1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

How to get into a Public Lobby by yourself for CEO/MC work.

techgamer15

If this is already a topic then my bad.

I have found a way to get into a public lobby in GTA Online by yourself, which enables 100% trouble free CEO/MC work in terms of other players blowing your sh*t up.

Downside to this is that it requires another PC/laptop and Im not sure if it works on anything other than PC. Theres most likely a tutorial for console users.

REQUIRES:

-An Ethernet cable;

-A WiFi card/USB dongle for your gaming PC;

-A motherboard that supports Ethernet (most modern ones do);

-Another PC or a laptop with an Ethernet port and a WiFi adapter.

STEPS:

-Connect your ethernet cable from your Laptop or extra PC to the main gaming PC.

-Go into network and sharing and bridge the connections (look up on YouTube for more info)

-Then launch GTA Online with the ethernet cable still plugged in

-Load into a public lobby

-Pull the ethernet cable from the gaming PC or the laptop and it should switch to WiFi mode

-This will lag all players out the session, but will keep you in it

SOMETIMES THIS COMPLETELY DISCONNECTS YOU FROM THE SESSION BUT IVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR SEVERAL MONTHS AND IT HAS ONLY HAPPENED A FEW TIMES. JUST RELAUNCH THE GAME IF THIS HAPPENS.

I ALWAYS use this method if some douchbag in a jet or buzzard comes after me. Its fun watching their aircraft crash after lagging out.

Good this about this as well is that your friends can still join you as the connection is still up after lagging out.

Hope this helps.

Edited by techgamer15

For the last week the date tricked hasn't been so successful for me and my mates for some reason. It's been crashing our game. It used to work everytime for all of us, put month forward, go back into app, go back and change month back and bam everyone leaves. Was quick and easy. I tried five times yesterday and no good. I had to join new sessions while YouTube was going on my tablet and a speed test on my phone

For the last week the date tricked hasn't been so successful for me and my mates for some reason. It's been crashing our game. It used to work everytime for all of us, put month forward, go back into app, go back and change month back and bam everyone leaves. Was quick and easy. I tried five times yesterday and no good. I had to join new sessions while YouTube was going on my tablet and a speed test on my phone

lol leave the month alone & change the year to 2017 instead. In January you can go back to changing the month forward.

After helplessly watching 2 heli's of coke be destroyed, I started changing my MTU to get solo sessions. I regularly check if any randoms join the session and will use the date trick if feel I need to. Only problem with the MTU method is lowering it enough to keep randoms away makes it difficult for most friends to join the session without being kicked.

Can also do this with a simple software program called Netlimiter, which will throttle your connection speeds enough to drop you from a session. leaving you in one of your own.

If you're doing this with other people, keep in mind that more than two people in the session will start bringing others in. At three people in the lobby, the occasional other random will join, but they tend to leave quickly after seeing how empty it is.

• Like 1

lol leave the month alone & change the year to 2017 instead. In January you can go back to changing the month forward.

After helplessly watching 2 heli's of coke be destroyed, I started changing my MTU to get solo sessions. I regularly check if any randoms join the session and will use the date trick if feel I need to. Only problem with the MTU method is lowering it enough to keep randoms away makes it difficult for most friends to join the session without being kicked.

Yeah tried that, somethings seem to work sometimes. The other day it worked when I only changed the day, other times it won't. It's never worked by year changing for us, makes it crash everytime

Yeah tried that, somethings seem to work sometimes. The other day it worked when I only changed the day, other times it won't. It's never worked by year changing for us, makes it crash everytime

Well that sux, odd that it doesnt work for you. A friend was experiencing the same thing as you but he was still only moving the month forward. It should still work just by changing the day tbh, as long as moving the date forward & not back, like he was to January 2016.

EDIT - changing the day does not work.

Doing the date trick every 5-10 minutes when people join becomes annoying, especially when flying dodo's. The MTU method is a lot easier imo. I have only had 2 join various MTU sessions in well over 30hrs so far and if I get vans then find new session, I already start in an empty session.

A bypass button on a router near me would be very nice.

Edited by Ja50nX

works for me when i change the month and the year also, because 2017 is really 1 month ahead if you keep the year 2016 you are going 11 months in the past. Next month you can go back to just changing the month

Edited by ALLWORLD19

@OP, There's a much easier method for PC that just requires a firewall rule and saves all that faffing around with a second PC. Unfortunately I'm overseas and don't have access to my PC where I have the link saved. It's been posted here in a few topics before.

Maybe a google search will help.

• 4 weeks later...

What i do to get a public lobby by myself on PC is simply plugging out the internet cable for 4 seconds then plug it in and bam, im by myself.

Edited by Fugitive69

• 4 weeks later...

disconnecting by pulling out the cable on pc doesn't work for me anymore.

it seems that rockstar have changed something about splitting the lobby by disconnecting.

it used to work very good for me when i pulled the cable for about 8 seconds.

but now it always disconnects me and puts me back into single player.

i have tried it many times and also with less seconds but no success.

has anybody else experienced this as well?

what is an easy alternative method on pc which still works?

disconnecting by pulling out the cable on pc doesn't work for me anymore.

it seems that rockstar have changed something about splitting the lobby by disconnecting.

it used to work very good for me when i pulled the cable for about 8 seconds.

but now it always disconnects me and puts me back into single player.

i have tried it many times and also with less seconds but no success.

has anybody else experienced this as well?

what is an easy alternative method on pc which still works?

Block outgoing UDP-Connections on Ports 6672, 61455, 61457, 61456 and 61458.

Might as well work for consoles, if the rule is configured on the router instead of the windows firewall.

Sometimes, there's one other player in the lobby when startin GTAO with the rule enabled. Either switch lobbies or restart the game. I guess it's a guaranteed solo session after 3 times max.