2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

fw3

You Know Your Session is Going Badly When…

fw3

Good grief, almighty. It's Sunday morning, I woke up early and figured, "what the heck, I'll slam some GTAO time!"

I should've realized right from the start when I logged in and was stuck in that one spot on the beach that is surrounded by cliffs... you know, the one's you can't climb without faceplanting down to your death.

My motorcycle was at the top, but out of reach. I tried to scale those cliffs, but to no avail. And when I died from sliding down rocks, I respawned in the same spot.

So, I became a CEO and called for a Buzzard to hopefully airlift myself outta there. Nope. Buzzard spawned next to motorcycle.

In the end, I had to run about three miles to reach a point where I could climb the rockface, reach the road, and run to my Buzzard, on foot, down the road.

However, once I got about 12 feet from my Buzzard, I was run over, violently, by a raging NPC driver, freaking out at the sight of a helicopter.

I respawned back on the beach.

If you care to share, what are some of the instances you've had where you recognize that, indeed, the session is going badly when... ?

Seriously, today was one of those days where everything went wrong. Landing my Hydra on my Yacht ended in an explosion. Hunting the Beast ended up in me crashing my Bati and the Beast shooting me with an RPG. Or calling for a new vehicle, only to be killed while LJT calls as I'm trying to fight back and my vehicle never arrives.

Eventually, once I recognized my bad session, I just quit and ate some toast. I like toast. Cheers! :)

(TL;DR: ever have a session where everything goes wrong? what exactly goes wrong and how do you handle it?)

yYJUfcsJcEOMM-nx3gD7Ag_0_0.jpg

Anda7x

When a hacker blows me up right after I log in

Edited by Avenged Sevenfold

Katemosswithoutmakeup

when insurgent and jet icons appear on the radar

Cavot

When you keep seeing "(player name) has chosen the easy way out" over and over in the kill feed.

Sky_Light12

the moment rockstar server are unavailable right connected to the session is the moment i lost my composure

" WHAT ?! "

the moment i got message " files required to play gta online " in attempt to go online is the moment of self-harm

* headbutting the wall 5 times in a row *

the moment combined from all the above along other game-breaking errors

" FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU " * snap the controller in half , repeatedly smash the PS4 , knock over the TV , microwaves the game's disc , threw the game's case to the dumpster . sent a hatemail with title " FIX YOUR GODDAMN GAME " to R* *

action_pumper

Spawning here after pac stan is really bad

f8Eu01U.jpg

Damned_Hitman

Forgetting that you joined a friend in a race on assisted aim the previously day, and then taking far too long to realise that you're in an assisted aim session whilst attempting to use driveby....

Dream-_-Traveler

When you keep seeing "(player name) has chosen the easy way out" over and over in the kill feed.

Lmao this. I stopped engaging when I had a level 30 something (old player on new account) desperately make sure NOBODY could kill him.

Str8 up street marksmen ONLY.

Suicide when he sees an opponent cutting in between to houses or any weird angle...

Whenever these cancerous little devil spwans are plaguing our existence they ruin anyones good time...

It always starts off as a simple revenge for 3 and a half clips of marksmen bullets whizzing by me and finally killing me and alowly turns into "I GOT YOU NOW FKER..." *player has committed suicide/took the easy way out*

*NOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

Player respawns and continues his truffle shuffle in the middle of the road like a kid with ADHD focused on something shiny...

Smooth Longsack

You know your session is going bad when: blue circles don't show up on properties.

LL Cool L

fw3 to the rescue with dem threadz.....

to answer nope, not really, not that I can remember anyway.....not to brag but im pretty good at gta, im an all around player, "jack of all trades, master of none"

there is always someone better and its just a game to me so...I dunno, im not the best person to ask this lol

JohnnyXR

It's going bad when you see 20 other players, and 14 of them are in a ghosted organization. And 12 of them are in hydras or lazers. The rest are in passive while also in a jet! Let the good times roll. :evilgrin::p

reform

When you're already hearing iritating obnoxious voices, while you're still only decending from the clouds. I already know I'll be switching sessions at the first opportunity.

puredorian

When beggars are in the chat.

kovaandr

You know something is f*cky when the session is full, about 25 people are in passive and there are some dark red dots roaming around...

fw3

When you're already hearing iritating obnoxious voices, while you're still only decending from the clouds. I already know I'll be switching sessions at the first opportunity.

^ this, @reform, is so painfully funny because it's so painfully true! LOL!!!

I swear, I hear "those" voices and I just shut my eyes, deeply sigh outward, and think, "Lord help me."

Then I join the first Job that pops up in the feed, no matter what it is. :)

JohnnyXR

You know something is f*cky when the session is full, about 25 people are in passive and there are some dark red dots roaming around...

That's when I go get a lazer and terrorize the lobby! Well.. only the red dots unless the white dots attack me. :evilgrin:

CaptainMarvel

Never had a "bad" session thankfully. Even with the shuffle snipers and heli try hards/jet jack off-enders, every tactic has its weakness and makes it damn fun and funny when you take a person out of their comfort zone.

The spawning at beach with vehicle above you can be frustrating fun, especially with the unwinnable battle against a steep mountain climb up. (I won't concede victory to you game physics!!)

Voit Turyv

When I see Russian text in a chat.

Kushology

A while back, I had my spawn location on Random. I spawned outside Fort Zancudo. Due to someone stealing a jet, only to be shot down, I was then griefed by an AI Lazer along with the other guy getting killed too.. Around 10 to 15 deaths. I shut the game off.

Edited by Kushology

Anasterian

When you spot chat messages while you're still in the clouds. I just know it's going to be one of those days. Timed out. Failed to connect. Timed out. Session full. Unavailable. Host left the session. Disconnected. Cannot connect, returning to GTAV. Timed out-

ALT+F4.

Edited by Anasterian

Skeve613

When you parachute onto your yacht, and even the yacht rejects it and tries to get you killed:

It's going bad when you see 20 other players, and 14 of them are in a ghosted organization. And 12 of them are in hydras or lazers. The rest are in passive while also in a jet! Let the good times roll. :evilgrin::p

That would practically be wet dream lobby for me truth be told :lol:

Mach1bud

fw3, bro. Why didn't you just change your spawn location and switch sessions? I feel ya though. Typical GTA day lol.

I'll post my stories later.

DangerZ0neX

When you literally can hear the sound and feel the vibrations of a jet strafe the exact moment you spawn into the session.

OCDee

Lmao this. I stopped engaging when I had a level 30 something (old player on new account) desperately make sure NOBODY could kill him.

Str8 up street marksmen ONLY.

Suicide when he sees an opponent cutting in between to houses or any weird angle...

Whenever these cancerous little devil spwans are plaguing our existence they ruin anyones good time...

It always starts off as a simple revenge for 3 and a half clips of marksmen bullets whizzing by me and finally killing me and alowly turns into "I GOT YOU NOW FKER..." *player has committed suicide/took the easy way out*

*NOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

Player respawns and continues his truffle shuffle in the middle of the road like a kid with ADHD focused on something shiny...

I'd just drive around and stalk him endlessly, completely ruining his play session til he left. If he keeps suiciding, its his wasting money and time. Not me.

Jammsbro

When its a full lobby, nearly everyone is in MC or CEO colours, there are red dots, there are two jets working together, an insurgent is smashing around....

Hunter

When it takes almost a minute for the animation of you leaving your yacht's door to start - cue the unknown network error/session split.

fw3

fw3, bro. Why didn't you just change your spawn location and switch sessions?

Because changing sessions, for me, is like admitting defeat or that I did something wrong when I didn't... and that's when I go all Charleton Heston:

ARTHUR.

Because changing sessions, for me, is like admitting defeat or that I did something wrong when I didn't... and that's when I go all Charleton Heston:

lol I agree, changing sessions is another 5 minutes of agony as well.

Best way to get out is use Lester's heist setup on your phone, it teleports you to your apartment no matter where you are in the map. It doesn't start the heist and you stay in your session.

JohnnyXR

lol I agree, changing sessions is another 5 minutes of agony as well.

Best way to get out is use Lester's heist setup on your phone, it teleports you to your apartment no matter where you are in the map. It doesn't start the heist and you stay in your session.

True! Never take an L!

Nick1020

When the session is filled with crews like EXES or FOLD and all use cheap tatics.