4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Azazel

Case- & Hardware Modding

Presidential

Nice build.

Noale

Slowly but surely some new photos might come up. It's just that when I finish building something, the laziness kicks in and I basically want nothing more to do with it. :lol:

QXgqd1V.jpg

GFaA4Xx.jpg

KKWIzK4.jpg

jLkBVeM.jpg

Azazel

It's just that when I finish building something, the laziness kicks in and I basically want nothing more to do with it. :lol:

I know that feeling all too well. It's the process that's interesting. :)

Lovely shots! Although that up-side-down Seasonic logo is having a nasty effect on my OCD.

Noale

Yeah it's ticking my OCD off too. I originally intended to make TGF stickers for the fans as well.

But you already know what happened.

Got lazy. :lol:

Azazel

Quick Noale, there's only 142 left of these! :panic:

But in all seriousness, I've always loved the SilverStone TJ07, and been massively inspired by Charles/murderbox and MDPC. I remember getting excited when he first announced his vision for the "ultimate exclusive PC case" on the MDPC forums, but at that time I wasn't in a place in my life where I could spend that much on a single case, even if I wanted to. Was actually kinda sad watching the video, hearing how much he struggled and still struggles with the financial aftermath of this endeavor. I really do hope they sell, but I have a feeling it'll be difficult - that it's simply too late, a case that's beautiful, but dated, and massively expensive. :(

Noale

Ahhh the notorious murderbox. I've been following that case for so long. It led me to finding Million Dollar PC years back, and MDPC was actually what started my modding adventure. Also partly why I'm slightly in favor of using only MDPC sleeve, hah.

Like you, I think the case just arrived too late. The quality is definitely there, but times have changed. Back then, the Murderbox (even the base TJ07) was leagues ahead. But nowadays you can get a much cheaper case that matches it's exterior class. And for a price tag of $2,000, a fully scratch built case becomes an option.

Azazel

So. I just placed an order for a Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic in white. Apparently they're quite hard to come by, but are expected back in stock around the 27th, so fingers crossed! Not sure what I want to do with it yet, will figure that out once it arrives. :)

HaRdSTyLe_83

same here. was going to buy the case aswell, not for my main pc but it took one day for the store near me to sell all they had

next time i guess

Noale

Thanks for reminding me that I can't buy any more cases unless I sell one in my collection. 

WfCunCl.gif

HaRdSTyLe_83
Posted (edited)

anyone know of a good reservoir to radiator support that doesn't cost a kidney and look good like the ones from singularity computers?

61rFo-telVL._SX466_.jpg

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

Noale

I might be looking for new watercooling gear too. Looking to go with the Watercool Heatkiller stuff because Germany. 😁

I wanted a square reservoir, but the Heatkiller glass tube with the square brackets will have to do.

Heatkiller_Tube_preview_005.jpg

Their reservoir to radiator mounts are simple and look good as well. Clamps onto the aluminum brackets on the res.

HK_TUBE_HTSF2_a.jpg

HK_Tube_basic_mounting_kit.jpg

HaRdSTyLe_83
Posted (edited)

that one looks cool, i already bought the reservoir and pump top & cover.

dLR8wb2.jpg

Was going to fix the EK supports to the case but i have changed my mind, and the import taxes alone are 23% on a crazy price of 40 EUR each support

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

Noale

Go custom. Draw it in CAD and have some place cut it for you. 😃

Azazel

Just took delivery of my PC-O11 Dynamic, eight days ahead of the expected delivery estimate, yay. Now I can start planning my loop! 😀

Noale

How's the build quality on those?

The only Lian Li's I've owned were their full aluminum ones. The recent ones seem to be mixing in a lot of steel and I'm just hoping their reputation doesn't fall if the quality doesn't match up with their aluminum cases.

Azazel
On 7/3/2018 at 3:44 PM, Noale said:

How's the build quality on those?

The only Lian Li's I've owned were their full aluminum ones. The recent ones seem to be mixing in a lot of steel and I'm just hoping their reputation doesn't fall if the quality doesn't match up with their aluminum cases.

I only just got around to unpacking it this evening, and the build quality feels very sturdy! Feels a lot less wobbly and much better put together, than for example NZXT or Corsair cases, which I've had the most experience with. If it didn't have the plaque inside, I wouldn't have guessed it was a Lian Li case at all, but mainly because it doesn't really look or feel like anything they've made before. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. And keep in mind, that it's half the price of one of their 'regular' cases.

First thoughts while handling the case: All the panels are an absolute joy to remove and refit. The top panel slides off effortlessly, after loosening two captive thumbscrews, and you're then free to easily lift up the three side panels - they're not pressed in or held in place by anything other than the top panel, so you can remove them with basically two fingers. The front I/O looks gorgeous, with totally neutral connectors without any bright colors.

Can't wait to build in it, although I will be going a bit more conservative, at least for now - I'll keep the GPU on air, and use an AIO for the CPU. I'll consider doing a full watercooling loop in the future.

Noale

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in that Lian Li, especially with air cooling! Though I'm interested in photos of just the case itself as well.

The guys over at the Official Lian Li Case Owner thread at OCN are pretty active and might enjoy your build.

http://www.overclock.net/forum/showthread2.php?p=27512070#post27512070

I haven't posted there myself in a while, but I still get a good amount of new post emails on it.

Azazel

Don't think I'll be doing anything out of the ordinary, despite some small touches. I've opted for a 360 AIO (NZXT Kraken X72), and still undecided on what fans to use, or in what configuration. There's a lot of options in the Dynamic.

Noale

So I just found out that Phanteks makes custom watercooling components now. Has anybody tried the Phanteks fittings?

HaRdSTyLe_83

i bought some of the phanteks glacier fittings a couple of weeks ago, but haven't use them yet

Noale

What color did you go with? Do they feel as good as they look? The 90 degrees look square-ish, which is nice for getting a slightly different than usual look.

HaRdSTyLe_83

i only got 16/12" fittings in nickel, no 90º fittings yet.

They are a bit expensive compared to EK so im leaving them to the end. but yeah they have that unique look.

im also digging this type of tube (not my picture)

29nDMC5.jpg

Noale

Another cutting order put in. Hopefully all measurements work out.

jEMdiq4.jpg

Azazel
3 hours ago, Noale said:

Another cutting order put in. Hopefully all measurements work out.

Building a case from scratch? Can't wait to see how it turns out! 😃

Noale

Unfortunately I don't have enough motivation at the moment to scratch build a case that will meet my expectations. 😁 The parts are for my recent purchase, the bigger brother to my Evolv Shift. The large panel on the top is a new rear panel since I've spent some time on this cases reviews and the GPU really struggles to maintain cool temperatures because it's right up against the glass. Hopefully the venting will help exhaust some air out. Why are there five motherboard trays? Mostly backups since I have damaged custom parts before and I'd like to avoid having to re-order and wait for replacements. Also might give some away to people who want them since they will use factory holes.

QmoIQ0C.jpg

Azazel

I don't get the Lian Li PC-O11 AIR. In their quest to make an airflow oriented version of the Dynamic, they've spent all their time designing a, IMHO, completely unattractive plastic top and front panel. They probably wanted to differentiate it from the Dynamic with an alternative aesthetic, but it just looks cheap - the black plastic is even a totally different hue than the black powder coated rear and side panel. With the modularity of the Dynamic, why didn't they just design a new front panel to replace the glass one, with vented cutouts to match all the other ones in the case, to fit three 120 or two 140 mm fans - that you could just purchase as an accessory, and easily swap for the glass panel? It would have looked a million times better, and probably performed better as well. 🤔

o11-air-01_575px.jpgaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9G

Noale

Lian Li doesn't make the most sense some times. 😂 Designing a new front panel that just replaced the glass one would been better, I agree.

HaRdSTyLe_83

i dont see the point of the "AIR" version tbh, its not like the Dynamic will have airflow restrictions with 9 120mm fans

Noale

Hmmmmmmm. Ideas ideas. 3D Printed board parts showcased by Asus ROG

ROG-3D-PRINTING-MOD.jpg

Azazel
2 minutes ago, Noale said:

Hmmmmmmm. Ideas ideas. 3D Printed board parts showcased by Asus ROG

Where does the Eiffel Tower go? 🙃