1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What if GTAO was the best game ever?

HamwithCheese

HamwithCheese

This isn't B&Ming or wishlisting, it's a hypothetical situation. We know that this game has issues, nearly 30,000 comments in B&M proves that. And it's things that have solutions, rather easy ones at that. So what if R* fixed them? The big ones.

What if the server's actually worked? What if the AI was improved, or less restrictions regarding CEO and biker work? Less of a focus on PvPvE or adversary modes? What if buying money actually gave you enough? What if 5 dollars gets you 3 million GTA bucks?

If issues like that were resolved, would r* really not make as much money as they did now? Wouldn't more people play or buy the game? More impatient people? Won't this type of business hurt them in the long run? People left with sour tastes and refusing to buy another r* game because it'll end up being another game filled with 3 million dollar saddles or 12 grand hats? Someone here has some business sense, and I'd like to hear what you guys think. Pls no wishlisting and moaning.

Edited by HamwithCheese

I don't think I've heard anyone not buy the game due to it having a few online bugs and it being "unfair".

People will buy it regardless of some minor glitches in the online mode because it's Grand Theft Auto.

And such a clickbait title btw, this forum moans about all the GTA5 youtubers but it's looking a lot like it atm.

Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby
  • Like 7

In a perfect world players would appreciate if Rockstar fixed all those issues with their game. But since it's not a perfect world Rockstar isn't going to fix those issues and even if they did (not going to happen), players wouldn't be grateful anyway, because they'd cry about everything and start talking about how everything was better before those fixes.

Rockstar would still make money, not fixing that stuff doesn't bring in more money, Shark Cards and something else I don't know about make them earn money.

Maybe there would be less bitching about some things, but I'm pretty sure everyone would find out something to bitch about (without considering bugs), their lack of taste in cars, for example.

It's not

Till they fix the clothing

Edited by Quinn_flower
  • Like 2

The positives outweigh the negatives by a lot.

Imo, and I've said this for years.. Rockstar is the best at what they do.

• Like 2

HamwithCheese

I don't think I've heard anyone not buy the game due to it having a few online bugs and it being "unfair".

People will buy it regardless of some minor glitches in the online mode because it's Grand Theft Auto.

GTA? Yeah people will buy it, but what about their other games? Red Dead doesn't have the hold as GTA, and I already have a hesitation towards it. I mean will it even have an expanding single player campaign? Or will it focus solely on multiplayer? The way they've handled things here leaves me a little worried about how they conduct their business.

• Like 1

The positives outweigh the negatives by a lot.

Imo, and I've said this for years.. Rockstar is the best at what they do.

This. For every one unhappy player, there are 100 happy players.

LMAO 305

It's not

Till they fix the clothing

And my stuff too, and nightclubs, etc.

On topic: Of course - you put out a good product, then people want to buy it.
If you just play it safe with assumptions about what most people want, then people aren't going to be as likely to want to buy it (at least those who are interested in it for the game it was).
But that takes time to have much effect, I'd say. They're safe for another game, but if that one doesn't resolve some of the problems with this one, people will likely be more wary.

(Oh, and while this might not technically be a b*tch and moan thread, it's on kind of a slippery slope, and will probably descend into arguing soon).

• Like 2

I've been playing for years, and still think that this game wouldn't be 'the best game ever' even if all the issues were resolved, everything was balanced, and everyone got the content they wanted. The playerbase does more to ruin the game than the bugs do, and there's no patching that out.

• Like 2

One of the top 3 in my books.

Nothing is really beating gta online. At one point it was at the top 5 or 10 on vg charts and recently it hit 6 million in the UK alone. Something tells me the only game that'll beat it is the upcoming Red Dead.

Same thing that happened to GTA IV: People will beg for a sequel,and it will not be the same thing

HamwithCheese

I'm not saying it doesn't work, it works brilliantly. Probably the best business strategy I've seen come into place. I'm just asking wouldn't it work better if the actual game was, how do I put this, less greedy? (Again, not b&ming)

Game would be good if hydras weren't so easy to recall, didn't have exploding bullets and couldn't go passive. But R* won't do that because jet griefers means more Shark Card sales after getting your CEO sh*t destroyed for the umpteenth time in a public lobby.

• Like 1

askinnywhitedildo

Game would be good if hydras weren't so easy to recall, didn't have exploding bullets and couldn't go passive. But R* won't do that because jet griefers means more Shark Card sales after getting your CEO sh*t destroyed for the umpteenth time in a public lobby.

Oh, Jesus Christ.

• Like 2

You know who has business sense? R* does. We can all just play the game to make money or buy shark cards to avoid having to play the game and they've made close to a billion real dollars of "micro-transactions". Now that's business sense!

They also managed to create the illusion of servers without wasting all the money real servers cost. That alone took tons of disregard for the gameplay which could only be thought up by some highly paid suit. IMO business sense is ruining awesome games but it's making games awesome by investing large amounts into their production.

IMO GTAO is one of the best and I'm happy it's not the only best game out there.

Well, I only play one game at a time. And I've played GTA:O almost a year now, regardless of its flaws, so there is that.
Doesn't mean it's my favorite/the best game ever but....

• Like 2

GTAO is my favourite game. The GTA series is amongst my favourite game series, followed closely by Sims.

Edited by N R G

KornbreadMaf1a

I'm not saying it doesn't work, it works brilliantly. Probably the best business strategy I've seen come into place. I'm just asking wouldn't it work better if the actual game was, how do I put this, less greedy? (Again, not b&ming)

If you feel the need to say your not bitching and moaning then you probably are bitching and moaning.

In all seriousness you can just go passive or switch sessions. I complain about them all the time and go passive or try and kill them.

I've been playing for years, and still think that this game wouldn't be 'the best game ever' even if all the issues were resolved, everything was balanced, and everyone got the content they wanted. The playerbase does more to ruin the game than the bugs do, and there's no patching that out.

Agree. I reckon 98% of my negative experiences with the game have been player generated rather than due to bad game design or programming.

AndrewTfromNZ

OK. GTA IS THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD EVER! ARE YOU BLIND? If you don't agree then S H U T U P !!!

• Like 1

OK. GTA IS THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD EVER! ARE YOU BLIND? If you don't agree then S H U T U P !!!

ZHmHih5.png

• Like 3