Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,033 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Donatello

Was Obama a good president?

El Dildo

He was a terrible president for black people.

Realistically speaking in America there isn't much you can do, the rest is just economics which is getting worse for everyone (especially the lower class and marginalized people) and that can hardly be contributed to one man..

also, I dunno if anyone noticed, but Obama was elected President of the United States.

not president of just black people...

but I understand why the black community would feel that the onus was on his shoulders to do more for them.

HeavyDuke

Lol at the Obama squad on this forum.

IMO he was decent, he had good points and bad ones. Better then Bush for sure. Trump seems to be the type of guy who would pee on a poor guys face who's begging for something to drink.

We'll have to see if he turns out to be a great president which can still be the case, a decent one as many before him or just a full blown asshole who will go into history as the most unrealistic president ever.

Constant K

..or the last president of the United States lol

Piggsy pls

He was a terrible president for black people.

Realistically speaking in America there isn't much you can do, the rest is just economics which is getting worse for everyone (especially the lower class and marginalized people) and that can hardly be contributed to one man..
also, I dunno if anyone noticed, but Obama was elected President of the United States.

not president of just black people...

but I understand why the black community would feel that the onus was on his shoulders to do more for them.

I can only speak for myself, but as a black guy, I never really expected Obama to do more for black people than many expected. For one, any clear attempt to do so would've been called 'racist' by Republicans. Which is why I find it odd that some Republicans like to repeat that Obama did nothing for black communities (as if they give a sh*t about those communities themselves). As Switch pointed out though, Obama sure did try to improve the lives of the working/lower class, which many minorities are a part of.

Crokey

Yes he was a great President, and he'll make a great First Gentleman in fours years time (or less).

Jacobmaate

Personally, I think Obama has been a great president, of course, everyone has their flaws and presidents can screw up things along the way, but I think his biggest screw up was with Libya. Once the US/UK/French forces took out Gaddafi, they all left. It should have been down to them, to ensure that a proper Government was installed and that the country was under control.

But, evidently none of that happened, which lead to a civil war, and groups such as ISIL to gain ground and weaponry. So he screwed up big time there, and that sure has had a lot of implications, but if we exclude that for a moment. I'd say he has been a pretty good president indeed, I'm gonna miss him and Joe Biden.

Indy007

Yes, he was a fantastic president. The House would just shut down and try to knock off everything he proposed which in turn would make him look like a bad one. People need to remember that the President is not a king, he is limited by what the House and Congress let him do.

Jacobmaate

Yes, he was a fantastic president. The House would just shut down and try to knock off everything he proposed which in turn would make him look like a bad one. People need to remember that the President is not a king, he is limited by what the House and Congress let him do.

Indeed, its been (party wise), quite tough for him too being a Democratic President, but with a Republican Majority Congress.

Nick1020

Depending where you look at it, he was a decent president who handled the economy well when it crashed in 08, tried making healthcare more affordable, tackled on environmental issues etc. But also, he continued the war in the middle east, national debt is 19 trilion (if that matters), "straining" relations with israel and becoming the biggest arms dealer.

But overall, I think Obama is the only president I can think that had their religion, race, and citizenship questioned or made into an issue. He probably would of accomplish more if the Republican lead house and Senate worked together.

sivispacem

There's not really been a point in modern history where the US wasn't the world's leading supplier of arms.

Chiarii

you clearly repeat things that you understand are false.

It wasn't false. Feel free to verify it.

Obama is - objectively speaking - not the worst economic president we've had in the last 50 years.

it's just a stupid statement because it's not true.

you can't support that statement with facts.

would you like to try again?

I did support it with facts. It is a fact that Obama's GDP growth per quarter is 1.78% and it is a fact that Bush's is 1.8%. It is a fact that 1.78 is less than 1.8 --> It is a fact that Obama's economy is worse than Bush's. Do you not understand numbers or are you incapable of accepting reality?

They consistently rank higher than the US on the majority of freedom induces (press, political, corruption, etc), ergo freer.

Ergo not personal liberties? As I remember, you claimed that in your country O'Keefe, a citizen journalist, would have been incarcerated whereas in mine he's free. FYI, freedom of press is covered in the first amendment over here so.... you know.

Consistently best the US in measures of national well-being and happiness, ergo happier.

That's completely meaningless. As addressed months ago emotions are endogenously regulated; they have nothing to do with a state government. What's the point in teaching you information if you aren't going to retain it?

Higher nominal GDP per capita, higher PPP GDP per capita, higher Gini, typically higher HDI, higher ranking in the Legatum Prosperity Index and higher average incomes.

Right...

Most measures of societal cohesion, such as institutional trust, freedom from corruption et cetera consistently rank Scandinavia higher than the US. I'd love to know your rationale for blindly asserting that the US is a more collaborative society.

I'm fascinated by the way you use an enormously broad term like 'collaborative' to refer to your own extremely specific criterion of its meaning. Anyway what's your rationale for cherry-picking Scandinavia and trying to pass it off as a complete and accurate representation of Europe?

El Dildo

It is a fact that 1.78 is less than 1.8 --> It is a fact that Obama's economy is worse than Bush's. Do you not understand numbers or are you incapable of accepting reality?

your ability to comprehend the information you're presenting is grossly incompetent.

read: you're not very bright.

"Bush's economy" didn't have to suffer the effects of George W Bush.

Obama's entire 8 years in office were an uphill battle out of the deep sinkhole that George W Bush created beginning with the intense recession he inherited from George W Bush's multiple failures in both foreign and domestic strategy. Obama spent 8 years trying to address this recession virtually all by himself and without any support from the elected representatives in Congress (Republicans) who abandoned their oath of office in order to throw a decade-long temper tantrum. they openly admitted that their only objective was to make Obama a one-term president... and when they failed at that they simply stopped doing their job as public servants. they openly admitted that their only remaining plan was to oppose fixing the recession in order to blame the economy on the president and the Democrats.

jobs bills fell to the floor.

gun control bills fell the floor.

September 11th first-responder bills fell the floor.

environmental protection bills fell to the floor.

all because the GOP would rather stoke historical racism and fear mongering and cry about losing an election than actually attempt to help govern the country. they should be strung up by their heels, slashed at the wrists, and allowed to bleed out dry on the Capitol steps for all of us to watch; you know the kind of treatment truly befitting of treasonous traitors. but I digress...

you're completely ignoring the contextual ramifications of Obama's presidency versus his predecessor. this president had to wrestle the country back from the edge of depression and he had to do it alone. under Obama's tenure the unemployment rate is back to 'normal' and even lower than the point at which Mitt Romney had bragged he would lower it. the stock market is enjoying record high profits. the renewable energy sector is off and running and booming. and it was accomplished without any help from our legislative body who instead spent their time trying to take away health care from 20million people. but you're here to blindly blame Obama for every little unkempt hair on your ignorant little head.

you're not very bright.

are you?

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

^Bush, Obama and Clinton are more than pals, they're family.

Nobody cares and the state of conintive dissonance is far more accepted by the majority than the need for vitamins and minerals in the diet will ever be.

It's all downhill until we reach Helll, there is little to doubt there.

"What one party is on the outside, the other is on the inside.". -Jello Biafra

Mr. Scratch

You do realise that makes no f*cking sense whatsoever, right?

sivispacem

Ergo not personal liberties?

These come under various wider indices, like the Freedom House one, where in 2015 Finland, Iceland and Norway took the top three spots and Sweden came fifth. The US came 45th, sandwiched between Costa Rica and Mauritius.

Then you've got specific indices for human freedom, like that run by the Cato Institute, which focus exclusively on civil liberties and personal freedoms. Let's not forget here that the Cato Institute is a libertarian think-tank and use that to frame their findings. The top ten as they interpret it are:

Hong Kong

Switzerland

New Zealand

Ireland

Denmark

Canada

United Kingdom

Australia

Finland

Netherlands

The US comes in at a lowly 23rd, sandwiched between Estonia and Latvia. Now, you may say that the inclusion of economic liberties distort this figure, but the US performance is actually dragged up, not down, by their performance in this area. The US personal freedom figure puts them slightly ahead of Cyprus and slightly behind France. Every Scandinavian country beats the US in personal freedom.

As I remember, you claimed that in your country O'Keefe, a citizen journalist, would have been incarcerated whereas in mine he's free.

Wonderful magical thinking here. James O'Keefe would have been criminally prosecuted in Europe because he committed a criminal act.

FYI, freedom of press is covered in the first amendment over here so.... you know.

Doesn't seem to have done much to improve the US' ranking in press freedom indices. Guess who tops RWB's? Finland. Followed by the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark and New Zealand. The US? Forty-third, behind South Africa and Belize.

That's completely meaningless.

So you say, but my inclination is to just dismiss your offhand assertions like this as either an unwillingness or inability to address counter-attack rs.

No, you're absolutely correct here- in Scandinavia only Norway has a PPP GDP per capita than the US. Several other European states do, though- Luxembourg, Ireland, Lichtenstein, Switzerland.

I'm fascinated by the way you use an enormously broad term like 'collaborative' to refer to your own extremely specific criterion of its meaning.

I think "collaborative" was the wrong word to use, to be honest.

Anyway what's your rationale for cherry-picking Scandinavia and trying to pass it off as a complete and accurate representation of Europe?

...I'm not? I'm responding to a comment on the "European Socialized System", IE social democracy, which is best represented by...You guessed it, the Nordic Model states.

Rockstar Vienna

Yes he was. He started with the great recession and a giant mess (Afghanistan, Iraq...) that Bush left him. So a really bad time to be president. But he handled the economy well and was able to bring back many many jobs. As an European i'm totally in favour of Obamacare but also do understand that the system is flawed. It's sad that he wasn't able to close Guantanamo tho. But if he had, Trump would probably reopen it anyway. He was a good president. I applaud Barack! Now Trump is all yours. Enjoy!

SouthLand

I only care about what other presidents do if it affects my country. Therefore, NO, he wasn't.

Edited by SouthLand

DangerZ0neX

No. Economically speaking he is the single worst president in 50 years.

Did you forget about the two Bushes and Reagan, or are you afraid of being proven wrong?

Reagan tripled the deficit, Obama cut it in half, I can't believe that there are people still claiming Obama as the worst president ever even after all the sh*t the Republicans have done.

Vigilante88

Watching his farewell speech right now on the news

He's killing it

"Embrace everyone. Not just some."

mr quick

this thread(this is bait please don't bite)

A9ErbgJ.png

He was better than Hillary and Trump combined could possibly be. But he was far from being the best..... Him becoming president was that start of the damn recent PC movement, and hopefully Trump being president kills it. Sick of everything being so "progressive"

The (strangely vaguely defined)"PC movement" isn't a recent thing. There's been an ongoing fight many for years, it's just that(pick at least one)

• you're like 15 so you've only been politically aware for a couple of years tops
  • you said something racist and someone said "that's not ok" and it shattered you
  • you make a conscious effort to maintain and conserve that status quo
  • you love south park
Edited by Marwin

Darth Yokel

I'd like to hear of one president in the last 30 years (or more) with a better record than Obama. That's one of those job positions where you can't help but compare him with his predecessors. And compared with them he was definitely a good one. Could have been a great one without Republican obstructionism and the economic disaster that he was left with.

trip

I'm gonna miss him and Joe Biden.

Hey! I just jumped in here to give a shout out to uncle Joe Biden too. By far the best VP I can think of(in my lifetime).

Darth Yokel

Hey! I just jumped in here to give a shout out to uncle Joe Biden too. By far the best VP I can think of(in my lifetime).

I love all the memes those two have spawned :)

Joe_Biden_Meme_5-1.jpg

El Dildo

someone agrees with you...

cj2000

yeah I mean did anybody forget Hitler?

lulz

Comparing a dictator to a humanoid orange....

lulz

...There's also the fact that his successor is Donald J. Trump, champion of the people and hero of Western civilization, so that might overshadow his time in office just a little bit.

Lol good joke

Obama was a joke, but not a good one.

Tchuck

lulz

lulz

...There's also the fact that his successor is Donald J. Trump, champion of the people and hero of Western civilization, so that might overshadow his time in office just a little bit.

Lol good joke

Facts prove you wrong, though. Care to show how Obama was a joke?

cj2000

lulz

lulz

Lol good joke

You want facts? Remember what he promised, and what he really did.

Tchuck

Remember how the republicans blocked his moves? There was literally nothing he could do in most cases. You wanna blame someone for the state of America, blame the republicans.

On the other hand, I remember Obama Care (ACA, in case you don't know, is the same thing), I remember him nailing Bin Laden, I remember him making America look much better to most of the world (except the places he bombed, but oh well).

Again, care to show how he was a joke?

cj2000

Remember how the republicans blocked his moves? There was literally nothing he could do in most cases. You wanna blame someone for the state of America, blame the republicans.

On the other hand, I remember Obama Care (ACA, in case you don't know, is the same thing), I remember him nailing Bin Laden, I remember him making America look much better to most of the world (except the places he bombed, but oh well).

Again, care to show how he was a joke?

I tolld you just to remember, what he promised. How about Guantanamo? It´s still worcking. And when you tallking about places he bombed, the number of this places is biger than under every other president including Bush. And not to forget, Obama was about to start World War 3, so this really deserve a pece Noble price.

Voodoo

What the hell did I just read? If you can't properly explain your statements, maybe stay out of the topic.