4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Hardest Mission?

Niko'sCousin11

Alexlecj

I had a hard time with The Snow Storm, mainly because I kept messing around in the old hospital while waves of cops came in.

billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, Alexlecj said:

I had a hard time with The Snow Storm, mainly because I kept messing around in the old hospital while waves of cops came in.

Even without messing around it's pretty hard once the cops storm the place to be fair!

A fun way to do it I found is to sneak around the building where there's a ladder up to the roof and go in that way, walking across the beams and only killing the small number of gang members you have to on the way to the room when you go that way. Then when the cops turn up half of them will be busy fighting the remaining gang members instead of coming after you :lol: so you can sprint past them. Bonus points if once you get in the room just before picking up the drugs you call Roman to send Mohammed to pick you up in the parking lot so you can again just run past the cops, jump in the cab and skip the trip to near where you meet Jacob, making it very easy to lose your wanted level. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 3
Americana

I shoot two cops, and then run away to the boat. Then it's just an easy escape.

Hmm, when it comes to the hardest mission... it's hard to say, but... maybe... hmm. I would say Late Checkout, as that dude on the roof almost always gets me.

billiejoearmstrong8

When I first played them I found both versions of the final mission (and also If the Price Is Right) extremely hard, took me tons of attempts to even get past the initial shootouts at first, but somehow they're no problem at all now. Same with all bike riding missions, just had to get used to riding them.

Undress To Kill can be hard since the shooting in the club is pretty brutal and the guys can escape on you. But now knowing the best way to approach it it's fine (park car in front of back door to block it so no one can escape that way, kill the first guy in the office stealthily with melee, locate the others by listening to conversations, then keep guard at the front of the club so the other two can't leave and mow them down quickly). 

So I think the hardest for me now is Truck Hustle  Catch the Wave because of dumbass Phil always running ahead and getting killed. And also I'll Take Her can be a sneaky one when Gracie starts grabbing the wheel, I've flipped the car and failed quite a few times.

Btw TBOGT has some way harder missions than anything in IV or TLAD. All the ones involving shooting things with damn helicopters are in that category, and some have very deadly shootouts, especially that horrendous one in the club near the end.

The Idiot
3 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

So I think the hardest for me now is Truck Hustle because of dumbass Phil always running ahead and getting killed.

Phil Bell only appears in cutscenes in Truck Hustle, you're thinking of Catch the Wave

It took me a while to complete Escuela of the Streets, The Snow Storm, Undress to Kill, A long way to fall, and Out of Commission

Thelema93
8 hours ago, Alexlecj said:

It's possible to do this mission with very limited gunplay.. the only people you have to kill are a couple dudes on the roof and the two guarding the coke.. go through the back way . Up the ladder... Mow down anyone in your direct way.. don't go seeking out targets as they won't come to you.. once the cops start swarming in, go back out the way you came.. climb up those metal pillars that hang vertical to the ceiling.  It means screwing with the psychics of the game a little bit but it's possible to just stand on the pillars without Niko vaulting over.. carefully walk across said pillar until you reach the window and do a running jump.. Niko should hang off the window . Tap the climb button, climb out the window and run like the wind. the cops never even knew I was there.  Didn't have one shot fired at me.. 

KGBeast

Most missions are laughably easy. With auto aim 'Catch the Wave' is probably the toughest, only because you have to be so proactive to avoid Phil getting himself killed. With free aim 'If the Price is Right' takes the cake. The warehouse shootout becomes very long and if you die, you gotta do the whole thing over. 

billiejoearmstrong8
6 hours ago, The Idiot said:

Phil Bell only appears in cutscenes in Truck Hustle, you're thinking of Catch the Wave

Oh you're right, I always accidentally call it that because of the truck being in it lol