2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

If Free Aim was default for Online....

Damned_Hitman

Damned_Hitman

Interesting answers. Thanks for your thoughts.

The co-op vs NPC argument is intriguing, I think slightly exaggerated.

So in light, could someone please be kind enough to give an example of a mission or something they think might be impossible to do in freeaim because of the AI over powerment?

I think it's just about taking it slower and positioning yourself more smartly.

Really any of the later Lester and Martin missions, some of Trevor mission's like Method in the madness, due to the increased health of the boat passengers and the large amount of lost in vehicles. Another is Handle with care, due to the large amount of both AI inside the warehouse, the chopper that appears after reaching the boats, and the enemy boats that chase you.

Ok, thanks I'm going to give 'Method in the Madness' a try on PS4 / Free Aim / Hard / Solo.

Will record it too, I'm not experienced at PVE, so it's going to be interesting.

So in light, could someone please be kind enough to give an example of a mission or something they think might be impossible to do in freeaim because of the AI over powerment?

Really any of the later Lester and Martin missions, some of Trevor mission's like Method in the madness, due to the increased health of the boat passengers and the large amount of lost in vehicles. Another is Handle with care, due to the large amount of both AI inside the warehouse, the chopper that appears after reaching the boats, and the enemy boats that chase you.

Ok, thanks I'm going to give 'Method in the Madness' a try on PS4 / Free Aim / Hard / Solo.

Will record it too, I'm not experienced at PVE, so it's going to be interesting.

And do not forget "Hard Labor" by Gerald too, some NPCs in that mission can survive two explosions, it will give some perspective as to why we think NPCs aiming is crazy. Edited by pedinhuh
  • Like 2

I proper started playing in free aim cos of the biker dlc, and its pretty awesome, all the stuff I heard from here was bull no offence

the npcs are not "God" like, that is a massive over exaggeration....

there is more use of mini guns, rockets and explosives tho, and a lot more try hard freemode warriors but its less populated and from my experience for the most part, more civil

for bike riders, free aim is the way to go.....

They are actually speaking the truth. The A.I is "God like" in the sense that it is perfect and does things humans could never do consistently.

The A.I accuracy in GTA is unbelievable.. The blind firing it uses is almost the same as the normal lock and they can shoot very accurately from fast moving cars and helicopters spinning out of control. It just makes things much worst when you consider how it is constantly breaking the rules of what is physically possible.

• Like 3

Yes.

Aiming with a controller in a game like GTA sucks big time. However I feel myself more comfortable in several FPS, even without assisted aim.

since I first played GTA , I ALWAYS had Free Aim , I never played with assisted aim ....

PS : I still suck at PvP , assisted Aim won´t make me better lool , I´d be in a lobby with ppl having that too , anyway :)

Edited by nido997
  • Like 2

If it were free aim only, I'd still play. Just adapt to it.

Same here, I'd just be use to it like I am with AA - partial.

Edited by Candy Suxxx

Shadowfennekin

I'd actually play FA if the AI wasn't so damn OP

I played FA on IV all the time

CaliMeatWagon

Free Aim + Enemy AIs with godlike aim = No fun

Solution, become godlike yourself. Or get better at cover and engaging at longer distances with non sniper weapons (First person helps a lot with this).

You basically can't, since enemies are capable of shooting at you while you're in cover, and you're unable to be as near-invincible as them. And don't get me started on AI being able to shoot you at ridiculous distances while driving a really fast car, only to be dead in a matter of seconds.

Playing in Auto-Aim forces you to engage the enemy within theiyr're aim range if you want to be able to lock on. The weapons in this game have a greater effective range then theiyr're lock on range.

Every mission has an easy way and a hard way to complete it. By taking your're time, paying attention to your're surroundings, and going in with a plan, even missions on hard are easy.

The stock settings for first person are horrible. By making a few changes to the camera and control settings you can make first person a truly enjoyable experience.

So by playing smart, using the appropriate weapons at the appropriate ranges, and having the correct first person settings, Free-Aim not only becomes extremely doable in the sense of PvE, but also a lot more enjoyable in the sense of PvP. Lobbies are more peaceful, and besides the odd douche, you don't have to deal with players using BS tactics.

And this is me speaking from my experiences from the last ~year of playing First Person Free-Aim.

Personally, I believe GTA with friends and First Person Free Aim is an excellent "tactical" shooter.

I proper started playing in free aim cos of the biker dlc, and its pretty awesome, all the stuff I heard from here was bull no offence

the npcs are not "God" like, that is a massive over exaggeration....

there is more use of mini guns, rockets and explosives tho, and a lot more try hard freemode warriors but its less populated and from my experience for the most part, more civil

for bike riders, free aim is the way to go.....

They are actually speaking the truth. The A.I is "God like" in the sense that it is perfect and does things humans could never do consistently.

The A.I accuracy in GTA is unbelievable.. The blind firing it uses is almost the same as the normal lock and they can shoot very accurately from fast moving cars and helicopters spinning out of control. It just makes things much worst when you consider how it is constantly breaking the rules of what is physically possible.

To add to that:

The enemy NPCs in some CEO/Biker work are able to kill you with a few gunshots in a highspeed chase you being in a helicopter and they in a car.

They even hit you even though the helicopter is in the way. "Homing bullets"

enemies usually armed with MGs are usually this , as seen in " Base Invader " ( where almost-infinite marines armed with weak-tiered MG instead of carbine rifle , yet far deadlier especially in numbers and if you have no vehicles around , they'll eventually cornered you )

landing strip also has a deadly combination of Combat MG and sniper rifle ( the LMG gunners can wipe out any enemies in open from close-mid range , while even with standard sniper rifle , they can chip your HP to 1% with deadly accuracy , even if you're at toughest state )

other than that , try gang war in lv 120 . you'll find some enemies armed with combat MG and even worse , minigun ( you can bring your kuruma , but it won't last long )

since MG class were buffed , any enemies who armed with MG also have exact damage as player's owned MG but with better accuracy and less recoil ( try you blindfire and then observe enemy with LMG blindfire , go figure ) . for a record , Combat MG has 45 damage per hit and now let's compare it :

fully upgraded combat MG in hands of fully armored player vs bare combat MG in hands of NPCs

while player benefited from huge ammo and ability to zoom further ( or use the scope ) , the accuracy is still nothing compared to NPC's wielded ordinary combat MG . All players start with HP 150 whereas normal NPCs has HP 100 and vehicles all has HP of 1000 ( i was once discussed about HP with Fun long time ago ) , and so 3 shot is enough to kill ordinary NPCs while 4 more than enough to kill a player who are at weakest

Edited by Sky_Light12
  • Like 2

Solution, become godlike yourself. Or get better at cover and engaging at longer distances with non sniper weapons (First person helps a lot with this).

You basically can't, since enemies are capable of shooting at you while you're in cover, and you're unable to be as near-invincible as them. And don't get me started on AI being able to shoot you at ridiculous distances while driving a really fast car, only to be dead in a matter of seconds.

Playing in Auto-Aim forces you to engage the enemy within theiyr're aim range if you want to be able to lock on. The weapons in this game have a greater effective range then theiyr're lock on range.

Every mission has an easy way and a hard way to complete it. By taking your're time, paying attention to your're surroundings, and going in with a plan, even missions on hard are easy.

The stock settings for first person are horrible. By making a few changes to the camera and control settings you can make first person a truly enjoyable experience.

So by playing smart, using the appropriate weapons at the appropriate ranges, and having the correct first person settings, Free-Aim not only becomes extremely doable in the sense of PvE, but also a lot more enjoyable in the sense of PvP. Lobbies are more peaceful, and besides the odd douche, you don't have to deal with players using BS tactics.

And this is me speaking from my experiences from the last ~year of playing First Person Free-Aim.

Personally, I believe GTA with friends and First Person Free Aim is an excellent "tactical" shooter.

Oh if only those were true. Sadly, these aren't always the case.

My friends have basically stopped caring for GTA V and Online at all and have moved on to different games, thus making me the loner to the game.

Also, I rarely use First-Person View as I'm completely adapted to third-person perspective. The First-Person view is nice and all, but it doesn't really handle the same as other FPS games with better precision with aiming.

And lobbies? Pfft, good luck finding one that isn't riddled with hackers with game-breaking explosions that results the game to crash, forcing your character to die even in Passive Mode and in Apartments/Garages, even have tons of modded money dropped onto you, or even swamp the whole server with endless props that can lead to huge FPS drops. And that's coming from a PC gamer, too.

As for getting used to free aim? Yes, it can be done to other players, but to enemy AIs means no easy feat; they can still kill you at even the furthest distances without missing a single shot, be it from cover or from driving and trying to outmaneuver them unless you're in an Armored Kuruma or in a Rhino tank.

IMHO, there are better FPS games with better precision and aiming to other players and enemies alike. GTA V/Online misses its mark.

Edited by M.K.N.

I wish more people would play free aim, just for more job opportunities mostly, and to play with the official GTAForums crew.

Also I don't buy into the godlike enemy AI requires auto aim mentality. I never had a problem with them in free aim.

• Like 1

I wish more people would play free aim, just for more job opportunities mostly, and to play with the official GTAForums crew.

Also I don't buy into the godlike enemy AI requires auto aim mentality. I never had a problem with them in free aim.

Then how do you explain this?

Unless of course you used assisted free aim even if you were to claim that you use free aim yourself.

i played freeaim on IV, but on V i when with the autoaim due to the freeaim mechanics were not at good as in IV.

to this day, still feel more clumsy.

every now and then ill jump into freeaim sessions and try to have fun but underpopulated lobbies and when you find a nice lobby and try to have a battle all you get is fvp wiggle dancing and rpg spamming tryhards.

• Like 2

I hate to be one of those people that are "so good at gta" but nah

its still an exaggeration, the NPCs are more difficult but they are not impossible to kill, besides are video games meant to be easy? are they not meant to pose some sort of challenge and difficulty about them?

if you stick to something you know your whole life, of course alternatives will seem hard...at first, but like all things in life you get better and improve, I was sh*t at FA when I 1st tried it

but like I sed, I read about it here way before I ever tried it, which put me off, but when I finally did, I found that NPC difficulty was exaggerated a lot.

They have better accuracy than you but so what? do people just stand in the open, during gun battles? you have a full weapon wheel, immortality (unless a mission with lives) and possibly friends to aid you...they dont hit you with every single shot....I knw because I run from cover to cover to get better angles or closer to enemies....they also reload and dont have an unlimited clip, a little patience and strategy goes a long way

I play both and Im not buying that sorry, again, dnt mean to sound like some super gta online player but its not that hard man

Edited by LL Cool L

Yeah the accuracy they have is pretty well known, and more than a legitimate reason to not play free aim.

Even a big old attack helicopter gets messed up by it. Sh*t, that was in auto aim too.

But my main reason for playing auto aim is, plain and simple, I find free aim a little clunky. That's it.

Edited by Hunter
  • Like 4

How? They're dumber than rocks and GTA:O barely has recoil. It's easy.

• Like 2

Non Funkable Token

I'd switch to AA eventually. I'm on PC so the most populated lobbies are FA already. I'm more comfortable using a controller and battling against mouse freeaimers is a huge disadvantage. GTA has an important AA tradition thought.

I prefer a better shooting accuracy and the need to learn how to cover&move properly provided by the AA system, rather than the FA system, more plagued by rocket and heavy sniper spammers. Just my preference.

Npcs aren't big deal in FA either. They ragdoll as soon as you hit them, you just have to be a bit more careful when in a FA lobby.

posts a video in AA to talk about FA....yh next,

There is a difference between challenge and artificial difficulty.

artificial difficulty, is that what makes games challenging?? this comment didn't make sense to me....but maybe you could explain, if me saying that does not offend you of course.....

also, again, not tryna brag but every1 is at a different skill level...it is probably a lot harder for some....Im sure with some practice you will get better, i did it (and so have many others), no reason no1 else can

try it, practice, do some gang attacks, or survivals, missions whatever

Let me reword my sentence, there is a difference between real difficulty and artifical difficulty.

In the freeroam environment where Rockstar expects us to do our business against other people the AI doesn't need to be buffed while not being more intellegent to make it more a "challenge".

Believe me when I say I'm actually far above average in this game but some things are just downright unfair when NPC's hit your through vehicles for examples or rapid fire you and have perfect accuracy blind firing. It's more frustrating than challenging to me.

It leaves very little room for intelligent gameplay, tactic and planning and creates a shallow gameplay experience in my opinion.

Edited by Cratoz

Let me reword my sentence, there is a difference between real difficulty and artifical difficulty.

In the freeroam environment where Rockstar expects us to do our business against other people the AI doesn't need to be buffed while not being more intellegent to make it more a "challenge".

Believe me when I say I'm actually far above average in this game but some things are just downright unfair when NPC's hit your through vehicles for examples or rapid fire you and have perfect accuracy blind firing. It's more frustrating than challenging to me.

why is harder NPCs frustrating? you basically just sed because they are better, which in turn makes it more of a challenge, some challenges are frustrating of course, the whole point is over come that and en up on top right

if you are far above average and this does not effect you, then why complaints about it? I don't knw if yoyu get where Im coming from

also I sed that NPCs are harder...its just over exaggerated how much harder they are...they are NCPs man, they have auto aim, thats how games have always been, they are just more accurate in FA which makes it more difficuklt but not impossible....that's my point THEY ARE HARDER BUT NOT GOD NPCS

hate to capilaize and be in bold like that but I swear people pick and choose random parts of stuff I say....

No, if NPCs hit you through things it is in no way better or creates a challenge, it is frustrating if you're actually smart enough to face away but die anyway.

Me being above average or not being affected by it doesn't change the artifical difficulty which is unfair at times, I mean I just gave an example of how I died even tho I was flying at a fast pace not on street level and NPCs killing me from a fast moving vehicle with 3 pistols shots THROUGH the helicopter, of course I'm gonna complain about that, one example which won't make up for the amount of "skill" you have.

Also,I never said they are god NPCs, I still complain about artificial difficulty because it hides lazy AI programming. And being FA or AA doesn't change the AD.

So please keep your last sentence to yourself.

Edited by Cratoz

Then let's see if you can take on the low-level gangs with impressive, hard-to-miss accuracy. Then tell me if its considered easy enough.

As I'm on PC I regularly switch, depending on if I feel like using a controller or a keyboard.

In my opinion, controller with free aim ain't no fun.

CaliMeatWagon

Oh if only those were true. Sadly, these aren't always the case.

My friends have basically stopped caring for GTA V and Online at all and have moved on to different games, thus making me the loner to the game.

Also, I rarely use First-Person View as I'm completely adapted to third-person perspective. The First-Person view is nice and all, but it doesn't really handle the same as other FPS games with better precision with aiming.

And lobbies? Pfft, good luck finding one that isn't riddled with hackers with game-breaking explosions that results the game to crash, forcing your character to die even in Passive Mode and in Apartments/Garages, even have tons of modded money dropped onto you, or even swamp the whole server with endless props that can lead to huge FPS drops. And that's coming from a PC gamer, too.

As for getting used to free aim? Yes, it can be done to other players, but to enemy AIs means no easy feat; they can still kill you at even the furthest distances without missing a single shot, be it from cover or from driving and trying to outmaneuver them unless you're in an Armored Kuruma or in a Rhino tank.

IMHO, there are better FPS games with better precision and aiming to other players and enemies alike. GTA V/Online misses its mark.

I guess that's one of the benefits of playing on the most unsecure greatest gaming platform ever, huh? I'm a filthy console peasant playing on the XB1 and I have none of these issues benefits.

And like I've stated before, the stock First Person settings are horrible. By making the proper tweaks you can make it feel pretty damn good. Not as good as Battlefield/Halo/Medal of Honor/etc, but better than Borderlands and about as a good, if not a bit better, than Far Cry. The two biggest changes are Deadzone and Aim Acceleration.

Then let's see if you can take on the low-level gangs with impressive, hard-to-miss accuracy. Then tell me if its considered easy enough.

one of my good examples are ballas

they may gangbangers armed with pistols , yet they just crackshot as trained soldiers and due to their numbers , i can't emerge without died at least once regardless what weapon i've used ( until , using armored vehicles )

• Like 2

I've experimented with FA in this game, but I would likely stick to AA--no matter how things were population wise in regards to game modes. One of R*'s worst mistakes, in my opinion, was combining FA Full with FA Assist; FA Assist players have a significant advantage and there is no viable way to separate the players in terms of fair matches unless you have an established group of trustworthy players who all agree to use the same settings in all situations.

Even so, I too find the controls to be a bit too "off" for my liking. The last time I played a FA deathmatch, most other players simply pistol whipped nearly everyone because it were easier and more effective; that is, those who were obviously not using FA Assist. If you're in those matches with people who use bullet-proof helmets and the like, forget about it--it can escalate to being frustrating rather quickly. I can appreciate the notions of wanting things to be a bit more realistic (and using FA exclusively) but I just can't for the reasons mentioned.

That is not even taking into account what others have mentioned in regards to NPCs; there are some definitive OP elements (in my opinion), but then again, I'm not used to these settings, so my experiences may be different for those who have more FA experience.

• Like 5