a way to be used in Online. But who created them? Modders. For what? For Single Player. An evil-minded use of those Mods doesn't make Modders bad people, but yes Cheaters.

Edited by Polaco

The Nexus Community would cringe at statements like

"crap is pointless.

literally only ruins the game"

People who put months and years of dedicated work into a total conversion and stuff like that.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37994/?

Literally making new games based on an existing game, creating complete new stories and characters with synchronization, new landscapes, new features from scratch etc.

Yeah, sorry, if you can't appreciate art then that is your problem but saying it is pointless and destroys games is such a shallow and unthought statement.

Putting everything into the same pot and spoiling the soup for everyone is easier than differentiating and actually thinking about what you say..

Edited by Cratoz
  • Like 3

SkylineGTRFreak

Ah, I just love your qualified and factual responses. I rate them 5/7 :D

• Like 2

Diana McFarland

Mod = gateway

Let me try to explain in another way:

Mods are, initially, used to make a game more fun, to adapt real-life things or add them, or even to fix something in-game. They are used in SP games, and there's no advantage over other players, since you're in Single Player.

They could be from a car to a script. A person like me, who make vehicles, usually don't make scripts, but even if this Modder does, he make for his own vehicle, to adapt it with other mods, to make extra features, like a new type of light, spoiler, weapon (military vehicles), etc. We try to reproduce the reality inside the game, and, since it could give us an advantage or anything else, we use it in Single Player only. Even R* confirmed that, Mods used in SP won't get you banned Online IFF they are used only in SP (and uninstalled before go Online).

Cheaters are people who try to find a way to obtain (usually by programs) advantage over other players, either to make the game easier for them or just troll others. These are Cheaters, not Modders.

What happened, mostly in GTA:O, was that, when the game got released for PC, there were mods for SP which Cheaters found a way to be used in Online. But who created them? Modders. For what? For Single Player. An evil-minded use of those Mods doesn't make Modders bad people, but yes Cheaters.

'who created them "in the first place" '? 'modders'

eos. theres the answer, and why they're the root cause.

See, this is the kind of maturity and honour that helisexuals have. They're just ... They're just above pettiness.

• Like 3

Appreciated, mate.

• Like 1

Yes, the people that create mods are modders - by definition. That does not mean that every modder is evil because some people abuse mods online.

And the people who create mods for singleplayer are NOT the root cause of the current state of GTAO on PC - that is Rockstar and their sh*tty excuse for an anti-cheat.

• Like 3

Diana McFarland

The Nexus Community would cringe at statements like

"crap is pointless.

literally only ruins the game"

People who put months and years of dedicated work into a total conversion and stuff like that.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37994/?

Literally making new games based on an existing game, creating complete new stories and characters with synchronization, new landscapes, new features from scratch etc.

Yeah, sorry, if you can't appreciate art then that is your problem but saying it is pointless and destroys games is such a shallow and unthought statement.

Putting everything into the same pot and spoiling the soup for everyone is easier than differentiating and actually thinking about what you say..

that may be the case but..

Sir Golden Gecko

Where do i start..

Because obviously, your experience is what everybody experiences on this game. Thanks Oh great King of GTAO for protecting us from script kiddies.

... Wait no, just in that past week, I got money dropped on me, a bunch of airplanes into my office, a car into my office, a bunch of modded SecuroServ vehicles around my office, an entire session teleported above Alamo Sea. Oh, and I got teleported out of my first Import/Export car before the guy ran off with it. Sure, they went down by 95%. Too bad they go back up once they figure out how to get undetected again.

Just because you haven't seen any cheaters recently doesn't mean they're gone.

Edited by SirGoldenGecko
  • Like 2

We don't create them for that purpose. Are you calling Karl Benz a murderer? Because he invented the first automobile, but many people died in car accidents? Or Gustav Whitehead an assassin? Because after him, many people flew airplanes and, unfortunately, lost their lives? Please...

We create things. If some people see on that, a way to cheat, and do it, it's not our fault. I know many people are very very happy with Mods in SP, and in many other games. We shall not regret our title neither our reputation, because few kids use it in a malicious way.

Who created the mods?

Definitely not people who take the modding seriously.

Again: differentiate

Stop putting everything into the same pot and blame everyone for abusing and creating mods online to grief etc. other people.

People who create mods for Singleplayer are not the root... because they don't create online trainers (for the most part).. bad anti cheat and people that don't care are the problem.

• Like 3

Diana McFarland

We don't create them for that purpose. Are you calling Karl Benz a murderer? Because he invented the first automobile, but many people died in car accidents? Or Gustav Whitehead an assassin? Because after him, many people flew airplanes and, unfortunately, lost their lives? Please...

We create things. If some people see on that, a way to cheat, and do it, it's not our fault. I know many people are very very happy with Mods in SP, and in many other games. We shall not regret our title neither our reputation, because few kids use it in a malicious way.

oh it doesn't matter if its not what you intended for.

simple cause and effect.

oh it doesn't matter if its not what you intended for.

simple cause and effect.

Well, let's think at your way: R* made a game, and people use cheats on it. Not even cheats based on our Mods, but cheates created by Cheaters. If R* did not made the game, there won't be cheaters. And you won't have a "Grand Theft Auto" to play.

"simple cause and effect"...

I can't believe there are still people who think everyone should be punished because of the few who can't respect rules and act properly, according to place and situation. Instead of blaming a company for not fixing the bugs/glitches and making a proper anti-cheat, they blame us, who put a Ferrari 458 Italia into a 3D computer game, the reason of such disorder. Of course our skins/vehicles/scripts/graphics trolled many people in Online mode, killed them and gave us many advantages *Irony*