Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,665 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Amnesia.

Most underrated part of this update: Background music

rfdsafrtfdffres

backround music is super important and is really good in this game

cant imagine the game without it

its so under rated

Edited by rfdsafrtfdffres

High King

EASILY my favorite track from the new update, my favorite track on GTA Online, and probably one of my favorite tracks from any video game score. The composer goes by "Take a Daytrip" on Soundcloud, he's actually pretty talented.

Edited by High King

Skeve613

I don't really like the "pew pew pew peeeeeew" swag horn that plays sometimes

Parts of the new music sounds good, but I kinda makes me think of the music people would put in a cheap "gangster" flashgame

To those who live new background tracks, congratulations on being right, this music rocks.

To those who don't, check your hearing aid batteries, HA!

To those who feel it overtakes the engine sounds...can't you adjust that in the settings? I haven't tried since I like the music over the vroom vroom of the engine, but I would assume it can be turned down.

Adjusting the music audio to 0 does fix the issues with the worser tracks. While I'm not a fan of most of it so far, I've found a few tracks I do like since I first posted... now if only I was on PC, I could make a macro to let me automatically disable music with one button press whenever a track I don't like comes on.

I'm willing to bet that those who can't stand it at all never really liked trap/dubstep music in the first place.

Probably very true.

For me, I'd rather listen to 10 minutes of the Crazy Bus theme than 10 minutes of any Dubstep song I've heard to date:

Capt_Of_Wolves

I really like the background music.. The other music in the game I just hate so much.

Darekl92

TBH one of weakest scores background music so far.

Lacks proper melody. Notes are totally unexpected and not really smooth tone.

Some moments even sound like broken cop sirens or tornado warning alerts.

And it is way too loud. Specially when we focus on cars sounds.

Biker DLC had better composed themes, but still repetitve and annoying.

Take a look at Deadline adversary mode background music. Although it is still electronics, it sounds lot better and doesn't make Your ears bleed.

GTAFanClub

I like it but I still usually just turn to Los Santos Rock Radio while i'm in the car.

Mogg

While the new music has a certain suspense element, I will admit there are parts of it that sticks too far out from the background and sort of ruins the suspense experience and makes it an annoying musical element. Other tracks from other parts of the game has never done that to me.

On what constitutes music and instruments and musicians; I lived with one of these laptop guys during my university years, and he made a good case on calling a cd player an instrument. What gave him jobs was not his ability to mash randomly chosen samples together in any entry level software, but his ability to do it on a certain level. Granted, his musicianship wasn't centered around creating music and other traditional musicianships - it was to have the dancefloor moving, and he did that well with his skill and his dancefloor instruments - effect boards and indeed a laptop.

"It's like saying 'Give a man a Les Paul guitar and he becomes Eric Clapton,' you know. It's not true. And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us." - Roger Waters some time in the 'true' 'musicianship' era.

In my ear that quote translates fairly well to these laptop guys. You won't become Calvin Harris or whomever just by buying a laptop.

Come to think of it, even Pink Floyd was accused of automating music with their synthesizers, with people claiming they didn't play live any more.

... So that's my take on the new soundtracks (-:

Shadowfennekin

The background music really is nice.

I haven't turned on my radio at all, I just listen to the new background music.

Red Lynx 23

If only they added some of this background music to the R* Editor.

Acky.

Completely agree, the Import/Export Update score is amazing! I find myself turning off the radio stations to listen to it!

seven50iL

I really like it; especially since I am using headphones. Like others mentioned it the production does have a trap music vibe to it. Need more scores with 808's in here tbh

Awesome9822

It was a nice change at first but after grinding the cars for a bit, it gets repetitive and old really fast.

But I will admit it's nice that Rockstar added some new music rather than recycling old music.

Buuuutttt......This kind of music isn't my cup of tea. Too computerized(is that even a word?) for me. I mostly prefer something that isn't digitally made.
Just my personal opinion (Not like it matters but hey whatever) :v

Fugitive69

I like it!

Ribsey

Adds to the experience but there's that one track that's literally just

DEE-DEE-DEE (airhorn-airhorn)

Found it:

On the other hand a track like this has an actual flow, with bass kick (the occasional horn makes me laugh on this one).

This is THE best to hear

Edited by Ribsey

UniqueAsh

I luv the background music FTW

james42519

hate. part around 2:00 is real annoying.

Rafae

Gullywax >>>>>>

WHEW

Khephera

hate. part around 2:00 is real annoying.

Yep. Tbh., all of the "music" related to I/E, CEO and Biker stuff is so f*cking annoying... I'm fed up with this sh*t. I've now turned off ingame music completely just because of that. Thanks R*!

And now, when someone's entering my car/bike, they ask why don't you turn on this or that radio station, or plz turn on self radio (PC)..... "I f*cking haven't and I don't bother anymore because I've turned off the hole music!" Again, thanks R*.

I srsly don't get how someone can like this stupid, retarded background music.... kill yourself!

Edited by Khephera

Goingcrowd9

I hate this music. If I steal or sell a car I put on a radio station like LRR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE or mute my tv and put on my headphones (in case the radio stations don't provide a song I like).

I do like the 'original background music' tough... and we really should be able to mute JUST the background music...

Stepupmoose

why do people hate the background music? ik its repetitive but it adds tone to the gameplay

whywontyoulisten
Posted (edited)

why do people hate the background music? ik its repetitive but it adds tone to the gameplay

Because everything since the original mission music (also used in Special Cargo crate missions) has been irritatingly overpowering and in your face, which is the opposite of what an ambient soundtrack should be. It should set the tone, without drawing your attention to it. I have to admit the Doomsday Heist music is a major improvement over the farts and bleeps of recent times...have the original composers returned?

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Killer Whale

Dammit, and I'm here with the muted audio because I can't stand the game's radio anymore. I guess I'll have to unmute it just for the new songs. I have a soft spot for the Import/Export music. Who knows? Maybe I'll like these new ones.

Fireboy769

I like the Act 3 music the most. I'll just call it Attack of the Clones theme because all of Act 3 involves Avon's clones in one way or another.

Dr.Rosenthal

I just gotta say this whole discussion about what qualifies as "real" music is so old and stupid to be honest.

Someone trained in classical music and classical musical theory might say that rock musicians "don't know real music". Hell, some musicians admit to not even knowing how to read notes, and still they've made songs that's become hits all over the world.

Doesn't matter if you write for orchestra or if you scream indecencies in a punk rock song or use audio effects in Ableton Live, as long as it sounds and some people can connect with it or enjoy it, it's music. Why would a computer not be an instrument like any other? Where do you draw the line exactly? Why does a piano or a guitar qualify, but not a Macbook? What about a capella music? Barbershop? Synthesizers?

I love music, and all kinds of it. I can enjoy Bach and then in another mood put on dubstep. I honestly don't give a flying f*ck how the music was made, as long as it makes me feel how I want to feel.

Gtaman_92

Naw, it's annoying asf.

GTA-Biker

Honestly,I dislike GTA 5/Online ambient music.At first it may seem cool,but after years of playing the game it became repetitive and annoying.Also,sometimes the music doesn't fit the situation at all (for example,during missions I could just be slowly driving to the objective,but the game is playing some intense music like if there was a shootout or a chase going on),which looks really stupid.The ambient music is the main reason why I muted the music and instead listen to music I like if I feel like listening to something (to be honest,the radio also got a bit boring after a few years,but I could live with that if the ambient music wasn't so annoying).Hopefully R* lets us mute the ambient music without also muting the radio in the next GTA.

elfoam

Screw background music, mines been turned off for ages, started to annoy the sh*t out of me after being repeated 10 million times

Chang

While cruzings in my Vestra @ 6000 ft+ with the engines cut off @ sunset or sunrise.

:) I Chang

Rykjeklut

Never seen this topic before,and never heard the songs. I'm glad I turned off music volume back in 2015.

puredorian

Bikers set a good tone, but was too too repetitive, with little to no variation.

Im/Ex was the worst. Just not fitting and annoying loud farts.

Original mission music was the best, sets the right mood and overall tone, that tied perfectly with gameplay without any critical interruption.

Heists OG OST was good as well. Tangerine Dream did a great job, without them game lost its charm a bit.