2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA online PC- out of control modding

nick838321

So Ive noticed since Christmas and basically since 1.37 came out that, on pc, every lobby I get into with 15+ people has at least two or three modders. There are even battles between modders who are using two different ingame menus! It's always exploding rounds and cash falling all over the place and traffic going 100x normal speed or invisible players, anyone else on pc notice this??? Rockstar hasn't done anything about it lol and I'm not taking a side on whether modding is okay in online or not, but my experience since 1.37 has been encountering modders and beggars for cash in every lobby, and I don't see anyone on here talking about it

Our terrible curse,in exchange for better framerate.

But really,it's not that bad.My worst experience was 4 ruined premium races back to back because of raining NPCs with miniguns,tacovans and titans ... I guess it is pretty bad.

This is a big game,i don't think there's anything like it.Rockstar couldn't handle the modding scene.

I still think it's better than 2015 at least.I started playing again after a long brake about a month ago, at least nobody crashed my game,yet.It is getting better.

Edited by Lainathiel

Where do i start..

Let's make this clear. Modders create mods, mods are for singleplayer. Modding is great and opens completely new ways to play the game. Trainers aren't mods. They're cheats. People who use them are cheaters, or scriptkiddies.

Also, i don't know what game you're playing. Since the banwaves started one or two weeks ago, the numbers of cheaters went down by at least 95%. I've not seen a single time trial cheater again, i've not seen a single spawned car in any of my garages ever since, i've not seen ANY form of cheating in a public session. Are you sure you didn't forget to post this 3-4 weeks ago and just remembered to do that now?

Where do i start..

Let's make this clear. Modders create mods, mods are for singleplayer. Modding is great and opens completely new ways to play the game. Trainers aren't mods. They're cheats. People who use them are cheaters, or scriptkiddies.

Also, i don't know what game you're playing. Since the banwaves started one or two weeks ago, the numbers of cheaters went down by at least 95%. I've not seen a single time trial cheater again, i've not seen a single spawned car in any of my garages ever since, i've not seen ANY form of cheating in a public session. Are you sure you didn't forget to post this 3-4 weeks ago and just remembered to do that now?

I dunno, I'm still seeing them, 1 in 3 lobbies seem to have one

Granted majority of the time their actually good as gold. Dropping money and doing their own thing and not interfering (but this has caused many players asking for money -_-)

But the pain in the ass menu user still exists. Been stuck in my office garage after someone spawned a 811 on the stairs

Miniguns with explosive cannon rounds

Locked in a cage (that was weird)

They still exist, but as OP said, they are in greater numbers since this update

No, Ive been on every day at some point since Christmas, and after/during Christmas people have been going bonkers with it. Money lobby after money lobby, and remember it's on pc. I do know people are using the Nova 2.0 menu as well as the Sirius menu, the Sirius one being the heavier and more risky menu in GTAO

Where do i start..

I dunno, I'm still seeing them, 1 in 3 lobbies seem to have one

Granted majority of the time their actually good as gold. Dropping money and doing their own thing and not interfering (but this has caused many players asking for money -_-)

But the pain in the ass menu user still exists. Been stuck in my office garage after someone spawned a 811 on the stairs

Miniguns with explosive cannon rounds

Locked in a cage (that was weird)

They still exist, but as OP said, they are in greater numbers since this update

Haha, i find it funny when people think those who drop money are the good ones. Keep picking it up and spending it, won't take long for your ban to show up. And then it's bye bye characters.

No, Ive been on every day at some point since Christmas, and after/during Christmas people have been going bonkers with it. Money lobby after money lobby, and remember it's on pc. I do know people are using the Nova 2.0 menu as well as the Sirius menu, the Sirius one being the heavier and more risky menu in GTAO

Nah, i'm playing everyday as well, scriptkiddies became WAY less common.

Also, free trainers lol, may as well ask for a ban right away.

I met a guy who invited me in a lobby with two breakers. He was crawling on ground before them, while they sold their products using teleport, begging for money, while they wrote insults to everyone present and behave like d-bags. I left the lobby.

He then pmed me and asked not to take offence at their butthurt-jokes, as they do it all the time. I threw up a little in my mouth at that guys attitude.

The Wandering Hunter

Our terrible curse,in exchange for better framerate.

But really,it's not that bad.My worst experience was 4 ruined premium races back to back because of raining NPCs with miniguns,tacovans and titans ... I guess it is pretty bad.

This is a big game,i don't think there's anything like it.Rockstar couldn't handle the modding scene.

I still think it's better than 2015 at least.I started playing again after a long brake about a month ago, at least nobody crashed my game,yet.It is getting better.

i recon i'd have fun on pc for like 1 minute

There is a banwave going on? Still running into cheaters in almost every public lobby, although I only played a couple times the last two weeks.

This just happened yesterday during a car meeting when suddenly a cheater starts dropping money and spawning stuff. At least he was a friendly one.

There was one who spawned hostile helicopters with a pilot and a gunner for every one in the lobby one time. But all other ive seen are mostly just dropping money for begging kids with god mode turned on.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Your on PC, what did you expect ?

• Like 3

This is a shame because modders have the potential to make the game infinitely more fun by disregarding the restrictions Rockstar has placed.

Remember that one modder who made a huge fire-breathing mecha in the game out of tanks and insurgents and jets and went on a long rampage against the LSPD? That's the only thing I find amusing about GTA PC besides higher quality Snapmatics.

• Like 6

When someone ask "is there a modder? Please drop money" - Yeah i drop a explosion loop at him, go figure they hop session to session and keep asking same question instead of just doing heists...

Where do i start..

You know that, I know that, but I think the terminology is a bit too ingrained by now that pointing it out seems like a losing battle. Damn, I've even caught MYSELF on saying "modder" from time to time. And I have a separate install on PC just for SP mods. And they are indeed great.

There is a banwave going on? Still running into cheaters in almost every public lobby, although I only played a couple times the last two weeks.

This just happened yesterday during a car meeting when suddenly a cheater starts dropping money and spawning stuff. At least he was a friendly one.

I've noticed these modders are also creative in trolling players in public sessions. Last night someone was dropping dead pigeons over my head.

R* made a good anti-cheat improvement in Bikers update, but completely forgot in the last ones.

• Like 3

pc-gaming-master-race.jpg

soo many times i have been close to buying the upgrades for my pc so im able to run gta on it, but then i see this stuff and i remember why i stopped playing pc gta games in general hahaha

SkylineGTRFreak

Haha, i find it funny when people think those who drop money are the good ones. Keep picking it up and spending it, won't take long for your ban to show up. And then it's bye bye characters.

Stop spreading misinformation. You claim to play every day, yet you even get this simple fact wrong. Noone has ever been banned just from recieving money in a public lobby. Money wipe? Yes maybe. Ban? No. Not at all.

Back when the first VIP update dropped I was granted a huge sum by a modder which allowed me to buy a fully equipped Yacht and Luxor deluxe. (I have had 2m legit before the update dropped). I have never ever had any sort of ban, money wipe or something else. And it sill happens. Since Import/Export I have recieved maybe 300k in illegitimate funds and still. No ban, no wipe. Might be different if you actually beg for it or join a money dropping lobby, but if you're a legit guy geting money by a random stranger in FM you have nothing to fear.

• Like 1

I think you're not seeing time trial cheaters (and I'm not either) because now time trials can be run in a solo lobby (including invite-only). No reason for them to risk getting reported (and frankly the main reason they bothered me was the spamming of the notification feed).

Like most of the others, I'm still seeing plenty of other cheaters in freeroam though.

When someone ask "is there a modder? Please drop money" - Yeah i drop a explosion loop at him, go figure they hop session to session and keep asking same question instead of just doing heists...

Yeah dude, I'm sure you're the most heroic cheater there ever was. I'm so glad we have you to decide who should have their online experience ruined. What a guy.

Edited by Deadly Target

I've removed a few posts...if you're going to go the way of quote trains, at least be civil and on topic.

Thanks!

• Like 2

gwZr6Zc.png

I've met lots of friendly people in my life. None of them have ever dropped an airplane on me. If I had to deal with that sh*t on a regular basis, I'd literally sell my game. I have no idea what they get out of doing sh*t like that.

• Like 1

It's such a shame that there are modders still out there who try to ruin the gameplay. I've seen people playing against each other with mods even in Freeroam and Lobbies. IDK really why people take a game so seriously. Also, isn't the banwave still on? Rockstar seems to be really lousy with it these days.

0rTqlCW.png

i5 10400F • MSI Z490-A PRO • XPG 16GB DDR4 3000MHz •

MSI RX 570 4GB • NZXT H510 • Cooler Master MWE 650 V2

Yeah, PC has a lot of modders unfortunately.

Things seemed pretty clear for the first week or two after the big cash wipe, but since then it seems I run into at least 1 per day. It's about 50/50 with the "drop money for people" type and the "actively grief people" type. My favorite, though, was some level 8000 jackass who was flying all around, using godmode, explosive bullets on a minigun, who kept killing me while I was doing a supply run for one of my MC businesses. Why was he my favorite? Because after this genius killed me, he kept trying to steal the drugs, and actually asked in chat "How do I pick them up?". Though both times I've had to deal with these types of griefers, I've managed to get my supplies back because they were too stupid to realized they were supposed to destroy them, and both times they responded by taking all of my weapons away. Oddly enough, these cheaters have actually cost me around 300k to replace the ammo that disappears for some reason when the weapon wheel is stripped.

Though, it seems like there's a new person popping into the lobby every hour just to ask "Any modders around to drop money?" It seems like there's just entirely too many people who look at Jimmy De Santa as a role model.

Stop spreading misinformation. You claim to play every day, yet you even get this simple fact wrong. Noone has ever been banned just from recieving money in a public lobby. Money wipe? Yes maybe. Ban? No. Not at all.

Back when the first VIP update dropped I was granted a huge sum by a modder which allowed me to buy a fully equipped Yacht and Luxor deluxe. (I have had 2m legit before the update dropped). I have never ever had any sort of ban, money wipe or something else. And it sill happens. Since Import/Export I have recieved maybe 300k in illegitimate funds and still. No ban, no wipe. Might be different if you actually beg for it or join a money dropping lobby, but if you're a legit guy geting money by a random stranger in FM you have nothing to fear.

no, yours are misinformations.

it's a fact that many people got banned for getting and spending modded money after the bikers update!

you should have read all of the whining and moaning in several forums and on the rockstar support after that ban wave.

just because you haven't been affected by that ban wave doesn't mean it wasn't there.

there are always some lucky exceptions who don't get banned like the others.

Aw this makes me want to pick up a copy for my PC

#goodmodder'sexist

#modders

• Like 1

So Ive noticed since Christmas and basically since 1.37 came out that, on pc, every lobby I get into with 15+ people has at least two or three modders. There are even battles between modders who are using two different ingame menus! It's always exploding rounds and cash falling all over the place and traffic going 100x normal speed or invisible players, anyone else on pc notice this??? Rockstar hasn't done anything about it lol and I'm not taking a side on whether modding is okay in online or not, but my experience since 1.37 has been encountering modders and beggars for cash in every lobby, and I don't see anyone on here talking about it

I find your thread interesting, OP. Non-sarcastic question, do you read GTA Forums very much? I see this brought up again and again, but when you say "I don't see anyone on here talking about it" I'm not sure I understand how you've missed it. It's a huge, well known issue. I'm not enough of an expert on the subject, and I'd love to hear someone's opinion on whether or not the oft-repeated rumor of the peer to peer nature of the game inherently making it vulnerable to mod menus and so on, if this is actually true or if there is hope for the future.

To be clear, I agree that the modmenu use has been out of hand, in my view it's always been bad on PC, particularly since the release of the Bikers DLC in terms of sheer number of folks getting away with craziness. It's actually worse than it was on PS3, I think just for the reason of how easy it is to merely apply software rather than any hardware modification on a console, from something as easy as a USB stick or a physical chip. The common refrain from many vocal forum users here has been that it's not much of an issue on PC and they are rarer than what you (and I) have observed and have been saying. I've put a bit of thought into statements like these, it's a bit too easy to just say these people are wrong, or trolling for having this opinion. It's possible they're having a different experience than I am.

I have a (very) high rank character. Though it is legit since I've transferred twice and have always enjoyed the grind with a crew that helps me and vice versa, I am asked continuously for money drops since people just assume that I am a cheater. Further, since the CEO update specifically, public lobbies have become a necessity to enjoy the latest content for progression. This forces us to constantly be aware of characters teleporting around the map, popping people out of their vehicles, etc, since it destroys the fun we are trying to have, with no recourse other than to split the lobby and try again. I'm very frustated to see people I -know- have done nothing intentionally wrong trigger the anticheat protections somehow, without an explanation of what software did it, banning (wiping) "innocent" players while the blight of mod menu cheaters continues unabated. A big part of the fun of the game is progression, and the aloof way these people (like Bitsey from her reported Christmas Day ban experience) get wiped without recourse. It should be concerning to you.

As for what causes character wipes, we can talk about subjective experiences, but in the end it's speculation about what actually causes bans. I can tell you what I tell my crew, if you see someone teleport to you or start dropping money, go immediately to single player since that is the fastest way to exit, instead of spending a few seconds in the menus to report them or use the online tab to find a new session. Why? The insurance fraud method was previously able to wipe out a character's bank account of millions in those few seconds, and also put you in a bad sport lobby, excommunicating you from your friends.

Finally: Let's not be too hasty to demonize Rockstar here. It's not their intention for their player base to have anything but a good time. Their profit model depends on the value of money and assets earned by grinders being coveted by "whale" players. We don't even know if those battling this epidemic were responsible for the initial code vulnerabilities to begin with. Simply put, if GTA Online was a sh*tty game, no one would care enough to assemble the cottage industry of paid mod menus and their legions of script kiddy users. It is a glorious game, perhaps the best online experience ever made, in my opinion. I'd like them to deal with this and work on putting in more content for more profit under the current system.

I'll close this TLDR bait with this: "You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation." -Plato. We can joke about it, but GTA Online is important, and finding a fix to this issue is directly relevant to the future success of the game, and future projects like it. That is my honest opinion. It's perfectly acceptable to be passionate about it and want it to be better.

We should be critical about what we love.

Edited by daricusGTA
  • Like 2

aaronBLUEeyes

One of the major reasons I stopped PC gaming ages ago, it doesn't matter what game nor what company made the game there always has been and always will be modders.

From Quake III auto aiming mods to America's Army having soldiers that could fly and walk on air. GtaOnline is just one title affected by modders in a big way.

Additionally, PC Gaming computers are a money pit, always upgrading parts like graphic cards, or adding memory etc...

Last game I played on PC was Thief III only because it sucked on console and was SP.

My advice, stop playing on PC and switch to XB1 or PS4.

SkylineGTRFreak

no, yours are misinformations.

it's a fact that many people got banned for getting and spending modded money after the bikers update!

you should have read all of the whining and moaning in several forums and on the rockstar support after that ban wave.

just because you haven't been affected by that ban wave doesn't mean it wasn't there.

there are always some lucky exceptions who don't get banned like the others.

Most People whining on RS support or so have been modding themselves or "dindu nuffin'".

Be it reddit, Steam forums or on here. On every guy who claims he's been banned strictly for collecting money there are 10 guys who claim they didn't. Even Rockstar themselves once stated that if you simply received money you don't have to fear a ban. They didn't even want you to necessarily report it.