1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Spadge

Disappointed by the new Ocelot Penetrator?

G o d

fam... you're frying your brain overthinking this much

STOLARS

No. This car is beautiful.

3rCGuvW.png9BCoeho.pngM3vXQ5W.png

loyletomycapo

I think it's one of the few cars without faults.

Oh and btw it's Arthur Fookin Shelby not Arthur 'Fookin' Shelby.

Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby

hank_wayne

Not at all, the car has a gta lcs infernus feel. Hence why i bought it. Its one of the few classics rockstar has added that i have bought. If i were dissapointed by anything, it be the name. They couldve easily named it Ocelot Liberty. Or something closer to its rl counterpart. But its a nonissue imo.

metoxys

What I don't like about the Penetrator is how, unlike the real car it's based on, its front end is taller than the rear end. If the front end was low/flat and the rear was thicker/taller, I'd like the car a lot more.

marco6158

The rear window is intentional. Not a bug.

How can you say that? What's the point of a hole in car? I mean to me it doesn't look intentional.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

One of most idiotic things I read is that the rear window is bugged.

For the last time it's SUPPOSED to look like that. So get over it. The car would look a lot weirder without it. Take a look at the XJ220's rear window then come talk. It's intentional. Common sense would tell you that. I'm pretty sure they test these cars and the rear is the first thing you see. How could you "miss" a huge gap unless it was intentional? I swear some of you must be missing your brains.

There's nothing wrong with the car. The only thing "missing" is a front Ocelot badge but who cares? This sh*t belongs in Bitch & Moan...

Edited by Scaglietti

TacitusKilgore

May have to pick this up along with the Nero today.

Nacho Z

One of most idiotic things I read is that the rear window is bugged.

For the last time it's SUPPOSED to look like that. So get over it. The car would look a lot weirder without it. Take a look at the XJ220's rear window then come talk. It's intentional. Common sense would tell you that. I'm pretty sure they test these cars and the rear is the first thing you see. How could you "miss" a huge gap unless it was intentional? I swear some of you must be missing your brains.

There's nothing wrong with the car. The only thing "missing" is a front Ocelot badge but who cares? This sh*t belongs in Bitch & Moan...

Vents and random gaps aren't the same thing. They've missed plenty of stuff before.

bompton

I adore it as my new cruiser. It's bloody gorgeous and the right color attracts a lot of attention. I've gotten nothing but compliments on mine. I like how you can hear the shifter at low gears. I like the burst in acceleration in 3rd gear. I like that it's AWD. Braking sucks, but who cares, its a 1992 super car. I treat mine like more of a sports classic.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

@Nacho: Yeah well they didn't "miss" that lol. It was even in the picture they used for announcing the damn update. I'm usually sympathetic when people point out "flaws" but I'm sorry this is the stupidest complaint yet. Boggles my mind.

Edited by Scaglietti

Nacho Z

@Nacho: Yeah well they didn't "miss" that lol. It was even in the picture they used for announcing the damn update. I'm usually sympathetic when people point out "flaws" but I'm sorry this is the stupidest complaint yet. Boggles my mind.

The way I see it as that there are a few possibilities.

1. There's simply a gap there. Doesn't matter if they know about it or not it's still stupid.

2. They couldn't get the window to fit how they wanted so they patched it up with a strip of glass.

3. The window isn't supposed to fit in the space and there's supposed to be a strip of glass there as a design decision.

One thing I'm sure of is that it's not a vent because they don't look like that. Whatever the case it's a perfectly reasonable complaint to have about an otherwise decent car.

Edit: actually, having had a closer look at the exterior it does look like a vent in which case ignore all of the above and don't mind me.

Edited by Nacho Z

No Use For A Name

I don't like the handling at all. Still a fun car, but it performs around corners worse than a Vacca

mirthless

One of the nicest cars i have handled on gta, better than the t20, or the osiris, or most anything else.

It just flows, and doesn't bite back.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I don't like the handling at all. Still a fun car, but it performs around corners worse than a Vacca

I mean... it's an old super car. Old super cars require man handling and skill. They won't hold your hand. And they're not gonna corner as well unless they're really really light.

So that means they've done something right! :lol:

Edited by Scaglietti

marco6158

I still fail to see how that's normal. If there was some glass I could understand that, but there's a damn hole in the body, a hole. To me the car is weird with that hole in the back, I'm not saying I don't like the car as a whole (I actually plan to buy it), but that rear window is indeed weird. I have yet to see a car which has something similar to this:

1482207323-gsgwiny.jpg

I had a look at the XJ220, which I already knew well, but I'm probably missing something. I don't understand why they have modeled the Penetrator in that way by looking at the real one.

Jaguar-XJ220-3.jpg

Edited by marco6158

Gnocchi Flip Flops

:sigh: I'll never understand some people...

MechanicMammal

I kinda like the looks and things like the roof I think was intentional. Like all the P/V cars from the DLC so far I also think the price is pretty amazing. The handling is sluggish but I have actually been driven in a XJ220 before and yeah by today's standards it was really sluggish and heavy feeling handling with lots of turbo lag, it was also not a user friendly vehicle by any means for example the engine and transmission have to get up to temperature before you can even change gear in the real car.

My main fault I can find is actually with the upgrades, that silly bonnet/hood scoop why? the engine is in the back so it is not for that, it is side mounted so it is not for the brakes, it is a pointless and wrong upgrade and looks a bit rubbish but you do not have to fit it so it does not bother me.

I have no regrets buying one it is fun to drive around for variety I would never use it in a race but it is not that far of the pace tbh,

coelacanth72

I really like the car overall, props to r* for bringing in the old infernus or xj220, however you want to look at it. I'm especially impressed that R* used the original xj220 concept specs with a v12 and awd. Having said that, this one does feel a little watered down from the real life vehicle. I know it's an old car but the xj220 held both top speed and nuremburgring records so it should be more competitive. Not the fastest but up there. Also there's just something unsavory about the body I can't put my finger on. All the swoops and curves of the xj220 that made it look like a living thing have been subdued in the penetrator so it feels kind of flat. It's not the gap or the headlights, just overall it's not quite there. Still one of the most beautiful cars in the game though, congrats to those of you who own one.

marco6158

:sigh: I'll never understand some people...

Since I think you're a valuable member of this community I'd be happy to hear valid motivations from you and what makes you think that its intentional. A good explanation without being too vague would be appreciated since what you wrote until now didn't look much specific to me.

I'd be more than happy to hear them.

Edited by marco6158

JesusFR33K

I think it's one of the few cars without faults.

Oh and btw it's Arthur Fookin Shelby not Arthur 'Fookin' Shelby.

They made it even better with the v12. Any closer and Jag would sue.

Ledorus

I still fail to see how that's normal. If there was some glass I could understand that, but there's a damn hole in the body, a hole. To me the car is weird with that hole in the back, I'm not saying I don't like the car as a whole (I actually plan to buy it), but that rear window is indeed weird. I have yet to see a car which has something similar to this:

1482207323-gsgwiny.jpg

I had a look at the XJ220, which I already knew well, but I'm probably missing something. I don't understand why they have modeled the Penetrator in that way by looking at the real one.

Jaguar-XJ220-3.jpg

There IS glass there though. Go to the mod shop and look at the window tints. The gap is tinted too.

AndrewTfromNZ

... I like that it's AWD. Braking sucks, but who cares, its a 1992 super car. I treat mine like more of a sports classic.

Could be the braking was set to make it more authentic for that model. Just gotta call Mors.

pvJslDp.jpg

Coprone

I love it, as it looks like 90's concept super car.

Spadge

Well, I'm glad most people still appreciate the car. I do as well, but I'm still missing the animated headlight covers.

Edited by Spadge

Foxwolfe

Stop talking about the gap people, it definitely looks to be intentional, it's glass and will tint with the rest of the rear window.

Well I mean, feel free to say you hate it design wise heh, that's fair. But calling it a bug or flaw feels misleading.

Edited by Foxwolfe

JohnnyXR

I just hate the interior, besides that nothing else really.

Mazawattee

I'm not disappointed by the Penetrator at all. I actually enjoyed it a lot while I had it. The only thing I'm disappointed in is how poor I am where I had to sell it if I wanted to try the Comet Retro.

Fungus007

Does traction improve with a custom spoiler? 

Darekl92
11 hours ago, Fungus007 said:

Does traction improve with a custom spoiler? 

As with every car. 2nd spoiler option (even if it is 'remove spoiler', basically every other option than 1st, deflaut one) always adds traction. The only exception is that Lambo SUV (forgot name, Toro?) where front bumpers add traction instead.