2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How Rockstar could remade gang attacks

Error2k

Remade Gang Attacks  

86 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like this idea?

• I like the idea and I'd love to see this in game
    • I like the idea, but payouts should be higher
    • I don't like the idea - I like current Gang Attacks
    • I don't like the idea - I like current Gang Attacks, but the payout is too low
    • I have different idea on how Rockstar could remake Gang Attacks
    • I don't care about Gang Attacks

Pro-tip: DO THEM!

Not only will Madrazo stop randomly calling you [yeah, that's why, those are his freemode missions] but they're less likely to show up. Riding with/near people who haven't negates this though. My clubhouse is in Sandy Shores and my default spawn. If I lag into solo public lobbies I never see gang attacks. The second someone joins, friend or rando, boom. Gang attacks everywhere. RIP helo's.

Non Funkable Token

Wait, you get PAID for Gang attacks?

If I try to get the stuff in the boxes I'll get filled up with bullets and drop that 500 right away. And if I kill all the enemies the crates disappear. Sure I could leave one enemy left, but even that can be dangerous because they tend to camp the crates.

At least fill those crates up to Los Santos Connections standards...

The crates are gone when the gang attack is ended but their content (guns&money) stay for a while. You can collect them before leaving the area.

• Like 1

KornbreadMaf1a

visit Police Station to find Police Chief and intimidate him

Yeah, uh, you do realize that if we ever threaten a Police Chief we will be on the top of the FIB's and IAA's to-do list?

Our characters aren't supposed to be Gary-Stu/Mary-Sue "badasses" who can do anything with very little challenge, and the last thing we need is to think we can outmuscle an entire police-force. You can't even succeed at escaping a 3-star without calling Lester or hiding in tunnels, so what makes you think that everyone is tough enough to beat the cops? This breaks the reality the game has set, don't turn this into a fan-fiction.

I'm willing to settle with removing the gang attacks from McKenzie and Sandy Shores Airfields, that's it, I don't give a sh*t about anything else.

Reality the game has set? Last time I checked murder of a police officer trumps intimidating a police officer. Nothing about the police in this game is based in reality. In what reality does driving into a mechanics shop make the police department just forget about all the crimes you just committed?

Reality the game has set? Last time I checked murder of a police officer trumps intimidating a police officer. Nothing about the police in this game is based in reality. In what reality does driving into a mechanics shop make the police department just forget about all the crimes you just committed?

Did you ever realize that there's something called "Universal Reality"?

It means that the rules of logic and mechanisms in a set universe, which is the GTA Universe, are fundamentally different from our real-life universe. Think of it as the game's common sense, you can murder the cops, but you cannot reason with the cops. Your character can't fight the FIB and IAA because they overpower us, so what makes you think that you can just waltz into a police station and threaten the Chief of Police like he's some random guy on the street?

You can rob a bank and escape, but you can't rob a bank and go on a never-ending rampage against the cops because you'll get sniped by the helicopters in 5 minutes. You can steal a plane from Merryweather and deliver it to a group of buyers, but you can't steal a jet from the army base if you don't call Lester. You can rescue a guy from jail by careful planning set up by the IAA, but you can't do the same because your character can't do sh*t by himself.

Please, anyone who thinks their character is tougher than the big fish in Southern San Andreas and the GTA V Trio is ignorant as f*ck and has no understanding of the narrative the writers have set. If you still want to claim your character is capable of doing such dangerous actions by himself, there's fanfiction.net and deviantArt.

• Like 2

KornbreadMaf1a

Did you ever realize that there's something called "Universal Reality"?

It means that the rules of logic and mechanisms in a set universe, which is the GTA Universe, are fundamentally different from our real-life universe. Think of it as the game's common sense, you can murder the cops, but you cannot reason with the cops. Your character can't fight the FIB and IAA because they overpower us, so what makes you think that you can just waltz into a police station and threaten the Chief of Police like he's some random guy on the street?

You can rob a bank and escape, but you can't rob a bank and go on a never-ending rampage against the cops because you'll get sniped by the helicopters in 5 minutes. You can steal a plane from Merryweather and deliver it to a group of buyers, but you can't steal a jet from the army base if you don't call Lester. You can rescue a guy from jail by careful planning set up by the IAA, but you can't do the same because your character can't do sh*t by himself.

Please, anyone who thinks their character is tougher than the big fish in Southern San Andreas and the GTA V Trio is ignorant as f*ck and has no understanding of the narrative the writers have set. If you still want to claim your character is capable of doing such dangerous actions by himself, there's fanfiction.net and deviantArt.

What the f*ck are you talking about? We fight the cops all the time and win, I've stolen many a planes from the military base without calling Lester and lived to tell about it, I've walked into a police station killed a bunch of cops to break someone out of jail then lost the police without calling Lester and delivered the newly freed prisoner to a safe house out of the city.

Claiming we can't do what we clearly can and do in the game is being ignorant as f*ck.

You act like the SP characters are these super powerful people when Michael is a snitch, Trevor is a meth head, and Franklin is a hood nigga just trying to get out of the hood so yeah my character is more of a gangster then either one of the three.

Edited by KornbreadMaf1a

What the f*ck are you talking about? We fight the cops all the time and win

Driving away in an Armored Kuruma after shooting a couple of cops and hiding in a tunnel isn't "winning", fighting cops for long enough until they retreat is considered winning, and so far no one has managed to do that.

I've stolen many a planes from the military base without calling Lester and lived to tell about it

Cool story, was that before they buffed the security when Ill Gotten Gains dropped?

I've walked into a police station killed a bunch of cops to break someone out of jail then lost the police without calling Lester and delivered the newly freed prisoner to a safe house out of the city.

1. That mission is easy as f*ck, don't be proud about it.

2. The cops are programmed stay in their place for you to pick on one by one, instead of properly flanking and overwhelming you like they actually do in-game.

3. You only get 1 star on you if escape with the helicopter, it's hilarious if you actually think of Easy Mode POW as an achievement.

Claiming we can't do what we clearly can and do in the game is being ignorant as f*ck.

You can't do anything in this game without having everything set easily for you, your latest example literally has a limit of two stars and no extra cops spawn if you kill them all, are you seriously proud of something that my little sister can do in 8 minutes?

I'll tell you what you're ignorant about, and that is about our characters' best achievements. The most dangerous feats we ever accomplished were invading an undergaurded government facility to steal some computer files on a memory stick and steal $1.25M from a flagship branch, what we can't do is rob the Union Depository for $200M and safely secure nerve toxins that would've made a large part of the state contaminated.

Respect the lore and respect the universe, you can't make up your own rules.

• Like 1

KornbreadMaf1a

What the f*ck are you talking about? We fight the cops all the time and win

Driving away in an Armored Kuruma after shooting a couple of cops and hiding in a tunnel isn't "winning", fighting cops for long enough until they retreat is considered winning, and so far no one has managed to do that.

I've stolen many a planes from the military base without calling Lester and lived to tell about it

Cool story, was that before they buffed the security when Ill Gotten Gains dropped?

I've walked into a police station killed a bunch of cops to break someone out of jail then lost the police without calling Lester and delivered the newly freed prisoner to a safe house out of the city.

1. That mission is easy as f*ck, don't be proud about it.

2. The cops are programmed stay in their place for you to pick on one by one, instead of properly flanking and overwhelming you like they actually do in-game.

3. You only get 1 star on you if escape with the helicopter, it's hilarious if you actually think of Easy Mode POW as an achievement.

You can't do anything in this game without having everything set easily for you, your latest example literally has a limit of two stars and no extra cops spawn if you kill them all, are you seriously proud of something that my little sister can do in 8 minutes?

I'll tell you what you're ignorant about, and that is about our characters' best achievements. The most dangerous feats we ever accomplished were invading an undergaurded government facility to steal some computer files on a memory stick and steal $1.25M from a flagship branch, what we can't do is rob the Union Depository for $200M and safely secure nerve toxins that would've made a large part of the state contaminated.

Respect the lore and respect the universe, you can't make up your own rules.

I don't consider anything I do in a video game an achievement. You're the one who said we can't do this and that so I gave you examples of our online characters doing what you said they couldn't.

What's ignorant is acting like there is this mystical set of rules for what can happen in GTA online when the reality is the developers can add anything they want because it's a game and they control what is and what isn't in it. If they wanted to add something where you intimidate a police chief to complete a mission guess what they. They have us boarding an aircraft carrier then killing all the personal on the carrier before we steal four jets so we can deliver one to an airstrip out in the country while fighting off the jets that come as reinforcements so acting like intimidating a police chief would somehow destroy the narrative of online is pretty f*cking stupid.

You act like the SP characters are these super powerful people

Well, they are. The story is enough proof of that, dude.

Michael is a snitch

Michael is a genius heist planner and leader, not only did he make Simeon his bitch, he also bagged a lot of Merryweather's assets and backed them off offshores with the help of Trevor.

Not to mention, we can't do anything to Simeon, so don't bother.

Trevor is a meth head

- Destroyed the Lost

- Destroyed the Los Aztecas

- Blew up the lair of the O'Neils

- Became the sole distributor of meth and guns in Blaine County, and has strong relations with the cartel in Mexico

- Did most of the damage against Merryweather

- Fought the army with a minigun and flak jacket

- Made Madrazo into his bitch after biting off his ear

- Stole a nuclear weapon with a plan he directed singlehandedly

- Kidnapped Devin Weston and killed Steve Haines, both heavily guarded with cops and Merryweather

Yeah, your character isn't gangster enough to fly a Cropduster into a cargo plane either, so please don't think of him highly.

Franklin is a hood nigga just trying to get out of the hood

Wow, how racist of you. Franklin helped in every heist Michael planned and stole tons of gold bars from the government, so he's not just some hood gangsta if he accomplished more than your character has.

so yeah my character is more of a gangster then either one of the three.

a0ld2jo.jpg Edited by DangerZ0neX

KornbreadMaf1a

You act like the SP characters are these super powerful people

Well, they are. The story is enough proof of that, dude.

Michael is a snitch

Michael is a genius heist planner and leader, not only did he make Simeon his bitch, he also bagged a lot of Merryweather's assets and backed them off offshores with the help of Trevor.

Not to mention, we can't do anything to Simeon, so don't bother.

Trevor is a meth head

- Destroyed the Lost

- Destroyed the Los Aztecas

- Blew up the lair of the O'Neils

- Became the sole distributor of meth and guns in Blaine County, and has strong relations with the cartel in Mexico

- Did most of the damage against Merryweather

- Fought the army with a minigun and flak jacket

- Made Madrazo into his bitch after biting off his ear

- Stole a nuclear weapon with a plan he directed singlehandedly

- Kidnapped Devin Weston and killed Steve Haines, both heavily guarded with cops and Merryweather

Yeah, your character isn't gangster enough to fly a Cropduster into a cargo plane either, so please don't think of him highly.

Franklin is a hood nigga just trying to get out of the hood

Wow, how racist of you. Franklin helped in every heist Michael planned and stole tons of gold bars from the government, so he's not just some hood gangsta if he accomplished more than your character has.

so yeah my character is more of a gangster then either one of the three.

a0ld2jo.jpg

Sorry but Michael is a government witness so it doesn't matter what he does because in the streets he will always be a snitch. Trevor is still a (dead) meth head and yes Franklin is a hood nigga which isn't racist since he has called himself a hood nigga.

All My online characters criminal acts are too numerous to list but here is just a few. He has robbed hundreds of banks, killed thousands of gang members/Lost members/cops, is the president of a motorcycle club, traffics large quantiles of cocaine/meth/weed, produces and sells large amounts of counterfeit bills and fake ID's, has boarded an aircraft carrier to steal jets, has stolen numerous jets from an army base, is the CEO of his own illegal empire trafficking everything from drugs to weapons to rare animal material among many other things, has broken into a prison and police station to free a prisoner, committed an untold number of contract killings, has stolen thousands of vehicles, etc, etc. My character has done all of this without ever being indicted or even taking a single charge so yeah he is more gangster then all three of the SP characters combined.

And I'm missing how flying a plane makes one a gangster.

all that stuff that Trevor did is pretty much on par with what the online protagonist has done.

The online protagonist has stolen a Titan, an Annihilator, a Lightning jet and a Hydra from the military, all of which were under heavy guard.

Killing Steve Haines and kidnapping Devon Westin was no tougher than a Headhunter mission. Death from Above is definitely harder than what Trevor did.

The online protagonist stole that EMP device too.

The online protagonist survived an onslaught of about 200 police, including helicopters and got away clean in the rail yard survival.

The online protagonist operates multiple drug operations.

What Trevor did in wiping out the O'Neils, the Lost and the Vagos was no more impressive than what the online protagonist has done in any particular survival.

The Online heists only happen once canonically. You can't say you've robbed 'hundreds of banks'. Otherwise you could say that the single player characters have robbed the Union Depository hundreds of times through the repeat mission function which is far more impressive.

Edited by D.B. Cooper
  • Like 1

Sorry but Michael is a government witness so it doesn't matter what he does because in the streets he will always be a snitch. Trevor is still a (dead) meth head and yes Franklin is a hood nigga which isn't racist since he has called himself a hood nigga.

All My online characters criminal acts are too numerous to list but here is just a few. He has robbed hundreds of banks, killed thousands of gang members/Lost members/cops, is the president of a motorcycle club, traffics large quantiles of cocaine/meth/weed, produces and sells large amounts of counterfeit bills and fake ID's, has boarded an aircraft carrier to steal jets, has stolen numerous jets from an army base, is the CEO of his own illegal empire trafficking everything from drugs to weapons to rare animal material among many other things, has broken into a prison and police station to free a prisoner, committed an untold number of contract killings, has stolen thousands of vehicles, etc, etc. My character has done all of this without ever being indicted or even taking a single charge so yeah he is more gangster then all three of the SP characters combined.

And I'm missing how flying a plane makes one a gangster.

all that stuff that Trevor did is pretty much on par with what the online protagonist has done.

The online protagonist has stolen a Titan, an Annihilator, a Lightning jet and a Hydra from the military, all of which were under heavy guard.

Killing Steve Haines and kidnapping Devon Westin was no tougher than a Headhunter mission. Death from Above is definitely harder than what Trevor did.

The online protagonist stole that EMP device too.

The online protagonist survived an onslaught of about 200 police, including helicopters and got away clean in the rail yard survival.

What Trevor did in wiping out the O'Neils, the Lost and the Vagos was no more impressive than what the online protagonist has done in any particular survival.

How it feels to argue with the both of you

maxresdefault.jpg

You both do understand what a narrative is, right?

I honestly feel like it doesn't matter what I say to the both of you, all you care about doing is belittling the achievements of actual well-written characters in a story set by the creators of the game's universe and putting your mute freakshow of a clown on a pedestal.

Franklin is a hood nigga which isn't racist since he has called himself a hood nigga.

It's racist if you call him that because you're white, only he and other folk of the same race as him can call him that. Don't spin your way out of this one.

He has robbed hundreds of banks

You only robbed two banks, the narrative states that you've only robbed them once each, the gameplay just lets you rob the same bank hundreds of times for the sake of gameplay. Your character has to be retarded if the narrative stated that he robbed the same bank twice, you're basically deadmeat for trying to drink from the same waterhole you pissed in before.

killed thousands of gang members/Lost members/cops

Again, the narratives states you've only done each mission once. If I ever see you trying to artificially inflate your character's accomplishments I will just say NARRATIVE because you're stuck on repeat.

My character has done all of this without ever being indicted or even taking a single charge so yeah he is more gangster then all three of the SP characters combined.

Not really. You just choose not to include in the deaths, the fails, the suicides, the mistakes, and incompetence that your character has made because you're only willing to cherrypick the gameplay actions that fit you. Seriously, I doubt you're even an adult at this point, your character is still a stain to the Trio just like my character is. Don't think he's special.

You're a moron if you seriously believe that. I already stated what Trevor was capable of and what your character isn't, so I'm not going to say it twice for you.

Did you even play the story? The Trio encountered more dangerous sh*t than your character ever has, they faced off against a tank with a bulldozer and a minigun and got out alive while your character is sh*tting his pants respawning and dying over and over again from a tank and jet griefer.

You serious? A couple of nobodies are equal to a high ranking FIB agent and a billionaire with an entire private militia at his disposal? A mission the require you to parachute into a mansion is harder than flying a crop duster into a cargoplane and successfully hijacking it in midair? Goddamn, the ignorance hurts to witness.

Michael owns half of Vinewood and Trevor owns the ENTIRE STATE in drug and gun distribution, your character hides inside his coke house whimpering if he hears a jet engine in the sky.

No, don't be stupid. Trevor made sure they're extinct, your character still gets chased by them on a daily basis while he's cowardly running away in an armored vehicle. All Trevor did was take a shotgun, some sticky-bombs, and a jerrycan full of gas to make sure they're all gone forever.

If you are willing to downplay something major that your character hasn't done, and exaggerate the actual actions your character has done to make it look like a big deal, then you deserve to be called ignorant.

I'm not going to reply to any of your replies afterwards, I said my share and I'm not going to repeat myself. Peace.

Edited by DangerZ0neX
  • Like 1

KornbreadMaf1a

The Internet equivalent of taking your ball and going home is insulting people then saying you're not going to reply anymore.

Y'all can argue all you want and talk about narratives and what ever else but my online character will always be more of a gangster then any of the SP characters and guess what you can't prove me wrong no matter what you say because there is no right and wrong. P

@ Danger. I got niggas that are white, I got niggas that are Hispanic, and I got niggas that are black plus one of my niggas has told me its cool if I say it because I'm just a nigga that's light skinned. Now if I was putting an er instead of an a then it would be racist.

I don't know if this is a recent thing, but I've started seeing Gang Attacks while doing Biker Business supply runs and CEO Work.

So far I've completed a Gang Attack during Executive Search in Cypress Flats, and a Meth Lab supply run at the Davis Quartz Quarry. (the one near the train tracks, not the actual dig site) I had many times the number of enemies spawning at the quarry than are usually there, and when I spawned into my Meth Lab I got the Gang Attack passed screen.

DentureDynamite

Wait, you get PAID for Gang attacks?

If I try to get the stuff in the boxes I'll get filled up with bullets and drop that 500 right away. And if I kill all the enemies the crates disappear. Sure I could leave one enemy left, but even that can be dangerous because they tend to camp the crates.

At least fill those crates up to Los Santos Connections standards...

You do get "paid" between $1,500 - $2,000--and BTW, although the crates disappear, the money and guns/ammo still remain until you you move a certain distance away from the away.

But yeah, the money in the crates is from 2013...not nearly what should be offered in 2016. Same thing with the money in store holdups; though it's arguably easier/faster, so payout could be, say, $5k; maybe a bit more considering you have to lose at least a two-star wanted level.

Simeon car exports is where the biggest joke of all is at. Absolutely pathetic. I can literally just steal cars off the street and sell them for more: Ballers (9k), Cavalcades (7k), F620s (8k), Felon (9k)/Felon GTs (9.5k)...plus I don't have to spend ~$800 to have them resprayed, or drive to the docks. This game is so freaking borked.

Edited by DentureDynamite

They get annoying how they level up with you but don't stop, being in the high 300's you get like 4-5 minigun users (With the accuracy of a sniper rifle) which shred you sooner than you can say "Can anyone hear compressed air"

I actually like how they work, and get the idea, but agree they get annoying when you want a helicopter.

You'd think that after how many times we have wiped them out at the airfields, they (the enemy npc) would stop going there. Hell, we practically wiped out the Lost waaaaay before Trevor does in story mode. So, I'm in favor of removing the ones at the airfields and increasing the payouts for the rest of them. Whenever I do feel like doing them, I would use my Savage or Rhino. I'm too cheap to use any ammo lol

What you are suggesting is already available in-game as "Freemode Events".

The problem with Gang attacks is that they work exactly the same as Contact missions but with the ability to load them in freemode, made via the "Gang Attack Creator" which is why each Gang attack is the same.

The creator mode doesn't offer much of choices for R* to have each Gang attack different from each other.

I can see R* disabling them and introducing new freemode events that works similar to Gang Attacks.

Because if you want them to remake them with the features you suggested then that's similar to what they did with Heists but less difficult thanks to the experience they gained from creating Heists.

Not to mention remaking them with the current structure might create bugs.

You suggested having the ability to access Tequil la-la, that's not actually difficult since it's already available in the creator thanks to Adversary modes.

The problem is that they cannot guarantee whether the game will unload the interior after you finish the Gang attack.

The bug that allowed some people to load the Aircraft carrier into freemode might happen and you will have access to the Tequil la-la.

Edited by Fun De Panda

My other option in the poll would be, "I don't care about Gang Attacks but I love this idea and maybe if they put these ideas into the game, I might care more about Gang Attacks."

Or something like that. I think. :)

They were great when I was a level 30. They should keep them, just remove the airfield ones.

They haven't bothered me in a long time but tonight I had an MC sell mission that involved flying three Buzzards from McKenzie Field solo. I had no time to waste. FRIGGIN GANG ATTACK RU KIDDIN ME?!

I literally almost crashed my bike into the first buzzard and barely made it up in the air with my life. I guess it made the mission more interesting but I wasn't appreciating it at the time.

SmokesWithCigs

All gang attacks spawn at a certain time during the day. Just go to the air strip when they are not spawning or just don't get in the helicopter during the gang attack. Instead just get in a car and drive away or runaway from the area and the gang attack will deactivate. I like the idea of rdr style gang attacks like they should have gang hideouts or the shootouts should take place in locations like the weed farm, Trevor's meth lab the O'Neal brothers farmhouse pillboxhill parking garages etc. The only gang attacks that are in a some what I closed area are the ballast that takes place under a free way overpass and the families that takes place in Chamberlain hills apartments