2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

TG_Stig

Elegy Retro Custom Appreciation Thread

Darekl92

Best one so far. Kinda sad the R34 didn't happen, but a lot of people were begging for the R32

Actually, one of the fender kits evokes a very R34 vibe. From the rear 3/4 view, when you combine the roofline with those fenders, the R34 all but jumps out at you.

I see more like R33 than R32, in fact can't find any R32 hints there.

Front speaks of 33 (R32 had orange turning lights), so tail lights. Got R34 vibe (1 taillight bigger), but in 95% is R33

4198371630_093aa46e03.jpg

4197615357_4865e00756.jpg

Overal mix of skylines, but mostly 33, with very little 34 touch.

We Are Ninja

^ Agreed.

EquanoxZ

I think that i might change a thing or two later. I also consider to get a second one for my main character and one for my second character.

2w2241t.jpg

afdp1c.jpg

2lazvi0.jpg

Edited by EquanoxZ

The Gator

Best one so far. Kinda sad the R34 didn't happen, but a lot of people were begging for the R32

Actually, one of the fender kits evokes a very R34 vibe. From the rear 3/4 view, when you combine the roofline with those fenders, the R34 all but jumps out at you.

I see more like R33 than R32, in fact can't find any R32 hints there.

Front speaks of 33 (R32 had orange turning lights), so tail lights. Got R34 vibe (1 taillight bigger), but in 95% is R33

4198371630_093aa46e03.jpg

4197615357_4865e00756.jpg

Overal mix of skylines, but mostly 33, with very little 34 touch.

Thanks for the correction/explanation (I'm no car expert lol)

StuntCurry707

GTAO%20ElegyR32%2001.jpgGTAO%20ElegyR32%2002.jpgGTAO%20ElegyR32%2003.jpgGTAO%20ElegyR32%2004.jpgGTAO%20ElegyR32%2005.jpgGTAO%20ElegyR32%2006.jpg

FrostyJ

Very nice. Don't care how it performs, I'm getting one tonight.

No need to worry about performance, it drives amazingly well. Absolutely demolished several races in a row in public race lobbies with it.

o8i8umIOp06xBk7dbW6MUg_0_0.jpg

Edited by Jakemo

KreatiivFox

Can someone explain why everyone's obsessed with this car?

It doesn't look that special to me.

ripsta

I LOVE THIS CARRRRRR!!!!

L1Dbouha2E-KXYX7SX-zWw_0_0.jpg

uQIEjv9qrUm7hM1aanI0Zg_0_0.jpgwC4aaA8WzEO5hzE8szYlHg_0_0.jpg

Fox2Quick

Good looking car, well known for amazing performance (for its time), iconic movie car, want what you can't have mentality (for Americans).

o0eVe0o

gona change it alot into something different when i can sit back down on my pc properly in a few weeks just wanted to see xD sorry for rez monitor is doing my head in lol

UDVcen3.jpg

uY4SggS.jpg

eU23qjG.jpg

Edited by o0eVe0o

Murciélago

Good looking car, well known for amazing performance (for its time), iconic movie car, want what you can't have mentality (for Americans).There are tons of R32s and R33s in the US right now so the last one doesn't really make sense Edited by KifflomBroBro

makekz

Good thing u fellas warned about losing all the upgrades. Now it makes sense to get a completely new elegy and do the makeover at Benny's

Fox2Quick

Good looking car, well known for amazing performance (for its time), iconic movie car, want what you can't have mentality (for Americans).
There are tons of R32s and R33s in the US right now so the last one doesn't really make senseThere aren't many 33s (unless you live in/around Florida, where illegal gray-market cars are abundant), 32s are still out of a lot of people's budget, and 34s are still illegal. Edited by Fox2Quick

-Kaas

Love it, except for the recycled Elegy sound. I wonder why they gave it the Sultan RS startup sound, but didn't bother giving it a proper engine sound.

6CexqvrZ.jpg

3KxLLqyf.jpg

6Dx6xPMU.jpg

qZJRyJOn.jpg

j83HDsKF.jpg

pollopelao

tumblr_no9oat2mKX1s14tp2o1_1280.jpg

qJ7wCwbyak6EQHo21cT6OQ_0_0.jpg

Murciélago

There are tons of R32s and R33s in the US right now so the last one doesn't really make senseThere aren't many 33s (unless you live in/around Florida, where illegal gray-market cars are abundant), 32s are still out of a lot of people's budget, and 34s are still illegal.That's true but them being illegal doesn't stop people from driving them. I've already seen around 10 R34s, 6 R33s, and like 50 R32s. (This is in LA btw)

Fox2Quick

There are tons of R32s and R33s in the US right now so the last one doesn't really make sense
There aren't many 33s (unless you live in/around Florida, where illegal gray-market cars are abundant), 32s are still out of a lot of people's budget, and 34s are still illegal.That's true but them being illegal doesn't stop people from driving them. I've already seen around 10 R34s, 6 R33s, and like 50 R32s. (This is in LA btw)More often than not, those are people with dual citizenship in Canada. Their exemption laws are only 10 years instead of 25. People have their family put utilities in their name north of the border and register the car there.

Yeah, there are a few illegal ones around. If people didn't ever do illegal things, then this game probably wouldn't exist. Not everyone wants to take the risk when they can wait a few years. Hence the demand.

Edited by Fox2Quick

Zarbon

Seems we had the same idea, pollopelao :)

ekym9oN.jpg

gCdvQOC.jpg

Murciélago

There are tons of R32s and R33s in the US right now so the last one doesn't really make sense
There aren't many 33s (unless you live in/around Florida, where illegal gray-market cars are abundant), 32s are still out of a lot of people's budget, and 34s are still illegal.That's true but them being illegal doesn't stop people from driving them. I've already seen around 10 R34s, 6 R33s, and like 50 R32s. (This is in LA btw)More often than not, those are people with dual citizenship in Canada. Their exemption laws are only 10 years instead of 25. People have their family put utilities in their name north of the border and register the car there.Yup, you're right. Three of the R34s I've seen had British Columbia plates. The rest had Japanese, Florida or California plates.

Fox2Quick

There aren't many 33s (unless you live in/around Florida, where illegal gray-market cars are abundant), 32s are still out of a lot of people's budget, and 34s are still illegal.
That's true but them being illegal doesn't stop people from driving them. I've already seen around 10 R34s, 6 R33s, and like 50 R32s. (This is in LA btw)More often than not, those are people with dual citizenship in Canada. Their exemption laws are only 10 years instead of 25. People have their family put utilities in their name north of the border and register the car there.Yup, you're right. Three of the R34s I've seen had British Columbia plates. The rest had Japanese, Florida or California plates.

Florida ones come from Black Ops, who have a terrible reputation. They've been raided multiple times and the customers have been tracked down and their cars have been taken. It's quite sad. It also makes this Elegy quite fitting for an illicit import/export dlc though, that's for sure.

(Trying to get a bit on topic)

The mods for it here go above and beyond what Forza and NFS have, so it's a nice variation. In dying to get off work so I can build one. Probably gonna do a Wangan Midnight themed R33 type of look. I'm loving the perfect blend of the 3 generations. The roof and pillars of the 32 work really well with the rounded lines abd slightly bloated look of a 33. The tail lights are such a nice mix of 32 lenses with the housing shape around it like the 34 without the seams overlapping onto the quarter panel. Even though the general body shape is closer to 33/34, I somehow am really drawn to how they left the quarters sticking out a hair farther than the rear bumper like the 32.

Only one more hour or so till I can get in on the action.

nido997

this car is soooooooooo , soooooo B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L (coming from a Porsche fan ) ! amazing car in deed ! ( and amazing Benny upgrade price of 900k lool :D ) , just look at it ! :

20161213203724_1.jpg20161213204011_1.jpghhh.jpg

20161213203715_1.jpg20161213204229_1.jpg

definitely my new favorite Benny Car so far ! kudos to R* for making this looks soooo close to the real life R33-R34 !

I wanted the "veteran" livery , just not too much stickers which is perfect , but then it has this "vintage " style and that doesn t go well with the car unfortunately, that´s a pity !

but hey ,it looks sooo awesome without livery !

StancevD

Had to do two.

Street

wd4Xygnu8USXedIT1LWaHg_0_0.jpg

CIVWPY-YHEeg7OSj0VUmUg_0_0.jpg

w3q4yDt7h0aJqPV7-UtYHA_0_0.jpg

IsYf7mPYb0a68l8IFJs_JQ_0_0.jpg

and race.

_d3CNlfrgk6Bqgj-GGTeUA_0_0.jpg

KoLEGSje8kq6KtJWJr2v6w_0_0.jpg

6Q9kqxTqoUG_k3vBMrFPlQ_0_0.jpg

pNA4RZToH02kJ54sLcF2fA_0_0.jpg

RockstarZigs

Customizing mine now but I think it was dope that they had one of the liveries named "Not Tonight Pizzaboy" quote from the first Fast & Furious movie

Murciélago

RXqpeqp.jpg

C1T4GVW.jpg

suf71GB.jpg

Edited by KifflomBroBro

Tomcat115

A $904,000 RH8 Benny's upgrade.

30776452644_813a3c0e6b_h.jpg

31580807576_b5e7536bfc_h.jpg

31245544580_44f097dbbc_h.jpg

31245543170_eb8e7e290d_h.jpg

31471105892_8c48e919ca_h.jpg

30776452894_ba9b5923ce_h.jpg

How did you take pictures at Benny's? I would like to do the same with my car. Your car looks great btw!

A Maned Wolf

^Call Pegasus while the garage door is open, and drive in when the select-a-vehicle menu shows up. Then simply hang up.

Works for the LSC as well.

JohnnyXR

I had no interest in this car at first, I mean it's alright. Then I saw some customization, and because it's new I'll be buying it. It'll never driven most likely, but eh. It's something nice I suppose.

Fox2Quick

A $904,000 RH8 Benny's upgrade.

30776452644_813a3c0e6b_h.jpg

31580807576_b5e7536bfc_h.jpg

31245544580_44f097dbbc_h.jpg

31245543170_eb8e7e290d_h.jpg

31471105892_8c48e919ca_h.jpg

30776452894_ba9b5923ce_h.jpg

How did you take pictures at Benny's? I would like to do the same with my car. Your car looks great btw!

Open up your phone or the start menu as you roll in. The door will stay open but it wont trigger the animation that puts you in "mod shop mode".

psymin

I know I'm not original but I f*cking love this car

IMG_20161213_130011_zps5rcieipv.jpg

IMG_20161213_130014_zps7vg4r8el.jpg

IMG_20161213_130026_zpsi6j15inw.jpg

BRAAAP_STUTUTU

So basically Benny can magically turn vehicles into completely different generations now?

Most likely Benny just trashed the RH8 and brought the retro Elegy with the 900k you gave him.

Proobably just takes the VIN-number of the new one to make the retro "legal"