1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Weather in GTA Online

StormerBoy

I'm not sure if many realise, but there is a distinct difference between the visual clarity we get in Free Mode & most Jobs vs what the game does allow R* to give us if they chose to do so.

If any of you have ever used the Creator, you will see what I mean. It's not just the sunshine and perfect blue skies, but the fact that everything is clear to see. Not to mention how much cheerier it is to play in good weather.

Plus, aside from the lack of clarity we get I feel that even the weather cycles are unbalanced. There is far too much rain and not enough sunshine in the mix.

Does anyone else feel the same?

I've felt that there has been way too much rain recently. Might just be me imagining it, but it rains a hell of a lot more than it used to.

I also hate how it very rarely rains at night. What's up with that?

Edited by Lay

The weather is just as sh*t in GTA online as it is in real life, so just deal with it.

Are we really talking about the weather :lol:

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it still works but you can glitch the weather of the content creator into freemode.

Make a Race, set the desired weather, test it and join a new session or friend and whatever weather you picked will be there for you even though if the sessions weather is different.

I used that to change the weather to what I want online for snapmatics.

Maybe it still works, just test it out.

• Like 2

There are certain weather types from the timecycle data files that aren't used in Online - such as severe thunder storms which are restricted to SP and "Humane Labs - Deliver EMP".

• Like 4

There are certain weather types from the timecycle data files that aren't used in Online - such as severe thunder storms which are restricted to SP and "Humane Labs - Deliver EMP".

Interesting, anything else, apart from snow?

Interesting, anything else, apart from snow?Extra Sunny isn't available in free mode, but is present during select missions - usually heists.
  • Like 2

I miss early coveted where you could select the time of day. Is the blue circle still there to launch the job? And can I still select the time when launching or is the option removed and I can only play it at a certain time?

Also as far as the in game weather, it's hit or miss. Sometimes I find nothing but night, sometimes nothing but sunshine, sometimes endless rain, sometimes I don't see rain for days. It all depends, for the most part I don't pay attention to the weather unless I notice nothing but long nights. Sometimes I'll switch lobbies just looking for the sun.

• Like 2

The weather is just as sh*t in GTA online as it is in real life, so just deal with it.

Are we really talking about the weather :lol:

I don't think southern Cali and south Wales have the same weather, bach ;) It's supposed to be los angeles not port talbot :D

But we're about to get a day or 2 of snow so....anything goes in SA.

• Like 2

Yeah how come it never rains at night? It always rains during the morning or late afternoon. Very boring weather cycle.

I just jumped in to do a Time Trial - it was about 11pm in the game and the rain was just stopping - which is rare, but also fricking typical.

I've had quite a bit of fog in my last few sessions which is pretty cool - unless it's cataracts.

Anyone for earthquakes?

Look, sorry to be the curly hair in the fries, but the simple fact that this game even has a variety of weather conditions is still staggering to me.

Especially when I go back to my youth and our version of a "video game" was prying the particle board off the back of the tv and trying to pull the tubes out without burning our fingers.

I get the gyst of the discussion, but really... the weather is fine. Leave it alone. Go get a Rhino and just blow stuff up. :)

GTA V has the weather down perfectly, which makes sense since it is the full game and doesn't have to compensate in details and framerates for 30 players, it also lacks any inconsistency unlike Online.

For some reason, rainy days are about as common as sunny days for me and it always rains in midday afternoons, it seems to get instantly triggered between 11 AM and 2 PM and if I'm ever near my garage in Murrieta Heights in a full session. Hell, if I choose to spawn in my Murrieta Heights garage and switch sessions, that session will always be rainy. If I choose to spawn in my Office, the weather will always be sunny or clear.

It seems that there are some weird triggers around the map, I'm not entirely sure, but I have very little doubt about it.

KornbreadMaf1a

Look, sorry to be the curly hair in the fries, but the simple fact that this game even has a variety of weather conditions is still staggering to me.

Especially when I go back to my youth and our version of a "video game" was prying the particle board off the back of the tv and trying to pull the tubes out without burning our fingers.

I get the gyst of the discussion, but really... the weather is fine. Leave it alone. Go get a Rhino and just blow stuff up. :)

I'm with you. It kinda amazes me the things people find to complain about. This game is probably the best game I've ever played and there are a thousand different things to do but some people seem to get upset because there isn't a thousand and one things to do.

Hazzardtohimself

I enjoy seeing the weather rolling in, especially when you're out in Blaine County and can see the majority of the sky without buildings everywhere.

That drizzle into rain into torrential into thunderstorm pattern is really epic. But I really wish the lightning / thunder would last longer - at most we seem to get one or two strikes before it cools off again.

Agreed with the rain / storms at night though. I think I've only seen such weather on old-gen.

I'm with you. It kinda amazes me the things people find to complain about. This game is probably the best game I've ever played and there are a thousand different things to do but some people seem to get upset because there isn't a thousand and one things to do.

Just because there is an opportunity to improve the game, it doesn't mean everyone is complaining or not enjoying it.

• Like 3

The weather is bugged like the whole game - and it's charming. Played a round of golf yesterday via quickstart. A fluffy sunny day on my side. I just wondered where the harsh wind comes from (up to 13). This wind is unusual if the weather was set to sunny. Asked the host if he enjoys the bright sun and he answeared: "What f*ckin sun? Its a rainy, stormy day here". So you can run in the same gamemode with diffrent types of weather of each side?! Got my laugh, tbh.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
whywontyoulisten

Have they changed the weather settings? I just came of of my Eclipse garage to what looks like a baking hot summer's day with heat haze over the city, and a kind of swirling dust that catches the sun's rays. I thought they'd turned off a lot of these details.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Have they changed the weather settings? I just came of of my Eclipse garage to what looks like a baking hot summer's day with heat haze over the city, and a kind of swirling dust that catches the sun's rays. I thought they'd turned off a lot of these details.

Global Warming DLC confirmed. :)

• Like 3

SiIky Johnson

Yeah how come it never rains at night? It always rains during the morning or late afternoon. Very boring weather cycle.

i know RIGHT. imagine night time severe T storms in FR. would be lit AF

• Like 2

whywontyoulisten

LA gets 10" a year, we get that in a week.

Your mom gets that in a week.

• Like 5

I've felt that there has been way too much rain recently. Might just be me imagining it, but it rains a hell of a lot more than it used to.

I also hate how it very rarely rains at night. What's up with that?

it never rains at night in open lobbies. My guess would be too much performance issues screwing up network connections.

I have love hate with the weather, snow for example i love just being able to drift continuously around LS but on the other hand snow is a pain in the arse flying, bloody pylons.

LA gets 10" a year, we get that in a week.

Your mom gets that in a week.

Solid Scorpion

The irony. A thread complaining about the weather posted by a Brit.

We start a conversation by complaining about the weather.

We end a conversation by complaining about the weather.

As soon as we get through the door from work we complain about the weather.

First thing in the morning we complain about the weather forcast.

And now we complain about virtual weather.

I guess all those stereotypes are true.

Anyway I digress. I'm off for a cuppa and crumpets.