1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Modded Money Wiped Accounts - did you bother to try to "start over

zoso80

Money Wiped From Your Account.  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How Have You Handled it?

• Abandon account completely.
    • Abandon account mostly.
    • Play the account more building money back up.
    • Use the account for trolling exclusively.
    • Get a new account.

I'm curious here. I had my second account wiped. $20k left - thanks for love R*. Just enough to keep the lights on, lol.

I know the pious peanut gallery will will chime in and try to derail things - but I digress, this is geared to those who lost it all but $20k. See Poll for your situation.

Me, I had 40 Benny's lowriders tucked away. All sold and refilled up again. I'm sitting currently at $52 million with 40 dupes again to sell - so in a month or so, I'll have pulled up to near $80 million. Working my way up way faster than I expected. But then again, R* with the Motorcycle DLC has been a fiesta for duping. That clubhouse has been so full of bugs, it's the gift that keeps on glitching.

One dies, another one replaces it.

Cheers.

I'm still trying to find a decent reason why people have modded accounts. Honestly, I am.

Two reasons still valid today:

1. Large sums of cash without grinding.

2. Unlocking the "trick" stuff. (beer hats at the time, limited time content etc.)

Other reasons more geared to PVP and abusing it, but have been patched:

1. Double combat roll.

2. Nearly unlimited snacks and armor.

3. Extra capacity for ammo.

It was a curiosity for me and my original account is a level 312/240. It was something to enjoy goofing off with. I will confess I'm quite fond of the "Asshole" T-shirt, lol. If for anything, it was worth it just for that. Those 5 reasons ought to give you some insight.

Now back to on topic as we go forward.

I'm still trying to find a decent reason why people have modded accounts. Honestly, I am.

Edited by zoso80

Nope. I would just wait until I get my PC or a new cheat comes out.

I can't take part in this tedious grinding process.

• Like 2

Yeah, this was what I was wondering and the purpose of the poll. Thanks for the input.

Nope. I would just wait until I get my PC or a new cheat comes out.

I can't take part in this tedious grinding process.

It's funny, I haven't. I do play on the account and it's given me something to do to "money up" again. I don't do the VIP, CEO or Biker stuff. Boring. Go to point A then to point B and dodge PVP tryhards. If anything the second account gave me some fun things to do with the game like the ground fireworks and little things.

I can fix the money situation so it's been kinda "fun" to flip R* the bird and keep going with the account even though they are tried make it lose it's appeal.

surely they just buy a new one then transfer again
Edited by zoso80

"Unlock packs" on other games exist now (I'm looking at you, BF2), so people want them everywhere.

• Like 1

I don't use modded accounts. It's a terrible waste of time. Rockstar will always wipe them off, no matter how many you make or switch to. How difficult is it to play without cheats?

Yah, such hate. Makes me think of Yoda - "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

Such angry souls.

Sad thing is I'm genuinely curious about how people have reacted to money wipes. Having a conversation about it seems to require a filter though the insults/hate/name calling.

*sigh*

This is going well.

Edited by zoso80

Thanks for the humor, yah, it's a bit thick with snowflakeness. Just ignore it, it'll disappear - conversation is fine here amongst adults!

too gangster in here for me

I wonder that as well.

XF9738Kl.jpg

Yup.

A brand new player these days staring at 5 properties and a yacht, 50 cars, 50 car mods and weapons - with $100k in the bank would seem overwhelming. I know some that have taken the modded account route just because of this. Others I've known have been PVP tryhards who wanted 200 million bucks so they could kill mercilessly without having to worry about about running out of money.

I will admit part of my enjoyment of the modded account has been to thwart R*'s macrotransaction business model. It's been toxic for the franchise IMHO.

I wonder that as well.

XF9738Kl.jpg

Edited by zoso80

Yup.

A brand new player these days staring at 5 properties and a yacht, 50 cars, 50 car mods and weapons - with $100k in the bank would seem overwhelming. I know some that have taken the modded account route just because of this. Others I've known have been PVP tryhards who wanted 200 million bucks so they could kill mercilessly without having to worry about about running out of money.

I will admit part of my enjoyment of the modded account has been to thwart R*'s macrotransaction business model. It's been toxic for the franchise IMHO.

I wonder that as well.

XF9738Kl.jpg

It's understandable, but I think that's Rockstars idea though with high prices. You've either played the game long enough to earn the money to buy the vehicles or you are a new player and a Sharkcard seems tempting. Or in this case, so does modding an account.

It was brought to my attention some would prefer privacy in the poll and not be public about their situations. Sorry, about that. I asked RedDagger if he could fix, he said I'd have to start a new thread.

Live and learn.

:(

Edited by zoso80

I wonder that as well.

XF9738Kl.jpg

You left out the Lynx and the Sanctus.

• Like 2

I wonder that as well.

XF9738Kl.jpg

Shotaro as well.

But anyway. I had a throwaway modded account with a few billion and got the message that it got wiped. From what I'm reading, they should have left me with 20k. My ban expired yesterday. However, if I check Social Club right now I see full stats on PS3 but nothing at all on PS4. No stats whatsoever. Does that mean my ban is not over yet? Because surely I should see a character and the 20k...

I was banned about a year ago. I'll admit I used trainers but never to grief anyone, it was more for funny sh*t in private sessions with crew members. Or doing positive trolling like spawning a Tampa for random people, before the car was released.

If I were to buy a new copy, I'd definitely take the modded account route. Mostly because I know how repetitive and long it would take to grind back to where I was. And if I'm seen as a cheating scumbag for that, so be it. Also, I pretty much did every money glitch since the console release. I think my moment of zen occurred after I was grinding away some stupid mission for 3 hours and I was like, wait wait wait what the f*ck am I doing?

• Like 2

Here's what the account looks like on social club for me:

Left it up for a few minutes so you could see. :)

I wonder that as well.

XF9738Kl.jpg

Shotaro as well.

But anyway. I had a throwaway modded account with a few billion and got the message that it got wiped. From what I'm reading, they should have left me with 20k. My ban expired yesterday. However, if I check Social Club right now I see full stats on PS3 but nothing at all on PS4. No stats whatsoever. Does that mean my ban is not over yet? Because surely I should see a character and the 20k...

Edited by zoso80

I had an account banned and total wiped (I did the bypass at the time)

Here's what it looks like on sc

Xz1Xxut.png

Logging in sure enough I had to make a new character and for some reason they gave me $250k is all I have but to start again no, what I can do is unlink old social club account and link newly made account/transfer :D:p (I mean I still have my 4 other accounts that are intact :lol: )

I fussed with the bypass but I logged in fully before I read about the bypass. So it was pretty much offlimits to me. Been hearing the descriptions of those who bypassed got fully banned. Kinda glad in a way, got to full bore on duping again for the fun of it.

Even though C* tagged me down to 3 personal cars a day to sell. Went from 18 to 3 - BAM!. And I was playing it very safe.

Just slows me down is all.

lolz

I had an account banned and total wiped (I did the bypass at the time)

Here's what it looks like on sc

Xz1Xxut.png

Logging in sure enough I had to make a new character and for some reason they gave me $250k is all I have but to start again no, what I can do is unlink old social club account and link newly made account/transfer :D:p (I mean I still have my 4 other accounts that are intact :lol: )

You play with fire, you're gonna get burned.......

yea but the fire looks so cool :p Edited by deadx23
  • Like 3

I wonder that as well.

XF9738Kl.jpg

You left out the Lynx and the Sanctus.I don't remember anywhere in the game saying that you are forced to buy those cars, if I remember right, the Zentorno is very competitive against those supercars and costs much less, the Dominator Racecar is free and outclasses all the other muscle cars, Massacro RC is less expensive than most of the sports cars and it still is one of the most competitive sports car, The Sanchez can put up a fight against the BF400 and it costs way less.

All in all, there still are cheaper options out there, and if you're not a serious racer in this game, then you don't need those flashy supercars and off road vehicle AT ALL.

And it's not like the game doesn't give you ways to make money, that you find it boring, which is very convenient for you, huh? If you don't want to work for your stuff then don't do it, but put your f*cking pants on and stop whinning and thinking you deserve anything, if you still don't like the game then you can f*cking leave, nobody forces you to stay.

I'm tired of this forum praising and supporting cheaters, even more tired of seeing them bitching because they got caught like they don't deserve it.

And regarding the matter at hand, the closest thing I got to cheating in this game was doing the dead hooker glitch in last gen, shortly after doing that I spent all the money in one sitting and deleted my character and started over again, no big deal, ranking up and making cash in this game has never been easier.

Edited by pedinhuh

Calculated Risk.

Just like riding a bike or driving a car. Or walking to the restroom for that matter. At anytime something can happen you don't expect.

I don't make any justification other than I'm an outlaw and roll my way and know a ban or wipe is a possibility. That's why I never got annoyed. This just meant I get to load up on duping again.

In the end if I get banned, oh well. Got a lot of fun from account.

You play with fire, you're gonna get burned.......

Edited by zoso80
  • Like 1

More boring peanut gallery. So certain of your own morals. Your in the wrong thread if you want to bash modded accounts - and if must insist you'll get tagged for derailing the thread. Surely you have better things to do than get all sanctimonious? 'Cheater, Cheater' how trite.

I wonder that as well.

XF9738Kl.jpg
I don't remember anywhere in the game that you are forced to but those cars, if I remember right, the Zentorno is very competitive against those supercars and costs much less, the Dominator Racecar is free and outclasses all the other muscle cars, Massacro RC is less expensive than most of the sports cars and it still is one of the most competitive sports car.

All in all, there still are cheaper options out there, and if you're not a serious racer in this game, then you don't need those flashy cars.

And it's not like the game doesn't give you ways to make money, that you find it boring, which is very convenient for you, huh? If you don't want to work for your stuff then don't do it, but put your f*cking pants on and stop whinning and thinking you deserve anything, if you still don't like the game then you can f*cking leave, nobody forces you to stay.

I'm tired of this forum praising and supporting cheaters, even more tired of seeing them bitching because they got caught like they don't deserve it.

And regarding the matter at hand, the closest thing I got to cheating in this game was doing the dead hooker glitch in last gen, shortly after doing that I spent all the money in one sitting and deleted my character and started over again, no big deal, ranking up and making cash in this game has never been easier.

Edited by zoso80

Why do we have to respect cheaters on this forum?

Because this forum is not sanctioned by R* and quite a few of the mods here flopping around in the "I can't be bothered to play the game, because I have other stuff to do, but I still want everything. And for free", excuse pool.

Also. Why "start over"? Like any cheater has any remorse or common sense. You obviously don't care. Pack up your suckiness, accept the fact you got caught and go cheat at another extremely easy game. Because nothing makes you more cool or 'much badass', as cheating at something sooo simple. 😞