4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Aiming for the head

askinnywhitedildo

askinnywhitedildo

I like to think I'm good at this game, and I feel like I'm good at killing. But there are some guys out there, who can almost instantly lock onto my head and kill me. How are they this fast? How are they aiming and getting their reticle to my head almost instantly after rolling?

Every now and then I'll come across a guy like this, who is just unstoppable. I'm sick of having the lesser hand in the these confrontations. It's like I'm less than half a second off everytime from killing them. Sometimes, I won't even be able to damage them. I've been practicing this sh*t, and rolling nonstop lately. I was already decent at it, but I'm still not able to take guys like this out. I'm also using a Xbox controller for the first time in my life, and I think that might play a part in this, because I feel like I didn't suck this bad when I was on PS3. I've messed around with my sensitivity a lot too, but it's not really changing anything.

It's like people can roll faster than me too, by like split seconds. It makes me think it's a sh*tty connection half the time. Or do I just suck, and have no chance at being as good as these people?

I like to think I'm good at this game, and I feel like I'm good at killing. But there are some guys out there, who can almost instantly lock onto my head and kill me. How are they this fast? How are they aiming and getting their reticle to my head almost instantly after rolling?

Every now and then I'll come across a guy like this, who is just unstoppable. I'm sick of having the lesser hand in the these confrontations. It's like I'm less than half a second off everytime from killing them. Sometimes, I won't even be able to damage them. I've been practicing this sh*t, and rolling nonstop lately. I was already decent at it, but I'm still not able to take guys like this out. I'm also using a Xbox controller for the first time in my life, and I think that might play a part in this, because I feel like I didn't suck this bad when I was on PS3. I've messed around with my sensitivity a lot too, but it's not really changing anything.

It's like people can roll faster than me too, by like split seconds. It makes me think it's a sh*tty connection half the time. Or do I just suck, and have no chance at being as good as these people?

What aim mode are you playing.what aim mod is the other player using? What system? Maybe it is lag...

And.. WHY are you rolling so much?

• Like 1

askinnywhitedildo

What aim mode are you playing.what aim mod is the other player using? What system? Maybe it is lag...

And.. WHY are you rolling so much?

I was on Partial Aim Assist. I forgot there were four options for this in SP. I just switched over to Full Aim Assist. And I guess the guys I'm fighting and losing to are using Aim Assist, I mean they would have to be. And I'm on XB1.

And you have to roll. I don't like it either, but if you don't roll you're going to get killed. When the other guy is rolling, and you don't have cover, all you can do is roll too.

And I'm talking about Death matches mainly. Which is probably why these guys are so good.

if the target is auto aimed just tip the stick slightly up and you ll aim for the head. it's just about practicing and reflexes... pc users are definitely in advantage though : /

and in first person view you move quicker (at least strafing, running, don't know about rolling).

MechanicMammal

If you are using partial aim assist then as Chrunchip says just push the stick forward a touch, the distance you are away from your target dictates how far you need to push the stick up. if it is close range then you push it up quite a bit, the further away they are the less you need to push the stick. practice on NPC's in missions.

Other things that may affect speed and accuracy.

Include weapon choice use a auto shotgun at close range for example and you are almost guaranteed a head shot.

And some rich people may be using the Xbox elite controller where you can shorten the sticks and trigger movement distance which in theory will make it faster to aim and shoot.

Also a lot of people in a fire fight will have there inventory open spamming snacks and/or armor which effectively makes body shots useless against them.

So my advice would be to.

Practice at different distances.

Trying different weapons.

and use your snacks to make you tankier.

I used to make capture jobs, place enemies and weapons I wanted to practice with and just practice in the creator. You don't die, enemies can infinitely respawn and no cops (if set).