Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,665 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Amnesia.

Most underrated part of this update: Background music

Amnesia.

Probably my favorite score:

Ker Juice

Can`t stand it, hate how it just overshadows the glorious engine sounds of my cars and the environment. I also find it annoying, especially when its on repeat with each warehouse delivery.

Try playing around with your audio settings- you should be able to get the sound effects (like your car's engine) louder than the BGM.

Chrome Toyota Prius

It makes everything so much more intense.

At one point, I was stealing a Tropos Rallye with absolutely no resistance at all, yet one of the songs that was playing was making the challenge of not crashing into the sea of sporadically lane-changing Patriots and 9Fs so much more nerve wracking.

Punker104

Haha sorry broski but "this is lit af fam" translates to "if you really like music you will HATE this stuff" lol sorry but I had to. Not into hipster dub/trap/edm/whatever the hell you want to call this "easy to make on a computer noise".

WTF kind of 'wrong generation' nonsense is this? That's an incredibly closeminded way of looking at music and people that like stuff that differs to what you like. I thought we got past this dumbass 'anything made on a computer isn't REEL music' back in the 90s.

Well technically he's right, music by definition is something made with an instrument. A computer is not an instrument. When u go see this live it's a guy with a computer. Maybe they're artists, but they aren't musicians

ScrappyBauer

Last time i checked being a musician was being able to play one or more instruments, these are just kids with too much time + an overrated apple product and a program having some "fun".

I really don't know why this gets categorized as music, f*ck that... next thing some of you are gonna say is that your f*cking homemade sh*tty video is a f*cking movie.

Edited by ScrappyBauer

Chrome Toyota Prius

I don't care at all whether they could be classified as musicians or not. If it sounds good to me I'm going to call it music.

Amnesia.

Last time i checked being a musician was being able to play one or more instruments, these are just kids with too much time + an overrated apple product and a program having some "fun".

I really don't know why this gets categorized as music, f*ck that... next thing some of you are gonna say is that your f*cking homemade sh*tty video is a f*cking movie.

You're one of those people that hate seeing others enjoy something that you don't enjoy.

Don't be one of those people.

ScrappyBauer

EDIT: i'm too tired to use the forum i f*cked up my response...

Edited by ScrappyBauer

Dr WGA Labriskagni

Its ight, but the best score was the Prison break set up for the Casco...

Dacelo

Well technically he's right, music by definition is something made with an instrument. A computer is not an instrument. When u go see this live it's a guy with a computer. Maybe they're artists, but they aren't musicians

He's not right, even technically - music is still music even if it is not able to be performed live.

Not only is it closeminded to have such a narrow view of what constitutes music, it's very disrespectful to people who have made careers out of it.

PvTails

I think the Score from this update is pretty cool. I just like the soundtrack for this game. But like most music it all depends on the taste of the user.

Haha sorry broski but "this is lit af fam" translates to "if you really like music you will HATE this stuff" lol sorry but I had to. Not into hipster dub/trap/edm/whatever the hell you want to call this "easy to make on a computer noise".

WTF kind of 'wrong generation' nonsense is this? That's an incredibly closeminded way of looking at music and people that like stuff that differs to what you like. I thought we got past this dumbass 'anything made on a computer isn't REEL music' back in the 90s.

Ok you are completely wrong. A computer is a tool, a instrument , a paint brush, just like any instrument it only sounds good in the right hands.

Mach1bud

Sounds like music to me, and I am an old school kinda guy. Idk what it is called, but I like it.

Punker104

'the tones or sounds employed, occurring in single line (melody) or multiple lines (harmony), and sounded or to be sounded by one or more voices or instruments, or both.'

Key word being instruments, seems pretty cut and dry to me. U talk about disrespecting people who have made a career out of it? What about how the musician feels, who can play 8 instruments or something, sees a laptop guy and hands him a guitar and says play me a tune, a few notes even and laptop guy goes 'Na man I just push buttons or mix other people's music together'

Each to their own, to me it's isn't music, it never will be. As I said, it's and art. It's not music.

Oh, I also don't get Ur paint brush reference, as no one makes music with a paint brush... Paintbrushes are used to make art, like other non instruments used by artists... So computers...

Edited by Punker104

Dacelo

Most musicians aren't gatekeeping assholes so they don't have a problem with the definition of music being loose.

A computer is both an instrument and a tool to combine the sounds of various instruments together to create music.

All you do with a piano is push buttons to make noise, just like a laptop apparently does - is the problem that computers are digital? If that's the case what about synthesizers, are they real instruments?

You talk about mixing other people's music together - sampling has been used for decades and decades in many different genres so I don't see how that is relevant.

And what about digital art? It doesn't include a real canvas or real materials, it's just pressing a pen to a tablet and making colours. Not real art, clearly. (sarcasm)

Punker104

'all u do with a piano is push buttons to make noise'

Wow... Just wow... I can't even...

Affalterbach

This is so f*cking amazing man. I usually hate the background music', but this is lit af fam.

This is why I keep the music turned off ingame. I have this thing, it's called a "stereo". With big speakers. And a turntable, cd player, fm radio, and a laptop with 100 gb of music hooked up to it. I listen to what I want to listen to. :D

Its way better than the background music we used to have, bro. It has a nice beat, its not like we listening to it on full blast 24/7, its just when doing the missions, gives a nice vibe to it. In-game music aint sh*tty either, we just got bored off the same stuff for three years long. Nowadays i just put spotify on and play that way.

Keep in mind that we all have different taste in music, no need to bash others taste in music.

Edited by Affalterbach

Khephera

.https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/music

Definition of music

a: the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and intemporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity

b: vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony

As I said, it's and art. It's not music.

Do you mean that what you hear isn't music or how that what you hear is produced excludes it from being music?
Even if I would go with this that doing one thing is an art and the other isn't, I would say that playing a guitar, in a band, or in an entire orchestra is more of an art than working on the turntables or with the computer.

Whatever, I don't think that, let's say "handmade", which I think is kind of your issue with this, is somehow required for something to be defined and expierenced as music or something that constitues music. It's actually pretty irrelevant to music how it's produced, except for some metalheads for some reason.^^ (not meaning you, Punker ;) )

Edited by Khephera_87_GER

Nomis24

The heist music was good, I didnt even realise there was a background music because it fit so good with the action, but this music is the opposite for me. I found myself so many time trying to turn off the radio in my car just to find out that its not the radio but the background music. Its just not for me and I just feel like its not a good action background music.

Punker104

.https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/music

Definition of music

a: the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and intemporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity

b: vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony

As I said, it's and art. It's not music.

Do you mean that what you hear isn't music or how that what you hear is produced excludes it from being music?

Even if I would go with this that doing one thing is an art and the other isn't, I would say that playing a guitar, in a band, or in an entire orchestra is more of an art than working on the turntables or with the computer.

Whatever, I don't think that, let's say "handmade", which I think is kind of your issue with this, is somehow required for something to be defined and expierenced as music or something that constitues music. It's actually pretty irrelevant to music how it's produced, except for some metalheads for some reason.^^ (not meaning you, Punker ;) )

This is a heaps better reply than piano is just pushing buttons!? I guess ur right, my problem is how it's made. I'll give u an example. This morning I was listening to the radio, the people hosting the show had a person on the line who laughed funny. It was a high pitched, on and off noise. The hosts then looped it, put a generic beat behind it, some words to the effect of get up! And called it the next hit song. Now to me in sounded like a normal dubstep or whatever it's called song. Something close to that genre I guess. At no stage did it take any musical talent to create that. I mean come on, anyone can do that.

I guess that's my point, anyone can do it, it takes no musical knowledge or talent. Playing an instrument in a band, orchestra, composing music over several instruments does.

Now at no stage have I said these people aren't talented, sure it's a talent, but to me, it's not musical talent. Hence why I call it an art form. Their expressing themselves, but to me it's not through music. It's alot different to the bands I enjoy who literally just picked up an instrument because music meant something to them and made a career out of it.

Either way, music or art, the genre sounds like rubbish

Edited by Punker104

Khephera

Well, then you can say it's bad music (in your opinion, or maybe even in musical terms like when you've studied music or something). I myself have a huge dislike for dumbstep (but I love other electronical music genres), although I still wouldn't deny that it's music.

Dacelo

To clarify 'All you do with a piano is push buttons to make noise' was meant to be read sarcastically, to help you understand that anything can sound easy if you word it in the right way. I don't actually think anybody can just sit at a piano and start playing songs - just like I don't think people can sit down at a computer and start making music.

Have you tried it, Punker? Because if, in your eyes, anyone can make electronic music, I would like you to make some for me.

Sir Michael

Turned music off because I've heard every radio stations hundreds of times by now, which also loses background music.

Self Radio pls :/

I did the same thing myself. At this point, I just turn on Pandora or Groove for something more up to date or for my own playlists. It got annoying hearing the same scores and songs for the past two or three years, I'd rather listen to the trees or any ambient sound.

Even then, I wish Spotify wasn't exclusive to PS4. :(

Edited by Sir Michael

Punker104

To clarify 'All you do with a piano is push buttons to make noise' was meant to be read sarcastically, to help you understand that anything can sound easy if you word it in the right way. I don't actually think anybody can just sit at a piano and start playing songs - just like I don't think people can sit down at a computer and start making music.

Have you tried it, Punker? Because if, in your eyes, anyone can make electronic music, I would like you to make some for me.

I gave u a perfect example of earlier when this has happened. Hell my kids can do it on the ipad with garage band. If you don't think that people can actually do it easily then u are misguided.

I can and have made plenty of music, in a proper studio with a band and demo's and samples on a computer. It really can be pretty easy. Add drum beat, add ur noise and loop it. Boom. Am I gonna take time to make up some sh*tty sample to show you? No, google it my friend, I'm sure you'll find plenty of YouTube video's that can have u pumping out stuff in no time. On the same YouTube u can find guitar or other musical instrument lessons that will take months and years to learn.

Khephera

I don't actually think anybody can just sit at a piano and start playing songs - just like I don't think people can sit down at a computer and start making music.

http://www.sequencer.de/blog/test-propellerheads-reason-3/2454 (whoops german website)

...http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/propellerhead-reason-v3

Reason was always a nice programm. :) Yes, pretty much, if you put some effort into it. Basically everyone can start making some music.

Kyrrari

All it does is make me wish I could mute bgm even more. But I can't because Radio and BGM are the same in the options. I'll listen to Loggins all day, but when sh*t ass migraine inducing "music" bypasses mic audio ducking, f*ck that literal noise. I'm sick of having to actually say "Sorry, I couldn't hear you, Rockstar was trying to rape my ears". At least in vehicles the radio bypasses it, but if you're on foot, you're f*cked. That bullsh*t is loud as hell, even compared to explosions.

Edited by Kyrrari

Dacelo

I gave u a perfect example of earlier when this has happened. Hell my kids can do it on the ipad with garage band. If you don't think that people can actually do it easily then u are misguided.

So you're just a grumpy old man who's angry that the world is changing and that's scary to you , got it. It was hard to tell your age from how disjointed everything you post is.

Try to open your mind a little and listen to more than some oldies station or whatever you listen to and you'll realise that you're losing out on a lot of good music by being so closeminded.

Punker104

So you're just a grumpy old man who's angry that the world is changing and that's scary to you , got it. It was hard to tell your age from how disjointed everything you post is.

Try to open your mind a little and listen to more than some oldies station or whatever you listen to and you'll realise that you're losing out on a lot of good music by being so closeminded.

Hardly, my kids are 4 and 6, I'm 32. I see Ur choosing to ignore the fact that a 4 and 6 year old can indeed make music on an ipad. Or the links in the other post showing how easy it is.

But you go man, bring this down to a level, make it about age, despite the fact u were way off. I mean look at you offering me advice about music, when u were completely off about how easy it is to do, and also think it's simple to do stuff on a piano. Good day to u sir.

Edited by Punker104

Dacelo

Then it's bizarre to me that someone your age has a more narrow definition of what constitutes 'real music' and what doesn't than my elderly relatives , but okay, ditch that whole thing -

Garageband is not a high-level music creating program - it's little more than a toy for messing around with during long drives to places or whatever. I've never met any professional who uses it, even the desktop version, because of its limitations. My best guess is that your kids navigated through to some of the samples or default songs and fiddled with it a bit to make something that sounds new - and that's cool! Really, Garageband is a great tool to introduce people who are either reluctant or uninterested into the realm of music creation...but not much else.

And if it -was- an entirely new song, what exactly is the issue with music becoming more accessible for more people to enjoy?

PaletoJoe

Sure got salty in here

Punker104

Then it's bizarre to me that someone your age has a more narrow definition of what constitutes 'real music' and what doesn't than my elderly relatives , but okay, ditch that whole thing -

Garageband is not a high-level music creating program - it's little more than a toy for messing around with during long drives to places or whatever. I've never met any professional who uses it, even the desktop version, because of its limitations. My best guess is that your kids navigated through to some of the samples or default songs and fiddled with it a bit to make something that sounds new - and that's cool! Really, Garageband is a great tool to introduce people who are either reluctant or uninterested into the realm of music creation...but not much else.

And if it -was- an entirely new song, what exactly is the issue with music becoming more accessible for more people to enjoy?

I said good day!!??

Na just Joshin, I think how they did it is completely irrelevant? The point is it's easy to do and that u don't need a professional program to do it. Which earlier u said something like people can't just sit down at a computer and make music that easily.

Anyway, I really am done, this could go in foooorrreeeeeveeerrrr.

u like that style of music. I don't. But we both like gta. After all, it's Xmas, we're supposed to be jolly.

Edited by Punker104