2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How Rockstar could remade gang attacks

Error2k

Remade Gang Attacks  

86 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like this idea?

• I like the idea and I'd love to see this in game
    • I like the idea, but payouts should be higher
    • I don't like the idea - I like current Gang Attacks
    • I don't like the idea - I like current Gang Attacks, but the payout is too low
    • I have different idea on how Rockstar could remake Gang Attacks
    • I don't care about Gang Attacks

We all know how annoying some of the gang attacks are. You want to steal a helicopter and you get shoot just before you take off. They are not even fun if you decide to do them. Just shoot shiload of bad guys and take 2000$ as a reward. RDR did this much better. Gang attacks had different objectives like steal the gold from mine, steal a cart full of robbed money or attack enemy fort.

So my idea is similar to RDR gang attacks. Make them more diverse, interesting and different from each other. And place them in non annoying places.

Some examples that I came up with:

- sneak into Vinewood star mansion and kill his bodyguards in stealthy way or not, find him and kidnap him forcing 20k$ ransom;

- get into Tequil la-la (another locations for this could be - Lost MC bar from biker missions, Strip Club), beat up enemies using your melee weapons

and steal their money (10k$);

- on Ballas territory kill all of their drug dealers and collect money off their bodies (10k$);

- visit old motel which Juggalos use as their crackhouse and steal money from their safe (20k$);

- visit Police Station to find Police Chief and intimidate him, you have to get to the roof and find him there and after this you get free 15 minutes of police ignoring you;

- steal bikers choppers from Lost MC territory and sell them to shady dealer (10k$)

What do you think? Do you like current gang attacks, or do you want to see something new? Or you just don't care at all? Vote in the poll

Edited by quxxo
  • Like 6

A revamp would be nice, but it won't generate Shark Card sales so I don't see it happening.

I'd be happy to see them gone, they're basically just a poor man's survival in free-roam, the rewards are trivial, they annoy you when you're trying to get a plane/heli from Sandy Shores Airfield, and all I ever see people use them for is an area-passive mode when they don't want to lose their bounty.

They just need to add a few new ones and make them pay at least twice as much...1k money bundles as opposed to the pathetic $500 bundles

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

They just need to add a few new ones and make them pay at least twice as much...1k money bundles as opposed to the pathetic $500 bundles

Whats with the adding all the time instead of improving the crap we have ?

If they did that we still be stuck with them at anoying places like the airfields and such.

First of all...they should remove the NPC's with miniguns.

second of all...we should be able to disable them even if we come in gang attack teritory or at least we should be the first to aim a gun at an enemy NPC/fire a shot in the area before we get attacked.

Third, the payouts need to be buffed indeed.

Forth, there should be random DLC weapons in the boxes.

Edited by Darth Absentis

This sounds a lot better than "enter a random area that you might want to enter for totally unrelated reasons and get attacked by ghetto kids with miniguns for practically no reward". :p

• Like 5

visit Police Station to find Police Chief and intimidate him

Yeah, uh, you do realize that if we ever threaten a Police Chief we will be on the top of the FIB's and IAA's to-do list?

Our characters aren't supposed to be Gary-Stu/Mary-Sue "badasses" who can do anything with very little challenge, and the last thing we need is to think we can outmuscle an entire police-force. You can't even succeed at escaping a 3-star without calling Lester or hiding in tunnels, so what makes you think that everyone is tough enough to beat the cops? This breaks the reality the game has set, don't turn this into a fan-fiction.

I'm willing to settle with removing the gang attacks from McKenzie and Sandy Shores Airfields, that's it, I don't give a sh*t about anything else.

• Like 3

You have some ideas worth taking notes of, but honestly, buddy, I don't think they care about improving things that have existed since the dawn of GTA Online itself. They'll just forget about it and move onto their microtransaction-heavy updates. But I wouldn't mind some actual incentives to even go near the gang attacks. They're just getting buried with Adversary Modes and VIP/MC Missions and Heists and whatnot.

Edited by TheGamingPr025

I've always thought that if you attack a certain gang then then you go on their radar, sort of like when the Lost see Trevor and attack.

You have a rating vs any gang you attack and if it gets high enough then the gang actively attack you and possibly your stuff.

This would mean that options open up for higher risk vs reward gameplay. If you keep attacking Aztecas areas then you can unlock harder to take down areas and buildings but the rewards would be higher. But the Aztecas would also try to attack your strongest money makers in retaliation.

It would make the game feel like there were actual consequenses to being a criminal overlord.

• Like 2

Yeah, uh, you do realize that if we ever threaten a Police Chief we will be on the top of the FIB's and IAA's to-do list?

Our characters aren't supposed to be Gary-Stu/Mary-Sue "badasses" who can do anything with very little challenge, and the last thing we need is to think we can outmuscle an entire police-force. You can't even succeed at escaping a 3-star without calling Lester or hiding in tunnels, so what makes you think that everyone is tough enough to beat the cops? This breaks the reality the game has set, don't turn this into a fan-fiction.

I'm willing to settle with removing the gang attacks from McKenzie and Sandy Shores Airfields, that's it, I don't give a sh*t about anything else.

I mean we can call Lester who bribes cops to blink an eye for our actions.

Edited by quxxo

----------------------

I like them the way they are now; mini survivals. The only problem I have with them is placement of some of them, the inability to cancel them unless you run away far enough (which is annoying af) and the AI being super accurate, esp with the miniguns.

If I were in charge of them, I'd give the option to cancel out as soon as you enter, tone down the AI's superman accuracy and range, and also spruce up some of them, and include waves by car, helis, etc. Also increase payouts, as well as stock the crates with rare ammo like Molotov cocktails, fireworks, etc etc.

I mean we can call Lester who bribes cops to blink an eye for our actions.

... Meaning that we're worthless morons who would've already been jailed three years ago if Lester wasn't around to save our asses.

We don't have the power over the cops, Lester does, we're just lucky he's giving that service to us as an affordable privilege.

Since we can be ceo/biker, let us occupy the gang attack area. If we conquer the area than let us have some NPC gangster work for us. In a certain of time, let say 48min (1day in the game) is the time player's organisation owns the place. While owning the place, other players can attack it and try to take it over.

Who took overs the gang attack area should works like biker business, it will stocks up revenue but in a much much smaller profit way. 10mins provides 10k/5k maybe. The main idea is having fun rather than utter profits.

I personally can't stand these things within their current state; it would be nice to have an option to disable them (even if it were restricted to invite only lobbies). However, some sort of overhaul could bring them to life and make them rewarding, but perhaps not if they are always automatically triggered upon entering that area.

I still can't quite figure out why there is one at Cape Catfish near the pier. I quite like that area because of its remote location and serene setting; a gang attack there just seems out of place--not to mention, incredibly annoying.

Edited by -LN-
  • Like 3

I never do gang attacks, and if I accidentally get caught up in one, I leave and do something else instead... they're time-consuming, ammo-exhaustive and pointless, so what's the point in them at all?

So, yeah, I'm in agreement (I think). Either remove them from freemode or revamp them to make them more profitable. Each crate should contain $2000, so the overall payout would be worth your while, or a single crate with all the loot in it worth 5-10k, making it a challenge to find the right crate before someone else does.

It would be really easy to revamp gang attacks, so a good idea OP, to make them viable money-making challenges in freemode again.

Damned_Hitman

Gang Attacks should equate to crew turf.

You complete a gang attack, that area gets marked on the radar as belonging to the Damned Brotherhood in that session.

Armed NPC's that represent your crew type, then help guard it, sort of like how Own the City was in TLaD.

At the moment Gang Attacks are a pain, and not worth completing unless you're rank 1-20.

• Like 3

You complete a gang attack, that area gets marked on the radar as belonging to the Damned Brotherhood in that session.

Armed NPC's that represent your crew type, then help guard it, sort of like how Own the City was in TLaD.

At the moment Gang Attacks are a pain, and not worth completing unless you're rank 1-20.

That would be a really nice idea, if you completed a gang attack (with bigger rewards, obviously) which was then marked with your CEO/MC colour on the map to establish your 'control' of the freemode map. It would give other players more incentive to do gang attacks too, to get their colour dominating the map. Not much different to GTA San Andreas, but with CEO/MC colours instead of Grove St./Ballas/Vagos green, purple and yellow.

• Like 2

Wait, you get PAID for Gang attacks?

If I try to get the stuff in the boxes I'll get filled up with bullets and drop that 500 right away. And if I kill all the enemies the crates disappear. Sure I could leave one enemy left, but even that can be dangerous because they tend to camp the crates.

At least fill those crates up to Los Santos Connections standards...

Damned_Hitman

That would be a really nice idea, if you completed a gang attack (with bigger rewards, obviously) which was then marked with your CEO/MC colour on the map to establish your 'control' of the freemode map. It would give other players more incentive to do gang attacks too, to get their colour dominating the map. Not much different to GTA San Andreas, but with CEO/MC colours instead of Grove St./Ballas/Vagos green, purple and yellow.

Yes precisely my thought.

Like Dropzone minus the Parachuting and Silly outfits.

I hate opening what I hope is an interesting topic and the first thing I see is some counter argument because "shark cards"

come on man, this sh*t still??? EVERY decision they make is not based on centered around shark card sales...

*(every, meaning not all, some are, but not all)

• Like 3

I hate opening what I hope is an interesting topic and the first thing I see is some counter argument because "shark cards"

come on man, this sh*t still??? EVERY decision they make is not based on centered around shark card sales...

everything r* does is based on shark cards at this point, it's practically the only way they can make money off a 3 year old game..
  • Like 3

New content is new content, so I wouldn't turn it down. Honestly, I just want an option to hide them though. There's no need to have them right outside the helipads/airfields anyway, but without even the option to hide them?

3e3.jpg

Edited by Hunter

everything r* does is based on shark cards at this point, it's practically the only way they can make money off a 3 year old game..

of course its not, I'm surprised people actually believe this....

they wanna keep the game current and popular but that does not mean everything they do is for shark cards, thats silly

(how does not being able to hide gang attacks mean no fun allowed tho???)

I like your ideas, but they would fit better as side missions for the biker dlc. To fix gang attacks they need to: increase the pay to 15k, make them able to be hidden, remove the minigunners, increase the enemies to 40+, and make it to where you have to shoot a marked npc to initiate. If they did those things they'd be worth playing, but if not then i would rather see them go altogether.

Edited by JesusFR33K

No Use For A Name

Idea: how about the gang attacks actually appear on the map when they're supposed to? I just spent 20 minutes flying around like a moron. Not a single gang attack showed up on the map

of course its not, I'm surprised people actually believe this....

they wanna keep the game current and popular but that does not mean everything they do is for shark cards, thats silly

(how does not being able to hide gang attacks mean no fun allowed tho???)

You guys are both right. New gameplay features keeps the game fresh and the player population high, while new content (cars, planes, n properties) moves sharkcards and also helps keep it fresh. Finding a good balance of payouts vs prices is the tricky part.

• Like 2

Simply making a gang attack trigger depend on pressing a button the way it does with job coronas rather than firing a gun would solve the annoyance issues associated with them starting when you are trying to do something else nearby. Having an option to hide them so they can't trigger at all would be another useful option, either instead of or in addition to the above.

Idea: how about the gang attacks actually appear on the map when they're supposed to? I just spent 20 minutes flying around like a moron. Not a single gang attack showed up on the map

Gang attacks run in three time zones. You ave to be in the right are at the right time.

I like that gang attacks got tougher but they should put all attackers on the map at the start of the fight. It's annoying making tactical movements to outflank the gang only to get shot by a nely spawned in enemy. And the gangs are now so tough that they can take you out before you can react.

And I don't think there is a player in the game that doesn't want gang attack spawn areas to be moved from mission start of pegasus spawn areas.

All I want to see added to Gang Attacks is pop up that ask you if you like to partake in the GA , and if so, press say the right D-Pad .