2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

If Free Aim was default for Online....

Damned_Hitman

OP has a serious hard-on for free aim. Another free aim related thread brought to you by A J/Damned Hitman :rol:

I used to play free aim online but the AI had its aim assist tuned up to 11 rendering it unplayable, also unplayable in FAA, AA and Traditional GTA. Easy way to lose players in droves if you ask me.

Free aim in single player was a walk in the park.

The AI is usually not that hard to deal with as long as you don't drive right into all their lines of sight.. and get out and start shooting. Not sure whats unplayable about it. I mean really.. theres always the easy way of doing things like using bullet proof rear end cars and buzzards.

In single player the AI doesn't cheat spawn as much as they do in online too.

The biggest threat from AI is 'magic' spawns. Especially the ones when driving and they just spawn in front, drive past and land shots. Which can really only be countered by sucking back candie and ducking alot.

• Like 1

Damned_Hitman

OP has a serious hard-on for free aim. Another free aim related thread brought to you by A J/Damned Hitman :rol:

I used to play free aim online but the AI had its aim assist tuned up to 11 rendering it unplayable, also unplayable in FAA, AA and Traditional GTA. Easy way to lose players in droves if you ask me.

Serious hard-on for free aim? Nah m8, I'm spreading the word of free aim , like a Jehovahs Witness spreads the word of Jesus.

Give me an example( ie. name of a mission) of this AI with its aim assisted tuned to 11 rendering it unplayable....You're grossly exaggerating it, or you're coming as hopelessly bad at this game...I'm pretty sh*t myself, so give me an example, I like challenges.

Interesting answers. Thanks for your thoughts.

The co-op vs NPC argument is intriguing, I think slightly exaggerated.

I think it's just about taking it slower and positioning yourself more smartly.

---------------------------------

I agree ...i found when soloing missions that im far more successful when adopting the predators way...that is patience and positioning and learning the tricks of the mission to compel NPCs into bottlenecks etc and select where to draw the mobile NPCs after you stole meth etc.

If you just head full on with the mindset of cash per minute it gets rough with those ninja npc shooting abilities.

Edited by shimenki
  • Like 1

Damned_Hitman

Interesting answers. Thanks for your thoughts.

The co-op vs NPC argument is intriguing, I think slightly exaggerated.

I think it's just about taking it slower and positioning yourself more smartly.

---------------------------------

I agree ...i found when soloing missions that im far more successful when adopting the predators way...that is patience and positioning and learning the tricks of the mission to compel NPCs into bottlenecks etc and select where to draw the mobile NPCs after you stole meth etc.

If you just head full on with the mindset of cash per minute it gets rough with those ninja npc shooting abilities.

Exactly.

assisted aimers are too used to having it easy, that when it comes to a challenge they consider it impossible.

Free aim is fine for some games. I play the infamous games and those are free aim and fun.

Ok. Cool.

But this isn't a first person shooter and it isn't a campaign solo game. It's a laggy, glitchy online game with a huge, open map that can have a ton of players fighting in an area.

You are right there, but that is literally no reasoning or logic for aim preference.

All free aim would do is reduce the amount of players entering free roam battles, have players waste a f*ck ton of ammunition and eventually break joypads.

You don't know that. In all actuality, less FR PvP battles would be more welcoming. Hence, why I really stick to FAF and still find lobbies of all connotations (friendly, to hell in a handbasket). There are numerous modes where you can PvP yourselves stupid.

Free aim might take far more skill, but it would remove the fun of having a pvp fight for most players and you would almost deifinitely see a huge decline in that sort of gameplay. Freeroam would eventually lose a lot of play due to it.

Again, you are just assuming that. Definite bias against the FA preference. Simply because you don't like it. 😞

Imagine heists, missions, even gang attacks with free aim only. Aye, imagine dying a ton during a gang attack because you are in free aim and the enemy is now way, waaay better at aiming at you than you are at them. And they hit harder.

There's no imagining any of that (except excessive death) for us who do already play FA, and we have extensive fun in all modes and aspects, doing it. Again, bias, because it's really starting to sound like you kinda just suck at the game...

Imagine doing the last Lamar mission or a tricky heist in free aim with players not at your skill level. Goodnight Zacatecas.

This is where you learn to, get good or get wrecked. To hell with having your hand held and worrying about your "aim preference" effecting your fragile feelings.

You've hit that point where you are making things too complicated over such a simple topic. When i see FLEX EPEEN. You hit the wall of Bullsh*t.

Here is the problem.

Your reading comprehension skills are awful and blah blah blah.

Heres your problem... I stopped reading right there...

I have a short attention span.. I don't have time to read these bloated replies where you make no real points and at the same time try and insult me with your BS and pick things apart. Especially when you start a reply with an insult.

Keep it short.. keep it to the point. Don't like my replies.. Well toooooo f*ckin bad.

Ok I can see you have a short attention span but that shouldn't matter because several times I bold and made the words very large on the important bits so you couldn't ignore it so that is no excuse. You are just being dishonest.

Like i said you are only showing that you are just an unreasonable person and you are an intellectual coward. All you are doing is dodging the argument because you know you were wrong.

I will say this again. telling you that you have poor reading comprehension skills and then copying and pasting your quotes to prove it is not insulting you.

By this logic you are using it is also an insult for someone to tell another person that they are physically unhealthy and show to them that they are obese. It's an observation, not an insult. If I wanted to insult you I would of simply said you were a stupid person and left it at that.

I was trying to be as patient and helpful as I could but it seems you are the type who likes to bait people into flaming you after you do something wrong.

Curious, but for FA players: do you use FA Full or FA Assisted? Much like AA, it has two settings and players are mixed together regardless of those two options.

If you only use FA Full, do you find yourselves at a severe disadvantage when engaging in PvP against players who may be using FA Assisted?

I know the differences are far more drastic between the two settings in FA, so I'm quite curious about which you use most often or entirely.

I think you're getting quite a bad misfeed of information concerning FA lobbies.

I play in FA lobbies all the time and never come across what you're talking about - partially assisted-aim players being thrown into the same lobby. If that were the case it would severely knock my confidence and affect my willingness to play GTA online. I think the problem comes from certain deathmatches where this can happen, but because I never do deathmatches any more, I never have this problem. I do play FA adversary modes from time-to-time, and I don't have this problem either.

A case in point would be my style of freemode attack using the Buzzard. I like to take on ground-based players and run at them and their homing launchers. Once close enough, they would easily be able to lock-on and take you down using assisted-aim, but I never have this problem, only the dreaded lock-on of that homing launcher when you get your tactics wrong.

Trust me, this is not a wide-spread problem in FA lobbies.

If free aim was default, more people would inherently play free aim for the pure fact that it's the default setting. Regardless of whether FA is better or worse than AA, whatever is the default is the most likely to be use for a multitude of reasons (i.e. too lazy to change settings, not knowing how to change settings, etc etc etc). This is obviously one of those generic AA vs FA f*ckfests that we've seen plenty of times over the past years, and like all of those previous threads, it goes 100% absolutely nowhere. I don't see why some of you idiots are drawn to this garbage knowing that nothing will ever resolve from it, but that's just my 2 cents :/

Serious hard-on for free aim? Nah m8, I'm spreading the word of free aim , like a Jehovahs Witness spreads the word of Jesus.

Give me an example( ie. name of a mission) of this AI with its aim assisted tuned to 11 rendering it unplayable....You're grossly exaggerating it, or you're coming as hopelessly bad at this game...I'm pretty sh*t myself, so give me an example, I like challenges.

And like a Jehovah's Witness, you are getting a nice door slammed in your face :^:

Edited by Dottie

You've hit that point where you are making things too complicated over such a simple topic. When i see FLEX EPEEN. You hit the wall of Bullsh*t.

Here is the problem.

I have a short attention span.. I don't have time to read these bloated replies where you make no real points and at the same time try and insult me with your BS and pick things apart. Especially when you start a reply with an insult.

Keep it short.. keep it to the point. Don't like my replies.. Well toooooo f*ckin bad.

Ok I can see you have a short attention span but that shouldn't matter because several times I bold and made the words very large

Obviously it won't matter if you make it bold or larger if I stopped reading..

And you say i have poor reading comprehension... :lol:

Feel free to stay on topic tho..

I don't see why some of you idiots are drawn to this garbage knowing that nothing will ever resolve from it, but that's just my 2 cents :/

Well since you where drawn to this topic and had to put in your 2 cents... That makes you an idiot just like us. hahaha

One of us!... One of us!

Edited by .Vooodu.
  • Like 1

Here is the problem.

Ok I can see you have a short attention span but that shouldn't matter because several times I bold and made the words very large

There is no irony in what I just said. There is a very good reason why articles and journals use large bold text. It is to make sure the reader takes in key key words.

Childrens story books use this mid paragraphs for this very reason. First graders can comprehend it. for you to fault me for assuming it would help you understand is you admitting you are intellectually challenged, it is literally retardation.

You better have dyslexia.

You better have dyslexia.

Hey.. thats my favorite pick up line in a bar.

Always works... Especially on blind girls. They love that sh*t... lol

Edited by .Vooodu.

Curious, but for FA players: do you use FA Full or FA Assisted? Much like AA, it has two settings and players are mixed together regardless of those two options.

If you only use FA Full, do you find yourselves at a severe disadvantage when engaging in PvP against players who may be using FA Assisted?

I know the differences are far more drastic between the two settings in FA, so I'm quite curious about which you use most often or entirely.

I think you're getting quite a bad misfeed of information concerning FA lobbies.

I play in FA lobbies all the time and never come across what you're talking about - partially assisted-aim players being thrown into the same lobby. If that were the case it would severely knock my confidence and affect my willingness to play GTA online. I think the problem comes from certain deathmatches where this can happen, but because I never do deathmatches any more, I never have this problem. I do play FA adversary modes from time-to-time, and I don't have this problem either.

A case in point would be my style of freemode attack using the Buzzard. I like to take on ground-based players and run at them and their homing launchers. Once close enough, they would easily be able to lock-on and take you down using assisted-aim, but I never have this problem, only the dreaded lock-on of that homing launcher when you get your tactics wrong.

Trust me, this is not a wide-spread problem in FA lobbies.

I'm glad to hear that it hasn't been an issue; it was what sort of steered me away during my first experiences though. Perhaps some of the FA Assist element has decreased over time because I gather that it's heavily frowned upon (from what has been said already) and because the FA front is perhaps smaller and embraces sort of a more purist vibe as a whole. My personal experiences came from PS4 though, so it could be different on each platform. I do know that it mixes the two variants of FA here though, but perhaps I'll give it another fair shot (no pun intended) to see how it is these days. :)

Edited by -LN-

Damned_Hitman

I don't see why some of you idiots are drawn to this garbage knowing that nothing will ever resolve from it, but that's just my 2 cents :/

Well since you where drawn to this topic and had to put in your 2 cents... That makes you an idiot just like us. hahaha

One of us!... One of us!

Every time aim preference is mentioned you get these sorts of posts that don't discuss the topic but simply see it as being an excuse to call everyone idiots for trying to discuss it.

I'm still waiting on someone to post an example of an AI mission that is impossible to do in freeaim as some have pointed out.

Free aim is fine for some games. I play the infamous games and those are free aim and fun.

But this isn't a first person shooter and it isn't a campaign solo game. It's a laggy, glitchy online game with a huge, open map that can have a ton of players fighting in an area.

All free aim would do is reduce the amount of players entering free roam battles, have players waste a f*ck ton of ammunition and eventually break joypads.

Free aim might take far more skill, but it would remove the fun of having a pvp fight for most players and you would almost deifinitely see a huge decline in that sort of gameplay. Freeroam would eventually lose a lot of play due to it.

Imagine heists, missions, even gang attacks with free aim only. Aye, imagine dying a ton during a gang attack because you are in free aim and the enemy is now way, waaay better at aiming at you than you are at them. And they hit harder.

Imagine doing the last Lamar mission or a tricky heist in free aim with players not at your skill level. Goodnight Zacatecas.

How would this change loose a lot of freeroam play? If everyone has to aim not by pressing one button and headshoting everyone there would be much more fun in the game. And quite a lot of vehicles will make sense. Free-aim is a must for PVP for any game, like i said i don't care for AI that has nothing to do with player vs player experience no one cares how fast you can kill 5-10 AI if it is with aim assist with full assist or with free aim. I bet i can beat anyone with even with full assist on that since i have done all missions so many times i know where every enemy is even before they spawn or peak a corner. Like i said that doesn't matter but for freeroam the game will be much more balanced. Giving vehicles like the CEO/semi armored cars and even normal cars purpose. Isnt it stupid you just pass someone with your car he presses one button and instantly you are dead how is that a skill based or even fair game at all but if that person had to aim he would kill you 1/2 out of 10 max and that makes it normal. And everything is like that in the game way more people will stop hiding doing CEO/VIP/MC work in "solo" sessions if people needed way more skill to kill them not just 1 button press when they are next to you. This is my personal opinion do note that but anyone who is defending Assisted/Full aim for a PVP game just don't want to learn how to play the actual game. By lowering the learning curve of the game so much you are destorying the essence of doing something well since everyone at day 1 until day N play the exact same way with the same amount of skill only thing that changes is the cars/houses/cloths they have.

PS: there are many things that need to be fixed in the game to make it balanced but if you remove things like Aim-assist/full aim for PVP and lower the amount of damage the cannon of the fighter plane does you will fix 75% of what people cry about when playing this game. And loading screens :D

Edited by scs151
  • Like 1

I've played both aim preferences but mainly stick to auto aim as that is where most of my friends play and the shooting in this game is terrible. Although the only weapons I use in game are the Heavy Sniper, Marksman Rifle and Hydra cannons so I technically don't use anything that locks on lmao. The aim preference hate around these forums is laughable though. GTA has always had auto aim, it's not going anywhere, free aim is great if you like it stick to it good for you b, but the only thing I don't care for personally is assisted free aim. But I'll stick to aa full as GTA is not a game to be taken so seriously in my opinion. If I feel like going full try hard I'll throw in R6S or something like that as every other fps or tps game I play is free aim.

Audi_893.gif

GTA's Free Aim works best on PC where there's both KB+M and 60+ FPS depending on your build, but the controls and mechanics are still too clunky to warrant FA as a default preference. Playing with GTA's Free Aim on console or a gamepad is the equivalent of playing shooters like CoD and Halo with aim assist turned off; joysticks are nowhere near as precise as a mouse, and you'd have to lower your sensitivity to the point where you don't constantly overshoot your crosshair in the middle of a close-range gunfight.

With practice, Free Aim can be tolerable, but it's not something a regular console gamer can just pick up and play. I used to play Free Aim on last-gen, but now I mostly play on Auto Aim (it's easier to find races), and I'm not in favor for this aim preference either. I'd like to see the aim assist system from first and third-person shooters implemented in future R* games, they've been using this Auto Aim system since the 3D Universe. Having one system would also end the segregation of the community due to different aiming preferences, which would do wonders for matchmaking... that is, if people are actually leaving Free Mode nowadays. :p

Edited by Sir Michael

With practice, Free Aim can be tolerable, but it's not something a regular console gamer can just pick up and play.

I 100% disgaree.

FA is simple. Being really good at is takes skill. But you don't have to be really good.. You just have to be willing to do it, regardless of how good you are and deal with it.

Free aim NOT for try hards or super competitive players only. Its for players who don't want AA ruining the shooting aspect of the game.

Anyone who can play free aim. Not everyone can drive into a cluster f*ck of NPCS or players in FA,, get out of their car and kill everyone in seconds. Thats something only really good FA players can do. But thats also something everyone in AA can do.

The bottom line. If you stick any player in free aim for a month.. and only free aim. They learn how to play. They delevop their own style, they learn how to be effective in free aim. Basically.. they learn how to play.

• Like 1

Damned_Hitman

Some good posts above.

I agree, it's just a case of it being more enjoyable to be able to get close with a shotgun in a shootout, or driveby from a motorcycle, hence to me why free aim no matter how 'difficult' it first seems is far more enjoyable, realistic and worth playing. Almost all players that have tried it, have never gone back to playing assisted aim, it's a lot more fun.

I also think they made it even easier in GTA V than GTA IV, to freeaim so to speak.

I can only hope that in Rockstars next games that assisted aim will only be default for playing vs NPCs