1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

is the rhino tank worth buying in 2016

The Wandering Hunter

The Wandering Hunter

the short answer is no, buy a hydra instead, or a buzzard or even a savage. then buy a turreted vehicle and if you still have money to burn buy a tank.

jets one strafe it and are invulnerable, helis 3 shot it from out of your range otr suicide cars are too much of a problem aswell, not to mention the civvies who are unintentional suicide cars

So basically you saw the other thread and thought f*ck it? :lol::p Tank nowadays is pretty much useless.

Edited by REXX

Yeah, I wouldn't bother with it.

5gkAlbJ.gif

• Like 3

The Wandering Hunter

So basically you saw the other thread and thought f*ck it? :lol::p Tank nowadays is pretty much useless.

the mod said it was worth another thread as i was trying to post in the old one

CaliMeatWagon

Are carrots green?

There's your answer.

Are you peoples forgetting the fun factor? Take it out of PvP and examine it.

• Like 3

Are carrots green?

There's your answer.

Hey, I'm facetiously quoting the other thread, but saying the opposite.

Either way, what fun? The thing blows up at the lightest touch now. A pea shooter could destroy it in less than a second. It isn't fun anymore.

In a few situations the rhino is very useful still in ways that no other land vehicle is...certainly as a solo player.

That torch the crates biker work thing...I once had 5 people all camped out and I couldn't get past them to the crates using a savage, insurgent and the kuruma...I'm sure a hydra would have worked but I don't use it for pvp because it's just ghey...the rhino finally worked...it takes time to take it out despite its nerf.

Are carrots green?

There's your answer.

It's still fun but not as fun as it used to be since cops are drving into you within seconds of getting into it.

the short answer is no, buy a hydra instead, or a buzzard or even a savage.

Look, you're a nice guy. But, if you're gonna answer your own thread question AND give a short answer, kindly have the courtesy to give a long answer, too, dagnabbit!

I'll wait.

The Wandering Hunter

Are carrots green?

There's your answer.

ok

if you want fun, buy a hydra and learn how to vtol drop people or a buzzard and learn how not to explode every 30 seconds.

the tank is not fun. in missions the spawns make for a really irritating drive in a stupid fragile tank that can't run civies over without exploding. same with anything you use it for.

most wanted challenge is the only thing it's good for but so is the kuruma or a roof, or a kuruma on a roof

there's something else that's more fun than the tank, a cargobob

The tank suffered the same fate as all the special vehicles from Import/Export, nerfed the fun out of them, I SHOULD have more fun f*cking around with all the new vehicles in freeroam than in missions but the new VIP works are the only time I can use the new vehicles to their full potential and actually enjoy them without one grenade stopping it.

• Like 4

the mod said it was worth another thread as i was trying to post in the old one

Yeah, I saw :p

You can't even do its trademark "crush-all-the-cars-and-watch-them-explode" anymore - instead you have to carefully watch out so it doesn't damage it.

^That's what I'm talking about - that's fun.

Anyway, I think they shouldn't have nerfed it. They should've just added a new and more powerful rocket launcher as a ground player's counter to it.

Edited by Happy Hunter

The Wandering Hunter

the short answer is no, buy a hydra instead, or a buzzard or even a savage.

Look, you're a nice guy. But, if you're gonna answer your own thread question AND give a short answer, kindly have the courtesy to give a long answer, too, dagnabbit!

I'll wait.

the short answer was "no"

Are carrots green?

There's your answer.

The Rhino has toilet paper for armor, if it doesn't have the durability and menacing attributes of a real-life tank like how it was pre-nerf and in previous iterations, then how the hell are you supposed to find it fun in anywhere outside of PvP?

What, am I supposed to climb Chiliad or shop for groceries with it? What's fun about a tank if it sucks at PvP?

As someone who doesn't participate in PvP at all, it's great fun to just mess around with. If you have the money, it's well spent. :lol:

• Like 1

If you ask me, the Tank should be able to sustain the amount of damage it can take in that terrible adversary mode, Rhino Hunt. Only then will I begin to even think of using my Rhino again for other purposes than photoshoots.

• Like 2

As someone who doesn't participate in PvP at all, it's great fun to just mess around with. If you have the money, it's well spent. :lol:

Then what's the point of wasting your money to own it in Online? Get it for SP instead if you want to mess around. Edited by DangerZ0neX

CarnageRacing00

Here, Rockstar, this one's for free.

Rhino 2 - Stronger, faster, and a second player controls a mounted machine gun on top. Can ONLY be stolen from the Military base.

There. So when a player does get their hands on one, they've earned the right to go on a rampage.

Then what's the point of wasting your money to own it in Online? Get it for SP instead if you want to mess around.

Well it fun to mess around with it along with friends, plus it can be pretty useful in online jobs. And hey, if you have it, flaunt it. :lol:

• Like 1

Are carrots green?

There's your answer.

In PvP it's useless post-nerf.

In PvE, it's nearly useless as cops run into you and can kill it that way with laughably little effort.

So what fun things is it good for?

• If you are going for the award where you get and lose 5-star wanted levels, it's good if you use it near train tunnels where you can duck back inside to lose the wanted level
  • For some Gang Attacks it's pretty good (just watch out for NPCs bearing miniguns)
  • You can attack helpless CEOs and Bikers moving products that have slow and unarmed vehicles
  • Gloat that it's still better than a Dump
  • Maybe something else, but it's still probably not worth $1.5M. I don't remember it going on sale for any of Rockstar's events

CaliMeatWagon

Are carrots green?

There's your answer.

In PvP it's useless post-nerf.

In PvE, it's nearly useless as cops run into you and can kill it that way with laughably little effort.

So what fun things is it good for?

• If you are going for the award where you get and lose 5-star wanted levels, it's good if you use it near train tunnels where you can duck back inside to lose the wanted level
  • For some Gang Attacks it's pretty good (just watch out for NPCs bearing miniguns)
  • You can attack helpless CEOs and Bikers moving products that have slow and unarmed vehicles
  • Gloat that it's still better than a Dump
  • Maybe something else, but it's still probably not worth $1.5M. I don't remember it going on sale for any of Rockstar's events

I have barrels of fun with it.

You can't even do its trademark "crush-all-the-cars-and-watch-them-explode" anymore - instead you have to carefully watch out so it doesn't damage it.

^That's what I'm talking about - that's fun.

Anyway, I think they shouldn't have nerfed it. They should've just added a new and more powerful rocket launcher as a ground player's counter to it.

^^ It's turret moves slow (not instant-fast like the rhino we have now), it well armored, and not verry fast. Then R* could just make it's cannon less strong (not instant-explode rockets), more like IRL and call it 'rhino2',and release it,

Among the hunter [with the option to turn off auto-stabilization] !?) and possibly the apc tank from gta4 (less armored, faster, weaker gun).

I have barrels of fun with it.

Good for you.

But it's still a shadow of its former self, and of its ancestors - just as the Savage and other helicopters aren't nearly as strong as the old Hunter.

I will say this for the tank though - at least snowballs can't destroy it. I think anyway. Probably.

• Like 3