2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Any advice for a pleb moving to Next Gen?

Onyx Cudaa

Hello all. First post. Been a long time lurker, lol.

So with Christmas just a few days away, I decided to treat myself and pick up an Xbox One S with a copy of GTA 5. Now before you think I'm a noob, back on 360, I played GTA Online since it came out back in 2013. I remember having my character deleted, the Billionaire days, when Beach Bum first came out, etc.... I know my way around the game. But it's been a good long while since they updated last gen Online, so I'm a little behind on all the new goodies. Any advice for me? I've watched all of the GTA Series Videos on the content that has been added but I haven't played with it first hand. What stuff should I invest in first? What should I avoid? And as for money don't worry... a kind modder gifted me with over 150 million that I've put into 3 apartments and 30 fully modified cars, plus a Swift and a Hydra. Should I put money into the MC and CEO stuff? Should I get a yacht? I guess it doesn't matter seeing as I'll still have more than enough money, but I don't like buying things that have no purpose.

Edited by Onyx Cudaa

Welcome to the forum. Look forward for your modded money to be wiped on transfer.

Weclome to next gen and Happy Holidays .

Edited by TreFacTor

Most of the CEO/MC stuff takes tons of investing and grinding before it even breaks even. While you could get them at some point, I wouldn't have them as your top priority. Most of the new modes they've released so far are ways to lose a lot of money, and to then have to grind to get it back again.

I would look more at the new vehicles and stuff. You've got enough money that you shouldn't have to grind forever. Just enjoy yourself (even if it does seem overwhelming at first).

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 4

askinnywhitedildo

I came over from last gen with $110mil modded and it didn't get wiped out. So don't worry too hard.

And yes, buy a CEO office. If you have $100mil, you should be good for right now, sorta.

• Like 3

yeah man.

don't burn yourself out with all the new sh*t. CEO office is a must for the garage space alone.

I love my yacht and I would buy again but I like the water lol.

I also love the mc clubhouse and weed farm

just go slow.

explore tenderly.

have fun!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. Look forward for your modded money to be wiped on transfer.

Not going to happen. Accounts over 30 days old, that have under 700 mil and are under level 500 will transfer just fine.

• Like 1

MRM95Jb.png

I'd say invest in the office stuff, office garages, a wearhouse and maybe a vehicle wearhouse for ceo work. You have the money that's what I'd do. Become a CEO and grab a buzzard if you don't have one.

That's it really.

Not going to happen. Accounts over 30 days old, that have under 700 mil and are under level 500 will transfer just fine.

I keep hearing so many different things about transfer limits. Yesterday somebody told me the limit was 200 million. Nobody really has a definitive answer.

• Like 3

Not going to happen. Accounts over 30 days old, that have under 700 mil and are under level 500 will transfer just fine.I personally know two people who transferred with what they thought were safe amounts (under 200 million) who had their accounts wiped.

No one is certain what the limit is.

Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 2

Should I really worry about losing my money? Honestly I was thinking of starting from scratch just to get the full experience, but with all of the multi-million dollar items, I think I'll need my millions, lol.

Edited by Onyx Cudaa

Professional Amateur

Should I really worry about losing my money? Honestly I was thinking of starting from scratch just to get the full experience, but with all of the multi-million dollar items, I think I'll need my millions, lol.

It's such a random thing as far as I know. I don't personally know anyone who's been wiped but they all have nearly a billion each on their alternate accounts, some have even more. You shouldn't worry too much about losing your money, but yeah, with all of the expensive shiny things, it's best to keep it if you can instead of dumping it and starting fresh.

Get 300-500 mil by any means necessary, 100 mil ain't gonna cut it, don't worry too much about idiots sprouting bullsh*t

Yes you should worry. Wipes do happen. Cheated money is cheated money regardless how you feel about it. Many players have different methods and reasons/excuses for cheating but in the end its cheating regardless the reason or amount.

That said,

With the money you have though, if you get through I'd spend my money becoming a CEO with the vehicles to help you (buzzard, Hydra).

Personally there's so much sh*t I regret buying. When I used to play this game 24/7 I could afford everything. Now that I only play it ocassionally I've learned to only buy the sh*t I really really want.

I personally know two people who transferred with what they thought were safe amounts (under 200 million) who had their accounts wiped.

No one is certain what the limit is.

You simply can't transfer with over 700mil.. Under that you have around a one in 6 chance of a wipe although it's never happened to me. An old account like the OP isn't going to have any problem whatsoever.

Dragon_Of_Tragedy

Advice? Find a new session if you are in a lobby with a group of spoon fed ceos.

Its a kick fest on next gen.

Become a CEO.buy cheapest vehicle storage garage.

Don't buy the ramp buggy or a yacht.

We have discounts on next gen all the time. Buy the big money items then.

Edited by jerryinohio78
  • Like 2

SkynetOnlineID

Controls and graphics are going to feel weird at first. Don't jump into a public session straight away.

Also sniping happens a lot more with guns such as the marksmen riffle since draw distance is better. Griefers are usually CEO a lot to use Ghost organisation (off radar but extended) and to drop bullshark right in front of them.

• Like 3

So with Christmas just a few days away, I decided to treat myself and pick up an Xbox One S with a copy of GTA 5. Now before you think I'm a noob, back on 360, I played GTA Online since it came out back in 2013. I remember having my character deleted, the Billionaire days, when Beach Bum first came out, etc.... I know my way around the game. But it's been a good long while since they updated last gen Online, so I'm a little behind on all the new goodies. Any advice for me? I've watched all of the GTA Series Videos on the content that has been added but I haven't played with it first hand. What stuff should I invest in first? What should I avoid? And as for money don't worry... a kind modder gifted me with over 150 million that I've put into 3 apartments and 30 fully modified cars, plus a Swift and a Hydra. Should I put money into the MC and CEO stuff? Should I get a yacht? I guess it doesn't matter seeing as I'll still have more than enough money, but I don't like buying things that have no purpose.

I still don't understand why people buy Hydras, they're a waste of money.

It takes less than 2 mins to drive to the base if you really need a Jet, and the Lazer is a far superior dogfighting Jet than the Hydra.

Plus, anyone sitting in hover mode in a Hydra in PvP is a sitting duck so it's a wasted feature for PvP, and then for PvE missions? The Buzzard is still the king.

Hey man, just wanted to say that while you will probably be fine with your millions, just be careful who you show or talk to about it. It doesn't take much to make others jealous... oh and don't buy the yacht. Waste of time and money. Ceo is sort of a waste of money too for people with more than 200 mil. It costs around 6 million just to set up. And then you have to grind for crates or the new vehicle stuff. I did a few, but it doesn't really fit my play style. Mc is mostly passive revenue. I love it! Buy some supplies, play randomly for a few hours, sell same day or next, easy million.

CaliMeatWagon

I would take a look at the top three links in my signature. They detail the financial aspects of the CEO Crates, Biker Businesses, and Import/Export DLC.

• Like 2

Buy everything you can with that money, get a 60 car garage and fill it with expensive cars, a yacht, an Hydra and everything you might want, if it gets wiped since it was someone else dropping it on you you might not get your account reset so you'll always keep your purchased items.

Everytime you need money just sell some of the cars you previously stored.

Buy everything you can with that money, get a 60 car garage and fill it with expensive cars, a yacht, an Hydra and everything you might want, if it gets wiped since it was someone else dropping it on you you might not get your account reset so you'll always keep your purchased items.

uh or you could i dunno, play the game? smh

I would not advise anyone to buy a yacht in case of money wipes... purely because it's a waste of cash as you can't sell it to reclaim said money after a wipe.

But definitely do the houses fill with gold RE-7Bs or whatever the most valuable car is right now, just as a backup.

lll-H-I-M-lll

Starting from scratch im not too sure about jeez thats a long ass bumpy road of frustration id start with what you have and enjoy being a few steps ahead

And spend that modded cash asap rockstar will wipe again. When? Anytime

uh or you could i dunno, play the game? smh

The guy said he already got a lot of cash from a modder that, apparently, got without his own fault. What do you suggest, then? To keep playing the game normally and if and when he gets his money wiped, stays there scratching his head, thinking about the opportunity he completely wasted? He asked for advice, I gave him my opinion, who's the one not being useful at all here? Take your venom to somewhere else pal.

I would not advise anyone to buy a yacht in case of money wipes... purely because it's a waste of cash as you can't sell it to reclaim said money after a wipe.

But definitely do the houses fill with gold RE-7Bs or whatever the most valuable car is right now, just as a backup.

When I mentioned a yacht, just like the Hydra, was as illustrative examples of stuff OP might be interested on, so he could take the opportunity to get right away. Even though he can't sell them back, if he gets a money wipe he still keeps it.

Edited by Zombified Andy