1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HalfOfAKebab

Does wearing a full outfit overwrite respect/sex appeal?

HalfOfAKebab

I'm not sure where to post this; if it's in the wrong section, please move it.

For example, if I'm wearing the combination of clothes that gives the most respect bonus, will putting a medic outfit on boost it even more, or will the respect from the clothes I was wearing before be taken away?

Thanks.

lil weasel

Sex appeal (unless you have all the Oysters) is relative to the garments and vehicle in use at the moment.

Respect is a rising amount affected by kills and clothing. Knocking off gang buddies reduces the respect.

Edited by lil weasel

HalfOfAKebab

Sex appeal (unless you have all the Oysters) is relative to the garments and vehicle in use at the moment.

Respect is a rising amount affected by kills and clothing. Knocking off gang buddies reduces the respect.

I know this, but what I'm asking is something different.

Let's say I'm wearing a shirt that gives me +10 respect. If I then put on a medic outfit which gives me +15, do I have a total of +25? I'm not sure, because even though logic would tell you CJ isn't wearing the +10 shirt anymore, when you take off the medic outfit later, the shirt is underneath. This means the game does remember what clothes you had on before you put on an outfit, but does it consider CJ to be wearing both the shirt and the medic outfit at the same time, allowing him to get really high bonuses by wearing clothes that give a lot of respect and then wearing an outfit over it?

lil weasel

Only the Garment being worn (visible) at the MOMENT counts. There is No accumulation.

OrionSR

I'm not so sure. The wardrobes are glitchy anyway and can be exploited for extra high appeal. I am unaware of any respect benefit from clothing. I see it listed in shopping.dat but have never noticed any influence on the constantly adjusting respect stat. With clothing, players are usually trying to increase appeal. I think the idea is worth testing.

HalfOfAKebab

I'm not so sure. The wardrobes are glitchy anyway and can be exploited for extra high appeal.

How? Just researched this, and it happens when you take off and put on the same article of clothing repeatedly. Does it happen even if you're changing clothes normally? For example, if I'm wearing a +10 hat, if I put on a +15 hat, will they combine and my hat will now give +25? Or does it only happen if you do it with the same article of clothing? Is it possible to undo the effects of this glitch?

I am unaware of any respect benefit from clothing. I see it listed in shopping.dat but have never noticed any influence on the constantly adjusting respect stat. With clothing, players are usually trying to increase appeal.

I'm fairly certain it does. There's lots of documentation online about clothes giving both sex appeal and respect. Now that you've said you haven't personally noticed any difference, though, I'm not so sure - maybe all this information is just everyone assuming it increases respect since that's what shopping.dat says, but nobody's every really tried it out.

I think the idea is worth testing.

Yeah, I think I'll see if clothes give any respect bonuses. I'll also test my outfit questions. I'll report back whenever I test it just in case anyone else is wondering the same thing.

Edited by HalfOfAKebab

OrionSR

As I understand it, the wardrobe exploit works because removing an item doesn't deduct it's bonus. So switching from Hat 10 to Hat 15 will result in 15, but removing Hat 10 and then putting on Hat 15 should result in 25. I think it all goes in one big pool though. The glitch can be removed by getting a haircut - the process apparently recalculates everything based on the current outfit. Tattoos are reported to work like clothing, but the process is usually slower and can be expensive.

Another factor, if you are trying to use girlfriend reaction as a guage, is that Barbara give CJ an extra boost to appeal if he's wearing her cop outfit, and... one of the other girlfriends does the same thing but I forget which, but I'm pretty sure this bonus isn't applied to the appeal stat.

HalfOfAKebab

As I understand it, the wardrobe exploit works because removing an item doesn't deduct it's bonus. So switching from Hat 10 to Hat 15 will result in 15, but removing Hat 10 and then putting on Hat 15 should result in 25. I think it all goes in one big pool though. The glitch can be removed by getting a haircut - the process apparently recalculates everything based on the current outfit. Tattoos are reported to work like clothing, but the process is usually slower and can be expensive.

Another factor, if you are trying to use girlfriend reaction as a guage, is that Barbara give CJ an extra boost to appeal if he's wearing her cop outfit, and... one of the other girlfriends does the same thing but I forget which, but I'm pretty sure this bonus isn't applied to the appeal stat.

Thanks for the information! I'm all clear now.