1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Special Vehicles unavailable in Contact Missions

Alvarez

As discovered by Foreverpast:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/875471-psa-you-can-upgrade-special-vehicles/?p=1069276579

...Special Vehicles from newest update aren't available in Contact Missions. You can't call them via Pegasus service, you can't call them by your mechanic, you cannot enter your garage with them to save them as a PV, yet they have a call cooldown, like PV.

New Special Vehicles from Import/Export Update are damned to be

SOLELY

FOR

FREEROAM.

Let that sink in.

Consider this, if you enjoy contact missions and want to buy them. And you know what? Raise hell and write to Mouthoff why they cannot be used in Contact Missions.

Edited by Alvarez

As discovered by Foreverpast:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/875471-psa-you-can-upgrade-special-vehicles/?p=1069276579

...Special Vehicles from newest update aren't available in Contact Missions. You can't call them via Pegasus service, you can't call them by your mechanic, you cannot enter your garage with them to save them as a PV, yet they have a call cooldown, like PV.

New Special Vehicles from Import/Export Update are damned to be

SOLELY

FOR

FREEROAM.

Let that sink in.

Consider this, if you enjoy contact missions and want to buy them. And you know what? Raise hell and write to Mouthoff why they cannot be used in Contact Missions.

The only good thing is that they wouldn't clutter up my Pegasus list

• Like 3

Correct me if i am wrong but Pegasus vehicles cannot be ordered on missions? Am i right? I dont remeber it since im playing DM's only for a looong time.

Edited by AVARITIA

Correct me if i am wrong but Pegasus vehicles cannot be ordered on missions? Am i right? I dont remeber it since im playing DM's only for a looong time.

I've Buzzard'ed my way through Trash Talk a bajillion times.

Contact missions are Pegasus-friendly. Heists and Benny/Lamar missions/setups/finales are not

• Like 7

Contact missions are Pegasus-friendly. Heists and Benny/Lamar missions/setups/finales are not

Yup, you call in ANY Pegasus vehicle in missions....except this new stuff.

It almost feels like R*s next restrictive step.

Remember when DLC vehicles stopped coming to Story Mode, maybe R* is doing the same to online modes.....maybe.

:(

Can they at least be used in Invite Only lobbies?

Yes they can :)

Yes, any type of Free Roam, by yourself or public.

Edited by Foreverpast
  • Like 2

Bit lame to be honest, especially since the premise of making them "special vehicles" is kind of ... Gimmicky? I'm not sure that's the right way to describe it.

It's just they're probably never going to expand the list of special vehicles, so why not just make them Pegasus, and have them available to summon via SecuroServ (just like the Buzzard)?

That would allow you to get them without a warehouse, and you could use them in missions.

Not the end of the world, but it just seems like a needless limitation to them.

Edited by Hunter

Remember when DLC vehicles stopped coming to Story Mode, maybe R* is doing the same to online modes.....maybe.

So, do these new vehicles show up on the Pegasus list, or are they only summoned by CEO menu?

actually i was afraid of this... cause you can't even use the new bike mechanics from biker update in contact missions. thats where i thought ui ui ui they are not going to upgrade the contact missions anymore :-(

To me it feels like:

"C'mon, what are you doing with that old, dusty Contact Missions stuff? We have new freeroam activities. Try them, do it like all cool kids do. Do you not like it? Well i guess you can't play with new toys in this old sandbox anymore. They are chained over there."

actually i was afraid of this... cause you can't even use the new bike mechanics from biker update in contact missions. thats where i thought ui ui ui they are not going to upgrade the contact missions anymore :-(

What's the sad, non-fluffy equivalent of ui ui ui?

• Like 3

To be clear, the "Request Special Vehicle" option is still present right under "Request Personal Vehicle" during missions.

However it's dulled out & you are informed that's delivery is not possible.

ai ai ai :-( hihihi

• Like 3

2-3 million for a free roam only car? I'm good thanks, Rockstar. I'll go spend my money on dinosaur masks instead.

Wouldn't be too surprised if they released a cheaper gun-less PV version of the Aqua and the Technical at some point.

• Like 2

Handsome Jack

To me it feels like:

"C'mon, what are you doing with that old, dusty Contact Missions stuff? We have new freeroam activities. Try them, do it like all cool kids do. Do you not like it? Well i guess you can't play with new toys in this old sandbox anymore. They are chained over there."

Or even the heists too. That f*cking sucks ffs R*...

This may be R*'s laziness coming to fruition.

They just didn't think it through completely, not the first time this has happened.

Then again, they've had a habit of luring people to "Buy & Learn" with previous DLCs.

I remember when the Banshee came out for Benny's with R* boasting about it. Turned out it was slower than the normal version, & I even ended up in a multiple page argument with another member about why it was possibly so, considering it was over a week before R* even acknowledged the complaints about the vehicle. (I admit I ended up wrong about the reason, kinda since R* delivered a cheap patch to the "issue" at first.) So yeah, this now is probably just R* not really caring to think DLC through.....or if so not caring anyway. Why care when overplaying new content teases & rake in Shark card profits? By that point, they've already got more money & players are ripped off.

Edited by Foreverpast
  • Like 2

ai ai ai :-( hihihi

At some time, i encountered some Chinese cheater doing Pacific Standard and asked him to spawn a Buzzard during Convoy. I even have a short video of it at home, it was fun blowing up Merryweather from above.

Edited by Alvarez

This may be R*'s laziness coming to fruition.

They just didn't think it through completely, not the first time this has happened.

Then again, they've had a habit of luring people to "Buy & Learn" with previous DLCs.

I remember when the Banshee came out for Benny's with R* boasting about it. Turned out it was slower than the normal version, & I even ended up in a multiple page argument with another member about why it was possibly so, considering it was over a week before R* even acknowledged the complaints about the vehicle. So yeah, probably just R* not really caring to think DLC through.....or if so not caring. Why care when overplay new content teases & rake in Shark card profits? By that point, they've already got more money & players are ripped off.

Yeah. Glad for this thread. No shark card needed.

A lot of the upgrades (the sole benefit of making these "special vehicles" as opposed to Pegasus vehicles) don't really change that much. A lot of them are limited, and some can't be customized at all.

And besides, it could've been a good opportunity to roll out customization across the board with Pegasus vehicles.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot I like with the update, but I do think this aspect was a mistake, and they should've been Pegasus instead.

People actually play contact missions in 2016? lmao

I'm joking, I do it actually and is a shame that they're not available.

• Like 4

A lot of the upgrades (the sole benefit of making these "special vehicles" as opposed to Pegasus vehicles) don't really change that much. A lot of them are limited, and some can't be customized at all.

And besides, it could've been a good opportunity to roll out customization across the board with Pegasus vehicles.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot I like with the update, but I do think this aspect was a mistake, and they should've been Pegasus instead.

Hell, i'd even buy a completely new version of Pegasus vehicle.

Savage (reinforced armor version) - 3 Mio.

Buzzard (red) - 2,5 Mio

I bought the Marshall (Japan) as well as several others, so here's my money. Take it.

But why is Rockstar so eager to kill old to make place for new, if you can improve it? Too lazy to code or is it just the mentality of target audience majority?

People actually play contact missions in 2016? lmao

I'm joking, I do it actually and is a shame that they're not available.

They are still the most stable source of non-shark card income.

Given Heists & those Lamar "Contact Missions" have "player required #s or fail" crap.

Someone can team up with 3 others in TLSC, lag out & lose the other 3 players, but still finish.

Can't do that in a Heist. lol

• Like 2

To me it feels like:

And not just "freeroam-only" "CEO-only"

I would absolutely walk out from my Coke business and get told to get the Buzzard or Dodo for a delivery run from across the lake and I'd summon up the Aqua Blazer and just drive across the water like a boss and save the drive around to Grapeseed. But, NO! Bikers can't use Special Vehicles because reasons!

• Like 2

I'd pay 10s of millions for that.

• Like 3

My prediction on R*'s response in 2-3 weeks:

"Our team that released these Special Vehicles at the time felt they would be too overpowered in Missions & such".

Yes R*, a small Blazer with 50% of the firepower of an Annihilator Helicopter is overpowered in missions, compared to ummmm let me think.........

-Insurgent Pickup

-Karin Technical

-Turreted Limo

-Kuruma

-Rhino Tank

-Savage

-Buzzard

-Shall I go on?....because even the Annihilator outclasses that 4-wheeler.

Edited by Foreverpast

Handsome Jack

To me it feels like:

And not just "freeroam-only" "CEO-only"

I would absolutely walk out from my Coke business and get told to get the Buzzard or Dodo for a delivery run from across the lake and I'd summon up the Aqua Blazer and just drive across the water like a boss and save the drive around to Grapeseed. But, NO! Bikers can't use Special Vehicles because reasons!

Hopefully they do something about this. Because these restrictions are f*cking horse sh*t. A Sandbox game doesn't have restrictions wtf is this garbage? What a waste R* gotta quit f*cking up.

Edited by The Happy Clown
  • Like 4

You know what i would expect?

"Due to massive feedback to our fanbase, we have introduced Special Vehicles (Pegasus version) to purchase on Warstock Cache & Carry."

To be bought again. I would, though.

• Like 4

New ways to do existing contact missions would be half as good as new ones.

Mind boggling.

Handsome Jack

I'd pay 10s of millions for that.

Lol don't say that you never know what'll happen.

• Like 2