Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,222 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Two And Three

The Soundtrack

Two And Three

One thing that would be really cool is if Rockstar licensed some of Ennio Morricone's masterpieces for their game. I think that would really add to the atmosphere. It don't have to be his most popular Spaghetti Western themes, but just a few would add a lot. If you don't know who Ennio Morricone is... Here have a read

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ennio_Morricone

What do you think of that idea? And do you have any ideas for the soundtrack?

Papacu

not gonna happen

toxluv

One thing that would be really cool is if Rockstar licensed some of Ennio Morricone's masterpieces for their game. I think that would really add to the atmosphere. It don't have to be his most popular Spaghetti Western themes, but just a few would add a lot. If you don't know who Ennio Morricone is... Here have a read

Already happened with Red Dead Revolver. As much as I love Ennio Morricone's masterpieces, I'd rather have an original soundtrack like Red Dead Redemption's.

Two And Three

Already happened with Red Dead Revolver. As much as I love Ennio Morricone's masterpieces, I'd rather have an original soundtrack like Red Dead Redemption's.

I never knew it happened. Thanks for telling! Well, I could live without it. But we can both agree, that if that happened it would be cool!

Oldsport

I hope i hear the entertainer by scott joplin in saloons

DGSimo

Red Dead Redemption didn't need or use Morricone and had one of the best scores in a video game. I don't see, nor really want, Morricone featured in RDR2 as a result.

The piece of score we heard in the trailer sounded great so I'm excited for what they'll do for the rest of the score.

BurnettVice

^^^

I totally agree with this! The soundtrack to RDR was amazing. I hope they bring back everyone who did the soundtrack from the last game.

LeakyLine

I hope to hear Compass again.

Piggsy pls

Red Dead Redemption didn't need or use Morricone and had one of the best scores in a video game. I don't see, nor really want, Morricone featured in RDR2 as a result.

The piece of score we heard in the trailer sounded great so I'm excited for what they'll do for the rest of the score.

I loved the drums at the end. I'll be surprised if they don't bring Woody Jackson back at least, as he's worked on all their latest games as well as RDR (LA Noire, Max Payne 3, GTA V).

They might bring James Curd on board as well. He's the guy who does the soundtracks for the latest GTA Online updates, including the Biker Update which I believe Woody Jackson helped him with.

Spider-Vice

Ergh... Rather not have an electronic artist doing stuff for RDR, imo. I actually don't really like his latest GTA Online tracks. (James Curd, that is - they even brought Take a Day Trip, a trap/electro artist on board now). I'm 99% sure Woody Jackson will be making stuff too however, after all he's one of the main Rockstar score guys. :p

Edited by Spider-Vice

Piggsy pls

Ergh... Rather not have an electronic artist doing stuff for RDR, imo. I actually don't really like his latest GTA Online tracks. (James Curd, that is - they even brought Take a Day Trip, a trap/electro artist on board now). I'm 99% sure Woody Jackson will be making stuff too however, after all he's one of the main Rockstar score guys. :p

I wonder if Bill Elm will return as well. Does anyone know if he worked with Rockstar since RDR?

sleepwalk1980

Some of you might find this interesting if you've not already seen it - mini-doc on the making of the music of RDR

BUT THE BENZ

Estancia!!!

/nuffsaid

Baked English Beans

I'd be surprised if Jackson and Elm aren't back, that violin in the final seconds of the trailer oozed of them

éX-Driver

If they license any music, here's hoping for Dick Dale. His sound is just perfect for westerns for some reason.

sleepwalk1980

100% original music, no licensing, would be a beautiful thing.

Why spend all that time, money, blood, sweat and tears on a game only to use someone elses music

Mikeol2014

Hell they've got the money to hire Ennio Morricone for the whole title now, but thats good about rockstar they'll always source talent from unknowns if they can.

As long as the soundtrack is awesome, I don't mind. Definitely wouldn't mind another José Gonzalez song in another 'travelling' transition like RDR.

LincolnClay

I wouldn't mind some Morricone in the background of cutscenes or something like that. Like noticeable, but the main soundtrack is original. Then again, RDR 1 didn't use any of his music, so it could work either way.

toxluv

I'd like to hear Ennio Morricone in Red Dead Redemption 2, but only if he works with Rockstar Games as a composer and brings to the table something new. That will be amazing!

ARTHUR.

If Ennio added to the soundtrack I'd rather it were something new to give the world its own atmosphere.

RDR had an amazing score which really set the game apart from anything else.

Rucke

I'd be surprised if Jackson and Elm aren't back, that violin in the final seconds of the trailer oozed of them

Woody Jackson also composed the score for GTA V (together with Tangerine Dream and Alchemist & Oh No). I hope he and Bill are composing the score for RDR2 as well. That would be epic.

Edited by Rucke

Spider-Vice

They probably are coming back. After all they are lead composers there and I don't think any of them left R*.

Rucke

They probably are coming back. After all they are lead composers there and I don't think any of them left R*.

Woody Jackson and Bill Elm are not employed by Rockstar. They do a lot of other stuff. Woody has worked on the music for Ocean's Twelve and Thirteen and many other Hollywood blockbusters (not necessarily as a composer though).

Spider-Vice

Forgot about that indeed, Craig Conner was the only one employed by them. But still I think they'll pick them back up.

saintsrow

If Ennio added to the soundtrack I'd rather it were something new to give the world its own atmosphere.

RDR had an amazing score which really set the game apart from anything else.

Indeed, a very minimal Morricone might work, in the same vein as the minimal soundtrack in RDR added atmosphere. I think he is too epic in scale to work in an interactive video game, however.

Morricone works beautifully with the films because of (and adding to) the epic drama. I think it would be a stretch to try to force this over missions or cutscenes, except for maybe one or two big dramatic transitions, like the opening into Mexico in RDR.

Slightly, related, I don't think the Tang Dream work added much to GTAV. It was probably originally conceived as a big scale art project like it would be used in Michael Mann's Heat, or the rich urban jazz in Taxi Driver, but again, the musical melodrama would overtake the game if overused. The minimal Tang Dream droning that was left in GTAV, didn't do much for me.

tonko

The soundtrack will be awesome. We all know that by now.

LincolnClay

The soundtrack will be awesome. We all know that by now.

It's pretty much impossible to let us down with a R* soundtrack. Even GTA V's (a game I'm on the fence about) sounded great.

Mister Pink

I was very happy with the OST. Morricone's stuff while amazing has been copied and parodied so much that it can sound a little passe. While Rockstar have obviously taken huge inspiration from all the great westerns, Rockstar get to forge this nice original western piece for themselves. Besides, Bill Elm and Woody Jackson did such a great job, they will set the bar for the next generation who will want a RDR sounding soundtrack in their western.

Unless, it's like it's used as Jose Gonzalez's tracks was used like a "intermission" or like a transitional stage that's used as a once-off. Or like toxluv said, brings something new.

Edited by Mister Pink

Switch

Ennio Morricone would be amazing, but Rockstar did a great job on the RDR soundtrack as others have mentioned already. Either way i trust Rockstar to deliver a great score.

Edited by Switch