4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Hardest Mission?

Niko'sCousin11

Niko'sCousin11

In my opinion the hardest mission was the one where you had to kill Chubby Charlie or the last revenge mission.

Lethal Vaccine

It's the HD Era. No Mission is hard for any HD Era GTA. You just take cover, shoot everyone, rinse and repeat.

• Like 2
Prasdana21

I'll go with "The Masters and the Molotov" I'm not gonna lied, I tried to beat that mission countless times. I bought an armor eventually and I finally beat that mission despite I only had half health afterwards. If not because of the armor, I would failed again.

• Like 1
The Time Ranger

No hard per say but the mission for Manny where you had to follow the train was annoying, failed it a few times. You had to concentrate fully throughout to complete it.

• Like 1
ViceBoy69

The Masters and the Molotov is actually quite tough, I remember failing it a few times but in the end I had petrol bombs, I threw one at Faustin when hes up on the roof outside the club, it was a lucky throw.

I tend to like the tricky missions where you have to really think to figure them out, not just go in guns blazing and kill everyone.

Jeansowaty

Trespass was a nightmare when I was a kid. Oh, and the Snow Storm... what about Catch The Wave? Phil's AI is screwed up... nowadays no mission poses problems to me but these were really off-putting when I was younger.

Edited by Jeansowaty
  • Like 1
AuSsIeThUnDeR36

I remember The Snow Storm being an absolute nightmare when I first played way back in 2008. Catch The Wave was an absolute monster I must have tried 20 times to finally finishing that and was on the verge of rage quitting. Late Checkout was pretty tough too if you weren't careful.

• Like 1
TommySpaghetti

what about Catch The Wave? Phil's AI is screwed up...

This was actually pretty annoying back in the day.

"Protect Phil"

moments later...

"Phil died"

• Like 2
Jimbatron

Two spring to mind, already mentioned. "Catch the Wave" due to Phil Bell's annoying tendency to run into the boathouse and certain death (and I'm afraid if you're a CnC player the nightmare that is that location only gets worse), and a "Revengers Tragedy", due to the fact I initially thought it was luck whether Dimtri's bodyguard in the helicopter hits the boat with an rpg or not (thereby ending the game). It took a couple of years to realise you could deflect an rpg by hitting it in flight with a bullet...

CreepShow

It took a couple of years to realise you could deflect an rpg by hitting it in flight with a bullet...

maxresdefault.jpgPayne style huh?

• Like 3
Algonquin Assassin

I don't think there's any mission I would call consistently "hard" on repeat playthroughs. Sometimes I've been stuck of different missions for varying reason, but nothing really stands out as "hard".

A Dish Served Cold comes close because of the close confines of taking out enemies on and inside of the Platypus and its length.

PhillBellic

what about Catch The Wave? Phil's AI is screwed up...

This was actually pretty annoying back in the day.

"Protect Phil"

moments later...

"Phil died"

Phil be like;

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRROOOOOOOOYYYYY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

:D

• Like 3
Johnny Spaz

Trespass, Catch The Wave, Deconstruction For Beginners, Snow Storm, Puerto Rican Connection, Late Checkout, Holland Nights, Escuela Of The Streets, Hostile Negotiation, Deal Ending (I could never catch Little Jacob on the helicopter), and I Need Your Clothes Boots & Motorcycle were the missions I remember that gave me problems in my first playthrough.

Edited by d nice
Eugene H. Krabs

Catch the Wave can be pretty annoying. Phil runs around in the boatyard, and which weapon does he use as self defense against heavily armed Russians? A pistol.

• Like 3
LazlowsucksiloveslutS

Trespass was a nightmare when I was a kid. Oh, and the Snow Storm... what about Catch The Wave? Phil's AI is screwed up... nowadays no mission poses problems to me but these were really off-putting when I was younger.

Snow Storm and Trespass are missions that I tread even to this day. In every playthrough I'm scared of these.

Catch the Wave isn't that hard, you'll just have to go to the back of the boatyard and attack them from behind while Phil shoots from the front. Element of surprise as game suggests. At least this mission is fun "Go back to f*cking Moscow!" I had less trouble with Catch The Wave than I did with Live and Die In Alderney, because I don't like following and chasing motherf*ckers.

• Like 2
  • 3 years later...

In The Snow Storm you can run to the back of the hospital, climb the ladder and shoot the gang members from the upstairs floor before climbing back down, going in through the front entrance and slowly makeing your way through the corridors.

• Like 1
Wayne Kerr

Paper Trail. f*ck plane/chopper missions in general

Edited by Utopianthumbs
  • Like 2
Cutter De Blanc

I Need Your Clothes, Boots, and Motorcycle, for sure. I ended up having to memorize all of the traffic in that chase before I beat it

• 1 month later...
Thelema93

Revengers tradegdy.. took me weeks to pass it on my last playthrough.. that f*cking boat part when you drive into the curser and jump to LJs chopper. I'd always teeter right on the edge before he'd pull away.. ridiculous.. wanted to reload and do the revenge ending I was that frustrated.. actually thought my game was glitched for awhile.. needless to say.. I eventually conquered and Roman was avenged.. f*cking Dimitri..