1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Custom Auto Shop

mysteriousamg

mysteriousamg

What is the point of it. Somebody fill me in. I have found no use for it beside the lounge area

It's exactly the same as LSC. Not worth it when it takes less than 30 seconds to get to one in LS.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

It's not worth it if you don't care about lighting or having the convenience of not having to drive to LSC. Which is stupid.

It looks a lot better, there's no god awful Radio Los Santos playing in the background, did I mention it looks better, the lighting helps you customize your cars especially when picking a color. It's just- why complain about it? I've seen people criticize some dumb ass stuff but this? How could you even argue the point of it?

You people... :sigh:

I'm chuffed about it.

LSC is always a warzone and some dumb motherf*cker always shoots the mechanic so you have to drive to the next on which is east LS or the airport.

-I don't have to worry about looking at ricers.

-I have a backdrop of the ocean so I can watch the sunset as I modify my car.

-The natural lighting is fantastic so I can see every little detail and see how the colour of my car will actually turn out.

-I won't be murdered.

-There's a see-through floor with money underneath.

I will add to this.

Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby

mysteriousamg

How do you get your cars in there to modify. I am clueless

The modshop is basically a new benny's shop. You can upgrade benny's cars there, and you have access to all benny mods. You access it by clicking right on the dpad when you're in a car in the garage.

• Like 3

The modshop is basically a new benny's shop. You can upgrade benny's cars there, and you have access to all benny mods. You access it by clicking right on the dpad when you're in a car in the garage.

this.

also , you can simply leave the car ,walk around , take a seat , (apparently) watch TV in there etc .... so it s an excellent spot to take pictures/Wallpapers ;)

Edited by nido997
  • Like 2

It's not worth it if you don't care about lighting ..

Then it's a good reason, I caught myself driving to the desert mod shop sometimes because they respray it with the door open, with direct sunlight.

TheLordMarvel

What's the point of it?

It's your own personal mod shop, you don't need to waste time driving just to add a new mod, respray, etc;

Plus, you can get out and take dope pics of your cars like this. (Not my best photo, just a quick snap.)

TRUVRYx.jpg

• Like 1

I love it,

nothing worse then getting back to your garage and deciding you don't like the colour or rims you chose.

now it's just a click away, plus the flooring is bad ars*e

• Like 2

How do you get your cars in there to modify. I am clueless

I was too. Enter one of your vehicles in the new showroom garages and press right on the d-pad. It'll take you straight in to the auto shop

CaptainMarvel

It's not worth it if you don't care about lighting or having the convenience of not having to drive to LSC. Which is stupid.

It looks a lot better, there's no god awful Radio Los Santos playing in the background, did I mention it looks better, the lighting helps you customize your cars especially when picking a color. It's just- why complain about it? I've seen people criticize some dumb ass stuff but this? How could you even argue the point of it?

You people... :sigh:

Some of the more vocal characters here love to stick with a shtick, which is to either nitpick or just embellish to fit their narrative.

I agree with your post, better lighting and convenience helps with my car modding OCD. Zanthera's custom color thread (which should win all the awards) is going to be so useful with this update!

• Like 2

Ur all forgetting the most important thing. The biker mechanic was at first thought to be a waste, but it was the catalyst to one of the easiest solo duping glitches in history. Maybe this will be the same, haha

• Like 4

TiberiusMcQueen

Haven't used it yet, but I already love it, it's gonna make car modifying so much more convenient. Looks a thousand times better than LSC as well.

• Like 2

Question for those who bought it - does the flooring with the sharks on it actually have swimming animated sharks or is it just a decal?

I got it because I don't have to listen to that god-awful Radio Los Santos anymore, it's nice that it plays West Coast Classics as that's my 2nd favorite radio station in the game.

Question for those who bought it - does the flooring with the sharks on it actually have swimming animated sharks or is it just a decal?

It's a static decal, if it was an actual aquarium full of sharks, Rockstar would definitely price that at 10 million.
  • Like 3

Dang, thanks for saving me some money. Looks like I'm gonna go with another one then.

Maybe one day I can own a supervillain lair.

It's just a decal, a nice one though, but a decal nonetheless

Justitie make sure: the garage and mod shop is for pv's, right?

Jep. Not for friends or associates which kind of a bummer.

What do you have going on with "justitie" that it is in your quick list ;-). Doing some real life GTA?

What is the point of it. Somebody fill me in. I have found no use for it beside the lounge area

Lol I'm guessing you are trolling (?) as the lounge is the only area with no point to it.

Lol I'm guessing you are trolling (?) as the lounge is the only area with no point to it.

Can you upgrade to have the auto shop later, if you buy only garages first?

edit; sorry, I accidentally quoted you.

Edited by Collibosher

Shadowfennekin

I'm chuffed about it.

LSC is always a warzone and some dumb motherf*cker always shoots the mechanic so you have to drive to the next on which is east LS or the airport.

That's exactly why I bought one and the Biker one too.

Too many assholes who shoot people leaving LSC and main LSC, the one closest to the 10 car garages is always a warzone

• Like 1

It's a static decal, if it was an actual aquarium full of sharks, Rockstar would definitely price that at 10 million.

And it would be worth every penny for that.

• Like 2

I proxy lsc all the time lmao 4 proxies 2 at each enterance the laugh when i forget i did it and then the same guy blows up 2-3 times

I proxy lsc all the time lmao 4 proxies 2 at each enterance the laugh when i forget i did it and then the same guy blows up 2-3 times

I'll proxy you with some tim bits if you do that to me sunshine.

whywontyoulisten

Yeah, who the hell would want to relax and watch TV whilst breathing in paint fumes and listening to the sounds of metal fabrication?

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Cackling Jack

I like it. I like not having to worry about the LSC being closed by some f*ukwits killing the poor bloke all the time. I like how it adds the style to my office/garages. I didn't even have worry about paying for it as a add on. Seriously I don't get people sometimes but everyone is different as has different views.