1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Weapon & Gear Wishlist

infectedG636

wats with the hype for the psg-1 though ?

irl its an old semi-automatic rifle that only can have one kind of optic, its overpriced and its pretty rare since it does nothing special

I loved it in gta 4. Its simply good weapon if you have to fight vs multiple enemies at once.

They could implement it like this:

Less damage then a heavy sniper (2 shots to kill a player below level 100 an 3 for a player above level 100) but a faster firerate then the heavy sniper (but slower then the marksman rifles fire rate). Give it a 10 round mag, silencer and only the (zoomable) standart scope to prevent from becoming a griefers toy like the marksman rifle is.

Edited by Black-Dragon96
DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

irl its an old semi-automatic rifle that only can have one kind of optic, its overpriced and its pretty rare since it does nothing special

I loved it in gta 4. Its simply good weapon if you have to fight vs multiple enemies at once.

Less damage then a heavy sniper (2 shots to kill a player below level 100 an 3 for a player above level 100) but a faster firerate then the heavy sniper (but slower then the marksman rifles fire rate). Give it a 10 round mag, silencer and only the (zoomable) standart scope to prevent from becoming a griefers toy like the marksman rifle is.

Or just nerfing the marksman

Or just nerfing the marksmanWell a that would not be a psg1.

I simply want a "hybrid" of all sniperrifles, that is useable in diffrent ways and in every situation.

Edited by Black-Dragon96

Or just nerfing the marksmanMarksman Rifle is fine just the way it is, but would like to have more customization options for it. Edited by aaronBLUEeyes
DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Or just nerfing the marksman
Marksman Rifle is fine just the way it is, but would like to have more customization options for it.

Except for the fact the regular sniper and heavy sniper are slightly obsolete thanks to that thing in most situations.

Not if players use the correct rifle at the right range.

A DMR like the marksman rifle is perfect for longer engagements than Carbines effective range and will outperform the bolt action sniper and the heavy sniper through it's higher ROF.

But, for long range engagements the converse is true most times because of the sniper's higher impact and zoom-able optics for better target acquisition at extreme ranges are superior.

I think why the marksman rifle gets so much hate is because players try to snipe targets that are much too close using the sniper rifles.

If players are too close for snipers but too far apart for carbines then the LMG, MG, or Marksman.

About the marksman rifle debate (not sure that's the right way to describe it, but anyway) - to me it's not so much the gun I don't like, but just the running while sniping in general. That turned all sniper fights (regardless of which gun) into people just running left and right until the target passes over each other.

It used to be about position, etc. You could have people pinned down, and you'd have to find different places to squeeze out of that and get the drop on the other player. Now people don't have to worry about that kind of thing - you just run out, wiggle a little, and the other player will be forced to do the same.

Not trying to be wiggle-phobic, and it's not something I feel as strongly about as say, helicopters. But I did prefer it when we couldn't move while sniping. or at least, not run while sniping.

• Like 1

About the marksman rifle debate (not sure that's the right way to describe it, but anyway) - to me it's not so much the gun I don't like, but just the running while sniping in general. That turned all sniper fights (regardless of which gun) into people just running left and right until the target passes over each other.

It used to be about position, etc. You could have people pinned down, and you'd have to find different places to squeeze out of that and get the drop on the other player. Now people don't have to worry about that kind of thing - you just run out, wiggle a little, and the other player will be forced to do the same.

Not trying to be wiggle-phobic, and it's not something I feel as strongly about as say, helicopters. But I did prefer it when we couldn't move while sniping. or at least, not run while sniping.

Well in my opinion you should be able to move while aiming a sniper, but you should not be able to run. Edited by Black-Dragon96
  • Like 2

Well in my opinion you should be able to move while aiming a sniper, but you should not be able to run.Sure, but everyone has done it at least once and it's fair if you master it. I got a bit better on it. Edited by infectedG636

Well in my opinion you should be able to move while aiming a sniper, but you should not be able to run.

Sure, but everyone has done it at least once and it's fair if you master it. I got a bit better on it.

I'm not saying it's not fair - all I'm saying is that I prefer how it used to be; I think the sniping was deeper back then.

-H&K VP70

1210880-hk_vp70.jpg

-Mauser C96(or M712, full auto version)

maxresdefault.jpg

-Colt S.A.A.(Single Action Army, faster fire rate than the revolver we currently have but weaker, maybe for a Red Dead styled update?)

colt-saa-1.jpg

If you ask me one can't have too many pistols. :pp

• Like 4

Well in my opinion you should be able to move while aiming a sniper, but you should not be able to run.

Sure, but everyone has done it at least once and it's fair if you master it. I got a bit better on it.

I'm not saying it's not fair - all I'm saying is that I prefer how it used to be; I think the sniping was deeper back then. which game are you referring to is you're saying back then?

which game are you referring to is you're saying back then?

GTA V's multiplayer, back before you could move while sniping.

I understand the problem that the ability to move while aiming a sniper has brought into the game. I hate these marksmandancing idiots as much as everyone else, but i do not think that removing the ability would make things better.

I understand the problem that the ability to move while aiming a sniper has brought into the game. I hate these marksmandancing idiots as much as everyone else, but i do not think that removing the ability would make things better.

Just getting use to it seems more better. Having skills other than your main ability makes more of a pro at this game. Fight fire with fire.

Just getting use to it seems more better. Having skills other than your main ability makes more of a pro at this game. Fight fire with fire.Im sorry but i dont understand what you are trying to say.

B&T-VP9-Apertura-Pag2.jpg?resize=540x

B&T VP9, 9x19mm, bolt action, basically a modernised Welrod. 5 rounds per magazine. As the name suggests, it was originally intended to be used to put down injured animals. Very quiet, even compared to other suppressed guns.

My idea for this is that killing NPCs/players (who aren't in view of others or otherwise isolated of course) wouldn't attract any police attention.

Edited by D.B. Cooper
  • Like 4

B&T-VP9-Apertura-Pag2.jpg?resize=540x

B&T VP9, 9x19mm, bolt action, basically a modernised Welrod. 5 rounds per magazine. As the name suggests, it was originally intended to be used to put down injured animals. Very quiet, even compared to other suppressed guns.

My idea for this is that killing NPCs/players (who aren't in view of others or otherwise isolated of course) wouldn't attract any police attention.

That and a fix with suppressors. I still get wanted level even if i kill an NPC in an undisclosed area like an alley or in a farm ranch

Edited by infectedG636
  • Like 2

This thread made me fully realize what "Deadliest Warrior culture" has done to video games. Holy sh*t. Anyway, here we go:

1. SKS
There is absolutely no reason why this wasn't included in the Biker DLC. You can't throw a rock in the United States or Canada without it landing within 10 meters of an SKS, and it has been synonymous with American crime for decades. Game-wise, it would be amazing to be able to use a semi-automatic rifle (ACTUALLY semi, not pseudo-semi marksman rifle jackassery) without an optic. A heightened range over the paintball gun-esque assault rifles in the game would be fantastic.

2. Mini-14
Aside from looking inarguably dope as sh*t, the Mini-14 would be perfect for GTA:O for the same exact reasons stated above. Plus, it was super cool in Vice City, and A-team was sick.

3. Remove the RMR from the 1911
Please, for the love of god, it looks absolutely terrible. Who is responsible for this?

4. Cosmetic Weapon Customization Improvements
Seriously. We have the normal, boring, pre-pubescent sh*t (pink, gold guns, etc), but how hard would it be to actually let us customize weapons in a manner that's less... Counter-strikey? The AK and AR configurations we currently have are absolute obscure trash. I weep every time I'm loading into GTA and see the shot of Michael holding a M4, because, well, it actually LOOKS like an AR-15, as opposed to our current abomination. Also, let me put some f*cking wood on my AK and pump action shotguns. I shouldn't have to have a terrible looking gold engraving on the pump just so I can have wooden furniture.

I could rant about this for days, and there's plenty of other weapons that could be added without being too Call of Duty about things like everyone seems to want. I doubt we'll ever get any "normal" weapons ever again. Things are only going to increase in absolute ridiculousness until the death of GTA:O, which will be jetpacks and railguns.

• Like 4

I think we have enough rifles at the moment, but another sniper would be nice. Something like the Vice City Lazer Sniper (Dragunov).

I'd love to see some WW2 weapons:

- SLME Mk. III

- Gewehr 43

- PPSh-41

- M1918 BAR

- MG-42

- PTRS-41

- De Lisle Carbine

Sure, no one would use them, but would be nice see some more variety in firearms :p

• Like 2

I think we have enough rifles at the moment, but another sniper would be nice. Something like the Vice City Lazer Sniper (Dragunov).

- SLME Mk. III

- Gewehr 43

- PPSh-41

- M1918 BAR

- MG-42

- PTRS-41

- De Lisle Carbine

Sure, no one would use them, but would be nice see some more variety in firearms :p

Why? Not in douchey way, but I mean, why WW2 weapons, aside from the "coolness"?

Brick.

Remember how we had bricks to throw in GTA IV?

lol Bricks could work, but you might want to make them more effective than in the old Amiga game Manhattan Dealers:

A good idea, but stealth rounds (and stealth in general) are still epically borked in GTA Online.

Doing an Import/Export car steal mission last night (get the car key from a bodyguard), I snuck into the front yard successfully killing the solitary NPC from behind with a one-round headshot (suppressed AP pistol), and suddenly ALL the NPCs around the other side of the house, who until now, were completely unaware of me, were suddenly aware of my presence (yelling/cussing at me, start moving around, shooting, etc.).

...and this is one of the missions where R* encourages you to use stealth. It's much like how things "just happen" when sniping the NPCs on the briefcase floor from the Maze Bank building in High Priority Case (one shot from you, and the NPCs start killing each other):

Edited by DentureDynamite

NOCK RIFLE !!!!!

Nock Gun (Volley Gun) = 7 barrelled flintlock rifle, .50 calibre each, simultaneously.

(Originally for repelling boarding parties from Royal Navy ships. but some officers did not permit usage of the weapon on board their ships in fear that sparks released from the weapon upon firing would set fire to the rigging.

Furthermore, few men were actually strong enough to fire the weapon, as the strong recoil of the gun could easily break a man's shoulder

It was apparently "a very powerful weapon".

- SLME Mk. III

- Gewehr 43

- PPSh-41

- M1918 BAR

- MG-42

- PTRS-41

- De Lisle Carbine

Why? Not in douchey way, but I mean, why WW2 weapons, aside from the "coolness"?

Why not? Why any weapon? Most of them all feel the same apart from the heavy weapons and the older guns, the Musket and the Thompson.

I personally like WW2 guns as they are very unique and were progressive in their time. Also, it would be nice to see a bolt-action and semi auto rifle. Most firearm in this game just feel like laser guns, due to how accurate they shoot. And they are all very identical.

Edited by xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • Like 2