1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Top Five Worst Purchases You've Ever Made

Misa.And.Her.Hubby

Misa.And.Her.Hubby

This is inspired by another thread "Top Ten Best Purchases You've Ever Made".

Talking about worst purchases, I assume you love most of what you bought so here is a list for five only.

My list:

5. Stilt House

The house itself is OK. But driving on the hill is a pain. I keep it because it's my first property.

4. Weazel Plaza

After the purchase I realized that I need no more than one apartment (3 Alta St) in the city. Then I traded it for a house in Paleto Bay.

3. Brawler.

In my opinion it's the most ugly vehicle ever in the world. I bought it because it's the fastest offroad car. Since I found my bike is usable in offroad races, I sold it.

2. Meth Business

The employee's uniform freaked me out. I hate chemistry. After buying a coke business I wish I could sell this one.

1. Savage.

As a noob I cannot handle it. It kills me more than it kills my targets. It's a flying coffin rather than a flying tank.

Edited by Misa.And.Her.Hubby
  • Like 3

1. Savage.

As a noob I cannot handle it. It kills me more than it kills my targets. It's a flying coffin rather than a flying tank.

Even the best helicopter pilots around aren't as powerful as they should be in that (thanks

).

But yeah, takes ages to get the most out of it you can (which even then, isn't that much).

Heli-b*tching aside ... Hard to say. I've bought so much cr*p over the years - so many variations of buses, etc.

While I can't bring myself to call it a bad purchase (because I love the thing), in a way I probably shouldn't have bought the Valkyrie - I hardly ever get to use it, which is a shame, since it's got a decent range cannon.

We had this discussion many, many, many, many times.

But it's still fun to revisit! :)

5. Yacht

Fun for about 10 minutes, but a pricetag to choke on forever.

4. House in the Hills/Stilt House
Here's a great idea, let's not connect the house and the garage!

3. The Marshall
I already had the Liberator, and word on the street was you could store the Marshall in your garage. Um, no.

2. Rhino Tank

Sure, it's a ton of fun... until you realize that NPCs and cops intentionally drive into you, and blowing up player PVs just lands you in Bad Sport.

1. The Dump
I've told the tale before: after grinding my first two million, I bought the Dump for $1M, thinking it would be so much fun to cruise through LS in a giant, metal monster that surely no one could blow up and which would flatten anything in its path. And then, I could have all my friends climb in the back and I could dump them out for laughs! However, the armor rating on this POS is -80%, it drives slower than the sun moves in GTA, it explodes if you graze another vehicle, and worst of all: The Dump doesn't even dump! Biggest waste of money in the game, to date.

BONUS POS: The Luxor Deluxe
Holy get rid of glitched money, fast! I've called on this useless piece of junk twice. Where's the 14 day return policy, Rockstar? huh?

Cheers!

See the pretty Dump trucks parked so tightly!

0_0.jpg

See the pretty Dump trucks burn so brightly!

0_0.jpg

Edited by fw3
  • Like 6

Diana McFarland

1. Ruiner 5000

2. Nero (adder v2) i upgraded it to the performance package and immediately disliked all of it. and there's now ay to remove it so i had to sell it back and buy another...'

3. EVERY Pegasus Vehicle that aren't the Hydra/Buzzard/Savage/Flying Bravo

4. The MC businesses.. (i literally only hang out in my MC office)

5. (can't think of a 5th)

Nah - don't get the point of you "stil-house-haters" - for me as a helisexual-heist-gal the stilt is a must have to do the Pacific and Humane for easy Elite and a plus on 100k tbh. 2045 - nothing more to say here!!

OT:

Liberator
Marshal
Dump Truck
Rhino
MC-businesses

^^just my list :)

• Like 3

1) Stilt Houses - ended up being kind of an inconvenience to me

2) Crate warehouse - might seem weird to some but I never found it to be profitable or enjoyable)

3) Franken Stange - aka boat car that i drove for 20 minutes and never touched it again

4) Voodoo custom - horrible car

5) Slamvan custom - nice car but again did not drive it much and was super expensive

I always take my time when it comes to buying things in GTA .... to date I don´t regret ANYTHING I bought in GTA , I even still like the cars that I sold (Dubsta 6x6 or the BF raptor )

well maybe the only thing that I´ve bought and didn´t use at all (if you call it a regret ) is the Marshall , I´ve bought it because of the Hydra glitch on PC months ago ( PC users used to obtain a hydra for 500k instead of the Marshall just after a quick restart of the Game, but It has been patched afterward) ... but then , it s a monster track , I don´t hate it ....

the other things that I´ve bought and don´t use anymore are the counterfeit cash business on route 68 , and a small crates warehouse (after buying the largest one) .... but then I earned money with them so I don t regret buying them ....

PS : I regret having the Mini SMG , but that was the first MG that I could buy with a low level so....not a big big regret ...

Edited by nido997

Weekendwarrior

1)Office garage. I didn't check properly beforehand and assumed it was 20 cars all on one floor. My mistake. The reason why I wanted it was because I wanted to see all my favourite cars together and 10 car garage at Alta Street wasn't enough so now it's even worst because there's only like 7/6 per floor.

2)Meth Lab. At first it was a good buy then the nerf came. I saw MC businesses as side income, so I buy all my supplies and focused on CEO. After the nerf I was losing money on every sale from my meth lab. Broke even by about 200-300k only before I had to close it.

3)A whole lot of cars/bikes I tested hastily and took other people's word that they were good but it turns out wasn't as good as I thought after buying and upgrading. Wasted millions here

4)Rebuying the FMJ when it was on discount. I thought after some time I might rediscover the magic that made me choose this as my first super and 1mil++ buy. Instead it reminded me of one of the reasons why I sold it in the first place.

5))Compact rifle and sweeper shotgun. I thought it would be great on bikes. But after somr use I find I prefer Stickies/AP pistol/Compact grenade launcher. Now they're stuck forever in my weapon wheel when doing heists and missions

Honorable mention would be my first apartment 'The Royale' where the stripper Sapphire stays. I really like that one but I didn't know you needed a high end apartment for heists at that time. And considering I was just starting I really didn't have a lot of money to waste. But since I like it and its very nostalgic when I think about so I don't really regret it that much.

Thankfully I'm not so reckless with money IRL

1 MC biz. Don't get me wrong. I actually love the idea of an MC biz and crew. But the single worst thing about that and F+F is those f*cking agonisingly slow selling missions. Seriously, we are supposed to think that a highly criminal empire would sell drugs in a f*cking painfully slow postal van whilst giving ourselves a time limit???

2 Any Benny's vehicle. These things really do look awesome,but I have bought three and hugely regretted every one once I saw my bank balance afterwards. I would spend waaay more in Benny's if the prices were even remotely reasonable.

3 Vestra. Now this is actually a very good plane. The problem is that my very next purchase was a Besra. Which made the vestra a pointless purchase. Since I got the B, I never ever use the V.

4 Yacht. It's ace. it;s fun to look at and be on but rockstar made this thing a giant turkey. Rather than be a centre of operation like your office it really is just a big, 8million dollar wardrobe. No real function. I would love rockstar to add some new features for the yacht in future, but right now, I don't even know where mine is on the map.

5 Homing Launcher. Used to be a powerful and useable weapon that could help you defend yourself. Now a completely nerfed and useless item that I have retired to my gun locker.

The HM needs to be returned to its original settings and level locked to 150. I have been standing directly in front of heli's with red lock on and missed by a mile.

Diana McFarland

1 MC biz. Don't get me wrong. I actually love the idea of an MC biz and crew. But the single worst thing about that and F+F is those f*cking agonisingly slow selling missions. Seriously, we are supposed to think that a highly criminal empire would sell drugs in a f*cking painfully slow postal van whilst giving ourselves a time limit???

2 Any Benny's vehicle. These things really do look awesome,but I have bought three and hugely regretted every one once I saw my bank balance afterwards. I would spend waaay more in Benny's if the prices were even remotely reasonable.

3 Vestra. Now this is actually a very good plane. The problem is that my very next purchase was a Besra. Which made the vestra a pointless purchase. Since I got the B, I never ever use the V.

4 Yacht. It's ace. it;s fun to look at and be on but rockstar made this thing a giant turkey. Rather than be a centre of operation like your office it really is just a big, 8million dollar wardrobe. No real function. I would love rockstar to add some new features for the yacht in future, but right now, I don't even know where mine is on the map.

5 Homing Launcher. Used to be a powerful and useable weapon that could help you defend yourself. Now a completely nerfed and useless item that I have retired to my gun locker.

The HM needs to be returned to its original settings and level locked to 150. I have been standing directly in front of heli's with red lock on and missed by a mile.

The Yacht isnt THAT bad..

If only Rockstar made it so you can access your CEO Desktop from the YACHT then it would be perfect.

Edited by Diana McFarland
  • Like 3

CarnageRacing00

In no particular order...

Motorcycle Club. I do not like bikes. I do not like having yet another NPC harassing me for not doing their missions. I keep telling myself it's worth it just so I can get my Sanchez and Bati out of my car garages, but it's not. Waste of money.

Turismo R. Beautiful car, fast car, doesn't like to go over curbs very well.

Osiris. Again, fast car... kinda ugly, sort of boring. Went back to my Entity after a few days.

Custom upgrade for my Sabre. If it didn't have hydraulics I might've been happy with it, but I find the hydraulics just ruin the car for me.

Every gun except the AP pistol, Heavy MG, Assault Carbine, Auto Shotgun, RPG, Homing Launcher, and Heavy Sniper.

Most of the useless sh*t I bought was during billionaire days so I don't have any regrets that hit me in the pocketbook. Based on usage though....

Dump - WTF? An NPC breathes on it and it starts smoking. A light breeze causes it to explode.

Submarine - The only fun thing about this was taking it as deep as I could, causing my head to explode.

Any boat - Whats the point, really?

Miljet - Cool to use once or twice but now an albatross.

InYeezusWeTrust

The most expensive businesses all located in the city with all the upgrades and security that I NEVER use.

LOL. For this reason alone, I shut down all my MC businesses. The last delivery run I did in those vans, I was nearly apoplectic by the end and told myself "never again."

• Like 2

1. All the garbage in my Pegasus list.

2. Most of the MC businesses. Bought 4 of them the first day and have maybe made a profit of 10m after deducting all the startup costs.

3. Maze tower. The roads there are just awful.

4. All the useless weapons that you had to scroll through when in a vehicle. Threw most of them on the ground before we had gun-lockers.

5. All the useless upgrades on penthouses etc.

5 - Titan

4 - Compact Rifle

3 - MC stuff

2 - Brickade

1 - X80 (Ugly POS, I wasn't in the right mind set when I bought it.)

I don't have 5 but ones that come to mind:

1) Most annoying would be some of the "lower tier" weapons like the micro-smg, every pistol but the AP Pistol, machine-gun (not heavy machine gun) etc. As a CEO it's fine because you have your custom loadout but as soon as I get into a heist I now have to fumble through all of this crap I just don't want any longer. It really can't be that difficult for rockstar to allow us to delete/sell certain weapons.

2) Small and medium warehouse. I guess I didn't have the funds for a large warehouse but I should have known from "selling" apartments and guns (which isn't possible) that selling warehouses would be similarly annoying. Now I have a small and medium warehouse that do absolutely nothing. And as far as I remember they can only be traded in for a different small or medium warehouse respectively.

3) RE-7B. While it is technically is one of the fastest cars in the game, I can't stand a car that has wheelspin when trying to get going. Also, in the end I really didn't like the look of the car. Much happier with the Nero custom/Tempesta/T20.

Generally I always think before I buy. A massive reason I don't buy random pegasus vehicles is because I don't want to have to scroll through a big list to select what I want, as there is no way to sell or delete them. This game has some of the worst menus to sift through (snacks is a good example as well as pulling out my phone, selecting contacts, scrolling to mechanic, having to call my him and wait for him to answer, select my location, and finally my desired car) to actually get certain actions done.

askinnywhitedildo

#5. The countless cars I bought and sold back, and then bought and sold back again. I'd have $50mill more if I hadn't did that for over a year.

#4. MC sh*t. Don't get me wrong, if that's your thing, cool. But I didn't care for it. Like maybe $5mill gone.

#3. The Dump. Absolute waste of money. Literally. It's called "The Dump", for a reason.

#2. The Yacht. I actually like this. I'm not gunna talk sh*t, but it does have it's pointless factors. But, I like luxurious sh*t, so I'm fine, because I had the money to blow. But if you don't have millions upon millions, don't buy it.

#1. The Luxor and the Swift Duluxe. Do not f*cking buy these. They mean nothing. Normal Luxor's spawn everywhere. They are not that fun of a plane. You're not missing sh*t. Same with the Swift. It's just a ok helicopter, that's exactly the same as it's cheaper counterpart. Do not buy these. They are pointless, and it's no where near as cool as a Yacht.

MisterLanceVanceDance

I love how it's just called the "Dump" because the word dump is synonymous with big heaping pile of worthless s**t

• Like 2

Shadowfennekin

1. Tank, I only use it for Criminal Damage or Stand your Ground. It's garbage otherwise

2. Deluxes, I ONLY bought those cause I wasn't going to buy NG version at first, Still could afford the yacht when I transferred though but went broke

3. Yacht, it just sits out there

4. 4 of my 5 warehouses, I honestly thought you'd be able to take sh*t to any of your choosing. Not be stuck with the one you bought it for..... they're all large too. I never downsized.

5. Savage, regretfully. I bought this going "Oh boy, that sure looks fun!" Only within one minute of flying the rotors touched a tree, it flipped and I died.

• Like 1

All the Pegasus crap (that's already been listed) from the billionaire days. Thankfully it's all on my rarely used 2nd character so I don't have to wade through it most days.

I'd take a full refund on the Rocket Voltic and Ruiner 2000 if offered...particularly the latter which I've used twice. $4.3 million on that...Jesus.

Nothing much for me really.

Clothes.. bought wayyyyyyy to many and like only wear a handful.

Guns.. as others have said, it'll be perfect to ditch the weapons we don't wanna be scrolling through.

A shark card.. bought in the early days, because I was to lazy to farm/grind missions. Still regret buying it lol

ScreamedAloud

1. Marshall that I literally only drove twice.

2. The money pits known as the MC businesses.

3. Rocket Voltic, it's a fine party trick but not worth the almost 3 million.

4. Limo because I'm not into PvP enough for it to be useful.

5. Hakuchou Drag. I hate it SO MUCH!! And to add salt into the wound it's my permanent favorite bike for some reason, even after I sold it. My poor Shotaro is left out in the cold.

Edited by ScreamedAloud
  • Like 1

In the first few months of playing GTAO there were a lot of cars that I thought were really cool but I didn't have the money to buy them. I bought two shark cards to buy them anyway, but I got rid of them fairly quickly after that because they weren't that great after all. That's when I learned shark cards weren't worth the real money you pay for them. A hard lesson. That was about four vehicles.

Other than that probably my weed farm, because I can never be bothered to restock it so I just shut it down, but LJT just loves to call me about it anyway.

1. Yacht. What's the purpose?

2. Mc biz. Shut the f*ck up ljt. That and they nerfed them 3 days after I bought coke and meth hoping for a good return.

3. Hakouchou drag. Turns like a bus and I never use.

4.Brioso. Sold this little sh*tbox after like 3 days

5.All the properties I never go to since ceo garage

Anything that makes LTJ call you every 5 minutes.... f*ck I wish R* would just let us delete that sh*t or block that prick from calling all the time. He's worse than an Indian call centre!